Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,804 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri (32987 Views)

North Has Destroyed Itself, Destroyed Nigeria, Separation Is.... Bayo Oluwasanmi / Bayelsa APC In Crisis Over Jonathan’s Influence On Transition Committee / Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by YourWife(f): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nobody absolutely nobody or entity in Nigeria has been spared from Buhari's poor leadership , anyone that says his standard of life is generally better under Buhari than under Jonathan is a liar and a thief or lowlife sectarianist

I am a Jonathan supporter. I, and my family, am actually doing better now compared to 2years ago, although I acknowledge and know I would have done even better had Jonathan won the election; but I am mot a liar, thief or lowlife sectarianist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by SalamRushdie: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
YourWife:

I am a Jonathan supporter. I, and my family, am actually doing better now compared to 2years ago, although I acknowledge and know I would have done even better had Jonathan won the election; but I am mot a liar, thief or lowlife sectarianist.

You are very blessed then because even Dangote can't say same

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by ndcide(m): 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
Bolustical:

Now tell me, why are MTN, GLO, AIRTEL & others not packing up?

Are they not operating in the same country?

Is MTN not existing despite the huge fines it paid?

Oga, use your brain before quoting me.

Stop being silly.

I could also say, have boko haram killed every Nigerian? are we not all in the same country?

Do you even have details of the Etisalat loan? Go and research the current situations of companies.
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by jjmk(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
quiverfull:
This Reno is a compound idiot. He just keeps spewing hate-filled rubbish on the internet. You guys lost the election, deal with it!

Well before u start insulting people, perhaps u should first ask in what way did Etisalat betray GEJ. See the problem is we fail to record history that is why we keep failing and failing. I am more interested in the back story than supporting either of them.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by obailala(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
quiverfull:
This Reno is a compound idiot. He just keeps spewing hate-filled rubbish on the internet. You guys lost the election, deal with it!
Hahaha... Reno isn't an idiot, he's actually a brilliant chap but his sanity has been irreparable damaged by the events of 2015. He currently suffers from post-election-loss traumatic stress disorder; he wakes up every morning reliving the events of March 28 - April 1st 2015. He needs serious spiritual deliverance or proper psychiatric care to erase the scars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by obailala(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
jjmk:

Well before u start insulting people, perhaps u should first ask in what way did Etisalat betray GEJ. See the problem is we fail to record history that is why we keep failing and failing. I am more interested in the back story than supporting either of them.
The point is that in elections, people choose and support a candidate. It doesnt matter whether the CEO of etisalat supported GEJ or PMB, the rants of Reno is pointless, childish, and just a glaring evidence of a political loser who hasn't psychologically recovered from an election loss of 2 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by Buylekkinownow(m): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
Somehow Reno is right

Please check my signature
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by bkool7(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

TVC sacked 450 staff.
God of Jonathan is fighting back
lair !

vanguardngr.com/2017/06/tvc-explains-sack-145-staff/

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by hamilton62(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
Jiang:

Sorry oga, but you be the mumu here, there is no hidden truths or anything, those guys suck and that's it.

Besides 90% of APC members are from PDP, so its still thesame people just diffrent flags
I can see and feel the morale and manners that your parents groomed you with, what a family, bravo! for showcasing your perverted upbringing here....
Pls, what did you want to say once more, could you construct the sentence very well for assimilation?
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by obaoyedotun(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
Since GEJ left which sector is still working well in the country answer that first before you insult him
quiverfull:
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by madridsta007(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
MalcoImX:
The dude's not a Christian. He has a hate of Buhari written all over him.

Making your government "accountable", is mutually exclusive from being Christian or Muslim or Sikh; it is a duty by citizens in a democracy. I understand if this is strange within the Nigerian context, but as Nigeria practices democracy, it is important that we start to really learn the tenets of democracy and treat them with logic rather than emotions. Martin Luther King who literally gave the American government of President Lyndon Johnson "hell", was a pastor, fondly remembered by Christians. Should we also de-Christianise him?
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
hamilton62:

I can see and feel the morale and manners that your parents groomed you with, what a family, bravo! for showcasing your perverted upbringing here....
Pls, what did you want to say once more, could you construct the sentence very well for assimilation?

