Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court (18136 Views)

Ozekhome To Osinbajo: Fight Cabals Like A Man With Manhood Or Resign Honourably / Atiku Abubakar Meets With Mike Ozekhome ,To Sue Vanguard & Others (Photos) / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by MysticalTee(m): 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
Senator Dino Melaye of Kogi West Senatorial district has filed a lawsuit at the Federal high Court in Abuja seeking a court injunction to halt his recall from the Senate.

According to SaharaReporters sources, a panic-stricken Melaye had been shopping for a judge in the last 48 hours that could grant an injunction to halt the process after word reached him that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was meeting to decide on an appropriate response to the submission of more 188,000 signatures to their headquarters on Wednesday from his constituents who wanted him recalled from the Nigerian Senate.

On Thursday INEC issued a statement notifying the public that it will be verifying the signatures on July 3rd 2017. The commission also wrote to Melaye notifying him of the official commencement of the recall exercise.

Mr. Melaye’s lawyers today filed a 33-page legal argument seeking to obtain injunctive reliefs from the court. The application was accompanied by an affidavit of urgency filed by a staff of Mr. Ozekhome’s law firm.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/23/senator-dino-melaye-panics-hires-mike-ozekhome-stop-his-recall-court

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by KINGinVAHALA: 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nigeria judiciary is the country number one problem, I am saying this because of antecedents and simply because just as saraki, melaye prayer will be granted by the court at the end.

39 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by omoISEYIN(m): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
With time, we will eventually overcome all these enemies of the state.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Annie939(f): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
this is serious

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Flatties: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
We are watching...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Jirate(m): 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:
Nigeria judiciary is the country number one problem, I am saying this because of antecedents and simply because just as saraki, melaye prayer will be granted by the court at the end.

You don come again with your Wahala, if it goes your way, you will call the judiciary the last hope of the common man but if not in your Favour, you cry fowl.
Listen, the Man has rights, Inec should meet him in court, that all for now. cool

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Jirate(m): 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
Igbos:
We are watching...

Keep watching but with a Closed Mouth, or do you want a Fly to enter your Mouth? cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by DamiBukola: 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:
Y are you preempting the court judgement or ruling, is average APC supporter cursed ni

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by masterpiece86: 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
I foresaw this coming because the hardest part of the process of recall has been achieved.

Dino Melaye is precariously sitting on a time bomb. Him shopping for Mike O. won't help him much because the judiciary know very well that, they're on the spotlight at the moment.

If this event were to happen during past administration the outcome of his prayers will be....... Your guess is as good as mine but, I don't see any court cum judge granting his prayers because this is a constitutional matter.

Anyway, am keenly awaiting the judge that will stoop so low in granting this prayers.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by RoyalUc(m): 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
I don't understand. Is he praying the court to stop INEC from discharging thier duty or the people from exercising thier right?
I think it would have been more appropriate to request that INEC do the right thing in verifying the signature of the petitioners without bias.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by NwaNimo1(m): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Dead man walking and talking....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 12:36am On Jun 24, 2017
masterpiece86:
I foresaw this coming because the hardest part of the process of recall has been achieved.

Dino Melaye is precariously sitting on a time bomb. Him shopping for Mike O. won't help him much because the judiciary know very well that, they're on the spotlight at the moment.

If this event were to happen during past administration the outcome of his prayers will be....... Your guess is as good as mine but, I don't see any court cum judge granting his prayers because this is a constitutional matter.

Anyway, am keenly awaiting the judge that will stoop so low in granting this prayers.

The hardest part hasn't been achieved son.. The hardest part is not getting signatures but validating the authenticity of those signatures.. Just a proof that one is forged throws everything into jeopardy... And trust me, majority of those signatures might have been forged

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by double0seven(m): 1:05am On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

The hardest part hasn't been achieved son.. The hardest part is not getting signatures but validating the authenticity of those signatures.. Just a proof that one is forged throws everything into jeopardy... And trust me, majority of those signatures might have been forged

I disagree, the hardest part really is getting the signatures. How can verifying the signatures be the hardest part?

If the signatures are for real, the people only need sit down while INEC does the work.

