Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill (70074 Views)

Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Loses In Court / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos) / Nigerian Excretes 1410.9 Grams Of Cocaine, Faces Death Penalty In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by nextstep(m): 4:26am On Jun 22, 2017
Laws are not retroactive. Meaning he can't be prosecuted or convicted under a new law for crimes commited before said law took effect. It's in our Constitution, though I don't know the Lagos state constitution or if it can override national statutes in a case like this.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 22, 2017
Christian Igbo Biafran Kidnapper faces death penalty.

Op, learn to make the headlines eye catching undecided
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by SirMichael1: 4:30am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Very true sir, even goats are fully aware of what will befall shekau whenever he is captured but some dry heads keep dragging his case into other very annoying crimes. Why can't he take the responsibility of capturing shekau and let's see what will happen?

Imagine, talking about freeing a bloody billionaire kidnapper, killer who has wreaked untold psychology, emotional and unbearable havoc to many households.

Actually, from some comments, it is not too difficult to understand some criminals are online sourcing for information.

Every thing you wrote up there is really true. Most times I wonder the reality some people live in. If he is freed (which can never happen), how sure are we that he isn't gonna return to his crimes only that he'd be more careful and very wise.. Imagine a scenerio where he is freed and couldn't get a job because no one in his right senses would wanna give such person a job, don't you think he'd return back to his crimes?

This man has seen billions of naira and he would never be able to cope being poor again so he's definitely gonna revert back to his crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by justi4jesu(f): 4:30am On Jun 22, 2017
Good riddance

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by konfused: 4:35am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.

But Evans has not been tried yet. He is yet to be charged. Will the law not be binding on him when he is arraigned??
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Ispiksdatroof20: 4:37am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.

RETROACTIVE, not retrospective.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Ispiksdatroof20: 4:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Life imprisonment is a billion times worse than the Death Penalty.

Just hit him with a few consecutive sentences and justice will be served.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by absky5(m): 4:44am On Jun 22, 2017
check the most expensive wedding dress in the world see how it cost.
http://kamjokey..co.ke/2017/06/wth-heiress-victoria-swarovski-wears.html?m=1
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by eyinjuege: 4:51am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:

I thought Ambode signed this law long before Evans ever caught?
I remember when the bill was passed and I thought he signed it months back.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by abujetli(m): 4:56am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Lightening: 5:35am On Jun 22, 2017
Jirate:

Evans started his nefarious activities in the East then came to Benin before ending in Eko, some of these other states already have Death Penalty since. Try him in Benin and it's the HangMan noose for him. cool

If only the can prove that he committed any of the offences in any other state with an already active law against kidnapping.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by wengerman: 5:48am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
what of the armed robbery that he was engaged in before he started kidnapping or have you forgotten the loan that was kidnapped on Feb 14 this year that escaped last month which led to the beginning of his end
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by free2rime: 5:49am On Jun 22, 2017
Fearlez:
You must have the brain power of a druged laboratory gorrila putting that kind of question before me.

Morron

Why are you pitying if you are not related?
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by LionDeLeo: 5:52am On Jun 22, 2017
free2rime:

You feel pained. Are you related to Evans?

Very correct question grin grin grin
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:54am On Jun 22, 2017
RIP to him in advance
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Opeomoope: 6:10am On Jun 22, 2017
Let him die to serve as an examples to others......... No sinner will go unpunished.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Rainmaker69(m): 6:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Vanguard and nonsense news.. Even a secondary school student knows that a person cannot be tried under a law that did not exist when the infraction was committed. Nevertheless, if the stories we read are true then there is enough evidence to slam him with maximum sentences for homicide, kidnapping, attempted murder, aggravated assault with intent, extortion, armed robbery, conspiracy, false imprisonment and whole list of offences that will secure like 4 life sentences with hardest labor.
In essence, we should have update the penalties for kidnapping and new crimes.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by whizzyleejr(m): 6:25am On Jun 22, 2017
Whaever you sow you go reap
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by mcafeez: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2017
That my own problem

