Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,726 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. (4523 Views)

So No More Biafran Referendum? / UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says / September 12, 2017 - Biafran Referendum Announcement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/22/un-vote-backing-chagos-islands-a-blow-for-uk

The UK has suffered a humiliating defeat at theUnited Nations general assembly in a vote over decolonisation and its residual hold over disputed territory in the Indian Ocean.

By a margin of 94 to 15 countries, delegates supported a Mauritian-backed resolution to seek an advisory opinion from the international court of justice (ICJ) in The Hague on the legal status of the Chagos Islands.

A further 65 countries abstained on Thursday, including many EU states who might have been expected to vote in support of another bloc member.

Among EU members who abstained were France, Germany, Spain, Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia, Greece and Finland. Canada and Switzerland also abstained.

Speaking after the vote Jagdish Koonjul, the Mauritian representative at the UN, said: “I’m elated. The results are beyond my expectations. It’s interesting that the EU didn’t support the UK. Even some of the countries that supported the UK agreed that this was an issue of decolonisation. Now we wait to see what the UK will do as a result of the vote. We have given the US full comfort of a long-term lease [for the Diego Garcia base] that would be renewable [if sovereignty passed to Mauritius].”

The resolution, though only in favour of obtaining a non-binding legal opinion, is a blow to the UK’s international prestige and demonstrates the limited diplomatic influence wielded by the British foreign secretary, Boris Johnson, at the UN.

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
Very Good news for the Biafran Agitation.

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by CutieGuy(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
IslamicRebel:

As Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) under the Supreme Command of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu (De Great) has waited on Nigeria government for too long in an expectation to announce date for Biafra referendum and coupled with the recent ultimatum of vacation of Arewa republic issued against Biafrans by Coalition of Arewa youths, IPOB should to that effect have no other option than to fix and announce to the world the date for Biafra referendum.

This my opinion is neccessary for consideration by IPOB Highest Command at this period of time because judging by the body language of Nigeria government, especially its ministry of interior which kept mute after the ultimatum was given to Biafrans residing in the North, Nigeria government has indirectly implied that Biafrans are on their own already.

By this, if Biafrans are still waiting for Nigeria government to fix and announce a date for Biafra referendum, IPOB may be wasting their time and lingering on a mirage that can never happen till eternity, after all Nigeria government did not fix May 30th Sit at Home for IPOB but it was complied with and was successful.

As it has become obvious that Nigeria government is buying more time for herself due to IPOB continuous waiting for her to announce date for Biafra referendum, it is time for IPOB Highest Command to stop waiting on a mirage but take the bull by the horn by fixing and announcing a date for Biafra referendum by itself to the world.

According to the international protocols and relevant conventions guiding procedures for conduct of any referendum which I consulted and researched before coming up with this opinion, an Indigenous govt or Customary govt of Indigenous people such as IPOB Directorate which already has the total command and loyalty of the people has right to organize a referendum to test the political desire of its people, if the colonial kept occupational govt like Nigeria refused to organize such referendum when called upon to do so.

It is in history that there was Customary govt structure of confederacies in Biafraland headed by Kings and local Chiefs, but were destroyed completely before 1904 by British govt and established colonial administration in Biafraland. It is that same govt which Lord Lugard and his team of invaders destroyed in 1904 that IPOB Directorate of State headed by Mazi Chika Edoziem had restored.

know that this Indigenous govt of the people known as IPOB Directorate has waited on the colonial occupational Nigeria govt to announce date for the said referendum, so that these indigenous people of Biafra will chose via referendum whether to remain in colonial arrangement or decide to return the sovereignty of their territory lost to the colonnial invaders in 1904 Southern Protectorate arrangement.

It is upon these corresponding realities, that I hereby call on IPOB Directorate of State to apply the above mentioned protocol empowering Indigenous govt of the people by announcing the date of its choice for Biafra referendum since Nigeria occupational government has refused to do that since years ago of notice.

