Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful (3606 Views)

3 Major Reasons Atiku Case Was Thrown Out Of Tribunal / Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany / Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2017
1) They are not diplomatic. Diplomacy doesn't work in Nigeria and they learnt that lesson from the experiences of MASSOB that tried diplomacy so many years and failed.

2) They don't spend too much time online arguing.They are actually engaged with people and communities on the grassroots level. That's why the movement keeps growing regardless of how many anti-Biafra propaganda is online.

3) They are willing to lay down their lives for their beliefs.

4) They have been cultivating strong international and diaspora support.

5) They present strong arguments to their convictions and engage in intellectual debates.

6) The massive failure of Nigeria in all aspect of its existence including but not limited to its political and economic sphere.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by simplyhonest(m): 7:48am On Jun 22, 2017
Pls list the successes of IPOB

3 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Agumbankembu: 7:52am On Jun 22, 2017
simplyhonest:

If you know where we started from, you won't ask this.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2017
simplyhonest:

The sit at home protest which was basically a defacto referendum across the SE and SS.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 7:57am On Jun 22, 2017
The only reason ipob is growing are simple

Igbo's hate to lose ...after seeing their candidate lose the 2015 election most became frustrated and never wanted to be under buhari even if it means breaking Nigeria

Igbos love hope without caring about the possibility of what u promised them ..that's y u see most of my people sheepishly over religious ...believing it will lead to a better place

Nnamdi KANU tell them what they want to hear ( Igbo's are been marginalized, they don't want us to rule ,we are hated ,if we are on our own we will progress more ) even tho there is no single fact to prove this ...non at all

Igbo's are too emotional and ipob work on the emotions of Igbo's and that makes them aggressive and insensitive to logical argument ..that's not in line with what KANU says

My people are actually very smart ..and that's the way to get across this ...if u can get KANU to a debate ...a 2 hours debate ...that will expose all his lies and exgerated truth and one sided story then Igbo's will begin to have a rethink of his sayings ...now they see him as perfect and almost worship him ...just show his imperfections and leave the rest

4 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by simplyhonest(m): 8:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Agumbankembu:

If you know where we started from, you won't ask this.
please educate me... that I why I asked the question

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by simplyhonest(m): 8:10am On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:

The sit at home protest which was basically a defacto referendum across the SE and SS.
OK bro.... is that all?... I assumed IPOB has more lofty intentions, ambitions and achievements than protests.... because you and I know that protests hasn't effect any change in this country. still, kudos since that is an achievement
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Victornezzar: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2017
Thank God u didn't generalise
cos not everybody is in support of dis
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by kolafolabi(m): 8:14am On Jun 22, 2017
Ipob should remember what civil war caused them. It must not repeat itself.

Say no to war.

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2017
simplyhonest:

OK bro.... is that all?... I assumed IPOB has more lofty intentions, ambitions and achievements than protests.... because you and I know that protests hasn't effect any change in this country. still, kudos since that is an achievement

Wake up and smell the coffee. Politicians are all panicking at the rise of IPOB. They even decided to bring back the national conference report that this administration threw away at the beginning to the floor of the senate for debate. It's all because of fear of IPOB.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 8:21am On Jun 22, 2017
kolafolabi:

Say no to war.

They are not asking for war. They are asking for a referendum through peaceful protests. They don't carry weapons. They only sing, chant and pray while waving the Biafran flag.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by simplyhonest(m): 8:23am On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:

Wake up and smell the coffee. Politicians are all panicking at the rise of IPOB. They even decided to bring back the national conference report that this administration threw away at the beginning to the floor of the senate for debate. It's all because of fear of IPOB.
bro... am fully awake... I only asked to be educated on the success(es)...and you mentioned ONE.
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
simplyhonest:

bro... am fully awake... I only asked to be educated on the success(es)...and you mentioned ONE.

Other successes
1) Israeli prime minister and pope Francis including Biafra in their major speeches.

2) organizing Nnamdi Kanu bailout money which so many people laughed that he cannot come up with it.

3) IPOB getting a recognition in the UN as an observer

4) Running and maintaining radio Biafra that Nigeria authorities after wasting millions of naira to jam it finally gave up.

