Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua (38793 Views)

DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
Healer007:

cry
Dont be angry ma'am
On behalf of me and my fellow followers of your story, we want to sincerely apologize for the unaffectionate behaviorism angry we put up. in ur last message stating you were not updating because you are not feeling too well.....
E b like say people nor reason that message say you sickcheesy
Anyway, I wish you "get well soon". Take care of yourself and pray to "who you believe" for healing and full restoration of your health.
Wait oo... This speech don too dey long o angry
Oya.... "WISHING YOU SPEEDY RECOVERY" smileysmileysmiley

The rest of Una Happy Monday o
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
wow Healer007 just put a smile on my face with this wonderful write up, I'm thrilled. thanks ma/sir (I don't even know which one to mention) you guys are just so wonderful. smiley thannk you all
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
SurestG:
Chaiiii this people are not caring o, so its only my update you notice abi and not my absence. Not even a get well soon message embarassed
For real!!! I'm so sorry honey. How us your health now. Oya punish me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
queenitee:

For real!!! I'm so sorry honey. How us your health now. Oya punish me
you know I can't punish you. Thanks darling I feel better
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
SurestG:
Chaiiii this people are not caring o, so its only my update you notice abi and not my absence. Not even a get well soon message embarassed
Sorry dear how is your body now
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
SurestG:
you know I can't punish you. Thanks darling I feel better
Thank God
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
queenitee:
Thank God
smiley
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
Akinwale14:
Sorry dear how is your body now
a bit better
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
SurestG:
a bit better
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
CHAPTER 11

She gave orders to her workers to lock up when it's time for them to close. Going home was the best soothing balm to her pains since nobody except her husband is aware of their ordeal. Luckily for her Fred came back some few hours after her but she was still moody. He met her given orders to the maid and screaming at the top of her voice at nobody in particular.

"Amy love" he walked up to her and envelope her in a sweet hug. "what's wrong? This is not you" he continued

The tears she had been concealing since afternoon dropped freely on her husband's flint colored designer shirt. she opened her mouth and nothing seem to come out.

"where are the kids?" he asked looking around as if they were hiding somewhere in the house.

"they didn't come home with me" she blurted out in tears

Fred patted her back and urged her to come upstairs with him so that they could talk.

"the kids doesn't want to stay with us anymore because of how sour our family has been this past years" she talked admist the hiccups that was choking her up. He drew her close to the sofa so that she could sit and calm down.

"so where are they now" not that he is not aware of where they would be

"they insisted I drove them to mama" the tears rolled down freely. "what if they tell mama what has been going on in this house"

"calm down baby, nothing extraordinary is gonna happen" he patted her back and gave her a kiss. "let me freshen up so that we can go out and do what we've missed"

There came a knock on the door. She could hear her phone ringing, she had dropped it on the glass stool by the settee she sat on downstairs.
The maid walked in after being ordered to do so and handed the phone to her madam.

"answer your call" Fred's voice called out from the bathroom.

She trembled as she saw the caller's ID, it was her mother-in-law, she was not around when she had dropped the kids there in the afternoon. Could the kids have told her things? Her mind started calculating and thinking of what excuses she would give that she didn't know her phone had rang twice in her hand. Fred collected the phone from her and saw 5missed calls. What could mama be so worried about to have called this much, there came on another call from her. Fred gave her the phone to answer the call.

"hello mama" she tried her best to not make her voice shaky

"where did you drop your phone, ehn?" mama's tiny voice pierced her hearing

"I'm sorry mama, I was in the kitchen" she made a face at her husband for the lie and her husband winked back at her.

"I need to see you and your husband at my place, I have something to discuss with you" she said with a tone of finality. "thanks for bringing my grandchildren" she smiled and bade her goodbye and the line went dead.
Fred need nobody to tell her what his mother had said because the phone was on speaker and he was able decipher what his mother said on phone.

"if we would want the kids back, we need to show them we are back together as a couple and not as enemies so let's work towards that first" Fred said as he walked to his closet to get a blue jean pant and a black body fitting round neck tshirt.

A week after Amanda's meeting with Tom's mother, she still couldn't believe what she heard that night. Though she was given a separate room, Tom insisted they sleep together in his own room which is closer to his mother's room, she had tiptoed that night to know what kept Tom late in his Mom's room. His room was adjacent his parents room, Amanda was able to open the door without any sound of suspicion. As she approached the room she heard the elderly woman told her son that everything about her is okay but she just don't want them together. Tom stood his ground that night and the discussion became heated that night. She tiptoed back to the room and pretended she was asleep under the succulent duvet when she noticed the argument was about coming to an end to avoid Tom from suspecting the probability of her hearing the heated discussion, he came into the room moments later, kissed her forehead and whispered I love you into her ear with the thought that she was asleep. Ever since that night Amanda noticed the love he had for her waxed stronger but would settling down with him without his mother's wish be possible?