It is important to understand that it was this right exercisable by Indigenous govt that empowered Catalonia Self-Determination govt to announce Catalonia referendum for October 1, 2017 without Spain.

If IPOB Highest Command fix the date of the referendum, it will announce it to the world, gazette it to relevant Biafra Indigenous govt gazettes and begin to notify without delay all relevant world powers and international organizations. After this IPOB will begin to train adhoc staff, polling workers, returning officers and other personnels required for the referendum and at same time prepare voting centers in Biafraland.

IPOB will also at the time gather both local &international observers and journalists to come and witness Biafra referendum as it happen in Biafraland.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by CutieGuy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
IslamicRebel:
And Nigeria voted in favour of this...... grin grin

Zoo Republic grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by princemillla(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Why be say all African countries on the list support the motion.....?
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
CutieGuy:

Zoo Republic grin grin

I wonder who voted for them.

10 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
princemillla:

Because they are in favour of decolonisation, just like Gadaffi dreamed.

Next up, Biafra.

11 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by bantudra: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
what does this have to do with nigeria??...

you are cameroonians!!!....

historical fact...!...
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
bantudra:
what does this have to do with nigeria??...

you are cameroonians!!!....

historical fact...!...

The snakes have arrived.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
Serpents are not welcome on this thread.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by bantudra: 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
IslamicRebel:

The snakes have arrived.

why do you call me a snake?
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by bantudra: 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
IslamicRebel:
Serpents are not welcome on this thread.

you are impersonating others on nairaland but you accuse others of it...!!!!

pathetic!!!...
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by FUNNYBONE1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2017
mass suicide for some people

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
bantudra:

why do you call me a snake?

Who did you call Camerounians? Scram!!!

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
bantudra:

you are impersonating others on nairaland but you accuse others of it...!!!!

pathetic!!!...

Steer clear from this thread snake.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by 9too1: 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
CutieGuy:

As Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) under the Supreme Command of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu (De Great) has waited on Nigeria government for too long in an expectation to announce date for Biafra referendum and coupled with the recent ultimatum of vacation of Arewa republic issued against Biafrans by Coalition of Arewa youths, IPOB should to that effect have no other option than to fix and announce to the world the date for Biafra referendum.

This my opinion is neccessary for consideration by IPOB Highest Command at this period of time because judging by the body language of Nigeria government, especially its ministry of interior which kept mute after the ultimatum was given to Biafrans residing in the North, Nigeria government has indirectly implied that Biafrans are on their own already.

By this, if Biafrans are still waiting for Nigeria government to fix and announce a date for Biafra referendum, IPOB may be wasting their time and lingering on a mirage that can never happen till eternity, after all Nigeria government did not fix May 30th Sit at Home for IPOB but it was complied with and was successful.

As it has become obvious that Nigeria government is buying more time for herself due to IPOB continuous waiting for her to announce date for Biafra referendum, it is time for IPOB Highest Command to stop waiting on a mirage but take the bull by the horn by fixing and announcing a date for Biafra referendum by itself to the world.

According to the international protocols and relevant conventions guiding procedures for conduct of any referendum which I consulted and researched before coming up with this opinion, an Indigenous govt or Customary govt of Indigenous people such as IPOB Directorate which already has the total command and loyalty of the people has right to organize a referendum to test the political desire of its people, if the colonial kept occupational govt like Nigeria refused to organize such referendum when called upon to do so.

It is in history that there was Customary govt structure of confederacies in Biafraland headed by Kings and local Chiefs, but were destroyed completely before 1904 by British govt and established colonial administration in Biafraland. It is that same govt which Lord Lugard and his team of invaders destroyed in 1904 that IPOB Directorate of State headed by Mazi Chika Edoziem had restored.

know that this Indigenous govt of the people known as IPOB Directorate has waited on the colonial occupational Nigeria govt to announce date for the said referendum, so that these indigenous people of Biafra will chose via referendum whether to remain in colonial arrangement or decide to return the sovereignty of their territory lost to the colonnial invaders in 1904 Southern Protectorate arrangement.