Soo you have to bring my parents into it, Stop desperately trying to portray urself as an enlightened adult. You are nothing but a piece of shyt since you can't even face me as a man. Cowardly mumu

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by hamilton62(m): 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Jiang:

Soo you have to bring my parents into it, Stop desperately trying to portray urself as an enlightened adult. You are nothing but a piece of shyt since you can't even face me as a man. Cowardly mumu
Here, confirms it once more, what a pity#
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
hamilton62:
Here, confirms it once more, what a pity#
how about now, anymore confirmations

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by hamilton62(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
Jiang:

how about now, anymore confirmations
Now you are learning, bravo!
Life has a way of doing it to those who failed to do so at the right time... kudos
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
hamilton62:

Now you are learning, bravo!
Life has a way of doing it to those who failed to do so at the right time... kudos

whatever, ur no fun, am bored, i actually thought you were an ipobian. since your no fun.....bye
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by omokab: 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

TVC sacked 450 staff.

God of Jonathan is fighting back
God of professional thief is fighting abi?

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by bankylan: 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
Y
Bolustical:
Reno Omokri is a mockery to common sense and constructive reasoning,

Going by his fallacious logic,

Ben Murray Bruce (the CommonNonsense Twitter Senator) whose STV/Galleria AMCON took over last year backed PMB too,

RAYMOND Dokpesi who could not pay his staff backed PMB,

Bayelsa state governor(with just 8 LGAs) who is owing backlog of salaries supported PMB too,

Everyone knows that Etisalat's problems were as a result of mismanagement,

Well, not surprised, Reno's stupidity will appeal to the REDMUDDERS, DRUG PEDDLERS, DEVELOPERS & UNITY BEGGARS.

They are his mugus.

Fulani slave....where is your slave master?
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by slivertongue: 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
well GMB is a curse to the economy of Nigeria
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by Okoroawusa: 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
omenkaLives:
Besides say work plenty for person hands, the forum is totally fvxked up now. Sometimes we just prefer observing from the sidelines.
same here,bro...I miss d old NL.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by MalcoImX: 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
madridsta007:

Making your government "accountable", is mutually exclusive from being Christian or Muslim or Sikh; it is a duty by citizens in a democracy. I understand if this is strange within the Nigerian context, but as Nigeria practices democracy, it is important that we start to really learn the tenets of democracy and treat them with logic rather than emotions. Martin Luther King who literally gave the American government of President Lyndon Johnson "hell", was a pastor, fondly remembered by Christians. Should we also de-Christianise him?
Who would you rather learn from - Martin Luther or Omokri? Martin Luther's criticisms with all sincerity is from the heart, and is therefore intended for correction. But Reno's blaming Buhari for a company that was mismanaged by its directors is nothing but mischievous and is meant to denigrate. Reno has no relevance without Buhari. You may not know, he rose to prominence on account of his criticisms of Buhari, and unfortunately Buhari unmade him. Look at his line of argument: Etisalat failed because they supported Buhari instead of Jonathan. So by extension, any company that fails are supporters of Buhari and those who succeed are with Jonathan. It is also a disservice to all of humanity for you to have likened what Omokri was doing to Martin Luther's. King's actions sprung from a moral high ground while Omokri is a known mercenary propagandist.
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by tesppidd: 1:45am On Jun 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You have just corroborated my point without even knowing ..When I say it takes a very low IQ to support Buhari at this point I know what I am saying bro .
another load of cow dung! quit clutching at straws. Stop deviating from the issue I raised. With a very significant drop in revenue the standard of living must lower. Even someone with zero IQ should know this.
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by LastProphet: 5:12am On Jun 22, 2017
no wonder Jonathan ran the most stewpid govt in history, with other buffoons like reno omockery around him how would he have done well? my dog has as much sense as reno omockery

