Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

World Sickle Cell Day - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Sickle Cell Day (6446 Views)

June 19, World Sickle Cell Day / See Photos Of US Embassy Commemoration Of World Sickle Cell Day / Kebbi Sickle Cell Association (KESCA) Marks World Sickle Cell Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by CaraJewel(f): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2017
So today is world ss day.and am having crisis
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by NMotorwerks: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2017
Congratulations to Survivors, with God on our side, together we will win this war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Lekinzmah(m): 10:24am On Jun 19, 2017
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by olad54: 10:27am On Jun 19, 2017
why stigmatize people with sickle cell as if is the worst disease on earth. there are different levels of the disease. millions of people in the world has it. and some of them lived up to 80 something years or more. there are new drugs on the market now that can reduce the impact of the disease. drinking a lot of water , be in a normal environment(not too cold and not too warm) and no excessive exercise. read more on (E-medicinehealth.com) or " goggle sickle cell" for more info.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Quinn22(f): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2017
Happy Sickle cell Day! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Mktsaad(f): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2017
Am a sickle cell survivor at 24 and I am married. I pray to live longer than this insha Allah

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by kolajoo(m): 10:38am On Jun 19, 2017
Mktsaad:
Am a sickle cell survivor at 24 and I am married. I pray to live longer than this insha Allah
Insha Allah sis. Igba odun kan ni

5 Likes

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by WriteousDavid(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2017
If tomorrow I die...
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Tolupage(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2017
Though majority sees us as weak and feeble, we know we are stronger, the fight ain't got a moment it's a life time battle, every victory gives us hope and courage to face the next. we soldier on. To those who have fallen, may there souls RIP. To our families, friends, acquaintances and those who really care about us during the hard times we say thank you for sharing our pains. To the foolish ones up there who think it's our fault and we have no life, don't be surprised you may leave b4 us.

To my fellow warriors out there keep fighting and stay strong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by theNOISEmaker: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2017
HolyCraig:
My 'sickler' freind was not lucky, she died during child birth over the weekend. May her soul rest in peace.
eyya.. and i Also lost a long time female secondary school friend just today.. also a sickler.. may their soul rest in peace
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by personal59: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2017
world sickle day
Am not good at this but please accept it as it is-
To the warrior who amidst pain and discomfort find a way to live
I know your pain is there and it hasn't go away
the midnight tears when others are sleeping
the unprepared sickness when others are running and playing
the frightened face I see when ever you knew harmattan period is close by
no matter how hard you try to conceal your pain
the silence you put up with is so loud and deafening
oh sickle cell Carrier! I ask myself why sickle cell when it's obvious you are innocent
crying hard while biting yourself, the pain and grief I felt being beside you is so much that I can't imagine what you are going through
all the injection you need to take and the drugs you need to put up with at there specific time which at times deny you the total free
life you desire
the moment you suddenly felt weak to the extent of not being able to work even when exam is on its way
you are a soldier so you always say
if there is still life you still have cause to live
you fight on even when you suddenly shiver and collapse
your will to succeed motivate me and your rising always made me whole
the serial blood transfusion you have to receive never rest on your soul
please don't give up the ghost when you are still alive
please fight on because you are a warrior
Dedicated to all the sickle cell Carrier close to me and those I don't know all over the world
note- all the over sabi believers, am not asking you not to trust in Allah but please choose what is right.
those foolish AS lovers that are still selfish and self centered thinking of nikkah please its not worth it and the uncertainty are much,
let go for Allah sake he will replace with something better please don't put up with the uncertainty because when the stress comes
(especially when you don't have enough money to always foot the bill when it calls for it
it will not only reduce you it will also reduce your ibaddah because you won't have time and I hope it didn't push you to another
uncertainty.
to all sickle cell carrier around the world, please fight on you are a warrior especially the 21st century innocent child birth out of
ignorant or selfish parent please stand tall and never back down.
A.O. A

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by eagleeye2: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by omoelerin1: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Vindica:
Know Your Genotype

Don't risk marriage because of love....,you will greatly suffer for it

Sleepless nights, unending and hot tears, hospital bills etc.

It doesn't worth it........KNOW YOUR GENOTYPE......the pain is real!!!!!!!!l!
please how do i know my genotype?
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by madbuhari: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2017
I take this little opportunity of mine to felicitate with our 93years old sickle cell anaemia president who is either cooling off in London mortuary or in coma ruling my dear Nigeria with the help of life supporting machine... happy world sickle cell day sir

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Abali1(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Happy sickler's day to all the sicklers on NL.