5) finally putting Biafra on the map of international news

6) Amnesty international actively investigating Nigerian authorities and written a damning report of their extrajudicial killings of IPOB members. This made US refuse to sell weapons to Nigeria.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by simplyhonest(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:

Other successes
1) Israeli prime minister and pope Francis including Biafra in their major speeches.

2) organizing Nnamdi Kanu bailout money which so many people laughed that he cannot come up with it.

3) IPOB getting a recognition in the UN as an observer

4) Running and maintaining radio Biafra that Nigeria authorities after wasting millions of naira to jam it finally gave up.

5) finally putting Biafra on the map of international news

6) Amnesty international actively investigating Nigerian authorities and written a damning report of their extrajudicial killings of IPOB members. This made US refuse to sell weapons to Nigeria.
thanks... they are steps in the right direction... once again, congratulations

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Agumbankembu: 8:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Be that as it may, our final target is restore Biafra, possibly thru referendum.
All our goals will be realized.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Be that as it may, our final target is restore Biafra, possibly thru referendum.
All our goals will be realized.

On a side note, one dude called me a tout on Twitter and called us uneducated because I tweeted about Biafra and IPOB, going to his timeline, saw where he said he needed a job, has BSc in Business Mgt.
I offered him job, as a supervisor in my Abuja liasion office, offered him my apartment cos I don't live there.
Yes we are a gathering of touts, in God's eyes, all men are equal, and that is my belief.
But we must do good to all.

Biafrans in general have good heart and never wish evil on their fellow men. That's the spirit of live and let live principle enshrined in our traditional cultures. Igbos had no empire for this reason or conquered their smaller neighbors.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ScotsReferendum: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:
1) They are not diplomatic. Diplomacy doesn't work in Nigeria and they learnt that lesson from the experiences of MASSOB that tried diplomacy so many years and failed.

2) They don't spend too much time online arguing.They are actually engaged with people and communities on the grassroots level. That's why the movement keeps growing regardless of how many anti-Biafra propaganda is online.

5) They present strong arguments to their convictions and engage in intellectual debates.

6) The massive failure of Nigeria in all aspect of its existence including but not limited to its political and economic sphere.

Their greatest secrets are

1) Prayer

2) Sacrifice

The foundation of the new nation is being built on the prayers and blood of the Biafrans.

Other things you mentioned are mostly end products of these 2

IPOB prays more than Mountain of Fire and Miracles/ Christ Apostolic Church

IPOB have stood for their belief like early Christian missionaries eg Apostle Paul

This has stirred up God to release His Spirit of liberation to make way for the establishment of the new nation even if it means killing people like Buhari who stands on her way like Pharaoh.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 9:00am On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Their greatest secrets are

1) Prayer

2) Sacrifice

The foundation of the new nation is being built on the prayers and blood of the Biafrans.

Other things you mentioned are mostly end products of these 2

IPOB prays more than Mountain of Fire and Miracles/ Christ Apostolic Church

IPOB have stood for their belief like early Christian missionaries

I have never seen any Igbo leader or pastor that prays as much as Nnamdi kanu. That man fear no man but GOD. He doesn't joke with his faith in chukwu okike abiama which mean God the creator who has come.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ScotsReferendum: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2017
simplyhonest:

International recognition

You can't touch Biafrans without receiving international floggings.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Michael004: 9:04am On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:

Stop it. No sit at home in south South. stop lying abeg. I went to work on that day in portharcourt oga.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ScotsReferendum: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:

I have never seen any Igbo leader or pastor that prays as much as Nnamdi kanu. That man fear no man but GOD. He doesn't joke with his faith in chukwu okike abiama which mean God the creator who has come.

No pastor born of a woman in Nigeria prays more than Nnamdi Kanu

That guy has won the spiritual battle that is why the North is tired

Watch out and take note

From October 1st, the Northerners will experience such great calamities like the Egyptians that they will organize a peaceful protest that Igbos should go. This protest will occur several weeks/months after 0ctober 1st

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by Freemancipation: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Michael004:
Stop it. No sit at home in south South. stop lying abeg. I went to work on that day in portharcourt oga.