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by mapet: 6:32am On Jun 22, 2017
madridsta007:

Not sure which part of Reno's statement is "hate".
We've used and overused certain phrases in Nigeria that the true meaning is lost. I'm sure you do not know the meaning of "hate." Granted, Reno could have backed his assertion with some facts but this isn't simply not hate. Of course, Buhari's terrible economic management has sunk many companies to their knees, but I'm unsure as to how Etisalat supported APC.

So let's look at specific. Can you name JUST ONE policy that supposedly sank Etisalat and explain how?

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by mapet: 6:36am On Jun 22, 2017
jjmk:

Can you educate us HOW Etisalat "betrayed" GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by mapet: 6:37am On Jun 22, 2017
obailala:
Hahaha... Reno isn't an idiot, he's actually a brilliant chap but his sanity has been irreparable damaged by the events of 2015. He currently suffers from post-election-loss traumatic stress disorder; he wakes up every morning reliving the events of March 28 - April 1st 2015. He needs serious spiritual deliverance or proper psychiatric care to erase the scars.
Then he is indeed a complete idiot

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by mapet: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2017
obaoyedotun:
Since GEJ left which sector is still working well in the country answer that first before you insult him

Sectors where Nigerian radio station are not more shutting down due to power problems and no diesel for starters

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by mapet: 6:39am On Jun 22, 2017
madridsta007:

.....and I guess Martin Luther King made spurious, ridiculous, daft and no-fact-based allegations to achieve that?

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by tiwiex(m): 6:50am On Jun 22, 2017
asodane:
How does supporting a candidate in an election contributed to the closure of the business. Nwanne ha amaghị business Nawa so those businesses that the owners supported Goodluck that have closed nkọ. Is this man saying that pdp would have given them money to stay afloat.
Exchange rate mismanagement. No one thought dollar could hit this high. Notice it has been coming down once they realized this was part of their job description. It is at 360 now. Imagine it got to 500 some month back. So, thet could have controlled it. Yet, na Jonathan dem blame till they start to do the right thing. Etisalat loan is in dollars (I struggle to understand why tho). They generate revenue in Naira. They would ld have been owing about 250billion Naira. Which coul have been better serviced. They already owe back logs in loan servicing due to the high dollar conversion rate. Sai baba
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by tiwiex(m): 6:52am On Jun 22, 2017
mapet:

Can you educate us HOW Etisalat "betrayed" GEJ?

Exchange rate mismanagement. No one thought dollar could hit this high. Notice it has been coming down once they realized this was part of their job description. It is at 360 now. Imagine it got to 500 some month back. So, thet could have controlled it. Yet, na Jonathan dem blame till they start to do the right thing. Etisalat loan is in dollars (I struggle to understand why tho). They generate revenue in Naira. They would ld have been owing about 250billion Naira. Which coul have been better serviced. They already owe back logs in loan servicing due to the high dollar rate.
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by caracas: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Besides say work plenty for person hands, the forum is totally fvxked up now. Sometimes we just prefer observing from the sidelines.
Fuuuucked up abi we don finish u .
These days u are always looking over your shoulders for your masters n bubu's boys, the fulani herdsmen.so no time to type on nairaland
Dont worry What u n your ppl cudnt do the mambilians are doing .So rest for now.
Re: Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri by mapet: 7:18am On Jun 22, 2017
tiwiex:

Exchange rate mismanagement. No one thought dollar could hit this high. Notice it has been coming down once they realized this was part of their job description. It is at 360 now. Imagine it got to 500 some month back. So, thet could have controlled it. Yet, na Jonathan dem blame till they start to do the right thing. Etisalat loan is in dollars (I struggle to understand why tho). They generate revenue in Naira. They would ld have been owing about 250billion Naira. Which coul have been better serviced. They already owe back logs in loan servicing due to the high dollar rate.

