Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,140 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 (28227 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Begins Dino Melaye’s Recall Process / INEC Pastes Notice Of Melaye’s Recall Process / Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by MARKone(m): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
This is "strange" in our polity, lets see how he wriggles his way out of this.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by ipobbigot7: 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
His Igbo defenders should go and stop the INEC and the recall process.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by AkupeMBANO(m): 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
recall fire! dino that will go to court? before the matter gets to supreme even Buhari would have joined PDP

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by zombieHUNTER: 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Its not possible
Not in this country
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by madjune(m): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Like joke like joke, Dino will release that his hit track from prison.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by emandman: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
8 INEC conducts a referendum within 90 days of receipt of the petition if the minimum requirements for a referendum are met. The referendum will be a simple yes or no vote on whether the Senator should be recalled, and will be decided by simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that Senator’s constituency
Na dis number 8 weak me oooo...

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by bcashy: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
izospindle:
dino my guy nothing the mega..

No be like dis you deceive uncle Jonah grin

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by greggng: 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
tesppidd:
Well this is getting quite interesting. Could someone pls enlighten me, what is the complete process of recall of a legislator? If all the signatures are verified correct what happens next? Pls someone tell me.

The truth is that Dino is going nowhere. The verification of the signatures will reveal a lot of fraud. So it cannot stand

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by lastmessenger: 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
freshmimi:

Anybody in the house who wishes to further his/her education abroad

Undergraduate, postgraduate, masters, e.t.c in any course

at $4000 only for any programme should kindly pm me for details.

Thanks in advance.

This is real!

which country?
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by azimibraun: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
3 times Senators in Nigeria attempt were made to recall Senators and they all failled. Infact one made it to a referendum and it failed. It is not possible to recall a Senator in Nigeria even if the senator is hated by all his colleagues when it gets to his recall, they will unite and squash. How can the Nigeria Senate just lay back and watch a novice first time 40+ year old governors plot, execute and recall a senator? That means every other governor will want to recall one senator or the other. The Senate anywhere in this world is powerful and doesn't accept itself to be ridiculed by the executive. Let's watch and see. At least we all saw the Esprit De corps they demonstrated at the CCT when Saraki was on trial. They will troop out for Dino at the right time. It's too early for the big masquerades to come out. Bello is the one in trouble as I see it. Messing with the senate and even asking them to eliminate those without home training in their midst. What an insult. He will pay darely for that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by ebby9z(m): 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
auntysimbiat:
NOTHING DO YOU. YOU RIGHT NOW !!
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZ7srxTXC0

cheesy cheesy cheesy I swear this Dino na mad man. And I like his craze sha, it's just a pity he won't be in a very funny mood right now

4 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by imarrpopson: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Iamzik: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ajekun Iya senator!

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by zidek(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
the people have spoken!

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by azimibraun: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
greggng:

The truth is that Dino is going nowhere. The verification of the signatures will reveal a lot of fraud. So it cannot stand
Most Nigerians and even those people paid to sign would think Dino is gone after signing and submitting to INEC. They don't know there is verification and referendum afterwards. Am not sure Gov Bello, Sen. Smart and Mr Edward Onoja knows the full process.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Kay25(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Its just a joke and waste of money cos the process is cumbersome after verification,the court will play its role and even the upper chamber will also and you understand that the senate will always surround themselves and shield their own...
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by slimbj: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
This man is sick mehn!!!
auntysimbiat:
NOTHING DO YOU. YOU RIGHT NOW !!
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZ7srxTXC0

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by azimibraun: 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
Kay25:
Its just a joke and waste of money cos the process is cumbersome after verification,the court will play its role and even the upper chamber will also and you understand that the senate will always surround themselves and shield their own...
Bros dey don't know. Referendum still dey one corner dey wait. They think recalling a Senator is a Joke. Dino was named amongst his colleagues as Senator of the Year, we all know and see how close he is with the Senate President and Leadership. You think they will expose themselves to the Governors to take advantage of just like that? Dino is goin nowhere. Dino will only come out stronger.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Englishgold: 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
Entertainment every where.Watch out OBO Vs STARBOY.....BELLO Vs DINO. Coming soon.Grab your copy now!!!

