Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. (17875 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why The Nigerian Senate Must Pass The Gender Equality Bill / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / MY MARRIAGE IS FINALLY OVER! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by fortunechy(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2018
If the do it a lots of ladies will tey for their papa house...
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by babyfaceafrica: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2018
not interested!!!
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by oshaosha2014(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2018
And what’s wrong with being from the Stone Age. As you are, I am guessing you are from this jet age. Do you think it is possible for him to be from where you say he is from and air is opinion without being stigmatized And do you think you, being from this jet age, you are always right but the Stone Age guy is always wrong

Please enlighten me.

Then you must be from the stone age.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by 36pripa(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2018
lofty900:
and you think the gender equality bill will change that? There are some bills that doesn't make any difference whether it is passed or not. An employer still have the right to employ who he wants to employ. Violence against women should be the priority
If it is noticed and proven that the woman is discriminated based on gender, she will backed by law to sue the employer.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by babasolution: 11:33am On Nov 08, 2018
they should pass the law,let women do whatever they want,men should focus on the own selfs and be successful individuals,men should do whatever they want too
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by babasolution: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2018
this law is just a subtle system of gagging men and holding them by the balls,but ultimately men should limit the fraternization with women,it will save them alot of headache

1 Like

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by Inception(m): 11:43am On Nov 08, 2018
babasolution:
this law is just a subtle system of gagging men and holding them by the balls,but ultimately men should limit the fraternization with women,it will save them alot of headache

Truth man!
people just fail to realize it. See what is going on in the West, then you will weep and realise that this is simply a satanic move!

There is a clear distinction between EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITIES and EQUALITY OF OUTCOME!

2 Likes

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by jeff1607(m): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2018
Benita27:
Why don't you go read some more on the subject 'Gender Equality' than dwelling on what you've assumed it to represent. Just imagine a situation where some organisations don't employ married women 'cause they came to a conclusion that they'd priotize family over their job. Isn't that unfair?.

ok say you work as an engineer in a firm then suddenly you are asked to do both morning and nights simultaneously for 3days or more, because of a deadline parts of a machine needs to be assembled.

would u be able to cope without complaining

and also if you own such a company what gender would you employ more than the other.

1 Like

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by marvinsync(m): 11:59am On Nov 08, 2018
Toks2008:
Simply put,gender equality is not about putting both sexes on the same level biologically or on the basis of physical strength or religion doctrines but it is achieved when women and men enjoy the same rights and opportunities across all sectors of life and needs of women and men are equally valued and favored.

The first bill on gender equality in Nigeria was thrown out by the Senate due to some clauses in the contents which they saw as too demanding.

But a new modified bill sponsored by Senator ‘Biodun Olujinmi (Ekiti South),has scaled through the second reading and according to section 4 of the new bill,it prohibits all forms of discrimination against any person on account of gender, age and disability through spoken words, acts, rules, customs and practices by any person or institution in Nigeria.

So in my opinion,judging from the real essence of gender equality and the section 4 of the modified bill,I'm persuaded that it will be a great victory not for just the Nigerian women but for all men in Nigeria if this bill is passed into law and i implore all Nigerian men to rally round this bill for the following reasons...

1.In the aspect of romance:

As a lady,how scintillating will it be if you no longer have to wish and hope that the cute guy you saw at the mall walks up to you when you can simply make the move without any psychological or cultural restraint.

Since the bill will automatically remove any cultural,traditional beliefs and customs segregating the sexes, this simply means Nigerian women can confidently and boldly walk up to a man and woo him decisively without shame or any form of stigmatization.Ladies can now go on their knees and propose marriage to guys and in fact pay the groom price and organize the wedding party with little or no contribution from the man and ofcourse polyandry will be official. Yes few ladies are already doing this in discreet but the bill will make it official hence remove any form of restraint.

2.In the area of finance:

I guess men will find great succor in this area as we can gladly switch places with the ladies without any shame.