Bros,

At the risk of anything negative, I will advise you to seek understanding before you post submission that are pedestrian to say the least.

1. First off, I thought you are going to give me an argument that will be intellectually stimulating, with business and academic insights. What I see in your submission is far from it
2. "exchange rate" is not an absolute economic performance indicator of government and in this context. GEJ served you mugu when he mismanaged the foreign reserve, taking out a whooping almost $40b (from $67billion that Y'Ardua left it to $28b that PMB met it). Think about it in simplistic terms, the foreign reserves that was used to defend the Naira against the Dollar was depleted by 58% and you think the exchange rate will stay the same? Secondly crude oil prices crashed from $110 to $28 dwindling our revenues and you think the exchange rate will get better?
3. Let's talk about Etisalat. Going by your submission, does it make sense to you (and by extension the daft Reno) that a company of the repute of Etisalat will take a loan of $1.2b, and will not make provision for exchange rate flunctuation, expecting government to do that on their behalf? Does it make sense to you that a bank will look at Etisalat's request for loan and will not scrutinize the risk assessment part to see if they indeed calculated the risk very well before getting the loan?
4. I don't have some of the answers now, but I can decipher what is ridiculous. Your submission is downright ridiculous. If MTN can pay a $2b penalty in a business year and still standing, then something should tell you that Etisalat with a mismanaged $1.2b loan have a lot of explaining to do.
5. My problem with you lot is that you are too jumpy to make submissions that turns logic on its head. You are not patient enough to seek clarification, you are less bothered to read and connect the dots in a logical manner. In the last 24hrs the following have come out
a. Etisalat took the loan in 2013, a clear 2years before PMB came on board.
b. Secondly Etisalat took the loan to refinance a prior loan. That means they had been in huge debt from the get-to-go
c. The consortium of banks are calling on EFCC to step in and investigate. They suspected that the TMT of Etisalat siphoned the money and moved it abroad. Pls read below

Banks want Etisalat’s $1.2bn loan investigated

Strong indications emerged on Wednesday that consortium of 13 banks, involved in Etisalat Nigeria’s $1.2bn loan is seeking the Federal Government’s intervention to investigate the management.

A management source close to the banks said in Lagos that the banks want the government, through the EFCC, to wade into the matter, by investigating what the company did with the loan.

The source alleged that the loans were siphoned and needed to be investigated by the EFCC, noting, there was no proof of what the company did with the loan.

He said that the affected banks had rolled out a lot of viable options to Etisalat for the loan to be restructured, but was rejected by the company.

The source said that the banks were not into telecommunications and had no intention of running Etisalat.

“All we want is to recover the loans; we cannot write off the loans as being demanded by Etisalat, because the company is viable,” the source stated.

The source said that Etisalat wanted the banks to write off the loan as non-performing, which was rejected because the company was doing well.

According to the source, the company wants an injection of new capital, and this has been suggested to the majority shareholder.

The source said the government should investigate the matter with all seriousness, to dig out the truth.

UAE’s Etisalat on June 20 said that it had been instructed to transfer its 45 percent stake in Etisalat Nigeria to a loan trustee.

Etisalat said it had been notified to transfer its stake by June 23. It said the stake had a carrying value of zero on its books.

In the last three months, Etisalat Nigeria had been in talks with the consortium of banks, to restructure a $1.2bn-dollar loan, after missing repayments.

The loan is a seven-year facility, agreed with 13 banks in 2013, to refinance a $650m loan, and fund expansion of the telecommunications network.

Although the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), stepped into the fray to prevent a takeover by the banks, those discussions failed to produce an agreement on restructuring the debt.

(NAN)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Whisked Away By Governor Ododo, Says EFCC / How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS / Jonathan, PDP Under Fire Over Buhari ‘death Threat’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.