Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. (4126 Views)

Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom / Fellow Igbos Please Forget About The Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
nijabazaar:
Plz, all Igbo should adhere to this advice ....

Imagine Oct I now looming like the Apocalypse?

I really like this. Come home and invest in our homeland. Stop all this investment in places where they either threaten:
1. Throw u in the lagoon
2. Burn ur properties.

Plz igbos ignore this who tell you that Igbo land is compacted. Lagos is just a little bit bigger than Anambra yet it contains 20million peeps. Now imagine the whole 5 eastern states. Therez enough land. if worse comes to it. We would start building vertically like hong Kong did.

Let's come home. No place like home...

Anambra is bigger than Lagos

Igboland extends both in SE, SS and North Central

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by ismhab(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:
First a background.
I am Igbo and I live in the north of Nigeria. I have followed events quite closely, listening to all sides hoping to decide which argument has the most merit. As it is , the northern youths' ultimatum to my kin to leave the north has helped crystallize my own position.
I am in favour of a UN backed referendum for the Igbo and any others to express their desires or otherwise to break away from Nigeria. I do hope that can be done quickly enough, and am urging the FG to please expedite this process. Ultimately I would hope that borders and other terms of the separation would be decided under the watchful eyes of the int'l community, and the new nation birthed in peace.
I've had to define my position to debunk the myth of the Igbo who will not leave the north come what may. I was born here in the north and only had my university training in the east . NYSC and 100% of my working life have been in the north and I have many friends here , but I will never succumb to the humiliation of being called a parasite on the north. Indeed I and many others like me have given to the north more than it has given me.
I was the only doctor in the local government where I served (NYSC) and the constant communication from my friends there show how much I meant to them. I own a hospital now, and 95 percent of my staff are northeners. Many of my friends similarly. Listen : if the north wants me to leave, I am more than happy to oblige them.

Now my advice:
1. All Igbo in the remote northern hinterland should relocate as a first step to the city centers with large Igbo populations. Don't be found alone when it goes down.
2. Arrangements for sufficient video surveillance of happenings should be made by all. Get a recording device and carry it with you at all times. Place any potentially illegal infringement on your rights on record. We hope to open a Facebook account where folks can post videos and all.
3. Be sure to have papers of your real estate. Bank them if you can.
4. Be extremely cautious what you say/do on social media, or in real life. DONT DRAW FIRST BLOOD!.
5. relocate those you can.
6. Keep in touch. Arrangements are being made to beam an intense international media searchlight on Igbo enclaves in the north. Don't be isolated.
7. BE READY TO GO HOME!!! Our aim is a legal divorce from Nigeria with a new homeland to relocate to; until that is guaranteed its suicidal to congregate in the east under guard of a hostile and reckless armed forces. Don't go anywhere until Biafra or some other entity legally emerges.
8. Stop all further investments in the north. Transfer what you can home. Even if Nigeria remains as is, you should have learnt a thing or two.
9. I have put up some of my real estate for sale. You may wish to do the same.
10. Retain contacts with our Christian brothers from the middle belt and the northern minorities. There will be future negotiations and discussions, and all contacts and connections will be useful.
11. Lastly don't tar everyone with the same brush. There are core Hausa Fulani that are as disturbed by recent events. There are good and bad people everywhere .
Whatever happens hereafter , Nigeria can never remain the same again.
There was a country.

Are u given them free medical services? na their own money we come take them go to that hospital of urs, even if u go another northerner will replace u. Go go go go and don't come back

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by OreMI22: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
cjrane:

Op, Thank you very much for your post. Well written.
Considering your post, it makes sense to relocate family members but stay back in the north as groups of men to fight together if it comes to that.

A lot of people have divulged the Fulani northern agenda to use Nigerian army to lay siege on the SE if they successfully get everyone to leave the north without a legal state of Biafra in existence to protect them. That possibility is very real. But it doesn't mean we are completely helpless should it come to that.

You do not need to sell off your estate in northern Nigeria now because you will get nothing from it. Just keep your legal papers safe and when the time comes, you will either have your property back or compensation will be paid. Just don't be foolish investing further in new projects.

Most importantly, convert most of your savings into dollars, Euro or Chinese Yuan; Renminbi NOW!!!

Open domiciliary account or open accounts in neighboring countries as Cameroon, Ghana, Togo etc. if you must bank with a Nigerian bank, use those that have branches in other countries such as South Africa etc to make sure you can operate your account outside Nigeria.
This is the only way you can retain your hard earned wealth after Nigeria changes the naira and begins their economic war. Also, move the bulk of your account to banks you know will be sympathetic to your cause so that you have a good chance of getting your money back.

It is obvious that Fulani is planning a sinister violent operation, so it may become pertinent to begin looking for arms suppliers abroad. Not that we should purchase the arms, but we will know where to get them and how much when it is needed.

Nigeria will have a long midnight in the near future. Thank you for your post again.

