Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade (33319 Views)

10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / What Is The Most Overrated Video Game? / A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Shiitposter: 12:43am On Jun 21, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Call of Duty
I hear my friends telling me Call of Duty the best game ever go and get it. As recession is i didnt want to waste my money so I first look at IGN reviews and it got a 9.4 out of 10 . I wasn't sure if I wanted to get the game so I borrowed it from my cousins. I beat up the campaign on veteran on the 1st try. I analyzed the game's multiplayer, zombies and campaign. Multiplayer gets a 3/10. Boring and repetitive. Campaign 1/10 Bad storyline and 6 hours is not worth a #7800 game. Seriously! The guns seem all the same, like smgs, assault , and light machine. There is no difference. Despite the fact that Nazis are one of the most viscerally satisfying, guilt-free enemies to be pitted against it gets tiresome mowing down fascists with a Thompson. The war went on for years, but in many places that was generally long periods of watching and waiting followed by action, which was often taking place in unremarkable forests or fields. The games were good for a time, but with no new material to draw from, anything that has to pump out more content will become stagnant. Even the tightest controls can’t make up for repetitive level design.

"h-hey guys look at me, maybe if i criticize all this really interesting games and focus only on their bad side, maybe people will think i'm really brilliant"

lol pathetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Brunosamel(m): 12:43am On Jun 21, 2017
BLoomfrancs:

Guy God of war 3 is crap compared to God of war 1 and 2.
see this one, none of God of war series that beat the third chapter. Is the fact. It has the highest franchise.
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Lanjonath(m): 12:44am On Jun 21, 2017
I agree Fear is a terrible game and seriously overhyped. Watchdogs 2 was also crap in my opinion also

MistadeRegal:
Where are:
Immortals,
Freedom Fighters,
Soldier of Fortune,
Modern Combat,
Marine Sharpshooters,
Fear,
Lara Croft Tomb Raider,
Assassin's Creed etc?
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Lanjonath(m): 12:45am On Jun 21, 2017
Do we have hardcore pc gamers on here?? let's link up and trade games
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Brunosamel(m): 12:48am On Jun 21, 2017
The God of War series has become one of the most recognizable franchises in recent gaming. The character of Kratos has become one of the most recognizable in the industry, with plenty of parodies and tributes being made to the violent demigod. So stop saying trash. Can't wait for the 2018 series to come out.
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:51am On Jun 21, 2017
Brunosamel:
see this one, none of God of war series that beat the third chapter. Is the fact. It has the highest franchise.

Franchise doesn't make a game a good game. Playing GOW3 is like running around, to and fro, smashing every piece of furniture, in a two-room apartment. GOW3 is crap.

Guy go and play "last of us" and understand where am coming from.

I will always prefer games that look real and feature 50/50 combat ratio. Speaking of which GOW1 and 2 have those feels to them

You can also check out "far cry 3", "Uncharted 2"
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by slinkman(m): 1:02am On Jun 21, 2017
I was agreeing with this list until I saw GOD OF WAR .. that's a crime against nature
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by phenol33(m): 1:04am On Jun 21, 2017
metal gear (snake eater) remains the best game for more than a decade and half now.
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Lexxyla: 1:09am On Jun 21, 2017
I hope the OP will also compile a list of interesting games that are worth the hype so we can compare.