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Saraki fit sacrifice this guy for CCB freedom, I they suspect am

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by greggng: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
It haff begun. In case you are not yet up to date, here are the 10 steps involved in recalling a senator:

As it is, steps 1 - 4 has been achieved. The verification involved in steps 5 and 6 are near formality, I am sure that INEC will do that one with ease.
So the major step remaining is step 8 which is just like an election; but in this case, it will be a vote to recall and majority will win. I think the hard part has been achieved. The next step should be easier.

It will be interesting to see how Dino scales thru this one. Will he:

A. Go to court to stop the process or wait to see the end?
B. Lobby to have more voters on the day of actual referendum (this is the riskiest step)

His only move will be to go to court and try to frustrate the process. From the lower courts to appeal and to supreme while a court injuction is given to hurt the process until the final judgement.

It just 22 months till the end of his tenure, I guess he would go to court.

But then, this is interesting for our democracy.

Ii don't think he will go to court cos I doubt if all those tthat signed that re all registered and verified voters. Let's wait and see. Some will go and park area boys to come and sign not knowing inec will verify names to see it tally with that in their record. Except inec is gonna compromise but I doubt that cos it was same inec that accused yaya bello the innitiator of this jamboree of having double registeration
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by ihatesycophant(m): 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
It haff begun. In case you are not yet up to date, here are the 10 steps involved in recalling a senator:

As it is, steps 1 - 4 has been achieved. The verification involved in steps 5 and 6 are near formality, I am sure that INEC will do that one with ease.
So the major step remaining is step 8 which is just like an election; but in this case, it will be a vote to recall and majority will win. I think the hard part has been achieved. The next step should be easier.

B. Lobby to have more voters on the day of actual referendum (this is the riskiest step)

His only move will be to go to court and try to frustrate the process. From the lower courts to appeal and to supreme while a court injuction is given to hurt the process until the final judgement.

Mr. Man, your emotion has override you. 5 and 6 is the hardest. Verification of signatures. If less than 100,000 could only come out to vote during 2015 election when zeal was high to vote for Buhari then, where do they get the bogus 188580 signatures? Definitely there is manipulation somewhere and it would be confirmed during verification. Both parties would be there for verification and not bojuboju. Is it KOGI West that workers and students are hungry and angry with the state government that would come out to sign their names? I can tell you that after verification, the petition would be thrown out.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by azimibraun: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Englishgold:
Entertainment every where.Watch out OBO Vs STARBOY.....BELLO Vs DINO. Coming soon.Grab your copy now!!!
Shehu Sani Vs El Rufai, Ameachi and Wike Reloaded.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by ziryboy(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
simpul:
Its becoming a reality gradually and Dino will be there still laughing until it will hit him like a tsunami.
don't say what you don't have knowledge about. The whole exercise is a failure, imagine about 111,000 total vote between Dino and Smart Adeyemi during the senatorial election and the recall gather about 188,000 signature. Some of the signatory are late already, I don't know how the kogi state government is going to play with Inec to succeed on verification of the whole signatory.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Oxalic(m): 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
If the signatures are really those of the registered voters in his constituency, he will not survive. It seems a decision has been reached to sacrifice Dino before Saraki was freed. My instinct though.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Lordxeer(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

are you a carpenter?

coz you nailed it!!!

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by azimibraun: 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
ihatesycophant:
Mr. Man, your emotion has override you. 5 and 6 is the hardest. Verification of signatures. If less than 100,000 could only come out to vote during 2015 election when zeal was high to vote for Buhari then, where do they get the bogus 188580 signatures? Definitely there is manipulation somewhere and it would be confirmed during verification. Both parties would be there for verification and not bojuboju. Is it KOGI West that workers and students are hungry and angry with the state government that would come out to sign their names? I can tell you that after verification, the petition would be thrown out.
A little over 80,000 voted. Dino scored 41,000+ votes while Smart polled 39,000+ that's the number that voted in the election just a tiny number of cancelled votes. Not up to 1000. So where suddenly did 188580 folks emerged from when we didn't see them in the election? Oh! It's good to stay away when election was on then very okay to appear when it's recall?