So because you and some people went to work that day means that others didn't comply to the sit at home?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ScotsReferendum: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Michael004:

We respected you guys by avoiding your thread

Afonja like you should respect us by avoiding this thread

Must you poke nose

Besides is SS a tribe

Afonja, mention your tribe

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by simplyhonest(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

International recognition

You can't touch Biafrans without receiving international floggings.
someone has mentioned that... and I am in support.... besides I don't intend to touch a biafran... don't take it personal

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by ScotsReferendum: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2017
Biafra must start developing a blueprint for a new educational/infrastructural/constitutional systems that will transform Biafra into a first world nation in few years.

As we implement True Federalism amongst our ethnic nations, we must implement this blueprint also.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by tushinebaba: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2017
simplyhonest:
Please list the success of Nigeria. Ordinary Nations cup, we can no longer qualify not to talk of world cup. Nigeria has failed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by AroOkigbo(m): 11:09am On Jun 22, 2017
kolafolabi:

Say no to war.
When I read comments like dis, I shake my head in disbelieve. Our standard of education has gone really low.
What is the relationship between asking for self determination and war?
Self determination is a right under the UN charter!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by cjrane: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2017
Freemancipation:

Treating Igbo as second class citizens in a country they fought for its independence is the reason why Igbo must leave Nigeria. It has nothing to do with IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu.

Those that have conspired to marginalize Igbos using the centralized command system of Federal Government of Nigeria know this is the issue, but they are pretending about it and deceiving themselves calling it IPOB or Kanu. Concentrating on the symptom or reaction of the people to not just calling them 5% but treating them as 0.5% is another level of deceit. I personally support Kanu because he has no qualms to speak truth to power, unlike Ohaneze old men.

I am glad those people pretending they don't know why Igbos would want to leave a slave-like situation in Nigeria to continue with the deceit because by the time they agree to do something about the structure of Nigeria, more people would have been convinced it is too late to be in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by macluvph1(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Trash from mrvitalis
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by macluvph1(m): 11:42am On Jun 22, 2017
mrvitalis:
The only reason ipob is growing are simple

Igbo's hate to lose ...after seeing their candidate lose the 2015 election most became frustrated and never wanted to be under buhari even if it means breaking Nigeria

Igbos love hope without caring about the possibility of what u promised them ..that's y u see most of my people sheepishly over religious ...believing it will lead to a better place

Nnamdi KANU tell them what they want to hear ( Igbo's are been marginalized, they don't want us to rule ,we are hated ,if we are on our own we will progress more ) even tho there is no single fact to prove this ...non at all

Igbo's are too emotional and ipob work on the emotions of Igbo's and that makes them aggressive and insensitive to logical argument ..that's not in line with what KANU says

My people are actually very smart ..and that's the way to get across this ...if u can get KANU to a debate ...a 2 hours debate ...that will expose all his lies and exgerated truth and one sided story then Igbo's will begin to have a rethink of his sayings ...now they see him as perfect and almost worship him ...just show his imperfections and leave the rest

Anytime you comment the non ibo in you spring up. anyway i trust Nnamdi Kanu, bring your best brains and come out with Nnamdi kanu in your national television for an open debate lets actually see who will run.

If you are not scared throw an open debate and watch out and see the end result.
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by mrvitalis(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2017
[quote author=macluvph1 post=57746758][/quote]
Lol are u OK ..I once called the fool in 2015 ...all I got was insults ...I asked a simple question ..

What country has gained freedom with this method

Why not form a political party and context election to push for the demands
Re: Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful by macluvph1(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

Lol are u OK ..I once called the fool in 2015 ...all I got was insults ...I asked a simple question ..

What country has gained freedom with this method

Why not form a political party and context election to push for the demands

That is your mentality, form a political party in Nigeria so that you people will mess him up with chronic urchin election fraudsters personnels you call INEC(independent national electoral commission) sorry(Dependent national electoral commission).

No be today we begin see your porous entity Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our Presidential Candidate Still In The Race, Says Labour Party / 2023: North Preparing Ground For Violent Takeover. / How Four Nigerian Youths Hijacked Plane Conveying China’s Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.