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hmmm SurestG Weldon

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by bummybummy(f): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
Welcome back ma, ao z ur health. so y did she wait then wen she heard everything dey talk abt

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
bummybummy:
Welcome back ma, ao z ur health. so y did she wait then wen she heard everything dey talk abt
thanks ma, I feel much better than yesterday.
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
SurestG:
i'm not feeling well so i cant update
Oh so sorry abt dat hope u re getting better sha pele dear

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Oh so sorry abt dat hope u re getting better sha pele dear
yeah thanks
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by hormobolanle: 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
SurestG Weldon o

but a marriage without parent consent IS DAT POSSIBLE

Iyam on my own now as nobody dy remember mention me hmmmmmm Issokay......Mayreeyam n Whocarex coman read cos am not selfish like some people
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
hormobolanle:
SurestG Weldon o

but a marriage without parent consent IS DAT POSSIBLE

Iyam on my own now as nobody dy remember mention me hmmmmmm Issokay......Mayreeyam n Whocarex coman read cos am not selfish like some people
i'm sorry babe, i'll correct that in my next update wink

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
Poor Amanda
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by swankmee(f): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Weldone dear... More strength.
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2017
swankmee:
Weldone dear... More strength.
queenitee:
Poor Amanda

[/quote] Thanks dearies God bless
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Kimkardashain(f): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
weldne
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
I'm beginning to get pissed of about this antispam bot, can't someone just post in peace again?
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
hormobolanle this is dedicated to you, hope I'm now forgiven?

CHAPTER 12

"kill me o" she screamed at the top of her voice, the neighbors had gotten used to their drama.

"Maurice if you don't kill me today then I don't know what to call you..." Fiona shouted, she was filled with tears, scars has become a regular visitor on her skin, there was blood everywhere.

"...I regret saying yes to you, Maurice you are a monster" she continued

Maurice went after her with belt rolled around his hand for easy use. He caught up with her as she was about running to the guest room that was just some steps for the dining room. Fiona wailed and wailed as if her crying will let people come to her aid.

"I will let you be for today but never in your miserable life call me a monster" he shouted at her holding in right ear with his hand as if talking to a teenager.
"I won't stop calling you the monster that you are" her voice called out as he picked his car keys and Went out of the house. He checked his wristwatch, "its just 8pm" he muttered. He drove straight to the club, "the best place to be" as he always called it. His attention caught a lady that was sitting alone at a corner with a cup of wine placed before her, he wondered why she wasn't high-spirited like the other ladies in the club who were dancing out there worries.
"let me be a gentle man" he muttered. He adjusted his already rumpled tshirt that has stain of lip stick and a little stain of blood on a secluded part of it. He already unclad the lady in his head and the thought of getting her to bed that night overwhelmed him.

"hi young lady..." he said in a romantic and seductive way, waiting for the lady to look up.
" ...can I at least have a sit?" he continued, not that the lady in question paid him any attention but he must get in between her thighs whether she liked it or not.
"I'm Maurice by name" not that the lady spared him a glance though but he just kept on talking like a parrot that has been casted a talking spell on.

"won't you just let me be?" she blurted out.

The already irritated Maurice clenched his fist as if to punch some senses into her thick skull maybe she would know how to attend to strangers. But he needed to become more gentlemanly to get what he wants, his testosterones needed this particular lady with the way she's got it all. He could view her ass from her sitting position and her boobs were revealed in the low neckline short fitted gown she had on. The thought of wanting to call Fred disappeared from his mind immediately he set his eyes the nameless lady at the club. He wished the lady would just let him give his sermons to her.

"why are you being stubborn"

"what do you want from me?" she eyed him

"won't you at least offer me a seat?"

"have your seat Mr. Mannerless" she rolled her eyes.

He felt like slapping her at that instant but he didn't want to get a bad name, only his wife was aware of his attitude.

"I want to have you for the night, name your price" he said without wasting his precious time, he could feel his manhood battle with his trouser(he thanked God that the place was semi dark, he would have been embarrassed) at the erotic sight of the lady.

The way She smiled at him made him wonder if it was the same lady who had been rude to him moments ago.

"#500,000" she said as she sips from her cup of wine.

"that's no big deal" he said. "Shall we?"

"lead the way" she picked up her clutched bag and phone and followed behind the him.

Tom searched his mind to know what could possibly be his offence to Amanda to warrant her avoiding him. he had begged her countless times but all to no avail. He got confused that he had to ask Gladys for help concerning her. His last encounter wasn't favorable

He had gone to pick her from work after he heard from Gladys that her car was faulty. She had closed already by the time he got there and was waiting to get a cab.