Will it not be nice if we guys start using the same criteria ladies use to be with us? I can now openly say "I would like to be with a beautiful,God fearing, financially stable lady who can take care of me and ofcourse switching places mean the man will be ready to do all a woman does in the affair like washing of her cloths,that of the children,be a sit at home dad and practically does all the domestic stuffs while the woman is saddled with the responsibility of Children school fees,House rents,Electricity bills,Medical bills.Generator fuel & repairs,Car fuel and repairs
Feeding of family,Clothes for children,Xmas and New year bills,Furniture &House maintenance,In-laws wahala/demand,Her own aged parents,
Your siblings also,Your financial demands,Vigilante bills,Erecting Building,Religious demands,Family social bills,Electronics bills,Recharge cards
Extended family bills,Community demands and so on...

Let's face it,whatever a man can do i guess a lady can do better so there is no big deal here and not every man will have good money no matter how smart or hard working the man can be....the world is just unfair to some people so this will be a good one for such men.

3.In the Labour sector:

I think it is quite awkward to hear that some jobs are meant for guys or ladies...in recent times there have been a wide shift of male folks indulging in careers that are previously tagged "female career" and these guys doing these jobs still feel a form of emotional and psychological restraints but with gender equality in place,guys can now boldly and officially get involved in jobs that are believed to be feminine in nature hence create a better work force which will improve the GDP of the country.

4.In the area of child inheritance:

Do you know that in Nigeria today,we still have some tribes who do not consider the girl child as an heir apparent to any property owned by the father? worse still if a man dies and leaves a wife with only daughters,none of these people will have a good share if any at all of the diseased property. .how insane.

I'm sure no man would like this to happen to his family if he dies so I believe if Nigerian men encourage this bill,it will eliminate this cruel tradition from the affected tribes and will give the girl child ample right to inherit her father's life material achievements.

5.Better opportunity for the girl child:

Just take a stroll to most markets and ask the beautiful smart female drop outs why they are not in school and you are sure to hear funny responses like "my papa sey I be girl so e no go waste money send me go school sey nah inside my husband kitchen I go still end" how sad and grossly unfair....

Many brilliant young girls destiny have been distorted by uncaring parents who still believe that a woman's place is in the kitchen and the other room but if we men can support this bill,it will give that village girl the right to education and it will become a crime for any parent to prevent any girl child her right to her desired educational level.

6.Prevention of juvenile marriage and sexual abuse:

Do you know that some tribes in Nigeria marry off a girl as young as 10 to 13 years of age? crazy innit!

Unfortunately this happens on a regular basis and many young girls have died due to Vesicovaginal fistula, or VVF which is often caused by violent penetration of the female core or by childbirth in which case it is known as an obstetric fistula. This is prevalent among young girls who go through prolong labor and as a result of the underdeveloped pelvic region,a prolonged labor presses the unborn child tightly against the fragile pelvis which cuts off blood flow to the vesicovaginal wall and the affected tissue may necrotize (die), leaving a hole.This usually degenerates and lead to death of the innocent girl and this tribe usually tagged such death as an act of GOD....how myopic and gross!

As a man who will likely grow up to have a daughter,just close your eyes for few moments and imagine your daughter going through this..."did I hear you say GOD FORBID"?

The good news is that we can prevent this if we all join hands together to support this bill into law.

I hope these make sense.

I see �� a. a world where men and women become the same , where male and female roles are interchangeable .... hmmmm won't that seem forced ? a lot of women are benefiting from the way society places them .

of course I believe in females should be given opportunity and such but is "equality" possible or even necessary ?

equality is okay in work place and institutions but in societal interactions it isn't really possible or 100% effective not to talk of wanted

but overall I believe in giving people the ability to choose , if they still choose to live the with the normal customary roles of their gender then so be it , but no one should force anyone to be what they don't feel like, if I believe in patriarchy fine it's my life , if u don't fine it's ur life but ur beliefs don't make u better or more advanced than me

1 Like

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by Inception(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2018
jeff1607:

ok say you work as an engineer in a firm then suddenly you are asked to do both morning and nights simultaneously for 3days or more, because of a deadline parts of a machine needs to be assembled.

would u be able to cope without complaining

and also if you own such a company what gender would you employ more than the other.

