Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) (6584 Views)

Aisha Eniola Is An Elected Councillor In London / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / APC Councillor In Ogun Admits Membership Of Kidnap Gang (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by seun70(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2007
Hi all Nairalanders,

I am a bonafide nigerian, currently residing in the UK. I am interested in participating in Nigerian politics, this idea was developed while undergoing my degree program in 'International Relations and Politics' here in the UK.

Though, I do visit Nigeria -like 2/3 times each year-. I still feel I need to be enlightened on which way to go.

I am interested in contesting as a 'Councillor' in my constituency. This might be a bit late now, but I need to know how to put my machinery in place for 2011 (did I hear anyone say 2011)?, Not far.
-----Councillor? (YES) - Such a good place to start - Grassroot / Development from BELOW

I just feel like playing a positive role in the development of my local community, as a starting point - creative awareness shocked shocked

I need no god-fatherism for the level, as I believe I can do it with the support of my local kinsmen.

Nairalanders,
We need to have one of us there grin grin
OR
Don't you think so?
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by chimaze(m): 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2007
Man I’ve got an ambition to run for the councillor of my town in 2011 too. But my bros I do not know where to start.

I am presently in the UK but will be returning back to Nigeria in June.

Nigeria needs independent young people like us to move her forward; we are tired of this Godfatherism.
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by lewa(m): 6:16am On Feb 03, 2007
Yea, true talk. But hope you guys would not join'em when u eventually start seeing NAIRA! tongue
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by Waleade2(m): 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2007
Let me ask u guys. why do u want to contest 4 councillorship post.
why can't u guys aim higher. Like State House of Rep, Federal and etc.
If i,m not mistaken, u guys are youth. And we're all sayin,we need a change in this country.
U can be more active in higher post than lower post.
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by mowapa(m): 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2007
@Seun70 and Chimaze. I commend your vision of starting from scratch, what we have in most house of assembly are politicians who contest a position based on their age and have no clue how a bill becomes a law. You are what Naija needs now. Goodluck in your quest.
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by seun70(m): 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2007
Mo wapa & Wale_ade ( I sincerely thank you guys for replying my posting - what I sincerely need now is motivation. It is a long way ahead-2011, but I am putting things in place already, ie. I would be going for my NYSC in June/July -I am yet to do that, reason being I schooled here in the UK. After that, I hope to frequent Nigeria more)

In my opinion, and based on what I feel is being practiced in the country (Nigeria) at the moment. Most aspiring politicians aim for the high post just for selfish reasons.

I believe, I can touch (starting point - 'my strategy') the lives of the down-trodden by starting from the lowest level.

Wale_ade:

Let me ask u guys. why do u want to contest 4 councillorship post.
why can't u guys aim higher. Like State House of Rep, Federal and etc.
If i,m not mistaken, u guys are youth. And we're all sayin,we need a change in this country.
U can be more active in higher post than lower post.

@Wale_ade

Don't forget that we still have that'divide-line' between the rich and the poor, and unless something is done about it, it would continue like that till 'HIS' continue would come.

I am willing to go there not for any selfish reason (I know we hear this all the time), I neither have any God-father nor do I have any political connection, but, I believe with the total support of the right people that are in need of this CHANGE, I will deliver.

My interest in councillorship post at the moment is not to say I won't aspire to go higher, but, as I said earlier - STARTING POINT-.

Therefore, BY God's grace, by the time I get to YOUR high post, I would have touched the lives of the people from the local community.
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by donnymikky(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2007
Don't forget that we still have that'divide-line' between the rich and the poor, and unless something is done about it, it would continue like that till 'HIS' continue would come.

I am willing to go there not for any selfish reason (I know we hear this all the time), I neither have any God-father nor do I have any political connection, but, I believe with the total support of the right people that are in need of this CHANGE, I will deliver.

My interest in councillorship post at the moment is not to say I won't aspire to go higher, but, as I said earlier - STARTING POINT-.

Therefore, BY God's grace, by the time I get to YOUR high post, I would have touched the lives of the people from the local community.

Seun I like you my guy. You won make am "ko-ko bellow" like Lagbaja!! go on jare.
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by LoverBwoy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2007
What constituency do you want to contest for?

Are you a resident in the council?

who is the current councilor in your ward and what do you think he has achieved?

What is your background?

Have you got any leadership experience?

In what way in the past 6 years have you been involved with your ward?

Have you participated in any sport/environmental regeneration/information awareness campaign in your ward?

Can you highlight some problems residents in your ward are currently facing and "your solutions"

2 Likes

Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by Leemekzy: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2020
[quote author=seun70 post=860518]Hi all Nairalanders,

I am a bonafide nigerian, currently residing in the UK. I am interested in participating in Nigerian politics, this idea was developed while undergoing my degree program in 'International Relations and Politics' here in the UK.

Though, I do visit Nigeria -like 2/3 times each year-. I still feel I need to be enlightened on which way to go.

I am interested in contesting as a 'Councillor' in my constituency. This might be a bit late now, but I need to know how to put my machinery in place for 2011 (did I hear anyone say 2011)?, Not far.
-----Councillor? (YES) - Such a good place to start - Grassroot / Development from BELOW

I just feel like playing a positive role in the development of my local community, as a starting point - creative awareness shocked shocked

I need no god-fatherism for the level, as I believe I can do it with the support of my local kinsmen.

Nairalanders,
We need to have one of us there where u able to contest?
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by Leemekzy: 7:35am On Dec 04, 2020
did u still contest?
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Leemekzy:
did u still contest?
grin
Re: I'll Like To Contest As A Councillor In Nigeria (lagos State) by Parachoko: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
seun70:
Hi all Nairalanders,

Nairalanders,
We need to have one of us there grin grin
OR
Don't you think so?
Once the constitution amendment is signed into law, you can even contest without belonging to any political party

(1) (Reply)

ACN Scribe Rejects Jonathan's Pib Appointment. / Customs Blames NNPC For Increasing Rate Of Fuel Smuggling Across Border. / Please Save My Diabetes Cure Discovery From Nigerian Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.