Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,723 members, 7,955,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk (55261 Views)

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by tafabaloo(m): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2017
stressedout:
Pls nairalanders, I am in deep mess right now. I have been living in my compound for 6 yrs now but due to some money issues I was evicted and my friend/fellow tenant was kind enough to take me in for the time being. It is him the wife and their small baby son that stays.

The problem started when the wife start complaining that am wasteful. i have never remained food they give me. from then they reduced quantity of food they give me and i dont complain.

Now just this morning am making tea and take 3 spoons of milk in her presence and all hell break loose. she starts shouting and call her husband that even them dont take more than 2 spoons. the man called me later and said it is time for us to part ways.

Am devastated now. i even used my last cash to buy a tin of milk for them. what do i do now? i have no where to go. sad

Must you drink tea?

Bros, you self no do well, 3 full teaspoon of milk in this recession is over too much.

Besides, you shld stop taking tea untill u get a house of yours!
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by unitedsurv: 7:38am On Jun 26, 2017
Jackeeh:

Relocate to calabar. I'll accommodate you.

wana accommodate him? if you do will he know he has to work and plan for his future?

2. do you know if your valuables are safe when he's with you knowing? he has a relative in calabar

3. if you get fed up of his laziness how do chase him out?

just suprised you wana show charity in Nigeria of now and see him talk so far to me he's not ready to do something good yet
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 26, 2017
You come across as an ingrate the way you worded your post. These people are your benefactors and they don't owe you anything. I was once accommodated by a guy whose wife was famous for her unfriendliness to her husbands family. Well, I knew this family through one of the husband's cousins who warned me about this lady. I was interning with an IOC located in PH city for 6 months, this family was the only one I knew, and thought it was what the risk.

Surprisingly, I didn't have one problem with this woman because I was happy to tell her how grateful I was for every little things she did for me. She cooks well, which I complimented often. Even though I was a student at that time, I made sure I come back home with some food items to restock the pantry when I can. Mind you, the man of the house was comfortable as he works in an oil firm too.

When I left there, they called to ask how soon I can visit again.

9 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Onopa(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2017
Today I fully understand Nigerians are heartless and the the people are wicked and frustrated

Someone came here laid his life experience and probably frustrated all you guys could do is desend on him like a wounded lion give him rope to hang himself

And you stupid black people complain those Europeans are angry they dont need refrigee or migrants

You hate trump for saying he doesn't need illegal immigrants feeding off Hard working American TAX money

8 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by wintersnow(m): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2017
CoolChinex07:
The story is so pathetic because I av a similar experience from my blood brother who was even the one that act me to come stay with them temporary while waiting to resume for my masters program after quitting from my job and leaving my rented apartment in PH. after few weeks, he start setting traps for me. that's wen I know that I av to leave. but before I could leave, he quickly instigated a major conflict between us and involving his wife in order to publicly disgrace me to leave. all because they taught that I will become a burden to them and demanding for money while running my masters program. I quietly moved out dejected but trusting in God. today I av completed my full-time masters degree in Nigeria premier university wit top grade without a dime from them but unexpected favours from different sources. And God av open wider oppurnitnities for me to make choice from. Lesson to learn is that no man will help you wen dey think u are completely down. Put more trust and hope in God and work harder in humility.

Am happy for you bro, you made the right decision by leaving
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Chubhie: 7:41am On Jun 26, 2017
I support the unanimous decision offered here.
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Chubhie: 7:42am On Jun 26, 2017
There's yet hope for Nigeria.
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nairaboi(m): 7:43am On Jun 26, 2017
MMotimo:

Humility is a virtue you should embrace. Your topic " ordinary" is a turn off. When somebody is giving you something they don't owe you, you don't get to dictate what is ordinary or not. If it were ordinary, you should have bought your own milk. The fact that you have a roof over your head after your eviction is due to their generosity and who knows how big the apartment is but still they invited you in.

