Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court (18128 Views)

Ozekhome To Osinbajo: Fight Cabals Like A Man With Manhood Or Resign Honourably / Atiku Abubakar Meets With Mike Ozekhome ,To Sue Vanguard & Others (Photos) / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by GavelSlam: 7:12am On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

Then you know nothing about signatures and how it works.. There is already a case of verified dead people/ person on that list.. Do you really think it is possible for almost 200 thousand persons to be against a senator in his senatorial constituency? Of course no matter how bad someone is, there must be some people loyal to him.. To even get that amount of votes during election is difficult because of out lacklustre attitude to elections, then all of a sudden, out of the Blues, almost 200k signatures were gotten... Once this case gets to court, INEC will take its hands off it... This whole exercise will end in shambles and like many others, it will die a natural death... Abi nor be Nigeria we dey again?

Will you stop posting nonsense?

Give us the dead person's name on that list.

The electorate has chosen to recall their representative. It is not for us to preempt the veracity or otherwise of how they were obtained to do so.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Omeokachie: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2017
Sahara and Dino's beef will never end.

Which one is shop for a Judge again? Even if you dont like Dino, dont rubbish an institution just to get at an individual!
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Sagay212: 9:37am On Jun 24, 2017
I thought Dino said they were joking. He can see himself losing the fight real quick and he is looking for a lawyer to save his ass. I will be happy if he is kicked out.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2017
he is just giving money to the lawyer... his people don't want him anymore... grin

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by madbuhari: 9:44am On Jun 24, 2017
Dino see the way the useless APC want to kick u out of a party u follow build... APC lead Buhari government is a fraud and rape to democracy... meanwhile welcome back to PDP a party without bias and bigotry
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

Then you know nothing about signatures and how it works.. There is already a case of verified dead people/ person on that list.. Do you really think it is possible for almost 200 thousand persons to be against a senator in his senatorial constituency? Of course no matter how bad someone is, there must be some people loyal to him.. To even get that amount of votes during election is difficult because of out lacklustre attitude to elections, then all of a sudden, out of the Blues, almost 200k signatures were gotten... Once this case gets to court, INEC will take its hands off it... This whole exercise will end in shambles and like many others, it will die a natural death... Abi nor be Nigeria we dey again?
Sad but true
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by vickylincon(m): 9:49am On Jun 24, 2017
DamiBukola:
Y are you preempting the court judgement or ruling, is average APC supporter cursed ni
is Dino in PDP? it's high time you guys realise this politicians don't send u and it's we citizens that is suffering the most. So, when you see something bad,criticize ut
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by bkool7(m): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

The hardest part hasn't been achieved son.. The hardest part is not getting signatures but validating the authenticity of those signatures.. Just a proof that one is forged throws everything into jeopardy... And trust me, majority of those signatures might have been forged

if there's no signature what will inec validated ?

So you didn't see people going there in numbers to sign ?
A bus was even provided to get people to the veneue

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2017
Dino melaye will cling on to his last breath.
I hope the good people of Kogi state wins and he's successful recalled.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:09am On Jun 24, 2017
my question is ...is it by force to senate for people niii?people wey put u say dem nor want again..na by force??why are u keen on senating 4 us
MysticalTee:
Senator Dino Melaye of Kogi West Senatorial district has filed a lawsuit at the Federal high Court in Abuja seeking a court injunction to halt his recall from the Senate.

According to SaharaReporters sources, a panic-stricken Melaye had been shopping for a judge in the last 48 hours that could grant an injunction to halt the process after word reached him that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was meeting to decide on an appropriate response to the submission of more 188,000 signatures to their headquarters on Wednesday from his constituents who wanted him recalled from the Nigerian Senate.

On Thursday INEC issued a statement notifying the public that it will be verifying the signatures on July 3rd 2017. The commission also wrote to Melaye notifying him of the official commencement of the recall exercise.

Mr. Melaye’s lawyers today filed a 33-page legal argument seeking to obtain injunctive reliefs from the court. The application was accompanied by an affidavit of urgency filed by a staff of Mr. Ozekhome’s law firm.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/23/senator-dino-melaye-panics-hires-mike-ozekhome-stop-his-recall-court

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by MabraO: 10:16am On Jun 24, 2017
Did I just read in section 3a that mr Dino said the process of recalling him is null nd void, illegal?
Mehn nigeria is a failed country
U were elected now u say the process to recall u is unconstitutional?

I weep for this country.
Our problem ll keep going in circle cos we fail to realize it.
2019juzt around the corner nd watch how we make same mistake all over again voting apc or pdp again cos of a promise they ll always fail to keep
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by nkemjacob2(m): 10:24am On Jun 24, 2017
Yahaya bello cud be fueling his recalling.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by DamiBukola: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2017
vickylincon:
is Dino in PDP? it's high time you guys realise this politicians don't send u and it's we citizens that is suffering the most. So, when you see something bad,criticize ut
So tell me your interest in his recall? As a saner Nigerian who celebrates nobody but only interested in justice and equity, you have no fucking business to celebrate or deny Dino his right to seek redress in Court. So because of your party, we shouldn't seek redress before the Courts again? This mentality of everybody is a sinner except those in the good book of your Lords is the reason you guys are losing the cases left and right
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by soflygerian(m): 10:38am On Jun 24, 2017
Suit on what ground exactly? How even

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Sunnyja: 10:45am On Jun 24, 2017
masterpiece86:
I foresaw this coming because the hardest part of the process of recall has been achieved.

Dino Melaye is precariously sitting on a time bomb. Him shopping for Mike O. won't help him much because the judiciary know very well that, they're on the spotlight at the moment.

