Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) (19462 Views)

Lady Found Dead Under A Hotel Bed In Owerri (Photos) / Man Carrying AK-47 Rifle In Owerri (Photos) / Customs Intercept Five Vehicles Filled With Frozen Poultry In Ogun(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Adeoba10(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Jf
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by PissedOffWeed(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Penny wise, Pound Foolish!!
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by sirusX(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
See MEAT shocked

Except if it is the kind that they inject weird fluids inside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD3_DQHeC7Y
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by evanscheck(m): 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Instead of wasting iT like that... These cud be used as manure .. It cud be cooked well and given to IDPs. So much wastage and yet so great poverty .. May God help us
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by d33types: 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
this is plain evil.you collect customs duty at the port and still destroy the goods
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by GavelSlam: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
nototribalist:
I don't think so, the custom people just want to destroy an igbo person business as usual. Where were they when the container passed through their nose.

How did a 40ft container pass through our border with the custom people knowing. The trick is, wait until it gets to the final destination and destroy it.

Stop bringing contrabands and toxic materials into the country.

I know you don't mind if Chidi and Amaka die from consuming your poison.
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
wen IDP cam need this? na wahhhh
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nma27:
The importer should have invested d money on a poultry farm! Chai
THUNDER FIRE the comptroller...

Don't mind him...
If these products were made to the conveyed to an
ALHAJIs apartment, would he have done this...?

I was expecting to hear that they DISCOVERED Hard drugs or the products were preserved with a proven terrible chemical.....never knew it was ordinary compliance (BRIBERY)...

Devil Punish You, comptroller
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
GavelSlam:

Stop bringing contrabands and toxic materials into the country.

I know you don't mind if Chidi and Amaka directory from consuming your poison.
Take a chil, illegal and contraband YES POISON NO? so wahts the point of destroying them when teh IDP would have been the very place to take them to.This is cos the custom Bos has little or no use for these Item,s if it where cars would they burn them?these are the question we should ask, seizing them was the right thing to do but destroy them was teh very wrong thing to do

1 Like

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
nototribalist:
I don't think so, the custom people just want to destroy an igbo person business as usual. Where were they when the container passed through their nose.

How did a 40ft container pass through our border with the custom people knowing. The trick is, wait until it gets to the final destination and destroy it.
Yes an igbo man's ILLEGAL goods were destroyed and so what? That ought to teach him a good lesson

1 Like

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Flashmove: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
If Dangote should import this , no one will destroy it, Even FG will order it for Aso Rock Special......

There is nothing wrong with those chicken, Its Just a way to kill the Igbo People's Business....

2 Likes

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nma27:
The importer should have invested d money on a poultry farm! Chai
God bless you. I Don't pity the idiot

2 Likes

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Mynd44: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
aku626:
But they're hungry people in the country? wouldn't it be better you take these food to the prisons or even mental homes or IDP's. after laboratory test have been carried out. why do we have leaders that are not willing to......
Better be hungry than eating poison.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by adecz: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Transporting meat in an unrefrigerated vehicle?

That is why dangerous, embalming chemicals
like formalin are used to preserve them in transit.

You eat such chickens regularly, wake up one
day & you are diagnosed with kidney failure, next
thing, you'll be thinking your stepmother has finally
succeeded in "getting" you.

In this country, 'otapiapia' is regularly used
by stockfish sellers to deal with the insects
that feed on the fish.

Good job Customs.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
nototribalist:

DrObum:
IDP never chop,una dey destroy poultry products!

You know the poultry is adulterated stuff, right?

Thank God they destroyed it...before someone eats it in the name of 'poverty' and falls sick...and ends up spending money wey him no have for the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by GavelSlam: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
erico2k2:

Take a chil, illegal and contraband YES POISON NO? so wahts the point of destroying them when teh IDP would have been the very place to take them to.This is cos the custom Bos has little or no use for these Item,s if it where cars would they burn them?these are the question we should ask, seizing them was the right thing to do but destroy them was teh very wrong thing to do

They are poisonous.
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
Flashmove:
If Dangote should import this , no one will destroy it, Even FG will order it for Aso Rock Special......

