Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded (28597 Views)

Police Already Flooded Lekki Toll Gate Against Protest Over Increase Of Toll Fee / 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos / Satellite Town Road Lagos Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
hemartins:

You say wah?
Lagos overrated? You have to look up the word overrated again.
Most Cities built in such circumstances always face flood. You can't always have your way on nature.
Shove your hate speech bro.

Those saying it's a result of poor drainage probably haven't been to the island.
Have you ever asked yourself why most houses in the island use overhead swimming pool, built in septic, shallow well and rift foundation? It because the water bed is high compared to the mainland.
The problem ain't drainage.

I agree with you to some extent

but no matter how water locked an area might be or how high the water bed is, when dere is a well planned drainage system, water will always find its route.

talking from experience bro as an Architect

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by rummmy: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Guy,why not attack the messenger and leave SE out of your hate quote?read his post again but this time try and comprehend.
davodyguy:
Stop talking nonsense based on your myopic and ethnocentric mentality.

Yes it is overrated, yet has the most expensive real estate assets.

In banana island, 1000 sqm is sold for N450 million. Just only land.

Lekki phase 1, 1000 sqm sells at a minimum price of N150 million.

Note only land without building.

Where else can you get that in the whole of west Africa?

When they said Lagos is one of the most expensive cities in world, unbelievers like you would doubt it.

Can all the 5 eastern states compete with Lagos?
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by cutegoddy(m): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
clap for ursef op. and you made fp with a false information. ;Dclap for ursef op. and you made fp with a false information.
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by doe: 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
This is nothing. The one 2 weeks ago no one could leave the posh slum except with a 4 x4.
I never knew VGC is Lekki main gate!
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by orjaha(m): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
no residents cooperation there, come to my street and see.
are you people waiting for the government , if yes, you go wait tire ooo
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by orjaha(m): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
no residents cooperation there, come to my street and see.
are you people waiting for the government , if yes, you go wait tire ooo
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
jordinsparkles:
your brain has left your skull and the witches in your village are mad over you. Recalcitrant trollop.

koni dafun iya e
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
goodvision12:
oni iranu its your people who are iliterates from a shithole.May thunder from above srtrike you dead on your bed this night,Anumpama!

omo ale, omo jati jati
iranuosi

agbero kobo kobo
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by AzizG550(m): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Abeg that's VGC gate and not Lekki main gate
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by xclusiveguy4(m): 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=ItalianWine post=57834006]Your Pastor has 7 bodyguards and you only have his sticker on your car to Protect you. Is your brain paining you? grin cheesy cheesy

grin[quote author=ItalianWine post=57834006]Your Pastor has 7 bodyguards and you only have his sticker on your car to Protect you. Is your brain paining you? grin cheesy cheesy
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Godson201333(m): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
Well its so funny that everybody wanna be in Lekki but still their living standard remain the same...drainage,traffic and many more...
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by almarthins(m): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Lagos is overrated. Lagos is only good for money making,nothing else. It's among the worst cities on earth due to foolishness of Nigeria leaders.

Na so na just be! Just talk without thinking thoroughly. Why u no kukuma sit down for u village why u come Lagos self?
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by ExInferis(m): 10:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hope those rich SOBs know how to swim
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by laudate: 12:53am On Jun 26, 2017
hemartins:
You say wah?
Most Cities built in such circumstances always face flood. You can't always have your way on nature.

Those saying it's a result of poor drainage probably haven't been to the island.
Have you ever asked yourself why most houses in the island use overhead swimming pool, built in septic, shallow well and rift foundation? It because the water bed is high compared to the mainland.
The problem with that particular section of Victoria Garden City Estate (VGC), Lekki (as shown in that photo), is nothing but poor drainage. angry This flooding occurs each time there is a little rain in that axis, and the stagnant water remains in place for days on end, before it dries up. The drains are too shallow, and are often blocked with silt, sand etc. They were poorly constructed, right from day one. This is why the floodwater cannot flow out. undecided

There are cities below sea level in the Western world, that have solved the problem of perennial flooding. sad The only time you see massive floods in those places, is when there is a hurricane or a typhoon. Here in Nigeria, we are just too lazy to do something about our drainage infrastructure. undecided

