Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Do I Start Snail Rearing? - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Start Snail Rearing? (110936 Views)

Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. / Can I Start Snail Farming With 40,000 Naira Only? Directives From Old Farmers. / How To Start Snail Farming In Nigeria With Little Capital! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by jovaw3b: 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2011
About Jovana Farm

Expert in Fish and Livestock Farming

Prince Arinze Onebunne is the Managing Consultant/CEO of JOVANA FARM. He is a practicing farmer. His hobbies are swimming, traveling, writing and teaching. He has trained a reasonable number of prospective farmers in the fish and livestock industry and keeps good records of his activities/experience. And has written several books about Fish, snail, pig, poultry, Honey Bee-keeping and Grasscutter farming.

Arinze has proven skills in farm design and construction, fish and livestock management and production systems, workplace health and safety, landscaping, sourcing materials, onsite management and supervision. He has over fifteen years experience in the industry and have setup farms and/or consulted in over twenty states in Nigeria and two other countries. He has Engineered TURN - KEY Fish and livestock projects (references available) from initiation to completion and deliver keys to the clients.

Address: 127, Isolo Road, Palm Avenue Bus-stop, Opposite UBA, Mushin, Lagos. Nigeria
Tel No: +2348052168189, +2348033262808, +2348029373076

Email:- info@jovanafarm.com, selfemployment1@yahoo.com, info@schanakagroconsulting.com, agroconsultant3@yahoo.com
http://jovanafarm.com/contact_us.html

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by chikajude: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2011
@namdee. I realy admire ur comitment to d snail farming business. I am a student undergoing a snail farming project nd with d little experience u shared on dis topic i believe it wil go a long way in achieving my goal. I want to inquire on d feeding formula for d hatchlings as dis has realy slowed down my project. Please i would appreciate ur immediate response to my cause. Reply me at chijuiii@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by zogo(m): 11:52pm On Feb 08, 2011
Trust me, Heliculture (Snail Farming) is very lucrative business with very little startup capital required. If you can read and follow simple practical guides, then you can start Heliculture and succeed properly. All you need to know about Heliculture is loaded here: www.snailfarmingng..com

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by afoson(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
Hello Friends,

I want to share this secret with us on Nairaland.com

Do you have a large packing space ,

Do you want to become a car dealer but don't know how to

go about it? or you don't have the cash?

Apply to these companies who will send you 5 to 100 cars without

a obligation, as long as you have a SECURED car parking space.

http://www.cheapcarsinsuranceestate.com/
http://www.freecreditreportings.com/
http://www.naijajobmarket.com
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Jadeng: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2011
Hello Guys,
Just stumlbed on a document for snail farming.

[url]http://www.anancy.net/documents/file_en/517_Snail%20farming%20in%20West%20Africa%20-%20a%20practical%20guide.pdf[/url]

Hope you find it useful.
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by emevelryDrymn: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2011
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 7:52am On May 06, 2011
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by pleep(m): 3:31am On Jun 03, 2011
Hey, do you guys think snails could be exported?
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2011
Snails are exportable.Call THE THY GLOBAL INVESTMENT LTD on +2348023050835 , +2347033632285.
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by zogo(m): 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
you can learn from our experience on Heliculture (Snail Farming). We shall take you by the hand to show you how you can become a professional snail farmer right from your backyard. See details here: www.snailfarmingng..com
Attched is the content of our information.

i will see you @ the top!

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
Practical information is available on snail rearing @ THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS , Tel: +2348023050835 , +2347033632285. Website: http://snailrearing..com/

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by deezzle(m): 10:19am On Aug 15, 2011
for those who wanna go into snail farming like myself, i stumbled upon a document which i am sharing at no cost with everyone. We are who we have so let us empower ourselves.

http://www.anancy.net/documents/file_en/517_Snail%20farming%20in%20West%20Africa%20-%20a%20practical%20guide.pdf

All d best to us

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Samc3: 3:50am On Feb 23, 2012
One of the key factors to understand in any business before you get started or involved in it …is to understand the profit potential that the business offers.

It is no different in the snail farming business.

