Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Discuss: What Role Should God Play In Your Relationship Decisions? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Discuss: What Role Should God Play In Your Relationship Decisions? (383 Views)

How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship / Let's Discuss!!!! What's Your Fear About Your Current Relationship / 5 Things That Are Hurting Your Partner And Killing Your Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discuss: What Role Should God Play In Your Relationship Decisions? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
Few years ago the DHS carried out a statistical survey in Nigeria and found the Nigerian population to comprise of 53% Muslims and 48% Christians. Going by this data, it's safe to assume that majority of youths on this forum, especially those who frequent this board, belong to either Christianity or Islam. I believe that these two religions despite differing in doctrine, all accord supremacy to the same God. Another similarity between these two religions is that they share similar moral codes and principles. I am saying all this because I believe that the vast majority of people reading this belong to one of these two religions, and as a result of that, have submitted themselves to a responsibility of carrying out the moral requirements these religions prescribe.

So this brings me to my question. What role does God play in your life? What level of moral authority do you accord to God when you make moral decisions? This is a very important question because if we actually believe in God, and we believe in his word, then we should allow these words guide us. But what we see on social media and in some of the comments I read on this board and some other boards is the complete opposite. It's this sex driven moral environment where we pursue the longings of our flesh at the expense of doctrinal devotion. If we actually love God and call ourselves devout followers of our religion, why then is there a contradiction between how we live our lives and what we say, and what our holy books actually say?

We should learn to ask pertinent questions about our relationships, about why we get into them and about what we do while we are in them. Is it right to have sex with those we aren't married to? Is it right to cohabit with people we aren't married to? Is it right to associate ourselves romantically with people who don't share our religious perspectives?

What role should God play in our lives? I think we should allow God occupy the driving seat in all areas of our lives, including our relationships, and we should let his word regulate our thoughts and actions. What do you think?
Re: Discuss: What Role Should God Play In Your Relationship Decisions? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Okay
Re: Discuss: What Role Should God Play In Your Relationship Decisions? by ikp120(m): 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2017
No role. Just do it the way you want to so that you no go blame God when things go wrong.
Re: Discuss: What Role Should God Play In Your Relationship Decisions? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
ikp120:
No role. Just do it the way you want to so that you no go blame God when things go wrong.

No role? So what's the essence of calling yourself a Christian if you don't allow Christian precepts take ascendancy in all areas of your life?

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Victim Of Domestic Violence Blames Mother In-law For Rift With Husband / The Right Use Of Alcohol / This Woman Wants To Be Remembered For Having World's Biggest Hips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.