Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH (25999 Views)

Court Strikes Out APC's Argument That Atiku Is Not Nigerian By Birth / Nigerian By Birth: A Dissection Of Atiku's Citizenship / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by adioolayi(m): 6:07am On Apr 22, 2019
The Peoples Democratic Party’ s candidate in the February 23 presidential election , Alhaji Atiku Abubakar , has denied the All Progressives Congress’ allegation that he is not eligible to contest because he was not born in Nigeria .
Atiku stated this in a response to the APC ’ s reply to the petition he and his party jointly filed before the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal .

He said he was born on November 25, 1946, in Jada, Adamawa State, therefore he was a Nigerian.
The APC had alleged in its response that as of November 25, 1946, when Atiku was born , Jada, was part of Northern Cameroon .

But Atiku insisted that he was a Nigerian citizen, adding that his parents were also Nigerians by birth.
He said while his father, Garba Atiku Abdulkadir , hailed from Wumo in the present -day Sokoto State, his mother , Aisha Kande , hailed from Dutse, now Jigawa State.
Atiku and the PDP said, “Contrary to the allegations contained in paragraphs 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 and 6 of the 3 rd respondent ’ s ( APC ’ s) reply, the petitioners state that the 1 st petitioner ( Atiku ) is a citizen of Nigeria by birth and thus qualified to vote and be voted for and returned in the election to the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria , held on Saturday February 23, 2019 going by the relevant provisions of the 1999 Constitution ( as amended) .

“The 1 st petitioner was born on November 25, 1946, in Jada, Adamawa State, by Nigerian parents and he is , therefore , a citizen of Nigeria by birth.

“The 1 st petitioner ’ s father, Garba Atiku Abdulkadir , was a Nigerian by birth who hailed from Wumo in the present -day Sokoto State, while the mother , Aisha Kande , was also a Nigerian who hailed from Dutse in the present -day Jigawa State.

“The parents of the 1 st Petitioner are both Fulani , a community / tribe indigenous to Nigeria .
“The birth of the 1 st petitioner in Jada, in the present -day Adamawa State of Nigeria , was occasioned by the movement of his paternal grandfather called Atiku , who was an itinerant trader, from Wumo in the present -day Sokoto State to Jada in company with his friend , Ardo Usman.

“That in Jada, Atiku , the grandfather of the 1 st petitioner , gave birth to Garba who in tum gave birth to the 1 st petitioner and named him after his father, Atiku .

“The 1 st petitioner ’ s mother , Aisha Kande , was the grand -daughter of Inuwa Dutse who came to Jada as an itinerant trader too from Dutse in the present -day Jigawa State.
All averments concerning Germany , British Cameroons , League of Nations and Plebiscite are false and misleading in relation to the 1 st petitioner and therefore completely irrelevant more so that the 1 st petitioner is a Nigerian by birth within the contemplation of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria , 1999 ( as amended) .
“The averments in the aforesaid paragraphs are indeed fabricated , contrived, made in bad faith and designed to embarrass the 1 st petitioner . ”

The Independent National Electoral Commission had on February 27, 2019, declared that the All Progressives Congress alongside its candidate , President Muhammadu Buhari , won the February 23 election with 15, 191 , 847 votes to defeat his closest rival , Atiku , whom it said polled 11, 262 , 978 votes .

But the petitioners stated that “from the data in the 1 st respondent ’ s ( INEC ’ s) server … the true , actual and correct results ” from “state-to -state computation” showed that Atiku polled a total of 18, 356 , 732 votes defeat Buhari whom they said scored 16, 741 , 430 votes .
INEC had in its response to the petition distanced itself from the “server results . ”

The commission, through its lead counsel , Yunus Usman ( SAN ) , had said the results of the poll were never transmitted or collated electronically .
It added that it kept no such server where such electronically transmitted results could have been obtained .

In their reply to the APC ’ s reply, Atiku and the PDP insisted that they truly got authentic results of the February 23 election from the Independent National Electoral Commission ’ s server .
They said, “In reaction to paragraph 29 of the 3 rd respondent ’ s reply, the petitioners aver that the data and scores in the 1 st respondent ’ s server were as transmitted by the 1 st respondent ’ s officials and those scores are valid , and legitimate .

“The conduct of elections and declarations of results by the 1 st respondent is the subject of the present petition .
“Contrary to paragraphs 31 and 34 of the 3 rd respondent ’ s reply, the petitioners contend that the figures and scores in paragraph 22 of the petition are neither false nor contrived or concocted by the petitioners .

“Indeed , the ad hoc staff and officials of the 1 st respondent in obedience to the training / instruction by the 1 st respondent ( INEC ) transmitted the scores they got from the polling units to the 1 st respondent ’ s server . ”

https://punchng.com/im-nigerian-by-birth-says-atiku/

6 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Redoil: 6:09am On Apr 22, 2019
Nigerians too get wahala
Let us take it to the court of public opinion
If you agree atiku is not nigeria by birth click like
If you agree atiku is nigeria by birth click share

104 Likes 46 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 6:20am On Apr 22, 2019
Wat as Nigerië / Afrika die lot is om so te wees. Asin arm, korrup, siektes en skote. Dink daaroor. Miskien was dit 'n eksperiment van God of hoekom dink jy het God ons met twee verskillende mede geskep

2 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 22, 2019
I dedicate this page to my woman, Amar!,

I miss you cheesy

▶️ Tat M. - Home

2 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Kenturkey048(m): 6:21am On Apr 22, 2019
Why this Atiku they answer these people.

