Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves (2323 Views)

Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by vaxx: 9:10pm On May 26, 2018
paxonel:
there is nothing like rapture mr man.
Real christians dont believe in that ,only primitive african christians do
What do you mean by primitive Africans Christian. Believing in rapture itself is a modern believe. Just some 100 years old... So nothing primitive about it. If you do not believe it , it means you are a primitive Christian who still holds on to the core Christian tradition believe.

Mind you i am not a christain. I just challenge your error

1 Like

Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by paxonel(m): 10:06pm On May 26, 2018
vaxx:
What do you mean by primitive Africans Christian. Believing in rapture itself is a modern believe. Just some 100 years old... So nothing primitive about it. If you do not believe it , it means you are a primitive Christian who still holds on to the core Christian tradition believe.

let a christian speak grin

You that is not a christian what do you know in the bible?

You better face your religion o
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by vaxx: 10:11pm On May 26, 2018
paxonel:
let a christian speak grin

You that is not a christian what do you know in the bible?

You better face your religion o
that is a big mistake on you. Is like what those ronaldo knows about Liverpool since he is not a liverpoolian. Aren't they the same football club.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by paxonel(m): 4:27am On May 27, 2018
vaxx:
that is a big mistake on you. Is like what those ronaldo knows about Liverpool since he is not a liverpoolian. Aren't they the same football club.
it does not follow like that!
You have to be in the same technical department with a colleage who is trying to explain to you some technical faults in machines operated by your company for you as a casheer to understand what he is saying .

Finance department and technical department are not the same.

And a medical student may not understand some technical terms law students are used to, unless he start practicing law himself .

Technically, the word rapture do not appear in the bible, christians are reading somėthing else in the bible and they misunderstood them to be rapture because the developers of the rapture doctrine did the same mistäke teaching people to do the same.

the doctrine was developed some cenuries ago by some primitive christiáns and it is still widely accepted till now does not mean that the doctrine is true.

You are not a christian forget it.
Only christians who read their bible will understand grin
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by vaxx: 9:40am On May 27, 2018
paxonel:
it does not follow like that!
You have to be in the same technical department with a colleage who is trying to explain to you some technical faults in machines operated by your company for you as a casheer to understand what he is saying .

Finance department and technical department are not the same.

And a medical student may not understand some technical terms law students are used to, unless he start practicing law himself .

Technically, the word rapture do not appear in the bible, christians are reading somėthing else in the bible and they misunderstood them to be rapture because the developers of the rapture doctrine did the same mistäke teaching people to do the same.

the doctrine was developed some cenuries ago by some primitive christiáns and it is still widely accepted till now does not mean that the doctrine is true.

You are not a christian forget it.
Only christians who read their bible will understand grin
No, you are wrong. You are just using illogical argument here.

Who told you a first bank staff can not perform adequately well with zenith bank.must he or she work with zenith bank to understand the technical know how of the bank?

The process and procedure to run an effective bank is the same all over or wherever.Banks accept deposits from customers, raise capital from investors or lenders, and then use that money to make loans, buy securities and provide other financial services to customers. Any work apart from this is just an innovation....... Therefore a nigeria banker can adequately work well in Germany. Despite the technology involved. All he or she need is training to understand the operations. He already understand the technicality that goes with the practice.

Secular Banking practice procedure are the same all over the world. what differs is the mode of operating which is not a big deal for external employee.

Medical and law practitioners are not in the same field but footballer of different clubs are in the same profession. As I argue before that you can not sideline Ronaldo of real Madrid from giving a vital information about Liverpool.

Let me enlightened you about rapture. My text is taken from Wikipedia. In case you need further reading.

The theological notion of a "rapture" was invented 170 years ago. In 1830, in Port Glasgow, Scotland, fifteen year old Margaret MacDonald had a vision concerning the return of Christ. Her vision was adopted by John Nelson Darby a British minister and founder of a denomination called the "Plymouth Brethern." In 1909, an American, C. I. Scofield, pubished an annotated version of the "King James" translation of the Bible called the "Scofield Reference Bible." Therefore if you do not believed in rapture you are a primitive Christian because the idea is some centuries years old and not the core traditional Christian believe.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by geoworldedu: 9:59am On May 27, 2018
paxonel:
Real christians dont believe in that ,only primitive african christians do
So u mean Paul the apostle wasn't expecting rapture?
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by paxonel(m): 10:16am On May 27, 2018
vaxx:

Medical and law practitioners are not in the same field
the same thing applies! Your whatever religion and christianity are not in the same field so i dont need to discuss bible with you because it will never make sense to you.
Even christians are confused when it comes to bible how much morè non christian like you.

but footballer of different clubs are in the same profession.
if your religion and christianity were of the same profession(meaning, your religion is christianity) then we can talk from there.

