Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill (70383 Views)

Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Loses In Court / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos) / Nigerian Excretes 1410.9 Grams Of Cocaine, Faces Death Penalty In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Joyzeey(f): 6:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Jumbus31:

Argh! May you not be so broke and stupid that anyone will be able to pay or convince you to post Free Evans the wicked Kidnapper. Amen. Maybe you're one of his relatives or one of his oloshos. Developers.
I know u are one of De Arewa youth wat about shekau ur Broda una don kill am. Make thunder strike DAT ur useless mouth for calling me olosho, I bleep ur papa collect ur skul fees go shopping idiot
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ndcide(m): 6:55am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun and his mod keep putting stories of Evans of the front page. We haven't seen any story of the Lagos school boys kidnapped.

Abi Seun no Sabi open thread?

The campaign of bring back our boys never started. In fact people aren't interestef :-XSeun and his mod keep putting stories of Evans of the front page. We haven't seen any story of the Lagos school boys kidnapped.

The campaign of bring back our boys never started. In fact people aren't interestef
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by aribisala0(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.
I think we still have a death sentence, for armed robbery. That should catch the bastard

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ernieboy(m): 7:02am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.
he has not been tried so the law applies.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by kingsleefolli(m): 7:08am On Jun 22, 2017
Ambode sign the bill.so he can take over Evans building abi.don't worry.why can't this bill not sign since all this years.is Evans the first kidnapping Lagos has produced.Biafra will sign for any afonja that enter there own net.just wait.Mr ambode
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by nurusystem(m): 7:14am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:

Evans is a igbo terrorist that Nigeria will kill
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by brunofarad(m): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2017
I hope others will learn from this. Crime doesn't pay!

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by yankidelta(m): 7:19am On Jun 22, 2017
ikp120:
undecided So the law was not even in force as at the time of his arrest? undecided undecided

That alone makes me doubt if he will be sentenced to death.

This is also another clause any lawyer can exploit to beat death sentence because none of his victims died in their custody.

I don't support him. That's just my perspective.

But people have died (law enforcement personnel) and 1 of his victims was shot in carrying out these heinous crime.
I think that is enough to take him to the gallows.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by guyla: 7:20am On Jun 22, 2017
brightgreat:
Evans family should start #AnambraKidnapper campaign so that he can escape this one ooooo

In Anambra and Imo is death sentence and demolition of his house,, if is yet to build any building housing prior to arrest will be bulldozed down
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by holysina(m): 7:25am On Jun 22, 2017
Prexblog:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/evans-may-get-death-penalty-life-imprisonment-ambode-signs-bill-law/

The new law will only be used if he committed any of those crime after the bill has been passed into law. For now the only law that applies to Evans case is the existing laws wen he committed the said crime
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ikp120(m): 7:30am On Jun 22, 2017
linearity:

The law was sign on February 1, 2017; so was in effect when Evan was riding high on his crime and therefore applicable. This is a recycled ole news published just to attract some of the Evan related traffic.

BTW, how did you know that, none of his victims died, do you have an inside scope into all his crimes. Please, don't rely on anything out there and we should be careful of our utterances before we are called to testify to what we know nothing about...

You made a self implicating categorical statement only someone privy to Evan's total operations would know and it will be reasonable for law enforcement to think that, you have more info and will be within their scope to invite you in for questioning.
He made it clear that none of his victims died in his custody. I've been following this case carefully, so I can tell without bating an eyelid that this is simply life imprisonment, not death sentence as most people are thinking. As for the police man who died in the kidnap attempt, any good lawyer can beat that off because he made it clear that he himself doesn't carry guns but the gang members. He's more like the CEO.

It's only in Nigeria that if one is looking at a criminal from a different perspective he will be seen as being part of the crime.

If I were to be a lawyer, I would have loved to flex my legal muscles small by taking up a case like this. The thing dey sweet wella.grin grin grin

I'm just exploring another perspective to this case, not supporting him.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by tlops(m): 7:32am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:
It will affect him as he has not been tried yet. he will be tried and will qualify for this new judgement

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Does state laws supersed federal laws.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Daboomb: 7:47am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:

I knew this post was a "Kite" being flown by some supporters of Evans the Kidnapper. (Mr. Chukwudi Onwuamadike, a native of Nnewi, Anambra State, in the South East of Nigeria).