I am an Engineer, and at different times i have had to supervise junior engineers on some projects. at some time, 3 were females. 2 of these had specially prepared excuses at least twice a week not to be available for work, sometimes these excuses were as flimsy as headaches! Menstrual pain nko? bros i just tire that year. There were just as good as not there at all!
The painful thing was that you just had to be very careful with them to avoid the accusation of discrimination!

Taking the same engineering as an example, in my graduating class, out of the Graduates of Industrial Engineering, only 3 were females. Today, how many are practicing Engineers? your guess is as good as mine.

My argument is there should be equal and level ground for competition for all genders. But the rules should not be bent or softened, just to allow one to compete. If you are competent, go for it. If your are not, find your playing ground somewhere else.

The harsh reality is that males and females are hardwired for different facets of life. Bending the rules will only cause disorder in the scheme of things.The thing is that even among the female folk, it is only a very few that are fighting for this. The rest just enjoy their roles and where they are(e.g the 2 female engineers i talked earlier about. They were far more interested in homely facets of life and fashion than engineering as a profession. There were simply pushed to study what never interested them as i later found out!).

3 Likes

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by babasolution: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2018
Inception:

Truth man!
people just fail to realize it. See what is going on in the West, then you will weep and realise that this is simply a satanic move!

There is a clear distinction between EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITIES and EQUALITY OF OUTCOME!

most men do not realize or appreciate the covert,subtle expertise of women especially generationally evil women and the male enablers,it is their speciality and the are using it in full throttle all over the world,its a covert warfare they are fighting,most men dont realize this,the only way men can over come this is by limiting their fraternization with women,which is what some white men call mgtow(men going their own way),because the women are bound to win this war,infact they have already won,they just need to consolidate and reap their harvest,men have to form their own movements lest we wud be consumed because its a covert war which men arent good at.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by jeff1607(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2018
Inception:

I am an Engineer, and at different times i have had to supervise junior engineers on some projects. at some time, 3 were females. 2 of these had specially prepared excuses at least twice a week not to be available for work, sometimes these excuses were as flimsy as headaches! Menstrual pain nko? bros i just tire that year. There were just as good as not there at all!
The painful thing was that you just had to be very careful with them to avoid the accusation of discrimination!

Taking the same engineering as an example, in my graduating class, out of the Graduates of Industrial Engineering, only 3 were females. Today, how many are practicing Engineers? your guess is as good as mine.

My argument is there should be equal and level ground for competition for all genders. But the rules should not be bent or softened, just to allow one to compete. If you are competent, go for it. If your are not, find your playing ground somewhere else.

The harsh reality is that males and females are hardwired for different facets of life. Bending the rules will only cause disorder in the scheme of things.The thing is that even among the female folk, it is only a very few that are fighting for this. The rest just enjoy their roles and where they are(e.g the 2 female engineers i talked earlier about. They were far more interested in homely facets of life and fashion than engineering as a profession. There were simply pushed to study what never interested them as i later found out!).

bros u just read my mind. we should all be equal in everything not in parts or taking what only favours the other.

make dem sign the bill abeg

2 Likes

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2018
Datdeltagirl:
you are wrong undecided undecided undecided

Are u a lecturer? did u mark my comment...and released a grade fail grade.
Cos u just said I'm wrong..like someone appointed u the judge of comments on nairaland...without stating a counter view to correct or educate me.....u are funny...really funny....

You are wrong!!!!!!!!!.....lol
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by johnad3(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
This is pretty rubbish and nonsense are we in Oyinbo ni? must we copy everything Oyinbo does? This is Africa Nigeria for carrying out loud. If this at the end signed into bill, haa i feel sorry for nigerian Men, them go hear wein from from their wives. They ve not sign if women are messing up, if deh con sign it nko. If anyone want this type of bill, i will advice them to go to foreign country where is been practised. I kuku jeri nigerian legislator dem no go sign nam.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by BenzEne1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2018
Obalende:

It is men who should deal with their disgusting egos. The same ego of the patriarchy that has caused numerous wars.... causes male violence on society etc.

