Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f (2757 Views)

Baheejah Mahmood: If Fulani Go On Strike For A Week, Nigerians Will Know Their / "I Gather That This Is What Cowhari's Supporters Do" - FFK Comes For Buhari / Biafra: You Have No Right To Stop Election In Igbo Land – Orji Kalu Tells Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2017
Sometimes ​folks think they are prepared to take a certain steps while in reality they are hundreds of miles away from readiness.. They were never ready to experience the truth. It isn't a hidden agenda that Most local Igbo boy's have been clamouring for secession

Nigeria's ethnic politics

With an estimated population of more than 180 million, Nigeria is often called the "giant of Africa". The complexity of Nigeria's population is compounded by its ethnic diversity. Around 250 ethnic groups, each with their own languages, reside in Nigeria. With a myriad of ethnicities dotted across the landscape, three major groups tend to emerge in national dialogue due to their sheer numbers: the Yoruba, from the southwest; the Hausa-Fulani in the north and the Igbo from the southeast.

Pro-Biafrans say the federal Nigerian government is discriminating and marginalising them, the Igbo people.

Perceptions of marginalisation

"The southeast feels it has been politically marginalised. There is a point to that. It has been shrunken from being one of the three major regions of the country to now being virtually a minority with the smallest number of states of the six zones in the federation," explains Nnamdi Obasi, a senior analyst at the International Crisis Group.

He says that there has only been one Igbo president and one Igbo vice president since Nigeria declared independence from the UK in 1960.

Pro-Biafrans also complain that the federal government is not funding enough infrastructure development in the region, despite a recent announcement by the federal Minister of Power, Works and Housing that road construction will be completed in the southeast.

The southeastern region of Nigeria has five states, while other regions have more.

"They certainly are at a disadvantaged position now," Obasi says. "The political configuration of the country ensures that less federal allocation gets to the southeast."

Nigeria's national economics is closely tied to its politics. Nigeria is a highly centralised federalism that relies on revenue from oil sales. Money trickles down from the central government and more money flows towards regions that have more state and local governments.

The 1966 killings began after a group of young army officers - some of whom were Igbo local champion -overthrew Nigeria's democratic government and assassinated several people, including the prime minister and other northern leaders.

Then the North retaliation

"They came with every dangerous thing, some with arrow, some with gun, some with cutlasses, some with iron. So anything they could handle, they handled it and began to kill Igbo people," says Lawrence Akpu, recalling the day in 1966 when he was in a market in a town in northern Nigeria where he lived with fellow Igbos. "Everybody started running up and down and from there, we left everything we had."

Akpu joined the mass exodus of Igbo people from northern Nigeria to their ancestral homeland in the southeast.

Kanu I believe didn't read the last war report and how the war started, yet he is about to step into the same trap foolish Ojokwu went and destroy the lives and properties of innocent people who are busy making ends meet... I really do not know why the Igbo's​ who are well traveled in history will continue to allow local minded and belly profits​ folks like Nnamdi Kanu and his blindfolded travellers to keep detecting for them or is the blood of the innocent Nigerians who were murdered ​by the senseless decision of Ojokwu crying for revenge.

The big question is what has the Igbo's given to the Nigeria and Nigerians as a national resources to share or is just agitating on the empty jangling and babbling.. I have never in the history of my entire life heard of north agitating for secession from Nigeria even though they have sustained Nigeria and Nigerians during the pre oils era. And the Yoruba too since they know that their national contribution when it comes to Natural resources is little have remained humble and calm. Or is the Igbo's banking on the oil in the Niger Delta to assert control of another man resources....

For what I have read and heard the Niger Delta have never demanded to be separated from Nigeria government, all they have been asking for is to have a control of their God Almighty given resources. What does Nnamdi Ojokwu generations wants from us

Instead of us allowing the matter to get to a stage where no one can handle it anymore, the Almighty God through the Arewa group took the first step which foolish Ojokwu couldn't take to prepare the minds ​of the Igbo's living outside southeast to do a heart test if they are ready to abandon their wealth and prosperity and to fall back into poverty and starvation and sicknesses and diseases as were formally forced into by Ojokwu and his local minded folks. No one and I repeat there is no one who can survive alone. During the last mistake...

Three years of war left southeastern Nigeria in ruins. Estimates of the death toll range from one million to six million. After the Nigerian federal military government - supported by the UK - imposed blockades that made it difficult for aid groups to deliver food and relief supplies to Biafra, many children died of kwashiorkor, a severe form of malnutrition characterised by a distended abdomen.

Igwe Christopher Ejiofor, aide-de-camp to Ojukwu throughout the war, remembers carrying nearly dead children as he helped to manage relief services.

"I can't count the number of people I picked [up] who were at the point of starvation and death," he says. "And every time I took them to the hospital, they died and I [would go] back the next day [with more children]." Igwe Ejiofor is the traditional ruler of his community in the southeastern state of Enugu.