Fearlez:
Another Evans opportunistic thread seeking cheap publicity. A misleading title and old statute already passed by the Lagos state house of assembly.

Gov. Ambode is not just signing the Bill into law today, it has been done since! Long before Evans and his gang were captured

If you notice, you will see that the poster did not STATE THE DATE the Governor of Lagos State, signed the Bill into Law!
The plan was to plant doubt in the mind of Nigerians, that the law was just signed and as such, will not apply to Evans.
They will then start to mount pressure on our Judiciary, to spare Evans, claim the law cannot be applied retroacively, as already being claimed by "Family of Kidnappers"!

He wont be the first and he wont be the last.

Below is a quote from one of the victims of Evans, after collecting a whooping $1,000,000 from him, only to threaten his wife and daughter and collected another $200,000!
Making a total of One Million, Two Hundred thousand Dollars! From one single person!!
shocked shocked angry angry

The victim, who requested not to be named because he did not want publicity, said he paid a total of $1.2 million to Evans and not $1 million as being reported.

“He collected 1.2 (million dollars) from me, not 1 million he’s writing,” the victim, who was among the several people kidnapped by Evans in the FESTAC area, told PREMIUM TIMES in an exclusive interview.
“Because when he released me, there was an imposed understanding between me and him, the day he was releasing me, he said the money my wife gave him, that like 200,000 was old money, that they did not collect it from her, and that the money must be complete. I told him let him release me let me to go and look for the money,” he agreed.

After one month, he started calling me, he now told me about my son and where my daughter is working and that if I don’t give him the money he’ll come after me. Rather than go through that trauma again, I sent that money to him at Queen’s Suite ( a hotel in Awka, Anambra State)
.”

Anyone in support of this bunch of criminals, needs to be identified and PUBLICLY STONED.
All the lies Evans and his wife has been cooking in other to escape Justice, has fallen apart.
Infact, his Mother, Father, Wife and Brothers all knew and tacitly participated, supported and financially benefited from this criminal kidnaping Enterprise and they should all get Life Imprisonment, while Evans and his immediate gang MUST ALL get the Death Penalty.

Anything less, we shall look for Evans and make sure he gets PUBLIC Justice: DEATH and no less.
Olori'buruku!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by PROUDLYAFONJA1: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2017
I noticed that evans tribesmen are pained with this news, chai how can some dumb people be celebrating crime, giving useless excuses, tribalism has blindfolded some people here, may evans soul rot in hell in advance

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Daboomb: 7:56am On Jun 22, 2017
ikp120:
He made it clear that none of his victims died in his custody. I've been following this case carefully, so I can tell without bating an eyelid that this is simply life imprisonment, not death sentence as most people are thinking. As for the police man who died in the kidnap attempt, any good lawyer can beat that off because he made it clear that he himself doesn't carry guns but the gang members. He's more like the CEO.

It's only in Nigeria that if one is looking at a criminal from a different perspective he will be seen as being part of the crime.

If I were to be a lawyer, I would have loved to flex my legal muscles small by taking up a case like this. The thing dey sweet wella.grin grin grin

I'm just exploring another perspective to this case, not supporting him.

Stop eschewing IGNORANCE!
So, we are to swallow whatever this scum of a liar and kidnappers say, and take it as truth?
Do you think the Courts are that foolish?
Did he show ANY PROOF that he does not carry Gun or where Guns not found in his house when he was arrested?

When the CEO of That Luxurious Bus Company (The Young Shall grow) was kidnapped in Festac, TWO POLICE OFFICERS Were KILLED in the process of kidnapping him.

And that is just one example for you, Mr. Defender of kidnappers! undecided undecided

Evans is as good as dead, since yesterday!
grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by PROUDLYAFONJA1: 8:06am On Jun 22, 2017
excanny:
The current law in Lagos stipulates 10years max.

He can't get more than that, except they can prove he committed the crime in another state where there is life imprisonment.
stop giving yourself unnecessary hope evans supporter, death penalty sure for the guy

Everyone of you supporting this guy should be located and stone to death, how would Nigeria move forward when some dumb people are still supporting crime
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Daboomb: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
stop giving yourself unnecessary hope evans supporter, death penalty sure for the guy

Everyone of you supporting this guy should be located and stone to death, how would Nigeria move forward when some dumb people are still supporting crime

What do you expect?
It is their way, CRIMINALITY is in their DNA.
95% of the CRIMINALITY in Nigeria can be traced to this particular tribe.