Exactly!
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by OreMI22: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Remain blessed

Bring back the women and children

If your are staying in the North, defend yourself

Although I wish we completely leave Hausa Fulani North and withdraw to Christian North and band with them to keep off the Jihadists far away as we expect UN Referendum.

While everyone can hope to resolve a dispute peacefully with someone that cherishes violence, my advise to those that will shop for arms is to include lots and lots of anti-tank mines and sea mines. They are good if you simply want to defend yourself.
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
OreMI22:

While everyone can hope to resolve a dispute peacefully with someone that cherishes violence, my advise to those that will shop for arms is to include lots and lots of anti-tank mines and sea mines. They are good if you simply want to defend yourself.

Bazookas RPGs are better
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by OreMI22: 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Bazookas RPGs are better

No, Of course lots of RPG is good if you can get close enough to the tanks.Many times, the tanks are shielded by infantry and you can't get them. But, the anti-tank mines will destroy the thing for you at a distance. Bazooka or RPG are good if you adopt an offensive tactics. In a defensive tactics, where you are at a disadvantage of tanks, you need to deny your enemy the free use of tanks to break through. So mine the entire ground. They will be forces to face you man to man without the tanks.
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
OreMI22:

Of course lots of RPG is good if you can get close enough to the tanks. But, the anti-tank mines will destroy the thing for you at a distance. Bazooka or RPG are good if you adopt an offensive tactics. In a defensive tactics, where you are at a disadvantage of tanks, you need to deny your enemy the free use of tanks to break through. So mine the entire ground. They will be forces to face you man to man without the tanks.

True

but remember that with RPGs and Bazookas, one can easily change direction when the Tanks avoid the minefield.

So, Bazookas RPGs compliment the effort of the mines.

They need to store chemicals, metal sheets/rods, wielding tools and acetylene (to boost the temperature level of the locally made explosives for RPGs and Bazookas) in order to produce locally made RPGs and Bazooka projectiles once their foreign ones are used up.
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Ngokafor(f): 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
mightyhaze:
never mind whoz goin which way. Just leav us to sort ourselves. Thx

.. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by OreMI22: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

True

but remember that with RPGs and Bazookas, one can easily change direction when the Tanks avoid the minefield.

So, Bazookas RPGs compliment the effort of the mines.

They need to store chemicals, metal sheets/rods, wielding tools and acetylene (to boost the temperature level of the locally made explosives for RPGs and Bazookas) in order to produce locally made RPGs and Bazooka projectiles once their foreign ones are used up.

For sure local munitions production will be massive and paly a major role, but it won't be the only role. you need some munitions that may not be quickly manufactured. You should not attempt making RPGs if you don't have the technology to make them fly in a straight path. Don't make something that won't hit any target because it can't fly straight.

Extensive minefields deprive the enemy of ability to use any space to maneuver as they desire. Since only your high command knows where minefields are located, the enemy will always play a guess work. Most times they are wrong because you already mined all the viable routes.
Bazooka or RPG are good as force multipliers when you make contact with the enemy, but we are not talking about the same military tactics here. I am talking about removing the initiative of the enemy to flank your positions or open multiple fronts to force you into dividing your forces in order to fight in multiple places. Minefield help you maintain the initiative as they will either try to clear the minefields which will expose them to your bazookas or RPG or they will sensibly decide to avoid them and thus will be playing according to your script.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
OreMI22:

For sure local munitions production will be massive and paly a major role, but it won't be the only role. you need some munitions that may not be quickly manufactured. Extensive minefields deprive the enemy of ability to use any space to maneuver as they desire. Since only your high command knows where minefields are located, the enemy will always play a guess work. Most times they are wrong because you already mined all the viable routes.
Bazooka or RPG are good as force multipliers when you make contact with the enemy, but we are not talking about the same military tactics here. I am talking about removing the initiative of the enemy to flank your positions or open multiple fronts to force you into dividing your forces in order to fight in multiple places. Minefield help you maintain the initiative as they will either try to clear the minefields which will expose them to your bazookas or RPG or they will sensibly decide to avoid them and thus will be playing according to your script.

Accepted

You have a superior argument
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by OreMI22: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Accepted

You have a superior argument

I have a secret, grin
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
OreMI22:

I have a secret, grin

I don't understand
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by OreMI22: 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

I don't understand

So you are DSS?

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
OreMI22:

So you are DSS?
I still don't understand how I am DSS
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by ProWalker: 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
OreMI22:

I have a secret, grin

HiddenShadow:

I still don't understand how I am DSS

Always say less than necessary - 48 laws of power
You guys are talking too much and NL is not as anonymous as you may think

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
ProWalker:

Always say less than necessary - 48 laws of power
You guys are talking too much and NL is not as anonymous as you may think

Is this a ploy to stop the agitation for Biafra

If it is, it won't stop me.
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by durangokid: 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nutase:
Why are yout trying to create panic were there is none?
we have heard that before since 1954 down to 2000 this time around igbos have learnt their lessons before oct1 igbos in north will relocate south as i am talking to you most of them who are to insure their property and most of them using their property there as colatrals for loans to reestablish in the south

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by durangokid: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
I want to buy your real estate but not now, when the heat starts I will be the one to tell u the price at which i want to buy it so pls hold on.