I believe that the well traveled in history Igbo's know better than allowing a fully demon possess Nnamdi Kanu to ruin their lives and subject them to the same treatment Ojokwu subjected the whole of not only the southeast but even the Niger Delta and it's environmental responsibility..

Reason my dear brothers who are living outside of the world of stupid agitators who wants nothing but the honour of mortal. Ojokwu and I repeat and Nnamdi Kanu must reap everything they have sown in the Igbo land and Nigeria as people... Let me warn all of you supporting the useless cause...

For the record, Ojokwu started the war the first time and here is another spirit of Ojokwu through Nnamdi Kanu about to start the war again against the Nigeria government and the southeast.

Thank God Almighty it came to examination before the war. Can you be willing to abandon Everything you owned in the north to start a new life over in the East Ask them. I read that the Governor's have agreed that we all should stay together. That's brilliant and they should know better because people have invested their lives in different regions, what do you make of that. And if you eventually lives the other man's land, no one will refund you of any thing you previously owned, this is completely nonsense and not just measures.

Tell your foolish brothers to stop or if they are ever seriously of their agitation they should begin the exodus of Igbo from other people's land let us see if they can... Enough of the talk talking and no action....

God Almighty bless the Niger Delta greatest and reward them for their matured and coordinated approach...

Long live us all.

Blessed

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by Cityfirstborn(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2017
You have really written this epistle like a psychiatric patient

27 Likes

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by Debaddest(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2017
Trash... I can't believe I wasted all my time reading this shit!

16 Likes

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by misterawo: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2017
What a load of excrement!

8 Likes

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by EnuguDadImoMom: 8:18am On Jun 23, 2017
idiatic write up. Thrash.

4 Likes

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by YorubaMod(m): 8:37am On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=lightblazingnow post=57772162][/quote]
You're a big fool... Me am from Rivers and we don't joke with Biafra, same with Deltas and Bayelsa ...Afonja at it again, always begging for unity. .lazy assess

14 Likes

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by Buharimustgo: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Op I know for sure that u and most of the people making comments on Nairaland have never crossed the boundaries of Lagos state before,so what they don't know they still and will never know it

14 Likes

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by kingzizzy: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2017
Kanu:- "Self determination is an inalinable right". "I want freedom for me and my people". "I want a peaceful Referendum to allow my people decide their future". "We shall deploy all legal routes available such as civil disobedience, peaceful protest, election boycott and superior argument to get Biafra"

Nigerian:- "Biafra means war!". "What Lord Lugard put together, no man should put assunder". "If you try to secede, we will kill you and starve your children like we did last time"."Being named after a River by Lugards wife is the best thing to ever happen to us". "We are indivisible, Yoruba/Hausa/Igbo absolutely love each other!". "Mentioning Biafra makes you a terrorist like Shekau!". "We must all die as Nigerians!".

The mentality of the average Nigerian is laughable. Lol

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 9:51am On Jun 23, 2017
Yeah!!!!¡!¡!!!!¡!!!!!!¡!!!!!!¡!!

Truthfully​!!!! so bitter for the fool's and cursed determined to die.,...... They will perish not because they weren't warned but for death

My people are united and the kingdom which are divided shall never stand

After all do I look like a man of this world¿? I am crucified to this world and the world crucified to me, the life I have is professing the faith of the Son of God...... Where I am, there they may be, that they may see my glory which you have given me Holy father Almighty......

I am Great Topman

I am divine and my words comes from above to bear witness of the truth

And those who are of truth will hear.!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you lord God Almighty
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2017
You got love him
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by djevino(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2017
wow I can't believe it...

I just wasted my precious time reading this poo from a demented fellow..

4 Likes

Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2017
Grace
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2017
greetings
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
keep
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 4:16am On Jun 25, 2017
the Almighty
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Cityfirstborn:
You have really written this epistle like a psychiatric patient

LOL
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 4:46am On Jun 25, 2017
Grace
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 7:31am On Jun 25, 2017
You should
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
Sure thing
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by rosalieene(f): 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
cheesy
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:40am On Jun 27, 2017
rosalieene:
cheesy

How far rose?
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 4:06am On Jun 27, 2017
Busy
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by rosalieene(f): 7:37am On Jun 27, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

How far rose?
yep am good
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2017
rosalieene:
yep am good
I would love to send you a pm
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by rosalieene(f): 10:27am On Jun 27, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I would love to send you a pm
you ve sent already cheesy
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2017
rosalieene:

you ve sent already cheesy

lol... I do before I ask. cheesy

Oya reply na... It's just to ask you for something abeg.

Nothing else.
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
It's
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by lightblazingnow(m): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
Subscriptions
Re: When the time comes for total Biafra you will know and those generations won't f by rosalieene(f): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

lol... I do before I ask. cheesy
Oya reply na... It's just to ask you for something abeg.
Nothing else.
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

'you Are A Motor Park Tout' - APC Chieftain Blasts Benue Governor, Ortom / Gombe State House Of Assembly Mace Stolen / OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.