Of course, Nigeria being Nigeria, they have to sit down with both feet standing and both eyes wide open

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Slai1: 1:12am On Jun 24, 2017
The Recall is a failed attempt, already.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by edo3(m): 2:28am On Jun 24, 2017
Mike ozhekome again? The same thief that defended fsyose.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by ehinmowo: 5:09am On Jun 24, 2017
even if Dino legitimately collects an annual salary of 12 million, he still wudnt hv been able to afford Ozekhome (75 million ) fee.

it shows how crooked and corrupt he is

8 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by obamabinladen(m): 5:30am On Jun 24, 2017
edo3:

Shataaap. Even your Falana defended Buhari on his certificate matter.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Iamwrath: 5:46am On Jun 24, 2017
Three days ago , i said i sensed panic , people laughed at my comment

Today Dino is shopping for judge , we shall soon see

Princesaha:

Hahahaha..... you must be dreaming bro. Anyway I am interested in placing the wager. We can even make it 500k. If he is recalled in two months time, I will credit your account within 24 hours but If not, then you pay me. People here will bear us witness incase any of us fails to fulfil the pledge cos I will call you out here if you fail. Are you in?
I hope you are gathering my money grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by abu12: 6:03am On Jun 24, 2017
they can't verify these signature, bcause the list are fake. Most register voters name on list where not even aware of such thing is going on.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 6:29am On Jun 24, 2017
double0seven:

I disagree, the hardest part really is getting the signatures. How can verifying the signatures be the hardest part?

If the signatures are for real, the people only need sit down while INEC does the work.

Of course, Nigeria being Nigeria, they have to sit down with both feet standing and both eyes wide open

Then you know nothing about signatures and how it works.. There is already a case of verified dead people/ person on that list.. Do you really think it is possible for almost 200 thousand persons to be against a senator in his senatorial constituency? Of course no matter how bad someone is, there must be some people loyal to him.. To even get that amount of votes during election is difficult because of out lacklustre attitude to elections, then all of a sudden, out of the Blues, almost 200k signatures were gotten... Once this case gets to court, INEC will take its hands off it... This whole exercise will end in shambles and like many others, it will die a natural death... Abi nor be Nigeria we dey again?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 6:31am On Jun 24, 2017
abu12:
they can't verify these signature, bcause the list are fake. Most register voters name on list where not even aware of such thing is going on.

Exactly what am telling people.. I feel this stunt is more targeted to kill his dream of going back to the Senate in 2019 that actually recalling him..

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 6:35am On Jun 24, 2017
edo3:

He that knows nothing about the law calls a lawyer a thief.. A lawyer goes there and defends his client quoting the law of the country.. He is only there to defend the client, he is not the one passing judgment so how can he be a thief? Blame the game and not the player

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by modath(f): 6:39am On Jun 24, 2017
I'm sure no one is surprised that he called on Ozekhome? Anywhere the water is unclean, He is there bubbling under the surface..
cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Moreoffaith(m): 6:44am On Jun 24, 2017
This guy is really insane.
file a suit against INEC?? I thought he said his people are behind him??

maybe he no longer trust the people of his constituency anymore.

We need to investigate this matter, He has to take INEC to the grave of those dead people behind the signature so as to confirm their signature..
Mad man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by KINGinVAHALA: 6:48am On Jun 24, 2017
Jirate:

You don come with your Wahala again, if it goes your way, you will call the judiciary the last hope for the common man but if not in your Favour, you cry fowl.
Listen, the Man has rights, Inec should meet him in court, that all for now. cool

Yeah, I am not saying he doesn't have right to seek redress in court, but the laws guiding recall is clear and a sane lawmaker shouldn't bother approaching the court of law because no law has been broken thus far.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by ubongokon(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2017
now I know dino is not intelligent , he's going to court to stop inec from performing their duty or d people from carrying out their constitunal ryt !?

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by KINGinVAHALA: 6:50am On Jun 24, 2017
DamiBukola:
Y are you preempting the court judgement or ruling, is average APC supporter cursed ni
We all know what our judiciary has been and become, it has made a lover of anti - corruption seers

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by budusky05(m): 6:53am On Jun 24, 2017
Lol
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by DamiBukola: 7:01am On Jun 24, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:

We all know what our judiciary has been and become, it has made a lover of anti - corruption seers
APC useless mentality, always blame people for their ineptness and lack of good lawyers to draft good charges

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by tomakint: 7:04am On Jun 24, 2017
Too late Mr Aje Ku iya crooner cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by tomakint: 7:11am On Jun 24, 2017
ehinmowo:
even if Dino legitimately collects an annual salary of 12 million, he still wudnt hv been able to afford Ozekhome (75 million ) fee.

it shows how crooked and corrupt he is
Can't you smell the hands of Saraki in this? Of course Dino cannot afford such fee but Saraki the rich thief is behind it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I don’t care if my party loses in Zamfara, APC Senator declares / Update on Ongoing Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano Gas Pipeline Project / Subsidy Probe: I didn't Collect Any Bribe - Farouk Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.