Let me enlightened you about rapture. My text is taken from Wikipedia. In case you need further reading.

The theological notion of a "rapture" was invented 170 years ago. In 1830, in Port Glasgow, Scotland, fifteen year old Margaret MacDonald had a vision concerning the return of Christ. Her vision was adopted by John Nelson Darby a British minister and founder of a denomination called the "Plymouth Brethern." In 1909, an American, C. I. Scofield, pubished an annotated version of the "King James" translation of the Bible called the "Scofield Reference Bible." Therefore if you do not believed in rapture you are a primitive Christian because the idea is some centuries years old and not the core traditional Christian believe.
good for you.
We make reference to bible to get our doctrines not wikipedia.
Therefore it is a primitive act to indoctrinate a person of another religion different from yours by not using his own holy book but your own(wikipedia) .

By the way, guess how your wikipedia defined rapture?

Google it.

Rapture definition from wikipedia
The rapture is an eschatological term used by certain Christians(perhaps primitive christians, not all) particularly within branches of American evangelicalism, referring to PURPORTED end time event...

Mark the word PURPORTED
Purported means it is said to be true or real but definitely not true or real.

1 Like

Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by paxonel(m): 10:19am On May 27, 2018
geoworldedu:
So u mean Paul the apostle wasn't expecting rapture?
no!
He was expecting resurrection, not rapture.
Rapture is not mentioned anywhere in the bible, but rather, what is there is resurrection of the dead
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by vaxx: 10:45am On May 27, 2018
paxonel:
the same thing applies! Your whatever religion and christianity are not in the same field so i dont need to discuss bible with you because it will never make sense to you.
Even christians are confused when it comes to bible how much morè non christian like you.
if your religion and christianity were of the same profession(meaning, your religion is christianity) then we can talk from there.
good for you.
We make reference to bible to get our doctrines not wikipedia.
Therefore it is a primitive act to indoctrinate a person of another religion different from yours by not using his own holy book but your own(wikipedia) .

By the way, guess how your wikipedia defined rapture?

Google it.

Rapture definition from wikipedia
The rapture is an eschatological term used by certain Christians, particularly within branches of American evangelicalism, referring to PURPORTED end time event...

Mark the word PURPORTED
Purported means it is said to be true or real but definitely not true or real.

what are you saying?. Who is debating biblical theology with you. You do not even understand the premise of your argument. You said "" African that believe in rapture are primitive" in which i correct your assumptions. That you must be joking. That the concept rapture is mordarn and it is primitive Christian that reject it. I care less about rapture....

It seems you stop using using your illogical comparizm and you are now speaking straightforward . you could not even separate profession from doctrine. Christianity' is like every other religions what make it differ is operation ( we call it doctrine in religious terms)and not profession..

Who is indocrinating who. I am only interested in correcting your erreneous claim that beliving in rapture is primitive.... Or do you not understand the vocalb you are using? Do a good google search on it. And futhermore, wikipedia on this topic is an open source of information which is consider less bias and contain lot of refrences which is combination of both biblical verses and all sort of relevant information. Therefore it is not limited in scope unlike the bible. So it make more sense and enlighten to introduce you to a website that is much more open rather than close..

As I said earlier, I am less concern if rapture is true or not according to biblical theology. I only debunk your erroneous claim that it is primitive Christian believe . in fact if you do no believe it . you are a primitive Christian.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by Nobody: 10:45am On May 27, 2018
geoworldedu:
IF there is anything I'm expecting very fast and urgently, it is the rapture of the Christians. They should go abeg so dat they can leave the rest of us to rock the world with the antichrists.

Even now come lord quickly... Revelation 22:20

The time of the rapture is now. I think of that day, dat 1daful day that will usher in the antichrists grin
I will personally scare the christians who will not make the rapture. They will run to mountains and rock that the mountains and rock should fall on them grin

I will collect the mark of 666 and use it to scare the christians who missed the rapture grin

It would be fun that period. Atheists and thinkers, what will you do after the rapture of the sheeple and saints?
Una go burn for hell fire angry grin grin grin grin
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by MuttleyLaff: 10:46am On May 27, 2018
paxonel:
Real christians dont believe in that, only primitive african christians do

vaxx:
What do you mean by primitive Africans Christian.
Believing in rapture itself is a modern believe. Just some 100 years old...
Modern belief with a primitive slant

vaxx:
So nothing primitive about it.
Its primitive because the belief is oblique

vaxx:
If you do not believe it, it means you are a primitive Christian who still holds on to the core Christian tradition believe.
No. If you do not believe it, it means you're holding on to the core traditional and original early belief(s)

vaxx:
You challenged a phantom error

I know you not being a christian, yet still, out of curiosity, share ALL your understanding of what rapture is?
Give illustration or examples of how and when rapture occurs
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by vaxx: 10:51am On May 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Modern belief with a primitive slant

