Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade (13884 Views)

Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today / Florence Ita-giwa Defects From APC To PDP, Backs Ayade For 2nd Term / Florence Ita-Giwa Lays Wreath At The Scene Of Electrocution In Calabar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Duru1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
GLeesMODEL:
MAMA BAKASSI DRAWS BATTLE LINE AGAINST GOV. AYADE
[i][/i]

Something curious is going on in Cross River State, some obviously sponsored youths have been induced to carry out "protest rallies" against the face and moving spirit behind the agitation for the resettlement of the displaced people of Bakassi. Apparently the young protesters phantom angst is that Senator Florence Ita-Giwa is really not from Bakassi and should stop misrepresenting them. It is the height of insult to a woman who, on record, was born in Atabong, Bakassi. It is also a funny assertion coming 30 years after Ita-Giwa almost single handedly brought the plight of the Bakassi people to the front burner of national discourse.

All of this is coincidentally taking place just after the Senator decamped from PDP the ruling party in the state and declared for the APC, the government at the centre. Anyone who has followed Ita-Giwa’s political career knows she likes to play with the government at the centre. Thus, any discerning person can see that something sinister is afoot.

Those in the know reveal that the problem started with a fire outbreak at a Bakassi displaced persons location. Senator Ita-Giwa was said to have gotten the National Refugee Commission to promptly respond to the disaster. The Refugee Commision mobilized considerable relief materials in the form of food and building materials which was handed over to the state government at a ceremony in Calabar. However, the relief materials never got to the affected victims of the fire disaster but instead found its way into the open building materials market in Calabar.

The obviously miffed Senator Ita-Giwa then reported to the authorities in Abuja, who dispatched some security personnel to look into the issue. Their findings revealed that there was indeed a diversion of relief materials. According to Prince Paul Nsan, National Coordinator, Renaissance Group Caucus, the hate campaign against Ita-Giwa may have been masterminded by the state government that feels embarrassed instead of taking responsibility for the situation. The government has allegedly decided to demonize Senator Ita-Giwa for having the temerity to expose the farce. Hence the sponsored protests against her. But this is not the first time, Ita-Giwa is rising up against suspected crooks who want who are feeding fat on the misfortune of Bakassi indigenes. In May 2010, there were rumours that funds were missing from the account of the Bakassi Resettlement Committee, chaired by Ita-Giwa. She promptly asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate the matter.

Nsan expressed fears that the current protests might incite a misguided youth to take matters a step ahead by physically attacking the senator. God forbid that she should be assassinated as was the case with a British female member of parliament a few years ago. He called on the PDP controlled Cross River State government should concentrate on governance and find ways to pay the backlog of salaries they owe workers rather that squandering scarce resources on mobilizing youths against Eka Iban Ke Efik Eburutu, the Mother of the Efik Kingdom. Let it be known that nothing must happen to Senator Ita-Giwa.

http://www.alexreports.info/2017/06/war-over-bakassi-ita-giwa-squares-up.html?m=0

When this lady was frolicking with officers of 3MCDO in 1967 in Calabar, she never realized that her home village had been ceded to Cameroon by the very soldiers she was helping to win the war. My grandfather told me it is better for the wind to blow so that every can see the.......
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by GrandGarcon: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
Duru1:

When this lady was frolicking with officers of 3MCDO in 1967 in Calabar, she never realized that her home village had been ceded to Cameroon by the very soldiers she was helping to win war. My grandfather told me it is better for the wind to blow so that every can see the.......
fowl's romp
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Chukazu: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
You after how many years, the displaced people of Bakkassi still have not been resettled?
This is a a total failure of governance?
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Duru1(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
GrandGarcon:
fowl's romp

You said it and I did not.
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Chuksgeo: 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
#brigbackbightofbiafra
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by bantudra: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ijobaorun:
Nigerians, please rise and react swiftly to this challenge

Hello house, Happy Father's Day. Please, I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to being this topic but I know that the moderator will help me take it to front page. Ladoke Akintola University is about to 'die' if nothing drastic is taking into consideration.
Someone told me today that there are about 30 courses due for accreditation and NUC has shifted the process three times. They have given then last chance to be September, 2017.
If nothing happens then, the school will be back to square one as they will have to start all over. What becomes of the students and the lecturers? I learnt a department is now left with only one lecturer as others have gone to various private institutions.
Ladokites in the house and our well wishers, please rise to this challenge so that the future of the one time best state university in Nigeria will not be in jeopardy.
Do everything in your capacity either prayer, raining fire on her enemies, telling whosoever could be of help, using social media etc to save this great Institution.
Thanks.
O. A. A

this is what you get when you build universities all over the place but no plans to maintain them...

for what do nigeria need over 50 universities all over the place?..