I need to know the game that beats GoW

1 Like

Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by iamord(m): 1:47am On Jun 21, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Halo Series
Is anyone still genuinely surprised to see the original Halo
on a list like this? Surely by now we've all come to terms
with it, haven't we? Of course, out of respect, we still spit
and pound our fists against our chests, we shake our
cages violently and fling our poo at heretics who dare the
blasphemy of taking Master Chief's name in vain. But
deep down we know the truth, and most of us have quietly
accepted it in our hearts: the start of Bungie's formidable
Halo franchise had a few cracks in its supposedly
immaculate veneer. None which significantly damage its
place in FPS history, but enough to tarnish its image. When Halo first came out, it was without a doubt THE coolest video game I owned. The story was immersive, the firefights were exciting, the enemies were incredible and the first contact with the flood was horrifying. Halo Combat evolved had this sense of mystery about it that no other FPS game I had ever owned could emulate... The wide variety of weapons, vehicles, and characters was mind blowing to me and I also loved that there was a slight horror element to Halo: CE. Keep in mind I was 10 when I first played so it did not take much to scare me. Then Halo 2 Came out... It felt forced, the plot twist were confusing and to be honest not that much fun to be dragged through. The slight element of horror that I thoroughly enjoyed was replaced with aggravation and impatience trying to wade through the annoying wave after wave of flailing armed Flood. I'm pretty sure they must've realized the exploding flood looked like a scrotum
my Al time classic. finished 1&2. too bad it's only available on Xbox
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by nueldozzy(m): 1:48am On Jun 21, 2017
TheHistorian:
Since It's a gaming thread,let me bare my mind as regards my plight..

I hacked Dream League Soccer 2017 to get more than enough coins but whenever i choose to play online with other players of the world,it refers me to update my DLS app at playstore.

The version is an updated version.

Whoever can help should do well to mention me.

I hacked mine too n havnt encountered did problem.BT I think u shld update from play store...no worry ur hack is safe...z just lyk my hacked version of shadow fight and asphalt 8airborne...even though I download new episodes n updates d hack is still safe.PS:I use luckypatcher,which app do u use

Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by ExInferis(m): 1:53am On Jun 21, 2017
Uncharted 4
MGS 5
The Witcher 3
Zelda Legend of the Wild
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by inibro(m): 1:55am On Jun 21, 2017
TheHistorian:

I hacked Dream League Soccer 2017 to get more than enough coins but whenever i choose to play online with other players of the world,it refers me to update my DLS app at playstore.

Pls how did you hack it
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 21, 2017
TheHistorian:

I hacked Dream League Soccer 2017 to get...
This part sincerely got my attention, I sincerely love hackers and I am open to learning
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 21, 2017
Josh44s:
Super Mario Nintendo cool
WTF! Ancient of days
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by menace1: 2:23am On Jun 21, 2017
TheHistorian:

pls how did u hack it,is there an app for hacking I can download in playstoee
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by menace1: 2:29am On Jun 21, 2017
krissconnect:

Go to google playstore. Its officially out
it still has lapses right,someone told me u can only play online match.no exhibition right.
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Daverytimes(m): 3:00am On Jun 21, 2017
Vasaratti16:
L. A NOIRE
us an open-world adventure, slap a Rockstar logo on
the box, and we'll come running. Throw in a properly
captivating plot, generation-defining facial animation
technology and set us free in an authentic recreation of
1940s Los Angeles, and we'll practically throw our money
at it. And so we did when Team Bondi dished up the
stylish crime saga, L.A. Noire, bolstered by a critical
response which the developer would have been rightly
proud of. But all was not well in the city of angels. For
every group of L.A. Noire fanatics unable to tear
themselves away from the amazingly realistic characters
and silky-smooth storytelling, there was a handful of
aspiring detectives who couldn't overlook the games'
underlying flaws. Flaws which unshakable fans chose to
bury under a thick layer of enthusiasm for this astounding
achievement in immersive narrative and mould-breaking
design. Many saw weaknesses where others saw
innovation, especially centred around the headline feature
of the game - the interrogation and investigation
mechanic. Nay-sayers called it limited and stifling, when
we had been assured of a dynamic investigative procedure
unlike anything we had experienced before. Visually, and
in terms of delivering an unforgettable cinematic
experience, Team Bondi exceeded expectations. Even the
cover-based gunplay was well above average for a third-
person adventure game. But criticisms aimed at the
cardboard cut-out feel of Los Angeles and a disconnect
between player and certain game mechanics, being
funnelled in a scripted direction instead of given the
freedom hoped for, left some as cold as a body found in
the trunk of an abandoned Cadillac Series 62. Oh, and a
quick sidebar: Lead protagonist Cole Phelps was (possibly
intentionally) an unrelatable, obnoxious twit.

