Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta (619 Views)

Court Strikes Out APC's Argument That Atiku Is Not Nigerian By Birth / I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH / Nigerian By Birth: A Dissection Of Atiku's Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta by gentlechyke(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
A MESSAGE TO EVERY NIGERIAN

My name is Ifeanyi Egbuta. I am a proud son of Ozu-Abam, born of both Igbo and Idoma nations, but I choose to be identified as a human, a citizen of the world.

I have silently watched events unfold in Nigeria, agitations for Biafra and the ultimatum by the North for the Igbos to leave the region. Hardship has caused madness in my beloved country. People now fail to see who their real enemies are. In all parts of the country, the suffering is same, no jobs, no food, no basic health care, no education, no basic social amenities, no social welfare, no future for the supposedly “future generation”.

I have lived and experienced life in all regions of Nigeria, and I have learned that we all face the same problems. The Hardship we face should unite us together to fight our biggest enemy, responsible for our suffering. Our biggest enemy is our “evil system”. A system that cares for no one but the rich and powerful, a system that has failed its youths. The poor are unable to afford education, those who manage to go through the four-walls of a school, roam the streets for years, unable to find jobs. Every Nigerian is nameless, denied basic rights to social welfare, denied the very right to live a dignified life. Amidst the suffering and chaos, government officials and politicians feed fat and exploit the people, keeping them ignorant through the deprivation of education so as to make them contempt with whatever peanuts and crumbs they give them Keeping the masses in the dark, without achieving enlightenment and realizing what is duly their right.

I set out on a journey, a mission to learn and experience life away from what I have always known, and now I realize how we have been fooled, now I see how life could be. The world is not perfect, but every man, woman and child deserves to live a life of dignity, to earn their rewards from hard work, and to live in peace. Power outages, water disruption, bad roads, lack of basic healthcare, lack of education, unemployment, lack of social welfare, abuse of human rights, are all unacceptable in a modern society. Even the smallest countries, without resources or wealth matching ours. It is time we stop “managing” and “enduring”, this is not life, the provision of these things are the most vital responsibilities of a functional state. It is not a luxury, but it is your right as a citizen.

With all the madness going on in Nigeria, hardship making people blind to their real enemies, hatred brewing among people who have shared the same pains and deprivations for over half a century. When the Biafran War was fought, the Biafrans had stood up to defend themselves from a system that wanted to purge them from existence. The Biafrans fought for survival. Today the system has turned not against the Igbos alone, but against the entire country, and for this reason, we must unite and fight, our existence as humans have come under threat, we must stand strong together, as friends, as brothers, and as a family bonded by a common bond “Hardship”. We must overhaul the system that has brought us so low, to such unimaginable state of existence. We must fight to live and not just exist, we must build a future for our children, we must not let them suffer the same way we have. It is now or never. The moment those who seek to divide us as a nation draw the first blood of their brothers, it will be too late, it would be the final victory of an “evil system” that has failed its people. Innocent people will die, we will all bleed, but it would all be for nothing, cos in the end, this will blot out the little flicker of hope left for us to have a dignified life and demand our rights.

I call out to everyone who reads this, I call out to every Nigerian, at home and abroad, I call for a Revolution, not a revolution of guns and bombs, but a “MENTAL REVOLUTION”. We must overcome the mental barriers that makes us see each other as enemies, we must overcome the mental barriers that make us blind to the real causes of our suffering, we must overcome the mental limitations that has deprived us of the unity we need in this fight and overhaul an “evil System” that has enslaved us for so many decades. We must rid our minds of the twisted mentality that makes us thirst for each others blood. We must replace this with a mentality that pursues a common purpose of uniting to free ourselves from our common enemy, the “evil system”, and together build a better country for ourselves and our children.

To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed, I call out to everyone who has shared in this same hardship, let us rise together in a revolution with one mind, nothing can stop us if we are united. Together we can overhaul the system that has enslaved us, now we still can, before it will be too late.

Cc: Ify Egbuta
Re: Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
Making sense

Re: Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta by dopeboi142: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
It's terribly sad when I see Nigerian youths dwelling on tribalism..they don't even understand that those in power are the major causes of most of the tribal and religious problems we have today ..simply because they understand that once we're United in one voice there's nothing that can stop us.but no Nigerian youths rather insults themselves and worship the main people who kept them in the mess in the first place ...I hope one day our eyes would open and we would all see that we're pawns in the hands of the elite few..#stay woke

1 Like

Re: Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta by gentlechyke(m): 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
dopeboi142:
It's terribly sad when I see Nigerian youths dwelling on tribalism..they don't even understand that those in power are the major causes of most of the tribal and religious problems we have today ..simply because they understand that once we're United in one voice there's nothing that can stop us.but no Nigerian youths rather insults themselves and worship the main people who kept them in the mess in the first place ...I hope one day our eyes would open and we would all see that we're pawns in the hands of the elite few..#stay woke

right. the Rich make fortunes in time of adversity. it is what keeps them afloat.
Re: Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta by Okoroawusa: 10:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
well articulate...

(1) (Reply)

Avergage Hausa Man Does Not Need The Igbos / Ahmed Makarfi As Been Officially Appointed As National Chairman Of PDP / President Back After Medical Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.