12 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Teewhy2: 6:21am On Apr 22, 2019
The things we can't choose, parents that gave birth to us and where we are given birth to.
Nigeria is bigger than all this petty argument. Nigerians are winning political post in other countries and this kind of argument doesn't come up. To me this is tribalism at the highest level.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/11

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Newznow: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2019
Ok
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by GavelSlam: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2019
Are you sure?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Patrioticman007(m): 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Finally Atiku has technically accepted defeat by claiming his parents migrated from wurno in Sokoto state to Jada in Cameroon, before Nigeria's independence.
Which still makes him a Cameroonian because his parents participated in the Referendum as such they have proven to be Cameroonians as against the country of their birth.
The fact is will Nigerians accept an alien from Ghana or Togo to be our President, just because he is rich & used his wealth to buy PDP ticket ?.
Adamawa state indigenes would sue the impostor for claiming Adamawa, while Sokoto people will deny him before he starts corrupting their political economy.
Which still makes him a Cameroonian.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by IamAlexander: 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Politics as they say it's dirty.... grin Someone that was vice president of the country for 8years, participated and funded APC's presidential primaries pre-2015 election and now his nationality is being questioned.

I see it as distraction from the main issue.

The thing is both APC and PDP rigged in the last election but it's a case of one outrigging the other... grin

Though I am non-partisan but I seriously DOUBT if the court (in this case Supreme Court coz I expect whoever loose to take the case up to this level especially Atiku) considering the sensitivity of the matter and implications on unity and peace of the country to now declare PDP as the winner or call for another election.. This is based on precedence.

Nevertheless, I am really interested to see how it pans out.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by kally32(m): 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Nigeria- a land of drama
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by jericco1(m): 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Atiku even get time to reply.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Cameroon President, go sit down jare undecided

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Buhdeuce: 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Can you just imagine? From trying to reclaim "stolen mandate" to defending your nationality.

Na here APC take pass Atiku team. They are now struggling to prove a point while the date of swearing-in is fast approaching.

grin grin

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by 12345baba(m): 6:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Thanks to nnamdi kanu

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Let the fresh civil war begins

Atiku is our President , Buhari is thier President
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by olayemioshiyemi: 6:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Introduction!
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by AngelHoly(m): 6:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Guy....weda yuh from Cameroon or somewhere
I don't give a Bleep

Just go get dat old fool out of dat seat
Dats all I care...cant be ruled by stupid dwarf person
I ever seen in my whole entire life

I'm ashamed to say we have a president

Cos of dat old fool dat suppose to be in his farm by now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Olalekank(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2019

4 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by davillian(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2019
grin
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Iloko: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2019
Nice one! No comment.
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Olalekank(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2019
Bet9ja777773:
[color=#990000][/color]See below
Is like you want to be unfortunate

Mgjj4444:
Prove below
And you too? You people no get job? If you need work, go and do bricklayer

3 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by emmabest2000(m): 6:28am On Apr 22, 2019
It’s completely finished

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Amuocha: 6:28am On Apr 22, 2019
Amazing
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:29am On Apr 22, 2019
adioolayi:

“The 1 st petitioner was born on November 25, 1946, in Jada, Adamawa State, by Nigerian parents and he is , therefore , a citizen of Nigeria by birth.

“The 1 st petitioner ’ s father, Garba Atiku Abdulkadir , was a Nigerian by birth who hailed from Wumo in the present -day Sokoto State, while the mother , Aisha Kande , was also a Nigerian who hailed from Dutse in the present -day Jigawa State.

“The parents of the 1 st Petitioner are both Fulani , a community / tribe indigenous to Nigeria .

https://punchng.com/im-nigerian-by-birth-says-atiku/

Buhari no get case!!!

What has this argument got to do with the fact that the election was rigged

The basis should be was the election rigged or not

Did PDP win the election or not

Afterwards you now look into who deserve to be the president in PDP

Shuooooooo why are you guys putting the cart before the horse

Both parties needs to stay focus!!!

What is all these distractions And why is Buhari not saying anything about his DNA Why is the focus only on Atiku Afterall he is the complainant!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by adamooye: 6:30am On Apr 22, 2019
It is long I saw the word Atikulated, life! Everything is time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Successdude(m): 6:30am On Apr 22, 2019
Olalekank:

Is like you want to be unfortunate

And you too? You people no get job? If you need work, go and do bricklayer
my broad, d tin tire me. Both of them really are so foooolish. No b only VIP nah VIQ....

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Successdude(m): 6:30am On Apr 22, 2019
Bet9ja777773:
[color=#990000][/color]See below

To be honest, you both look HUNGRY, ANGRY, POOR & FOOLISSSH....

See your face, not fresh. That your guy with the cash even look like persin houseboi ... Why not play your game and use it to buy soap and wash your face and also buy clothes.....

Heartless stealers.

Tufiakwa...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Wades Into Oshiomhole, Obaseki Feud / Ajimobi & Malika Haqq, Khloe Kardashian's Bestie Spotted In Warm Embrace / Photos From Godwin Obaseki's Campaign Flag Off In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.