You ain't serious, yes LA NOIRE has flaws, which game doesn't? To say however that it is overrated, I mean come on. The games facial capture is still unrivaled, the detective mechanics is till unrivaled, the interrogation mechanics (Where you have to look at the face of the character to see if they are lying or telling the truth) is still unrivaled. How can a game that set so many benchmarks be overrated?

1 Like

Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by khalhokage(m): 3:08am On Jun 21, 2017
This list is brought to you by the same person that thinks video games are a tool of the Illuminati, go figure.

Invalid list is invalid.
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by forget101O(m): 3:11am On Jun 21, 2017
Best game ever is HITMAN 2 (SILENT ASSASSIN).
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by TrapHedges(m): 3:17am On Jun 21, 2017
I see wat op is doing
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by TrapHedges(m): 3:17am On Jun 21, 2017
LesbianBoy:
Mortal Kombat angry angry
Street Fighter angry angry
Fifa (All Editions) angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
bro u tripping... Don't say that in reality/public u fina end up beaten.
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by cao(f): 3:28am On Jun 21, 2017
Lanjonath:
Do we have hardcore pc gamers on here?? let's link up and trade games
They've been doing that for ages...there's already a PC thread. You can ask them for specifics, https://www.nairaland.com/1797208/pc-games-old-new-discussions
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by sagieramos(m): 3:31am On Jun 21, 2017
ta4ba3:
Op you can post any game just leave God of war out of it.... that game is the best game ever....
the op is right. god of war and gta are n o t amoung top rated game when it comes to gameplay. the last time i check COD, watch dog, rise son of rome (on ps 3) were (cod was) rated far above gta and god of war. try to play watch dog, u'll notice how repulsive god of war wil be to u
ratfej2hatc
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by MadCow1: 4:04am On Jun 21, 2017
BlaiseJohn:
For saying that call of duty is bad.
You ent a gamer. At all

As soon as I saw call of Duty I just knew he was talking out of his a - ss.

The campaigns are brilliant and the online play will keep you playing for days without standing or showering.

1 Like

Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by BLACKPANTHER(m): 4:53am On Jun 21, 2017
Transformers: Forged to Fight

Starring Optimus Prime
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Drabrah(m): 5:08am On Jun 21, 2017
highrise07:
if you have not played any of these so called overrated games , hit like.........the only game i really loved back in the days is gambling with rubber bands, back in the 90s, rubber bands served as a store of wealth for niggas like me, only those born with "bronzen" spoons will understand.

Plastic spoon u mean!

cool cool
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 21, 2017
MistadeRegal:
Where are:
Immortals,
Freedom Fighters,
Soldier of Fortune,
Modern Combat,
Marine Sharpshooters,
Fear,
Lara Croft Tomb Raider,
Assassin's Creed etc?
Or God hand, silent hill.
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by jimklef(m): 5:12am On Jun 21, 2017
if u like condem d game, d companies has already make thre money idiot, carry your bad mouth de call god of war, how many games u don create,
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by Salimmuhammad(m): 5:17am On Jun 21, 2017
I don't believe u op that u played the veteran stage of Cod in a day...plus which of the cod did u play...they are lots of cod so it depends plus which platform did u play on...God of war? Are u kidding me...

Seems to me u just want ppl to talk but causing controversy.. grin
Re: Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade by 2shure: 5:18am On Jun 21, 2017
Join me in wifi game called
Bulletforce.
Android and iphone only
Wifi and 3g only.
Very mature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Learnt Driving With Asphalt 8 - PICS / Do You Remember This One / 'My Oga At The Top' Flash Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.