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by misano(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
tesppidd:
Well this is getting quite interesting. Could someone pls enlighten me, what is the complete process of recall of a legislator? If all the signatures are verified correct what happens next? Pls someone tell me.

Section 69 of the 1999 Constitution provides 10 clear but tortuous steps on how a senator can be recalled from the Senate.

The steps are:
More than half of the registered voters in the Senator’s senatorial district write, sign and send a petition to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC alleging their loss of confidence in the senatorial
The petition must be signed, and arranged according to polling units, wards, Local Government Areas, and constituency.
INEC notifies the Senator sought to be recalled, stating that it has received a petition for his or her recall, if the petition is valid
INEC issues a public notice or announcement stating the date, time and location of the verification of signatures to the petition
INEC verifies the signatures to the petition at the designation. The signatories must be individuals who appear on the voters’ register.
INEC conducts a referendum if more than one half (50% + 1) of the signatories are verified
INEC writes to the petitioners stating that the minimum requirements for a referendum were not met, if the number verified is less than one half of the registered voters in that constituency. The petition will therefore be dismissed.
INEC conducts a referendum within 90 days of receipt of the petition if the minimum requirements for a referendum are met. The referendum will be a simple yes or no vote on whether the Senator should be recalled, and will be decided by simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that Senator’s constituency.
If majority of the voters in the constituency vote ‘yes’ the Chairman of the INEC will send a Certificate of Recall to the Senate President to effect the recall.
The Senate President will show affected senator the way out of the Senate.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by cooljude(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
stevebond007:
This is a victory for Nigerian Politics
Viva Le Nigeria!!!

Without choosing sides, this is part of the politics of Nigeria. Do you think ordinary citizens would have the time and resource to sponsor such a bill. This is a war between him and the governor and I am sure that both would not continue in their capacities after the general election of 2019.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by senatordave1(m): 10:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
greggng:

was there no fraud during the election that brought him? hes going jor

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by senatordave1(m): 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
azimibraun:
3 times Senators in Nigeria attempt were made to recall Senators and they all failled. Infact one made it to a referendum and it failed. It is not possible to recall a Senator in Nigeria even if the senator is hated by all his colleagues when it gets to his recall, they will unite and squash. How can the Nigeria Senate just lay back and watch a novice first time 40+ year old governors plot, execute and recall a senator? That means every other governor will want to recall one senator or the other. The Senate anywhere in this world is powerful and doesn't accept itself to be ridiculed by the executive. Let's watch and see. At least we all saw the Esprit De corps they demonstrated at the CCT when Saraki was on trial. They will troop out for Dino at the right time. It's too early for the big masquerades to come out. Bello is the one in trouble as I see it. Messing with the senate and even asking them to eliminate those without home training in their midst. What an insult. He will pay darely for that.
why are yu defending a soiled man? saraki's case was different.many senators dont like dino and they have no part to play here.a senator ant defeat a governor in a political battle.the senate has little or no role to play except saraki towards the end in a formality role.you speak so bitterly against bello.God is using him to dethrone your paymaster dino

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by oshomo200: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
freshmimi:

Anybody in the house who wishes to further his/her education abroad

Undergraduate, postgraduate, masters, e.t.c in any course

at $4000 only for any programme should kindly pm me for details.

Thanks in advance.

This is real!
pls am interested oshomofort@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme's Corpse Arrives Abuja (Photos) / Right Of Reply To Pendulum Open Letter To The Vp By Laolu Akande / Senators Express Shock As Petroleum Ministry Spends N₦16m On Pens, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.