For those of you contemplating whether to invest in the snail farming business or not,

There are a number of factors that make investing in a snail farm attractive to undertake as an investment.
Here is a quick startup snail rearing factsheet about the profit potential of the snail farming business.

http://www.snailfarmingbusiness.com/blog/start-up-a-snail-farm-business-understanding-the-profit-potential-of-rearing-snails-as-a-business/

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2012
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Jerrico(m): 4:48pm On May 15, 2012
I am a student who is interested on agriculture or should i say rearing of snail, pls if any one have a gud info. On pls help me out, i will be most grateful, here is my email: stevenessi4real@gmail.com, pls any necessary materials dat cn give me a guiedline wil be appreciated pls, course i am realy pls with wat i saw on this i wish they were my bt i cn nt steel i jst need something like dat for my self pls i helps and guidline plssssssssssss any with much details should help me pls 07062252444; pls gud people of nig. Should help me
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 8:16pm On May 15, 2012
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by jerrychristian: 2:22am On May 16, 2012
thx for this blog... help a loooot, i going to start my snail farm soon, im looking for all member to guide me, from where can i get good breeding snail like Helix Pomatia and Achatina fulica, where can i get them? i really neede a guide, thx all
my email excaliburning@yahoo
my blackberry pin 31209055
plz contact me.. gbu
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 5:12am On May 16, 2012
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 5:13am On May 16, 2012
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Jerrico(m): 10:07am On May 18, 2012
i will be most grateful if my request is granted pls i need someone who is a good Nigerian to put me true in this programmed of snail farming i am a student pls
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 9:04pm On May 19, 2012
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by ogbongenet: 3:27pm On May 21, 2012
Quail Farming,quick Cash:

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 2000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.
FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.
TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com.OR ON FACEBOOK:SENIOR AGRICULTURIST OF NIGERIA
Meet you at the top

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Thethy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2012
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by gowaga68: 9:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
Agricbusiness: Agriculture is the next big thing that will drive Africa economy, the whole world are looking toward Africa to feed the world. Should we allow them to come and posses our land again and enslave us again? It's time we take Agric as a Business and eat what we grow.
Looking for Agric Jobs, News, Commodity prices and Market to Advertise your Agricultural Product and Services? Trying to find good seedling? Looking for a Farmland? Browse our classifieds ad. A platform where Buyer and Seller meet. Post a classified ad FREE (Strictly Agricultural related). You can Share your Ad on Facebook and Twitter.

Visit Nigeria 1st and No 1 Agricultural Business Website and stay abreast of opportunities in the Agric sector.

Visit: http://www.agricbusiness.com
Like the Page: http://www.facebook.com/Agricbusiness
Follow on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Agricbusiness
nice move!
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by spendogram: 11:50am On Aug 29, 2012
Agriculture business has to be modernized in other to realize the financial dreams that it was set up to achieve. Using the right tools is very important. However, many business owners over-concentrate on technical tools. They do not use the right financial tools especially in agriculture because it is considered to be the "business of our fore fathers". But the fact is BUSINESSES ARE SET UP AND RUN TO MAKE MONEY.

Using the right financial tools such as SpendoGram can help you see how your business is doing at any instant.It not only monitors your expenses but also tracks your incomes, assets,customers, debts, vendors,profits, business net worth, etc. while you remain anonymous because you choose your own userID.It is mobile/web based.Hence far ahead of ordinary spreadsheets.

Visit www.SpendoGram.com to try it for FREE.

It is an excellent tool for small start up businesses as it does not require any knowledge of accounting.
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by delboy0028: 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
Hi my name is Derek, I live in Ireland and I am interested in rearing snails but don't know much about the business, so is there anyone who can enlighten me and point me in the right direction. All feedback would be appreciated.
Kind regards,

Del
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by creativeideas: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
spendogram: Agriculture business has to be modernized in other to realize the financial dreams that it was set up to achieve. Using the right tools is very important. However, many business owners over-concentrate on technical tools. They do not use the right financial tools especially in agriculture because it is considered to be the "business of our fore fathers". But the fact is BUSINESSES ARE SET UP AND RUN TO MAKE MONEY.

Using the right financial tools such as SpendoGram can help you see how your business is doing at any instant.It not only monitors your expenses but also tracks your incomes, assets,customers, debts, vendors,profits, business net worth, etc. while you remain anonymous because you choose your own userID.It is mobile/web based.Hence far ahead of ordinary spreadsheets.

Visit www.SpendoGram.com to try it for FREE.

It is an excellent tool for small start up businesses as it does not require any knowledge of accounting.

I agree with you comletely. it is one thing to get information, it is quite another to be able to turn that information into money. i attended several business seminars in the past with good business prospects. i even knew people who made money through them, but they just didn't work for me. I acquired the knowledge quite alright, but i couldn't convert it into money. you know, it can be depressing when you have such great expectations and you are disappointed. then i discovered that there are very important things i overlooked inbetween the knowledge and the money. Please learn a few things that can help you make money from your ideas, afterall, i believe you want to do more than eat all the snails, fish or quail you produce. Please see: http://www.howtoturninformationintomoney..com/. This information may make a difference in your business. All the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maize Farming Startup / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. / Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.