Its primitive because the belief is oblique

It means holding on to the core traditional and original early belief(s)

You challenged a phantom error

I know you not being a christian, yet still, out of curiosity, share ALL your understanding of what rapture is?
Give illustration or examples of how and when rapture occurs
I am not defending rapture here, I am only challenging the claim that it is christain primitive believe.. I care less about rapture......in fact if you do not believed in rapture, you are liking to a primitive Christian.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by MuttleyLaff: 10:55am On May 27, 2018
vaxx:
I am not defending rapture here, I am only challenging the claim that it is primitive believe.....
I care less about rapture.
It is primitive vaxx
It is unrefined thinking and belief
This is why I asked, out of curiosity, share ALL your understanding of what rapture is
and to give illustrations or examples of how and when rapture occurs
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by vaxx: 11:06am On May 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It is primitive vaxx
It is unrefined thinking and belief
This is why I asked, out of curiosity, share ALL your understanding of what rapture is
and to give illustrations or examples of how and when rapture occurs
I care less about the biblical theology or thought that was derived to arrived at the concept. My main defence here is challenging the statement that it is primitive belief. Which is not true.

According to an online dictionary, "" adjective"" primitive means 1 relating to, denoting, or preserving the character of an early stage in the evolutionary or historical development of something.

2 very basic or unsophisticated in terms of comfort, convenience, or efficiency.
not developed or derived from anything else.
(of a part or structure) in the first or early stage of formation or growth; rudimentary.

I will like to know how it is correct to qualify any body who hold unto rapture believe with such an adjective. In fact in a logical sense. It is very proper to call the Christian who do not subscribe to this concept primitive.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by MuttleyLaff: 11:23am On May 27, 2018
vaxx:
I care less about the biblical theology or thought that was derived to arrived at the concept.
My main defence here is challenging the statement that it is primitive belief. Which is not true.
It is primitive because the concept and its development is unsophisticated

vaxx:
According to an online dictionary, "" adjective"" primitive means 1 relating to, denoting, or preserving the character of an early stage in the evolutionary or historical development of something.

2 very basic or unsophisticated in terms of comfort, convenience, or efficiency.
not developed or derived from anything else.
(of a part or structure) in the first or early stage of formation or growth; rudimentary.

I will like to know how it is correct to qualify any body who hold unto rapture believe with such an adjective.
In fact in a logical sense.
It is very proper to call the Christian who do not subscribe to this concept primitive.
Those who dont are original and knowledgeable enough to recognise that the rapture concept is an oddity
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by vaxx: 11:33am On May 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It is primitive because the concept and its development is unsophisticated

Those who dont are original and knowledgeable enough to recognise that the rapture concept is an oddity
you are.wrong..Unsophisticated does not make it primitive.in technicality it is much modern. About 170 years ..

I care less about is originality.., I am only attacking the choice of words used to described those who hold on to the belief.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by MuttleyLaff: 12:34pm On May 27, 2018
vaxx:
you are wrong..Unsophisticated does not make it primitive.
in technicality it is much modern.
About 170 years ..

I care less about is originality.., I am only attacking the choice of words used to described those who hold on to the belief.
"15According to the Lord’s word,
we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command,
with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
And so we will be with the Lord forever.
18Therefore encourage one another with these words.
"
- 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

Modern belief but with a primitive slant (i.e. unsophiscated or unrefined thinking)
resulting from not having a good and proper understanding of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

Vaxx, recommending or supporting tithing reloaded, publicly or not, is much modern, yet it is primitive
20th century "speaking in tongues" as we generally see & know being done is much modern, yet it is primitive
The concept of rapture albeit much modern, has a primitive thinking and/or or out of this world slant to it

I am not going to fall out with on the "about 170 years"
I care less about the timeline history
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by geoworldedu: 6:55am On May 30, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Una go burn for hell fire angry grin grin grin grin
Pls write HELL in block letters. Hell, sweet Hell!
If you miss HELL you'll cry!!!
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by geoworldedu: 6:01am On Jul 01, 2018
Jesus come now and rapture your saints home and reduce overpopulation in PortHarcourt here.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by geoworldedu: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
Rapture pls come
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by geoworldedu: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Rapture come o. Come and take the Christians home o.
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by geoworldedu: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2018
When will rapture come mbok?
Re: We Desire Rapture More Than The Christians Themselves by geoworldedu: 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
Rapture pls come 2day!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic: Must We Confess Sin To Priest, Cant We Talk To God Directly??? / What My Phone Did When I Told It To Prove To Me That Its Maker Exists - jesusjnr / Follow Pst Chris On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.