It is upon these corresponding realities, that I hereby call on IPOB Directorate of State to apply the above mentioned protocol empowering Indigenous govt of the people by announcing the date of its choice for Biafra referendum since Nigeria occupational government has refused to do that since years ago of notice.

It is important to understand that it was this right exercisable by Indigenous govt that empowered Catalonia Self-Determination govt to announce Catalonia referendum for October 1, 2017 without Spain.

If IPOB Highest Command fix the date of the referendum, it will announce it to the world, gazette it to relevant Biafra Indigenous govt gazettes and begin to notify without delay all relevant world powers and international organizations. After this IPOB will begin to train adhoc staff, polling workers, returning officers and other personnels required for the referendum and at same time prepare voting centers in Biafraland.

IPOB will also at the time gather both local &international observers and journalists to come and witness Biafra referendum as it happen in Biafraland.
...first week of July will determine, ppl don't know what is going on . Nigerian media outfits don't carry the news. I'm just coming from oru market, ask me for fish and I will give you the details but not here.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by bantudra: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
IslamicRebel:

Steer clear from this thread snake.

its not afonja no more,now its snake...!!...

you people are pathetic....get lost!!!....
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by bantudra: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
IslamicRebel:

Who did you call Camerounians? Scram!!!

but you are cameroonians.....
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by Eastfield1: 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
princemillla:
because Mauritius is in Africa
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
bantudra:

Why are you on this thread? Biafra gives you nightmares right?

You are so disturbed that you are lurking around here.

Zoo mofo

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
bantudra:

but you are cameroonians.....

Okay snake. Thank you. Now scram

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by mike404(m): 6:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
bantudra:

AFONJA MUSLIM

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by CutieGuy(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
9too1:
...first week of July will determine, ppl don't know what is going on . Nigerian media outfits don't carry the news. I'm just coming from oru market, ask me for fish and I will give you the details but not here.
Lol bro u...
I need details abeg.
Need to be updated.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by bantudra: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
mike404:
AFONJA MUSLIM

cameroonian!!!...
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by tossie101(f): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
9too1:

My dear i need details o.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by laribari(m): 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
CutieGuy:

Zoo Republic grin grin

That makes you an animal becos you are still Nigeria. You will be a fool to suggest biafra is already a country as such is not recognized and even kanu haven't declared it yet. So enjoy your cage Mr gorilla since you are in a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by Noneroone(m): 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
CutieGuy:

Zoo Republic grin grin
Nigeria voted against uk. read the question again. it is even worse for nigeria
Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
CutieGuy:

Zoo Republic grin grin
princemillla:
Nigeria and other African countries voted because Mauritius is an island nation in Africa. And for the Biafrans jubilating, it has nothing to do with Biafra. We are talking about decolonisation here. Biafra is not being colonised by Nigeria. Secession is a different ball game.

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
CutieGuy:
Lol bro u...
I need details abeg.
Need to be updated.

What is going down?we hope things are gonna click for Biafra soon.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
Afonja muslims are scared

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by toofit007: 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
9too1:
bro please update me with the latest information, I have flown out of Biafra land few days ago, hopefully to return in few weeks.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. by IslamicRebel: 5:29am On Jun 24, 2017
Abeycity97:
Nigeria and other African countries voted because Mauritius is an island nation in Africa. And for the Biafrans jubilating, it has nothing to do with Biafra. We are talking about decolonisation here. Biafra is not being colonised by Nigeria. Secession is a different ball game.

Yoruba snakes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Terms Of Progress, From Best To Worst (see Details / Sallah: Yobe Government Places 12-Hour Ban On Vehicular Movements / Bauchi Residents, Corporate Bodies Owe N1 Billion Water Bill – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.