If your hosts say an extra spoon of milk is too much to stomach and they are causing drama because of that, you have 2 options:

Start to buy your own food or contribute to feeding and hope they will allow you decide your own quantity of consumption
Leave their house

You don't get to decide what is ordinary in another person's house.
Upon all the epistle you just dropped about ordinary, you failed to ask the o.p for an account number so you could assist him or even propose a way of him raising funds. You are the kind of person that will see someone eating and shout "you dey enjoy o" when food is basic in life

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by judgedredd22(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2017
Bahddo:
Ordinary milk? No wonder they are kicking you out. Lazy ass adult with a nasty attitude, who doesn't earn a dime and instead of hustling, sits back and enjoys being fed.

You aren't even looking for a job, you are looking for someone else who would take you in and start feeding you undecided

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by 2kurupt(m): 7:45am On Jun 26, 2017
tonididdy:
many comments here are based on anger and hatred.

moss times never start what u cant finish, why accommodate a fellow you know you gonna throwout tomorrow over the slightest thing?

PS: the couples arent loving...another couple would receive this fellow and treat him diffrently until he can fend for himself. we must all learn to be patient.

@OP you have done nothing wrong. dont be stressed out....PRAY AND BELEIVE IN GOD FOR A BETTER HOME

You see the anger & resentment in people's responses but don't see the OP's appeal to be taken in. Since you're so charitable, why don't you offer to grant his request & make us all happy? Please stop trying to appear holier than thou.

If you're being realistic am sure you'll see the sheer ingratitude & arrogance in the OP's choice of words and reasoning.

The reality is most people are under pressure due to the economy & it ain't easy accommodating a full grown adult(that's not even a relative) in addition to running a family.

If the OP is seeking any form of pity, he's not gonna get any not even from you. These so-called harsh words are what will spore him to action & hopefully get him back on his feet.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by ChelseaDr(m): 7:45am On Jun 26, 2017
Odunharry:
smiley ChelseaDr Good morning. How's work and the family.
To God be all glory my brother, thanks a million!! Cheers!
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 26, 2017
Dear op,welcome to life, the funny thing is even if they were your blood relatives ,there is no guarantee that this will not happen cos as a grown man even your own mother would have been tired of feeding you speaking from experience. As for your friend and his wife, regardless of how you feel they have mistreated you, I must say they are nice people,taking in a total stranger for more than 3 days
Now back to your situation , I will not advice you to go back to calabar just yet. Look for anything LEGIT to do,even if its bricklaying, meanwhile beg your friend for more time . Wakeup ,learn to drop your pride and self entitlement,if success was by age, I am sure a lot of nairalanders know who and who they should be richer than, goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by aribisala0(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2017
DarryOsh:

Curious to know your thoughts...

Why are we here?
we are different so here for different reasons but think of it like a course or degree programme grin. Every body get him personal syllabus
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by YelloweWest: 7:51am On Jun 26, 2017
MMotimo:

Humility is a virtue you should embrace. Your topic " ordinary" is a turn off. When somebody is giving you something they don't owe you, you don't get to dictate what is ordinary or not. If it were ordinary, you should have bought your own milk. The fact that you have a roof over your head after your eviction is due to their generosity and who knows how big the apartment is but still they invited you in.

If your hosts say an extra spoon of milk is too much to stomach and they are causing drama because of that, you have 2 options:

Start to buy your own food or contribute to feeding and hope they will allow you decide your own quantity of consumption
Leave their house

You don't get to decide what is ordinary in another person's house.

I'd like to give u a huge hug for this comment.
The op is just like my elder brother.

Lazy and feels entitled to what is not theirs.
The wife in this case is actually an angel! For the fact that she agreed to take in a friend. I can't believe how ungrateful the op sounds...
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by bellotaofeek: 7:52am On Jun 26, 2017
stressedout:
Pls nairalanders, I am in deep mess right now. I have been living in my compound for 6 yrs now but due to some money issues I was evicted and my friend/fellow tenant was kind enough to take me in for the time being. It is him the wife and their small baby son that stays.