Lagos state has an office for drainage services, which was active during Fashola's tenure. Their brief was to unblock the canals, de-silt the drainage channels, and remove illegal structures that blocked the free flow of floodwater. They seem to have gone to sleep since Ambode took over. And to think that VGC residents pay one of the highest land use charges in the whole of Lagos state...shame! shocked

Xclusivedaniel6:
I agree with you to some extent

but no matter how water locked an area might be or how high the water bed is, when dere is a well planned drainage system, water will always find its route.

talking from experience bro as an Architect
God bless you for this submission, bro'. cheesy
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by laudate: 1:00am On Jun 26, 2017
solasoulmusic:
Where do you want the water to go...no be down to more water

I can't live on the island for one reason water rises through walls
This happens when the raft foundation was not properly done, and the house was poorly constructed. It is called rising damp. I have seen it in houses on the mainland, too. sad
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by laudate: 1:09am On Jun 26, 2017
davodyguy:
A lot of people will start posting nonsense now, forgetting that Lekki its self is a reclaimed land, just like banana Island

You guys are very wrong.

Lekki phase 1 and VGC have good drainage systems. I mean very good.

Both estates are reclaimed, hence any little rain, you see flood and immediately after the rain, the water disappear

There are many cities in the world below see level.

Lagos Island, Victoria island, lekki, VGC are not excluded
Guy, hold brake for there!cheesy What section of Lekki and VGC are you talking about? sad Anytime it rains, the VGC entrance just in front of that NICON hotel bought by Jimoh Ibrahim is perpetually flooded. And the flood lasts for days! shocked Last month, it took over 3 weeks for the flood in front of that hotel to recede. The drainage in front of the hotel is shallow, and parts of it have even caved in. Please go and conduct a physical inspection of that area.

In Lekki Phase 1 Estate, that section of the road where Bisola Durosimi-Etti Drive and Omorinre Johnson Street meet Fola Osibo off Road 14, is perennially flooded. When it rains, the whole place turns into a river. Kindly pay a visit there and confirm. The drainage is shallow and blocked. I do not want to list so many other parts of Lekki that get flooded after heavy rains, but please note that the water does not drain off immediately after the rain! shocked

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by DrGoodmanFather: 4:34am On Jun 26, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Lagos is overrated. Lagos is only good for money making,nothing else. It's among the worst cities on earth due to foolishness of Nigeria leaders.

see an Ipod abusing Lagos. Your statement is true about east. Let me refresh your memory. Aba is the dirtiest city in Africa and top 5 in the world.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by holluikon(m): 6:07am On Jun 26, 2017
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by iaatmguy(m): 6:20am On Jun 26, 2017
hemartins:

You say wah?

you are intelligent
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 7:24am On Jun 26, 2017
laudate:

The problem with that particular section of Victoria Garden City Estate (VGC), Lekki (as shown in that photo), is nothing but poor drainage. angry This flooding occurs each time there is a little rain in that axis, and the stagnant water remains in place for days on end, before it dries up. The drains are too shallow, and are often blocked with silt, sand etc. They were poorly constructed, right from day one. This is why the floodwater cannot flow out. undecided

There are cities below sea level in the Western world, that have solved the problem of perennial flooding. sad The only time you see massive floods in those places, is when there is a hurricane or a typhoon. Here in Nigeria, we are just too lazy to do something about our drainage infrastructure. undecided

Lagos state has an office for drainage services, which was active during Fashola's tenure. Their brief was to unblock the canals, de-silt the drainage channels, and remove illegal structures that blocked the free flow of floodwater. They seem to have gone to sleep since Ambode took over. And to think that VGC residents pay one of the highest land use charges in the whole of Lagos state...shame! shocked

amen
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by hemartins(m): 7:50am On Jun 26, 2017
iaatmguy:
you are intelligent
Thanks, you are the boss.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by hemartins(m): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
laudate:

I almost read your post when I saw "the stagnant water stays for days"
You lied through your teeth. The water drain I'm less than a day.
Ponder on this principle if you are intelligent, if you don't understand this then you ain't worth my time.