Advice to Sicklers
Live a peace with your neighbors, don't stress your heart, cut down your sex drive, don't marry because you will break your partner's heart eventually.
Take each day as your last.
Bro, please educate yourself about Sickle Cell. Ask any male SS, he will tell you that he has a very high sex drive. Infact if a male SS don't take time, he may experience Priapism. Please Google it.
I am married and God has blessed me with two wonderful kids.
NB
Your advice is out of place and stems from ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Abali1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
omoelerin1:
please how do i know my genotype?
Go to a reputable laboratory or Teaching hospital and request for a genotype test.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Lekinzmah(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
Abali1:

Go to a reputable laboratory or Teaching hospital and request for a genotype test.

How much do they charge for the genotype test
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Vindica: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=Lekinzmah post=57655483]

How much do they charge for the genotype test [/quotequietly

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Jaymaxxy(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
My best friend is an SCD patient. I cried the first day I saw her in pain. I thought she won't survive it. She's currently 20 and I hope she stays with me longer. Maryam, even though you're not reading this, I cherish every good moments we spent together. You've been a better friend than my AA & AS friends. I pray you won't leave me anytime soon. I love you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Abali1(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lekinzmah:

How much do they charge for the genotype test
It's very affordable. Shouldn't be more than #2000. May not even be up to that.

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by lepasharon(f): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
It's the way ppl treat those with SS as if they are weaklings is what I cannot stand.

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by femibig(m): 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
Jaydenphoenix:
I am a sickle cell survivor..@ 33. I lost a brother to the menace also

Unfortunately, I have a 2yr old nephew with the condition because his parents were stupidly in love. I feel for him

I am hoping to live longer smiley and probably find someone that wants to marry a sickler

You will surely survive. I'll be 40 by next month and i'm a proud survivor.

2 Likes

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by femibig(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
CaraJewel:
So today is world ss day.and am having crisis

The Lord will restore and perfect all the sickle cell in your body. Do not give up.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by CaraJewel(f): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
femibig:

The Lord will restore and perfect all the sickle cell in your body. Do not give up.
Amen tnx
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Beckyodafe(f): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
LexngtonSteele:
PLEASE try to marry someone with an AA genotype... though, let's be blunt, the AA person too might not want to be saddled with an SS.

Had a friend, son of a senator who was SS. We stayed on campus together. He would at times use 21 capsules in a single day.

The whole bed and bedsheets would smell of drugs.... I really feel for sicklers.

I pray one day, a true cure is found not all these CICKLAVIT
There is healing in the blood of Jesus. My brother is a living testimony.

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by LexngtonSteele: 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
Beckyodafe:

WOw....would like to know more. Can we chat / mail?
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by lepasharon(f): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
Beckyodafe:

Oh really? undecided
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by wiznuel(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
I am a survivor, just clocked 21 on 16th of this month but am loosing the will to live ... The pain I suffer is unspeakable my parents are not in peace because of me it's being long since have known happiness also the first son burden. Am afraid. But I must soldier on

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Beckyodafe(f): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

lepasharon:

Oh really? undecided
LexngtonSteele:

Yes really! He's will be 31 by september. He battled with it for 28yrs. Today He is AA. Thanks 2 God. Whoever believes in the healing power in the body and blood of Jesus (THE HOLY COMMUNION) all things are possible. All you need is faith.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by lepasharon(f): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Beckyodafe:
Yes really! He's will be 31 by september. He battled with it for 28yrs. Today He is AA. Thanks 2 God. Whoever believes in the healing power in the body and blood of Jesus (THE HOLY COMMUNION) all things are possible. All you need is faith.

Bullshit undecided Don't peddle stories here

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by lepasharon(f): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
wiznuel:
I am a survivor, just clocked 21 on 16th of this month but am loosing the will to live ... The pain I suffer is unspeakable my parents are not in peace because of me it's being long since have known happiness also the first son burden. Am afraid. But I must soldier on

Try opioid painkillers co- codamol 30mg
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by DharkPoet(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Since I've met her, I've always celebrated today for her, I always remember what today is. I try to see through her pain because I know she'd get stronger every day. She's a survivor. Keep being strong, babe. I heart you!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Enugu Confirms 22 New Cases Within 3 Days / COVID-19 Update For May 3 2021 In Nigeria / Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.