If this event were to happen during past administration the outcome of his prayers will be....... Your guess is as good as mine but, I don't see any court cum judge granting his prayers because this is a constitutional matter.

Anyway, am keenly awaiting the judge that will stoop so low in granting this prayers.
I see "inconclusive recall" loading. watch out for part 2. Nigeria a country of jokers.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by babahTee: 11:18am On Jun 24, 2017
stop his recall on what ground?? or the masses doesnt have d ryt of choose nd fire their representatives if dey r not properly represented?
or judiciary wants 2deny d populace of their fundamental human wrights??
well let wait for their rulings
when i said d judiciary nd nass is d reason for our woes one idiot here was saying rubbish.
#recall dat fool. it high time nigerians fight d "seat tyt slowpoke syndrome".

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by senatordave1(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2017
if he likes,let him go to the sharia court,he must be recalled.its true that some few signatoriez may have been forged or dead but is it substantial enough to nullify the whole process or reduce the signatory percentage to less than 50+1 percent? i dont think so.i see dino being recalled but my fear is that the movers should have collected more signatures like over 200,000 or close to 300,000 to reduce the margin of the recall failing when inec starts verifying and nullifying some questionable signatures or if the courts orders biometric or forensic analysis of the signatures.up apc,down dino

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Pavarottii(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:
Nigeria judiciary is the country number one problem, I am saying this because of antecedents and simply because just as saraki, melaye prayer will be granted by the court at the end.
Na u be Jesus Christ. Everybody is a bad man except u. So u saying everybody is corrupt in d judiciary? Av u really looked into both cases or saraki and this recall of dino?

My friend go and read in details before coming here. To tell who is Right or wrong?
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Frankiss44(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Will you stop posting nonsense?

Give us the dead person's name on that list.

The electorate has chosen to recall their representative. It is not for us to preempt the veracity or otherwise of how they were obtained to do so.

Only a fool that doesn't recognises the fact that people are entitled to their opinion and sees all opinions apart from his own as nonsense
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Daviddson(m): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by GavelSlam: 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

Only a fool that doesn't recognises the fact that people are entitled to their opinion and sees all opinions apart from his own as nonsense

Opinions should not include outright lies.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by enemyofprogress: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
Na by force to represent in the Senate?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by BERNIMOORE: 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
masterpiece86:
I foresaw this coming because the hardest part of the process of recall has been achieved.

Dino Melaye is precariously sitting on a time bomb. Him shopping for Mike O. won't help him much because the judiciary know very well that, they're on the spotlight at the moment.

If this event were to happen during past administration the outcome of his prayers will be....... Your guess is as good as mine but, I don't see any court cum judge granting his prayers because this is a constitutional matter.

Anyway, am keenly awaiting the judge that will stoop so low in granting this prayers.
Sorry guy,Nothing i mean no part of the process of recall has been achieved! the signatures @ best are not yet confirmed! you need to be schooled! each and every signature with names and PVC numbers must tally and must NOT be from outside Dino's Constituencies! yes signatures has been submitted but i bet it that verifying them one by one will expose 'forgeries' and just one forgery among the signature is enough ground for the judiciary to Grant Dino 'leave to file for forgery' which is a criminal case proceeding against anyone that impersonates in the recall process and the case will wear down with time
the recall process Is a waste of time and resources like CCT case vs Saraki 2yrs waste!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Bobby808: 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:
Nigeria judiciary is the country number one problem, I am saying this because of antecedents and simply because just as saraki, melaye prayer will be granted by the court at the end.
So you wanted Dino to just give up when the governor is behind all these arrangements? Dino is going no where.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by MaziOmenuko: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Sorry guy,Nothing i mean no part of the process of recall has been achieved! the signatures @ best are not yet confirmed! you need to be schooled! each and every signature with names and PVC numbers must tally and must NOT be from outside Dino's Constituencies! yes signatures has been submitted but i bet it that verifying them one by one will expose 'forgeries' and just one forgery among the signature is enough ground for the judiciary to Grant Dino 'leave to file for forgery' which is a criminal case proceeding

I beg to differ. I have checked my PVC and there is no signature attached to it. INEC is not going to check the authenticity of a signature, they are only going to confirm that the signatories are registered members of the constituencies and local govt they signed against and nothing more.

You.cannot chose to interpret the law the way you want. Yes, Dino did the right thing every desperate politician would do. I have envisaged it long ago that it would be his only bet. Next is to find a judge that will accept N7mill bribe which is very easy to get in our unfortunate country today. But then, what exactly is he sueing INEC for? Does he have the death certificate of the person he claimed to have died? Even at that, he has to prove that over 50% of those that signed his recall are presently all dead, not just one person.

We will all follow this case and see where it ends, hope another Saraki is not loading.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by jcflex(m): 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

Sometimes i wonder, reading some comment.

One thing i know is Dino will complete is tenure.

but pls dnt question how they were able to get the signature.

if over 115000 pple voted in less than 10hrs on election day, what stop them from gather such signature for a. period of one week

coming to this gathering of signature for recall process, it took them over a week to gather those signature, which am sure part of the signature might be forge.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by Nellybii: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
Frankiss44:

So you are enjoying Nigeria the way it is . No problems. I will always repeat this. Thunder will destroy anyone that supports corruption and defends looters but complains about Nigeria being underdeveloped.
Re: Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court by omokab: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
Slai1:
The Recall is a failed attempt, already.
the recall is a fail ettemp and your brother is asking INEC to stop the process of removing. Why can't he keep quiet and be watching them?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Service Chiefs Move To Sack Young Officers Considered Threats To Senior Officers / Ireti Kingibe: MKO Abiola Abandoned My Husband - Kingibe’s Wife / PDP Expels Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.