There is nothing wrong with those chicken, Its Just a way to kill the Igbo People's Business....

OK....make they import am into Ibo land.

By the time people start having sickness left right and center...you people would be blaming/accusing the government of 'genocide' against Igbos.

I don't know how you Nigerians think....if na Yourba or Hausa man...the same sentiment from his people...then when they let the adulterated product in...and people fall sick...they will accuse the government of being bad to Hausas and Yorubas.

Anyway...na your business. Go and chop adulterated products....in the name of supporting your brother. When the thing damages your organs...you go know.
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
What ever the goddamn rational, this shouldn't be happening!
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by coptic: 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Senseless people.

Why not give them to IDPs?
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Flashmove: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
9jakohai:

OK....make they import am into Ibo land.

By the time people start having sickness left right and center...you people would be blaming/accusing the government of 'genocide' against Igbos.

I don't know how you Nigerians think....if na Yourba or Hausa man...the same sentiment from his people...then when they let the adulterated product in...and people fall sick...they will accuse the government of being bad to Hausas and Yorubas.

Anyway...na your business. Go and chop adulterated products....in the name of supporting your brother. When the thing damages your organs...you go know.

Beat your chest and Swear that its only in Igbo land that frozen chickens are sold.... They will never do a national clamp down for those selling frozen chicken.. Its only on Igbo people that they have power on. Infact , I just made a call now to someone Ibadan now , The person told me that alot of People are selling imported frozen chicken there.... So are there no Customs in Ibadan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Gome23: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Rubbish.....just bcus enough bribe was not given
I know them
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by DrMuzungu(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
So the eediots didn't thinkit would help the poor if they give it out to homeless, single mothers or someone else like that, who won't ever be able to buy it anyway? Sheety hands.
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Raheemzee(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
nototribalist:

tribalism has really gotten deep into ur bone marrow ....chai!!!!
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
Flashmove:

Beat your chest and Swear that its only in Igbo land that frozen chickens are sold.... They will never do a national clamp down for those selling frozen chicken.. Its only on Igbo people that they have power on. Infact , I just made a call now to someone Ibadan now , The person told me that alot of People are selling imported frozen chicken there.... So are there no Customs in Ibadan?

I don't care about the tribal or otherwise issues here...and anyway seizures happen of frozen products all over the country.

Eg: Lagoshttp://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189733-%E2%80%8Bnigeria-customs-destroys-1583-cartons-of-frozen-chicken.html

But if you want to defend people selling adulterated chicken in the name of tribal solidarity...fine. Go ahead. It is poor Nigerians that will reap the problems of ill health etc.

1 Like

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by misano(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
DrObum:
IDP never chop,una dey destroy poultry products!

Y una dey display una ignorance everywhere. Dey are destroying D meats because dey are harmful. But here U are suggesting dey should send it to D IDPs. Nigerian should stop going to school for certificate rather go to school to gain knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by FUSS: 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
Adaowerri111:
My dear owerri is always in the news for wrong reasons

Your Owerri is not the only state in the news for the wrong reasons unless you have not been following events in this country.

However, to the issue , this meats could have been auctioned. so feed the people at a cheap rate and at the same time raise money for the government instead of burying the whole thing. It all seemed like a waste to me.

1 Like

Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
GavelSlam:

They are poisonous.
There was no test carried on them to prove such and let me test your reasoning
If you was going to ship in frozen chicken, which is cheaper
Chicken just frozen? or chicken + poison
DO not forget the poison adds cost.
Re: Customs Destroys 4118 Cartons Of Frozen Poultry In Owerri (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Chai, see food shocked

Check my signature on how to earn additional income as a Bulk SMS Reseller

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Year Old Girl Kidnapped In Warri, Rescued By Police In Lafia. / Security Agencies Detain Reverend Father Timothy Ngwuta Since 2021 Without Trial / Nigerian Arrested For Forging Ghana Chief Of Staff’s Signature (PICT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.