Let's be honest the partriarchy has over lived it's usefulness. Maybe feminism is divinely inspired? I don't know.

I welcome a female presidency in Nigeria, female leadership etc. This will curb the toxic male ego and violent tendencies and create a better world for us all.

There is nothing divine in feminism. Its a hoax. No law is stopping this same women from taken power. They are just lazy and love to bicker when they don't get freebies. Abi people like Alakija and Shagaya no get resource to run for even governorship post? Most of them don't want to stress themselves.
We wish them well in their fight for equality so far them no carry am kon disturb us. People dey find money dis ones dey yarn equality.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by einsteine(m): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2018
Benita27:
Why don't you go read some more on the subject 'Gender Equality' than dwelling on what you've assumed it to represent. Just imagine a situation where some organisations don't employ married women 'cause they came to a conclusion that they'd priotize family over their job. Isn't that unfair?.

No, it's not.

Imagine a woman who gets pregnant thrice in eight years. She would have taken a full year of maternity leave during that period as well as a year of poor performance (due to lethargy from pregnancy). The company suffers low productivity from this sort of thing. Imagine if out of 200 workers, 40 of them are pregnant women who have to go on maternity leave with the company paying full salary during that period. If you were an entrepreneur, you would understand. Companies can make huge losses purely by employing lots of married women.

1 Like

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by Nwyte(m): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2018
How about the pregnancy and child bearing-labour? Will these be shared equally between the man and the woman?

They are things we cannever change or modify order than the way God made it.

The attainment of equality of male and female human will remain unachievable, it can only remain a literal hypotesis.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by ojlifa: 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
https://www.facebook.com/100013323248196/posts/581582032295900/

Never would i support an agenda .i repeat any law that is not across broad .or designed for one gender is an agenda.quote me on it.to start with the name alone shows its a scam,it say gender equality bill yet no where in the bill has anything for the male gender.the last i checked gender is both male and female.so this is an agenda.the bill should add the complusry sharing of financail responsiblity,the baring of payment of dowry,the stoppage of all privilages accorded to women.the rewriting of the way to stop women from privilages ,the immedate closing down of the ministry of woman affairs.the end to girl right education after all both boys and girls are children.the list goes on
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by pacino26(m): 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2018
Just imagine this knor with Dangote advert;

A Dangote truck is parked along the street with a woman unloading bags of cement with her head and her husband passes by to the shop opposite to buy knor he will use to cook for the family.

Is it not romantic?

I doubt there's a guy out there who wouldn't cherish the thought of staying at home all day with video games, chilled Heineken and his homies dropping by to discuss girls. Then receives the kids from school, cook a meal and f""k the lady when she gets back home.

I am a promoter of rights earned and deserved and not rights by virtue of gender.

1 Like

Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by dragon2(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2018
first step towards approving homo-sexualism. Once passed they will come out saying they are being discriminated based on their sexual orientation.Then we will have to add gay,lesbian and transgender as a gender in our constitution and the nail to the coffin of reason is slammed down.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by colossus91(m): 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2018
lofty900:
because you support it doesn't mean that all of us must support it. As for me, I don't support gender equality, it's a hoax, it immaterial and inconsequential to the development of the country
and I tot I was s only sane person here.....don't.mind.them what rubbish westernization shouldn't affect culture.....it's amazing how the west preserves her culture while we borrow theirs and see ours as barbaric and still complain when they treat us inferior!!
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by nkemjacob2(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2018
[quote author=Toks2008 post=57679595]Simply put,gender equality is not about putting both sexes on the same level biologically or on the basis of physical strength or religion doctrines but it is achieved when women and men enjoy the same rights and opportunities across all sectors of life and needs of women and men are equally valued and favored.

The first bill on gender equality in Nigeria was thrown out by the Senate due to some clauses in the contents which they saw as too demanding.