Water maintain the same level at all horizontal plain and would always flow towards a lower level. Eat that.
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 26, 2017
laudate:

This happens when the raft foundation was not properly done, and the house was poorly constructed. It is called rising damp. I have seen it in houses on the mainland, too. sad

Really maybe those closer to the water but Ikeja environs never
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by eboiga(f): 11:18am On Jun 26, 2017
I sha like my surulere
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by laudate: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
hemartins:
I almost read your post when I saw "the stagnant water stays for days"
You lied through your teeth. The water drain I'm less than a day.
Ponder on this principle if you are intelligent, if you don't understand this then you ain't worth my time.

Water maintain the same level at all horizontal plain and would always flow towards a lower level. Eat that.
No sir. Your response shows that you are not familiar with the area I spoke about. sad Go to the front of NICON Hotel at the entrance of VGC Estate right now, and tell me if the flood is still not there. Is the front of that hotel elevated or depressed? Just check. Also, go right down Omorinre Johnson St via Fola Osibo in Lekki Phase 1 and tell me if the flood is not not there. Take a trip to Dowen College at Rd 14, in Lekki Phase 1 right now and you would still find the pool of stagnant flood water in there. These are routes I ply regularly so please stop peddling ignorance. Do your research before calling anyone a liar. You know nothing about these areas in Lekki.

I will overlook the crack you made about intelligence. Only people who argue from a weak standpoint, take refuge in insults.

Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Nigeriadondie: 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
Pidgin2:
It's not a drainage problem, Lagos is a coastal city and it's below sea level especially the Island, there's no way to avoid seasonal flooding
Liar Miss Lienus Mohammed be feeding people with lies cos u re ignorant. Lagos is never below sea level but about 36 ft above sea level
http://www.worldatlas.com/af/ng/la/where-is-lagos.html
Mumu, I will give u places below sea level. One I know and ve visited is Netherland. Google it.
Stop saying lies like ur 22 hrs everydday light tongue
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by goodvision12(m): 10:03am On Jun 29, 2017
Lakeside79:

omo ale, omo jati jati
iranuosi

agbero kobo kobo
you and your generation shall become koboless and beggars in Jesus name amen.
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
goodvision12:
you and your generation shall become koboless and beggars in Jesus name amen.

Animal in human skin. Has gone wild

Igbo osi
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by laudate: 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
doskie:
to tell the truth, the engineers did a very poor job on that vgc entrance. the road leading to the worship centers very near the banks and club is soo low that you would imagine who did it. that flood is virtually always there. infact there is a pumping machine near gtb atm to pump water off after heavy rains
Oh, why didn't I see this post earlier? shocked God bless you for sharing this. cool This was the point I was trying to make to that gentleman hemartins who was saying that the water at VGC entrance drains off in one day. This spot you mentioned is a perpetually flooded place! It is near the VGC entrance/roundabout close to Car wash/Slicks bar, opposite the old NICON Hotel bought by Jimoh Ibrahim!
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by laudate: 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
solasoulmusic:
Really maybe those closer to the water but Ikeja environs never

Ok, so how would you describe what happened in Ogba area near Ikeja, just yesterday? shocked

LasgidiOnline:
By Lasgidi Online

Ogba area of Lagos yesterday June 29th was flooded after a heavy rainfall, vehicles could not move smoothly as the water covered a busy road and traffic started building up.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-2adRVN7aAZw/WVXvT1tSjEI/AAAAAAADX9Y/TrnRlvM1TFo7L1R1yRnBeLTcjdIix1aawCLcBGAs/s1600/OG.png[/img]
According to reports, the overflow was a result of the bad drainage system in the area.

See more photos below..
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Mcbg7MNj5Yg/WVXvt8pF9UI/AAAAAAADX9c/MeSQOJt6vnIOUfKlwvQqXEo4nFzIjVFdQCLcBGAs/s1600/OG2.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-xDSBx8EXMcc/WVXvup2e2mI/AAAAAAADX9g/t-gvHo114m4MUGHnai2z54D8c2EmkFwIACLcBGAs/s1600/OG3.png[/img]

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/06/ogba-flooded-after-heavy-rainfall.html

lalasticlala
Re: PHOTOS: Lekki Main Gate Flooded by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
laudate:

Ok, so how would you describe what happened in Ogba area near Ikeja, just yesterday? shocked

A clogged drainage system and the terrain not comparable at all look at the level of water

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo Supports Atiku / Buhari To Slash Salaries Of Those Earning Above Minimum Wage - Daily Trust / US, Nigeria Sign Agreement On Abacha Loot Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.