No wonder Arewa Youths give them Red Card!

Let them go and form their own country of Kidnappers, Drug Couriers, Armed Robbers, Adulteration of Pharmaceuticals, Spare parts and other vices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by excanny: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:

Idiot, where did I support him? Why should I support a kidnapper and someone who caused others pain? I don't even know the silly guy.

I was simply pointing out the penalty found in the Criminal Code of Lagos State. (tho some people proved this new anti kidnapping bill was signed since February.

So scamper off and stop misquoting me.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Daboomb: 8:15am On Jun 22, 2017
kingsleefolli:
Ambode sign the bill.so he can take over Evans building abi.don't worry.why can't this bill not sign since all this years.is Evans the first kidnapping Lagos has produced.Biafra will sign for any afonja that enter there own net.just wait.Mr ambode

See Yiibo talk!

omo Nyamirin, abeg talk sense now?

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Daboomb: 8:19am On Jun 22, 2017
ndcide:
Seun and his mod keep putting stories of Evans of the front page. We haven't seen any story of the Lagos school boys kidnapped.

The campaign of bring back our boys never started. In fact people aren't interestef :-XSeun and his mod keep putting stories of Evans of the front page. We haven't seen any story of the Lagos school boys kidnapped.

The campaign of bring back our boys never started. In fact people aren't interestef

What story do you want to see when they are ye to be CAUGHT?
Or you just want some other story to be used to cover the KIDNAP KING Chukwudi Onwuamadike (popularly known as Evans, from Nnewi, Anambra State),story, abi?

Just watch, it will be another Nyamirin that did it and they will be caught.

These tribe that is always bringing disgrace to themselves, anywhere they go, ehn?
angry angry
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ikp120(m): 8:19am On Jun 22, 2017
Daboomb:

Stop eschewing IGNORANCE!
So, we are to swallow whatever this scum of a liar and kidnappers say, and take it as truth?
Do you think the Courts are that foolish?
Did he show ANY PROOF that he does not carry Gun or where Guns not found in his house when he was arrested?

When the CEO of That Luxurious Bus Company (The Young Shall grow) was kidnapped in Festac, TWO POLICE OFFICERS Were KILLED in the process of kidnapping him.

And that is just one example for you, Mr. Defender of kidnappers! undecided undecided

Evans is as good as dead, since yesterday!
grin grin
Bro, a suspect's testimony, the victims' testimony and objective and verified evidences are the ONLY things that a criminal legal case CAN be based on. Sentiment or assumptions are not tenable bro. If there's gun in his house, it's simply a case of carrying fire arms without licence. The only issue here is the policeman who died in their kidnap attempt (he wasn't the target, neither did he die in their custody. It was a gun battle)

And what's the problem if a lawyer defends a kidnapper? undecided undecided Everyone has a right to a lawyer. Of course you have a right to freedom of speech as well. Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin

Let's watch and see. This case will end as life imprisonment. I have said that over and over again. This article was about the kidnapping law, and folks were using it as the basis for death sentence for him. But it obviously isn't the basis because none of his victims "died in their custody" as the law clearly stipulated. The law is VERY explicit. You no need torchlight to read am. LMAO grin grin grin.

I will say it again for the records, this case will end as life imprisonment, not death sentence.

I don't support him or what he did.

But as I'm looking at it, it's obvious that Evans will plead guilty because he said that he wants to die. If he does that, there's every likelihood that he will be sentenced to life imprisonment.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Fearlez: 8:21am On Jun 22, 2017
free2rime:

Morron

Why are you pitying if you are not related?
pitying? Can you point me to any part of my posts that remotely infer pity on Evans?

My highlight was focused on the misleading header and cheap attempt at publicity.
But you're a bloody dyslexic idiot whose cognitive ability is as weak as your father's penís.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Fearlez: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
Daboomb:

I knew this post was a "Kite" being flown by some supporters of Evans the Kidnapper. (Mr. Chukwudi Onwuamadike, a native of Nnewi, Anambra State, in the South East of Nigeria).