But a new modified bill sponsored by Senator ‘Biodun Olujinmi (Ekiti South),has scaled through the second reading and according to section 4 of the new bill,it prohibits all forms of discrimination against any person on account of gender, age and disability through spoken words, acts, rules, customs and practices by any person or institution in Nigeria.

So in my opinion,judging from the real essence of gender equality and the section 4 of the modified bill,I'm persuaded that it will be a great victory not for just the Nigerian women but for all men in Nigeria if this bill is passed into law and i implore all Nigerian men to rally round this bill for the following reasons...

As a lady,how scintillating will it be if you no longer have to wish and hope that the cute guy you saw at the mall walks up to you when you can simply make the move without any psychological or cultural restraint.

Since the bill will automatically remove any cultural,traditional beliefs and customs segregating the sexes, this simply means Nigerian women can confidently and boldly walk up to a man and woo him decisively without shame or any form of stigmatization.Ladies can now go on their knees and propose marriage to guys and in fact pay the groom price and organize the wedding party with little or no contribution from the man and ofcourse polyandry will be official. Yes few ladies are already doing this in discreet but the bill will make it official hence remove any form of restraint.

I guess men will find great succor in this area as we can gladly switch places with the ladies without any shame.

Will it not be nice if we guys start using the same criteria ladies use to be with us? I can now openly say "I would like to be with a beautiful,God fearing, financially stable lady who can take care of me and ofcourse switching places mean the man will be ready to do all a woman does in the affair like washing of her cloths,that of the children,be a sit at home dad and practically does all the domestic stuffs while the woman is saddled with the responsibility of Children school fees,House rents,Electricity bills,Medical bills.Generator fuel & repairs,Car fuel and repairs
Feeding of family,Clothes for children,Xmas and New year bills,Furniture &House maintenance,In-laws wahala/demand,Her own aged parents,
Your siblings also,Your financial demands,Vigilante bills,Erecting Building,Religious demands,Family social bills,Electronics bills,Recharge cards

Let's face it,whatever a man can do i guess a lady can do better so there is no big deal here and not every man will have good money no matter how smart or hard working the man can be....the world is just unfair to some people so this will be a good one for such men.

3.In the Labour sector:

I think it is quite awkward to hear that some jobs are meant for guys or ladies...in recent times there have been a wide shift of male folks indulging in careers that are previously tagged "female career" and these guys doing these jobs still feel a form of emotional and psychological restraints but with gender equality in place,guys can now boldly and officially get involved in jobs that are believed to be feminine in nature hence create a better work force which will improve the GDP of the country.

Do you know that in Nigeria today,we still have some tribes who do not consider the girl child as an heir apparent to any property owned by the father? worse still if a man dies and leaves a wife with only daughters,none of these people will have a good share if any at all of the diseased property. .how insane.

I'm sure no man would like this to happen to his family if he dies so I believe if Nigerian men encourage this bill,it will eliminate this cruel tradition from the affected tribes and will give the girl child ample right to inherit her father's life material achievements.

Just take a stroll to most markets and ask the beautiful smart female drop outs why they are not in school and you are sure to hear funny responses like "my papa sey I be girl so e no go waste money send me go school sey nah inside my husband kitchen I go still end" how sad and grossly unfair....

Many brilliant young girls destiny have been distorted by uncaring parents who still believe that a woman's place is in the kitchen and the other room but if we men can support this bill,it will give that village girl the right to education and it will become a crime for any parent to prevent any girl child her right to her desired educational level.

Do you know that some tribes in Nigeria marry off a girl as young as 10 to 13 years of age? crazy innit!

Unfortunately this happens on a regular basis and many young girls have died due to Vesicovaginal fistula, or VVF which is often caused by violent penetration of the female core or by childbirth in which case it is known as an obstetric fistula. This is prevalent among young girls who go through prolong labor and as a result of the underdeveloped pelvic region,a prolonged labor presses the unborn child tightly against the fragile pelvis which cuts off blood flow to the vesicovaginal wall and the affected tissue may necrotize (die), leaving a hole.This usually degenerates and lead to death of the innocent girl and this tribe usually tagged such death as an act of GOD....how myopic and gross!