10 good wans is enough...

that jonathan guy was a moroon...but na una voted ram....
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Ayjuri: 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
The Problem Of Bakassi Is Like The Issue Of Omolile Who Claim To Be The Owner Of A Land Because Of The Opportunity Coming Toward The People Now, While Having No Vivid Clear Knowledge Of The Land.
Senator Ita Giwa Has Labour So Hard For The People Of Bakassi, She Is A Great Woman Who Always Defend The People Of Bakassi From Their Oppressor.
Now The Psychopath Are Coming To Fight The Woman Because
1. She's Decamp To APC
2. They Want To Be The Leader Of Bakassi
3. Ita Giwa Do Not Give Them Chance To Have Access To (steal) The Little Benefit From Ngo's.
Mma Ita Giwa May You Live Long The Great Bakassi Woman
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Fourwinds: 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Chidi Mokeme's preek has not recovered from what this woman used her Bakassi to do to him.
U are a problem in nairaland
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by leofab(f): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
Na wah ohh
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Kelvinortabo(m): 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
GLeesMODEL:
MAMA BAKASSI DRAWS BATTLE LINE AGAINST GOV. AYADE
[i][/i]

Something curious is going on in Cross River State, some obviously sponsored youths have been induced to carry out "protest rallies" against the face and moving spirit behind the agitation for the resettlement of the displaced people of Bakassi. Apparently the young protesters phantom angst is that Senator Florence Ita-Giwa is really not from Bakassi and should stop misrepresenting them. It is the height of insult to a woman who, on record, was born in Atabong, Bakassi. It is also a funny assertion coming 30 years after Ita-Giwa almost single handedly brought the plight of the Bakassi people to the front burner of national discourse.

All of this is coincidentally taking place just after the Senator decamped from PDP the ruling party in the state and declared for the APC, the government at the centre. Anyone who has followed Ita-Giwa’s political career knows she likes to play with the government at the centre. Thus, any discerning person can see that something sinister is afoot.

Those in the know reveal that the problem started with a fire outbreak at a Bakassi displaced persons location. Senator Ita-Giwa was said to have gotten the National Refugee Commission to promptly respond to the disaster. The Refugee Commision mobilized considerable relief materials in the form of food and building materials which was handed over to the state government at a ceremony in Calabar. However, the relief materials never got to the affected victims of the fire disaster but instead found its way into the open building materials market in Calabar.

The obviously miffed Senator Ita-Giwa then reported to the authorities in Abuja, who dispatched some security personnel to look into the issue. Their findings revealed that there was indeed a diversion of relief materials. According to Prince Paul Nsan, National Coordinator, Renaissance Group Caucus, the hate campaign against Ita-Giwa may have been masterminded by the state government that feels embarrassed instead of taking responsibility for the situation. The government has allegedly decided to demonize Senator Ita-Giwa for having the temerity to expose the farce. Hence the sponsored protests against her. But this is not the first time, Ita-Giwa is rising up against suspected crooks who want who are feeding fat on the misfortune of Bakassi indigenes. In May 2010, there were rumours that funds were missing from the account of the Bakassi Resettlement Committee, chaired by Ita-Giwa. She promptly asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate the matter.

Nsan expressed fears that the current protests might incite a misguided youth to take matters a step ahead by physically attacking the senator. God forbid that she should be assassinated as was the case with a British female member of parliament a few years ago. He called on the PDP controlled Cross River State government should concentrate on governance and find ways to pay the backlog of salaries they owe workers rather that squandering scarce resources on mobilizing youths against Eka Iban Ke Efik Eburutu, the Mother of the Efik Kingdom. Let it be known that nothing must happen to Senator Ita-Giwa.

http://www.alexreports.info/2017/06/war-over-bakassi-ita-giwa-squares-up.html?m=0

Hmmmm
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by ToyinDipo(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
I wonder if there is solution to the problems of this country. sad
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by slivertongue: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2017
the woman is a jobber using situations to feather her nest
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by slivertongue: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by slivertongue: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by TheDirectorate: 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
Duru1:

When this lady was frolicking with officers of 3MCDO in 1967 in Calabar, she never realized that her home village had been ceded to Cameroon by the very soldiers she was helping to win the war. My grandfather told me it is better for the wind to blow so that every can see the.......
This is classified information pls.
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
junkiesneverdie:
Nigeria carry their Land go dash Cameron... Sometimes you been to wonder if the people behind it have sense of reasoning!!!

They have sense of reasoning bro.

It's a gentleman agreement between the two countries. If we help you block food and arms from getting to Biafrans, in return, you give us the peninsula.

Nigeria just have to honour that agreement.
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by boldaslion: 7:00am On Jun 19, 2017
planetx13:
I think ita - giwa should take a chill pill and let Ayade be..... Afterall what has she contributed to the development of crossriver?

Meanwhile

Our family is looking to sell our large expanse of land in delta State(638 hectares). All documents available and original copies. ( C of O, survey plan. Deed of conveyance). Willing to sell in parts and also open to partnership. You can reply if you have any questions or need more info.... Only serious enquiries
will you accept tbc as payment so we negotiate. it will favour you both in the short and long run. if interested whatsapp me on 08037221570
Re: WAR OVER BAKASSI!: Ita-giwa Squares Up Against Ayade by planetx13: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2017
boldaslion:
will you accept tbc as payment so we negotiate. it will favour you both in the short and long run. if interested whatsapp me on 08037221570

Please understand that it is a family inheritance from my late dad, and am sure other family members might not accept tbc. If you are interested and have cash or ready for partnership.... Hit me up... But tbc.. No. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Igbo May Lose A Second Time – Okorocha / Yemi Osinbajo Celebrates His 62nd Birthday / Atiku Arrives Asaba International Airport Ahead Of PDP Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.