Gov. Ambode is not just signing the Bill into law today, it has been done since! Long before Evans and his gang were captured

If you notice, you will see that the poster did not STATE THE DATE the Governor of Lagos State, signed the Bill into Law!
The plan was to plant doubt in the mind of Nigerians, that the law was just signed and as such, will not apply to Evans.
They will then start to mount pressure on our Judiciary, to spare Evans, claim the law cannot be applied retroacively, as already being claimed by "Family of Kidnappers"!

He wont be the first and he wont be the last.

Below is a quote from one of the victims of Evans, after collecting a whooping $1,000,000 from him, only to threaten his wife and daughter and collected another $200,000!
Making a total of One Million, Two Hundred thousand Dollars! From one single person!!
shocked shocked angry angry

Anyone in support of this bunch of criminals, needs to be identified and PUBLICLY STONED.
All the lies Evans and his wife has been cooking in other to escape Justice, has fallen apart.
Infact, his Mother, Father, Wife and Brothers all knew and tacitly participated, supported and financially benefited from this criminal kidnaping Enterprise and they should all get Life Imprisonment, while Evans and his immediate gang MUST ALL get the Death Penalty.

Anything less, we shall look for Evans and make sure he gets PUBLIC Justice: DEATH and no less.
Olori'buruku!

Exactly my point about the poster trying to use the date of the law to create ambiguity. The OP is trying to test if there could be a legal leeway for Evans' escape. That's what I was pointing out before the Analphabetismus called free2rime came charging like a sedated chimp.

Even if we do grant the law was only just passed after the act, armed robbery attracts the death penalty too so I don't see Evans escaping that one through any legal dribble.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by aribisala0(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2017
Chapter 36
Stealing with Violence: Extortion by Threats

401. Any person who steals anything, and, at or immediately before or immediately after the time of stealing it, uses or threatens to use actual violence to any person or property in order to obtain or retain the thing stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to its being stolen or retained, is said to be guilty of robbery.

402. (1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or any obnoxious or chemical materials or is in company with any person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of robbery, the said offender wounds any person, the offender shall upon conviction be sentenced to death.

403. (1) Any person who with intent to steal anything, assaults any other person and at or immediately after the time of assault, uses or threatens to use actual violence to any other person or any property in order to obtain the thing intended to be stolen shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than fourteen years but not more than twenty years.

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section, is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or is in company with any other person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of the assault the said offender wounds or uses any other personal violence to any person, the offender shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life with or without whipping.

(3) Any person found in any public place in possession of any firearms whether real or imitation and in circumstances reasonably indicating that the possession of the firearms is with intent to the immediate or eventual commission by that person or any other person of any offence under section 402 of this Act shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than fourteen years nor more than twenty years.

403A. Any person who conspires with any person to commit an offence under section 402 of this Act whether or not he is present when the offence is committed or attempted to be committed, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence as a principal offender and shall be punished accordingly.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by aribisala0(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Robbery with wounding carries death penalty . According to 403 A, etc en if a conspirator is not physically present at the place of robbery he is to be punished as if he was there
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by aribisala0(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2017
Eg. Robbery by use of drugging will carry death penalty
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by captaininiobong(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2017
evans should be killed immediately. they should hang his wife and burn all his children to death.. like father like son
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Psoul(m): 9:13am On Jun 22, 2017
Abeg leave matter. This guy go dey prison dey control his gang outside. They will still be kidnapping for him while he do the funding.

You remember Vampire in Imo State. He was in prison making arrangement for his escape. He funded the thing. Bought the jeep used for the operation from his prison room. Was inside custody and was renting his arms to other criminals and returns bn paid to him. He uses a phone to communicate wt other criminals still his phone activities were not tracked.

What about ND (Ndubuisi), the one his gang members once kidnapped Evans. He was serving Prison term in Rivers State while he was cordinating his criminal activities right from prison custody.

My brother, leave matter, no be Naija we dey. The guy na big boy criminal and will still enjoy that big boy privilege. Ok check it out, see the picture where he was bn paraded wt his gang members. It was only him that Police offered Slippers to wear while other gang members were on bare foot even the lady among them. Guy, big boy na big boy.
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Akainzo(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2017
LUGBE:

The law was actually signed on February 1st 2017.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/ambode-okays-death-penalty-kidnappers-signs-bill-law/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

African Soldier With Powerful Black Magic Bulletproof (Video) / Nigerian Fraudster, Otunba Cash Arrested In Turkey / Ebonyi Bullion Van Robbery: Soldiers, Other Suspects Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.