As a man who will likely grow up to have a daughter,just close your eyes for few moments and imagine your daughter going through this..."did I hear you say GOD FORBID"?

The good news is that we can prevent this if we all join hands together to support this bill into law.

I hope these make sense.[/quoteGender equality I think is a topic that is not suppose to be discussed. To me I see no gender inequality to some certain areas.

However, there are some gender equality which u mentioned that can't be changed due to how mature has created it. Let me take u back to creation wen God created woman, he created them to b an helper and for procreation. therefore, are some points u gave which I felt as civilization comes it changes by itself and their is need for gvt to make laws to avoid female been affected due to it barbaric law/tradition.

IN THE AREA OF ROMANCE. there some Ladies already toasting a guys and d guy may accept or not (depends). I'm an example I have female toasters I even appreciate their boldness of them coming to me to express their mind. So even if the law is passed, some ladies won't try it cos of stigma and shyness.
But I wont agree with wen u say a lady should pay the groom price. U re going against God's plan. It has Neva been so from the creation.

In the aspect of LABOR, FINANCE, CHILD INHERITANCE, civilization is taken place. u could testify that some woman are bread winners in the home, some parent are willing their property to their daughters, men are doing chores of a woman's job etc. Things Change itself and yet to have not passed the gender equality bill.

GIVING A CHILD EARLY TO MARRIAGE. these are laws which are to be put in place to guild certain areas.

The idea of gender equality is a waste of debate.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by nkemjacob2(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2018
Gender equality I think is a topic that is not suppose to be discussed. To me I see no gender inequality to some certain areas.

However, there are some gender equality which u mentioned that can't be changed due to how mature has created it. Let me take u back to creation wen God created woman, he created them to b an helper and for procreation. therefore, are some points u gave which I felt as civilization comes it changes by itself and their is need for gvt to make laws to avoid female been affected due to it barbaric law/tradition.

IN THE AREA OF ROMANCE. there some Ladies already toasting a guys and d guy may accept or not (depends). I'm an example I have female toasters I even appreciate their boldness of them coming to me to express their mind. So even if the law is passed, some ladies won't try it cos of stigma and shyness.
But I wont agree with wen u say a lady should pay the groom price. U re going against God's plan. It has Neva been so from the creation.

In the aspect of LABOR, FINANCE, CHILD INHERITANCE, civilization is taken place. u could testify that some woman are bread winners in the home, some parent are willing their property to their daughters, men are doing chores of a woman's job etc. Things Change itself and yet they have not passed the gender equality bill.

GIVING A CHILD EARLY TO MARRIAGE. these are laws which are to be put in place to guild certain areas.

The idea of gender equality is a waste of debate.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by akigbemaru: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2018
Toks2008:
Simply put,gender equality is not about putting both sexes on the same level biologically or on the basis of physical strength or religion doctrines but it is achieved when women and men enjoy the same rights and opportunities across all sectors of life and needs of women and men are equally valued and favored.

3.In the Labour sector:

I hope these make sense.
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by GrowUpBoys: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2018
feelgoodInc:
does it include a one year parternity leave for men? if not I'm not supporting it.

Mumu.... #Chai
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by GrowUpBoys: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2018
feelgoodInc:
does it include a one year parternity leave for men? if not I'm not supporting it.

See Mumu.... #Chai Sorry for your mother, sisters, daughters and grand daughters #WastedDestinies
Re: When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. by GrowUpBoys: 9:25am On Nov 12, 2018
lofty900:
because you support it doesn't mean that all of us must support it. As for me, I don't support gender equality, it's a hoax, it immaterial and inconsequential to the development of the country

What can women expect from a brain dead hoax dick like you? Nothing so don't think you're special in anyway. The real men can support the bill without you boy. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Mothers Ugly Wish / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community / Woman To Marry Twin Sister's Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.