He pulled over beside her, she smiled at him, opened the door and sat by his side on the front seat. Aside the smile the drive was silent until she broke the silence she had earlier created with "I'm famished" he was happy she said something to him so he stopped at the nearest restaurant, her smile was still infectious as ever but she was withdrawn. After the meal she politely asked if they can leave the restaurant which he nodded positively to.

"something is indeed bothering and eating her up" he concluded.

Amanda's sleepless night became a regular thing, she loved Tom but she's been pushing him away from her. All that Gladys told her keep replaying in her head and at the end she resorted to calling him to apologize for the pains and to know if they can move past it.

It was late in the midnight and she doubted if Tom would be awake to pick her call but she gave it a shot.

"sweetheart" the optimistic voice called out after the first ring.

She couldn't bring herself to saying anything she was silent for some seconds before Tom's. Deep masculine voice called out to her "I'm sorry for everything Tom. I love you"

He was happy that it shows the way he talked on phone. "let's see tomorrow" he said

Amanda on the other hand was ignorant of the fact that her deeds gave Tom sleepless nights just as it did to her. The call eased her of the burden she's been carrying around.

Who said love is not a beautiful thing

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
Kimkardashain:
weldne
thanks dear
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Healer007: 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thanks for the update kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Healer007:
Thanks for the update kiss
my pleasure. I wish to update more before today runs out
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by swankmee(f): 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please update more am hungry....

Oloshi ma ni Maurice ooo....

More ink surest
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:47am On Jul 21, 2017
swankmee:
Please update more am hungry....

Oloshi ma ni Maurice ooo....

More ink surest
he is indeed an oloshi

thanks a lot.

Just that I'm getting tired of writing it since people are not encouraging that much, maybe its boring

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by swankmee(f): 9:15am On Jul 21, 2017
SurestG:
he is indeed an oloshi

thanks a lot.

Just that I'm getting tired of writing it since people are not encouraging that much, maybe its boring

Ehn!!... Please don't quit, I know it's discouraging when they don't comment but please focus on the views and not the comments and please focus on the lesson you want others to learn from your story please don't relent the Lord is ur strength

Let me mention some plp
BeckyTeelard, Yampotatocarrot, Dopeyomi, bummybummy, Ekemeze, Silensa, Lyoncresent, bossy512, blair01, najaka, Lildiamond, tyeenigga, countrygirl, Didov1, Sensitivity1254, sylvia2147, Kamelot77, Nickibeauty, feyiwonda, fattprince, Hargbo, xtanlee, sirfolarin, nikkybeez, PopoolaTaiwo, saxwizard, livingimage, Prinxxdave, OLAFIMIX, oluwatymylehyn, MzDarocha, Sainttops, wizzybro10, Tife101, jwlawn, OlufemiWhit, Ridwan1821, dexzzy, LeMubs, SPDAZZY, tosyne2much, holufunmie, Vickiey192, Qasaforlife, Toyibtaw, spixytinxy, pcicero, oluangelkay, Iamfelicia, Just30, lillyana, stardomberry, olujuwonj, sirblero, Shakyroh320, swanky47

(guyzzz u need to read dis interesting piece.... Thk me later)
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2017
swankmee:

Ehn!!... Please don't quit, I know it's discouraging when they don't comment but please focus on the views and not the comments and please focus on the lesson you want others to learn from your story please don't relent the Lord is ur strength

Let me mention some plp
BeckyTeelard, Yampotatocarrot, Dopeyomi, bummybummy, Ekemeze, Silensa, Lyoncresent, bossy512, blair01, najaka, Lildiamond, tyeenigga, countrygirl, Didov1, Sensitivity1254, sylvia2147, Kamelot77, Nickibeauty, feyiwonda, fattprince, Hargbo, xtanlee, sirfolarin, nikkybeez, PopoolaTaiwo, saxwizard, livingimage, Prinxxdave, OLAFIMIX, oluwatymylehyn, MzDarocha, Sainttops, wizzybro10, Tife101, jwlawn, OlufemiWhit, Ridwan1821, dexzzy, LeMubs, SPDAZZY, tosyne2much, holufunmie, Vickiey192, Qasaforlife, Toyibtaw, spixytinxy, pcicero, oluangelkay, Iamfelicia...

(guyzzz u need to read dis interesting piece.... Thk me later)
may God help me
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2017
SurestG u b boss so i say weldone ma
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by tosyne2much(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nice one. Keep it up dear
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Silensa(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
Swankmee i just came back from the long journey you sent me with full smile and you are about sending me on another? I will embark on this on one condition: the journey must be worth repeating.

I am coming, let me go and prepare, and invite Evajael my nairaland crush even though she doesn't know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.