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Obaloluwapet: 6:28am On Jun 22, 2017
I pray they arrest every last one of them
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Barrywilly(m): 6:31am On Jun 22, 2017
He cannot be sentenced to death because as at the time he committed the offences, there was no law stipulating death as the punishment. Law cannot have retrospective effect. Therefore, the maximum he can get is 15years imprisonment except the police can prove that he killed that policeman killed during the failed abduction of the young shall grow man. Ambode was too slow in signing that bill into law
Prexblog:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/evans-may-get-death-penalty-life-imprisonment-ambode-signs-bill-law/

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by azimibraun: 6:34am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
. This bill was signed into Law months ago. I don't understand what the op is getting at. People just want to keep m$aking m$oney from the evens story.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 22, 2017
Am not even sure this guy will make hell
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by azimibraun: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2017
eyinjuege:

I thought Ambode signed this law long before Evans ever caught?
I remember when the bill was passed and I thought he signed it months back.
but you and I know young and even old Nigerians don't follow the news. How can educated people especially lawyers and folks living in Lagos don't know this bill was signed into Law earlier. This year about 2 or 3 months ago? What a shame. Must the Evans news be the only cash stream for bloggers and the new unreliable media?

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by simplycarro: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:

We know you ibo will not want him killed, but he will be killed. He killed in the course of his criminality
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by azimibraun: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Rainmaker69:
Vanguard and nonsense news.. Even a secondary school student knows that a person cannot be tried under a law that did not exist when the infraction was committed. Nevertheless, if the stories we read are true then there is enough evidence to slam him with maximum sentences for homicide, kidnapping, attempted murder, aggravated assault with intent, extortion, armed robbery, conspiracy, false imprisonment and whole list of offences that will secure like 4 life sentences with hardest labor.
In essence, we should have update the penalties for kidnapping and new crimes.
So now you expect us to see you as one brilliant guy right? The only brilliance you would have displayed is to have known that the bill was signed into law by Governor Ambode earlier this year before Evans even committed some of the crimes. Besides didnt you hear Evan confessed his attempt to kidnap the owner of the young shall grow led to the death of 3 Police officers and some of his own Men?

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by simplycarro: 6:43am On Jun 22, 2017
ikp120:
undecided So the law was not even in force as at the time of his arrest? undecided undecided

That alone makes me doubt if he will be sentenced to death.

This is also another clause any lawyer can exploit to beat death sentence because none of his victims died in their custody.

I don't support him. That's just my perspective.

At least in his foiled attempted kidnap of obiadono, he killed. He will be killed
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by excanny: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2017
NubiLove:
It was signed on February 1st, 2017. Evans is eligible for the death penalty!

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/222270-ambode-approves-death-penalty-kidnappers.html

He confessed he never killed any of his victims.

Most like life imprisonment, which is better cos we lack the modern facility for death penalty.

The govt is even scared to do it sef, case in point, Rev King.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by azimibraun: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2017
simplycarro:

At least in his foiled attempted kidnap of obiadono, he killed. He will be killed
The Anti kidnapping bill was sanctioned by Ambode and became an act on the 1st of February 2017. Evans was. Arrested in June 2017. Deal with it.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Apexcutie(f): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2017
this Evans guy is good,I wish he would not be killed BT used in the Nigeria force he has a lot to contribute.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by azimibraun: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Apexcutie:
this Evans guy is good,I wish he would not be killed BT used in the Nigeria force he has a lot to contribute.
What is Good about Bad? Even if you no do philosophy you go sha sabi small sociology na? How many ex-kidnappers were used. In the process of investigation and subsequent arrest of the Man? Na him catch police abi na police catch am? He is adjudged the most intelligent and sophisticated yet he was arrested. Do we now need him to help us catch those who are not at his level? Guy your comment lack LOGIC!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joy Odama: Alhaji Usman Adamu, The Prime Suspect In Her Death Appears / "Lady Tried To Touch My Manhood In A Car & Her Boyfriend Slapped Me In Ibadan" / Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.