Besides the Igbo u are asking to relocate do u have house for them, do u have food for them, how will they get money to take care of theirselves...!! Pls of u are on a suicide mission don't include others just carry your cross..

Where is your real estate at lemme see if I am interested.!!
Guy cool down igbos are not fools they are the one to teach you business most of their property are on colatrals now why others have been insured

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
durangokid:
Guy cool down igbos are not fools they are the one to teach you business most of their property are on colatrals now why others have been insured
OK we sha see, as for me I will agitate for Biafra, just for the purpose of making money..!! Have a nice day..!!

It all about the money..!!
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by durangokid: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
All i can deduce from this write-up is sheer arrogance which has not taken the Igbos anywhere.

It's so unfortunate for the Op to say he has given more because he's doing charity work there without pay and even if he does, are you the first?

Instead of Igbos to channel their energies into re-orientating their kins from nefarious activities like kidnapping, counterfeiting, drugs, fraud, baby factory etc and building bridges...

You have no sense, you are just a fool
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by durangokid: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
Tyche:

You dey mind those armchair generals and wretched touts who cannot see beyond their nose.
you hardly see any igbo man staying outside igboland without who has no house in his village

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by iwatch: 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
The problem with many idiots is that they don't know how how they are helping to make Igbos sitting on the fence to pick a side... as you can see from what the OP has said, he was waiting to know what to do and the AREWA youth helped him decide that.

I on the other hand Buhari's comment, his action and inaction helped me decide and there are thousands and millions of Igbos who are deciding everyday and every week and the legion is increasing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by PDJT: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
-I concur.
-It beats my imagination how any Igbo or Easterner can establish and build immovable structure(s) in an unfriendly sharia enclave, after the pogrom of 1966.
The little diatribe by that Lagos chief made me have a serious rethink about Lagos or anywhere outside Igboland.

-Anyway, the properties can be mortgaged, used as a collateral to borrow funds from any financial institution for relocation and ofcos outright sale to any willing buyer(s).
An Igbo adage says: "Kama anu ga ala, e gbubiri ya ódù."

-Finally, anybody that's asked to go back to his fatherland, it's not a bad advice that he received.

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by ApexPredator: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2017
Gems are being dropped in this thread. Well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:07am On Jun 19, 2017
durangokid:
You have no sense, you are just a fool

Dimwit is there anything else you guys are good at except insulting, kidnapping, counterfeiting, drugs etc? Igbos here can never argue anything objectively...buzz off mofo.
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by jpphilips(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2017
newbornmacho:

The joke is on you.
The indigenous peoples of the eastern region via several nationalist pressure groups have publicly demanded the government consider the option of a referendum in their area. This is standard international practice and everyone awaits the response of government. I doubt you even know what you are talking about.
The northern youth rather than urge this process to go on are threatening legitimate citizens with "mop up" , thereby opening vistas for future matters at the Hague. And you talk about olive branch, and denouncing Ipob; IPOB have asked for a referendum. To know what the overall Igbo position is why not conduct a referendum? I will willingly leave my hospital here and go build another, possibly better one in a place where I can call my home without fear of contradiction. I have called the north home for so long, but the aewa youth just told me I am mistaken.

Who is IPOB to ask for a referendum? do you even know the guidelines for a referendum or you think referendum is a joke any f00l can call?
loads of Adults with zero education come on the internet to disgrace Nigerians, are you aware the US federal Government, China, Nigeria and several countries can not call for a referendum? Because you heard it is possible in the UK, then you ask your country to do the same? Why don't you tell Nigeria to give you a Queen you bl00dy reservoir of emptiness.
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by jpphilips(m): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

You think so

Amnesty International report
Visa ban on your military personnel

Go through that list again, are they not the same people the NA is investigating for embezzlement? The NA just threw its enemies under the bus and you think it's a big deal? the Joke is on you.
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 12:51am On Jun 20, 2017
A smart lawyer has edited the criminal document arewa youth used to threaten Igbos , they have written a new letter to Ag president Osinbajo without threats and deadlines!!!! grin grin. I think say una head dey hot! You have your work cut out for you: pressure your government to conduct the referendum we asked for. When our country emerges we go. Simple and civil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra:Asari Dokubo Fiery Video On Biafra That Has Millions Talking This Morning / COVID-19: The Presidency's Photo Of Buhari In His Office Is an Old Picture / Word On The Street Is No BMC Member Was Invited For Yusuf Buhari Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.