The problem started when the wife start complaining that am wasteful. i have never remained food they give me. from then they reduced quantity of food they give me and i dont complain.

Now just this morning am making tea and take 3 spoons of milk in her presence and all hell break loose. she starts shouting and call her husband that even them dont take more than 2 spoons. the man called me later and said it is time for us to part ways.

Am devastated now. i even used my last cash to buy a tin of milk for them. what do i do now? i have no where to go. sad

They are tired of you . If you think it's the milk issue ( you goofed) . That's just a mere excuse . Try to scroll trough your contacts . Pick some of the friends you have (closed ones or those you have helped before) then try to reach em if luck could find you . Or better still find a cheap apartment and request for their assistance . May lord help you !
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Terenceike(m): 7:52am On Jun 26, 2017
stressedout:

Take you in and start feeding you also right? My brother your condition isn't the worst on earth, people pass through more difficult things yet the pick up themselves and start from scratch. You aren't even married with kids, no pressure of any kind. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Freethought(m): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2017
tonardo:

where is the game i paid for?

Lol...youv just bn duped

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by anselm791(m): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2017
guy come calabar make I buy you beer jor, you fit add milk sef if you like. #life is easy.
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by aribisala0(m): 7:54am On Jun 26, 2017
ayenitre:
You come across as an ingrate the way you worded your post. These people are your benefactors and they don't owe you anything. I was once accommodated by a guy whose wife was famous for her unfriendliness to her husbands family. Well, I knew this family through one of the husband's cousins who warned me about this lady. I was interning with an IOC located in PH city for 6 months, this family was the only one I knew, and thought it was what the risk.

Surprisingly, I didn't have one problem with this woman because I was happy to tell her how grateful I was for every little things she did for me. She cooks well, which I complemented her often. Even though I was a student at that time, I made sure I come back home with some food items to restock the pantry when I can. Mind you the man of the house was comfortable as he works in an oil firm too.

When I left there, they called to ask how soon I can visit again.
You are the one that is stupid. What has any of this got to do with being black or white? Deal with your complex and stop talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by ikezuora4689(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2017
Zetra:

@bold
so true, he feels too big to be talked to, who is he
I don't see anything wrong in what the man's wife did.
If you see as my mum do shout anytime I do tea when I go visiting... so it's normal

he has stupid pride
u are stupid,dont ever pray to see ur self in that position,everybody in this platform is forming hardworking(no be person wey see work go work),most of u dont knw what it means to stay under someone especially woman am speaking from experience,its better for ur mum to shout on u than any random woman,i knw want i pass through when i was living with my blood brother,i vow that once am alive none of my child we live with anybody not even my blood brothers.op i understand ur plight bt dont worry God wey do am for me go do am for u.....good morning to u all
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by YelloweWest: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Op u are an ungrateful entitled little piece of shiiit. I don't care how young you are, anyone above 18 and living on his own without his parents should have a better sense of reasoning.

The wife of your friend is a very good woman due to the fact that she agreed to take u into her house and even feed you!!

If u were a man she would only see u in the evening after the days hustle. You won't even eat their food. You'd eat cheap Street food.
But look at u complaining about milk and food rations IN ANOTHER MAN'S HOUSE!!!
Shame on u.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by geunik(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
You ask for accommodation and you were given and now you have added feeding. At least you were feeding yourself before the eviction.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nairaboi(m): 8:01am On Jun 26, 2017
The responses from this thread shows that "the heart of some people are truly wicked" especially the women folks haven had a glimpse of the first page. So because he is not a family member he should not eat or feel the comfort of a home. Some are referring to 3 spoons of milk as too much.
Damm! i have friends i have accommodated, fed and often give cash once in a while to change clothes and my fiance knows about this and encourages me. so it crazy that many people can't do half of these.
truly, a wicked world we live in.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Jackeeh(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2017
davimus:
i am new in calabar but am not looking for accomodation but job hunting can you help me bro?

Send me a mail
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by YelloweWest: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2017
Nairaboi:
The responses from this thread shows that "the heart of some people are truly wicked" especially the women folks haven had a glimpse of the first page. So because he is not a family member he should not eat or feel the comfort of a home. Some are referring to 3 spoons of milk as too much.
Damm! i have friends i have accommodated, fed and often give cash once in a while to change clothes and my fiance knows about this and encourages me. so it crazy that many people can't do half of these.
truly, a wicked world we live in.
Young boy. U be small pikin wey no know say journey far.

What did you call your lady again? Fiancee, marry her and have a kid. Then see if u will still be able to be father Christmas at that level.

Let's face facts, this op is ridiculous lazy and feels entitled. He didn't say the financial of his hosts.
Secondly why is he eating their food??

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by shadeyinka(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2017
jieta:
your reply is full of arrogance, i won't be surprise if people like you control their husband.

You are still missing out on lessons from this
1. Your friends wife is NOT controlling him. They both own their residence. The wife is the Manager of their home.
2. Don't pack out without making peace especially with your friends wife otherwise, the friendship with your friend is destroyed forever.
3. They do not owe you anything, you owe them. Stop saying you help them in the house.

Respectfully ask for 1- 2 weeks to relocate.

4. Appreciate your friend. You have put him in a very tight corner.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nairaboi(m): 8:08am On Jun 26, 2017
Onopa:
Today I fully understand Nigerians are heartless and the the people are wicked and frustrated

Someone came here laid his life experience and probably frustrated all you guys could do is desend on him like a wounded lion give him rope to hang himself

And you stupid black people complain those Europeans are angry they dont need refrigee or migrants

You hate trump for saying he doesn't need illegal immigrants feeding off Hard working American TAX money

Very true
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Jackeeh(m): 8:08am On Jun 26, 2017
unitedsurv:

wana accommodate him? if you do will he know he has to work and plan for his future?

2. do you know if your valuables are safe when he's with you knowing? he has a relative in calabar

3. if you get fed up of his laziness how do chase him out?

just suprised you wana show charity in Nigeria of now and see him talk so far to me he's not ready to do something good yet

Being charitable has never hurt anyone.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by aribisala0(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2017
CoolChinex07:
The story is so pathetic because I av a similar experience from my blood brother who was even the one that act me to come stay with them temporary while waiting to resume for my masters program after quitting from my job and leaving my rented apartment in PH. after few weeks, he start setting traps for me. that's wen I know that I av to leave. but before I could leave, he quickly instigated a major conflict between us and involving his wife in order to publicly disgrace me to leave. all because they taught that I will become a burden to them and demanding for money while running my masters program. I quietly moved out dejected but trusting in God. today I av completed my full-time masters degree in Nigeria premier university wit top grade without a dime from them but unexpected favours from different sources. And God av open wider oppurnitnities for me to make choice from. Lesson to learn is that no man will help you wen dey think u are completely down. Put more trust and hope in God and work harder in humility.
Your brother did you a favour you should be thankful. He woke you up to reality.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by adellam16(f): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2017
stressedout:
my closest relative is in calabar. i am in lagos
Mr man find ur way to calabar and stop looking for who to squat with. Not every body have human feelings and also remember not every body can accommodate non relatives.
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by sukkot: 8:14am On Jun 26, 2017
Vikky014:
My dear you just spoke my mind. Ordinary milk. reduced the quantity of food they gave me . people like him are parasites. parasitic relationship is very bad.
but almost all of you nigerian women are in parasitic relationships with men so why cant you empathise with the man ? lmao wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Blasts His Daughter Over Her Profile Photo / See How I Spoilt My Wife On Her Birthday. PHOTOS. / I Slept With My Brother-in-law Unknowingly, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.