Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo (29138 Views)

Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Babinski: 7:11pm On Jun 26, 2017
Unongo is not being entirely honest. Awolowo and Azikiwe were both members of the Nigerian Youth Movement (NYM), the first genuinely nationalist organization in Nigeria. However, in 1941 Azikiwe backed Samuel Akinsanya to be NYM candidate for a vacant seat in the Legislative Council, but the executive selected Ernest Ikoli instead. Azikiwe resigned from the NYM accusing the majority Yoruba leadership of discrimination against the Ijebu-Yoruba members, Ibos and some Ijebu members with him, thus splitting the NYM along ethnic lines.
The same Azikiwe, would in May 1964 after being selected as the first President of Nigeria, give a public lecture on the benefits of tribalism in forging national unity  at the Princess Alexandra Auditorium of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
What I can see from all these is that Zik himself considered ethnicity and tribalism as political tools and only hated it whenever he was at the receiving end. And I guess Awolowo also knew that.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Dedetwo(m): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
Diademk07:

Lmao.

The same weasel who was praying to the mountains when it was rumoured that Trump would send the blacks packing is clamouring for war? Wonders shall never end!

You know what, I will pray for you to get deported to Nigeria so that you can lead your fellow Igbos to their promised land. LOL.

Bros you totally had a wrong person in your wasteful daydream. I am part of the deportation wing of WH. grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by HzRF(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2017
Diademk07:

Ask your stupid Zik in the Grave.. Weasels who wants to lord over people's land. Na your papa property? Go find something to chew on, manipulative weasel.

And let me remind you that your Zik Lord and his fellow eediots bastardized the chance given to them in the West by turning UI to their father's property. It even beats me why we allowed these selfish weasels to perpetrate their evil acts for long. They would have been beheaded if it were in the North.

Awon dindinrin bi ti e loje kii Iran yoruba pada nu" eyan olopolo pipe" ti won Mo wa mo

Because I didn't abuse Azik like u and ur fellow retardeens are doing am I gbo? Oponu poramole

Sum1 levelled an allegation against Awo

U don't agree : prove the man wrong

Instead u are saying trash and openly displaying how dwarf ur thinking faculty is

Go and tell Joe igboekwe to relocate to SE and become spokesman for APC their now
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Diademk07: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2017
Dedetwo:

Bros you totally had a wrong person in your wasteful daydream. I am part of the deportation wing of WH. grin grin

Old dede duru, you will be deported! You must lead your fellow Igbos to their promised land! Can I hear someone say amen?

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Diademk07: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
HzRF:

Awon dindinrin bi ti e loje kii Iran yoruba pada nu" eyan olopolo pipe" ti won Mo wa mo

Because I didn't abuse Azik like u and ur fellow retardeens are doing am I gbo? Oponu poramole

Sum1 levelled an allegation against Awo

U don't agree : prove the man wrong

Instead u are saying trash and openly displaying how dwarf ur thinking faculty is

Go and tell Joe igboekwe to relocate to SE and become spokesman for APC their now

LOL!

Why am I not surprised? Another eediot who stays in Yoruba land yet keeps antagonising us on our land. He can't even speak Yorubaa very well. Don't worry.. Let the North finalise their quit notice first, then we shall see!

Bunch of manipulative weasels!

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by tete7000(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
Marcelo290:
I can't agree more with you, you are very correct. while the likes of Awo and Ahmadu Bello were facing realities and providing free education for her regions, Zik was busy struggling to be and object of national unity which never existed, he came out when the civil war was tense in the boundary between the then Nigeria and Bight of Biafra and raised his both hands up emphasizing one Nigeria... most Igbos would never forgive him for this cos this helped to weaken the Biafran army.

According to him, he wouldn't accent to the division of a country he once struggled to fight for it's independence.

Like I said, if we wake Zik up and ask why he acted the way he did, he will insist it was in the best interest of his nation. These people at some time put their lives on the line for what they believed was good at the times in question. They were human like us with their limitations. No one can see into the future, had they that opportunity, they might probably have behaved totally different. We need to applaud them for the good they were able to achieved, forgive their inadequacies, learn from their errors and see our we can push this nation forward. Ethnic and tribal wars waged everyday on e-media will not solve our problems. We are all victims of circumstances beyond us but we must take responsibility and move forward. It cut my heart everytime I see people tear themselves to shreds online. It is very sad and pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by logica(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
Guestlander:

This was a passage taken from Awo's autobiograhy which was published in January 1960. Read it and ponder on it, that was your nationalist.
His attitude and tactics are eerily similar to what we read from Igbos today.

An article written by Zik himself, published on the front page of the Pilot, and entitled: "'Football Iliad, 1940 Edition'", shocked many people. It was a big step forward in an insidious campaign which had gone on for more than two years on the pages of the Pilot. A football team composed of students of the Christ the King's College, Onitsha, came to Lagos to play a 'Win the War' football match against St Gregory's College. The CKC team from Onitsha defeated St Gregory's team by 5 goals to 4. To the ordinary man in the street, let alone the highly sophisticated elements, there was nothing extraordinary or unusual in one school or college defeating another in a game of soccer. But not so with Dr Azikiwe. He saw in the sporting exploits and triumph of the team from Onitsha the inherent superiority of the easterners over their opponents, and he went to very great pains to establish this fact, by means of careful choice of words and emphasis. These extracts from the article are relevant: And then to think of the great combination of the Spartan heroes who crossed the lordly Niger, journeyed through the good earth of Benin, hurried across the domains of the Oshemawe of Ondo, of the Atanla of Owo, of the Owa of Ilesha, of the Oni of Ife, of the Alake of Abeokuta in their invasion of these islands!
Who, but heroes of mighty brawn and exceptionally developed brain would have dared to make this invasion and to succeed in carrying to their River Niger home, the Golden Fleece of InterCollegiate Soccer Championship of the Eastern and Western Provinces?
Yet they came to Lagos, they saw the irresistible defence put up by their opponents, and they conquered impressively, convincingly, and were graceful even in victory!
Could their achievement be paralleled?
Would it not be better for me to leave the answer to the laps of the gods?

On 24 August 1940, however, the same CKC team played in Ibadan against the Olubadan XI in another 'Win the War' match. The CKC were beaten 3-2 by the Olubadan XI which were an undiluted Yoruba team. Apart from sending the news to the Daily service myself, I also saw to it that it was wired to the Pilot. It was after there had been clamours in the Daily service, in form of letters to the editor, that the news of this Ibadan match was published some two weeks later in the Pilot. Even then, it was a small item on the back page, and it was explained in it that the CKC team were already tired and that some of them were in fact limping, before they went into the field against Olubadan XI. This was of course untrue.
I said before that the CKC episode was a big step forward in an insidious campaign which had gone on for more than two years on the pages of the Pilot. One or two more instances will be given. By the time the Pilot had published for a year, an important feature of the paper had become manifest. The Igbos in particular were given inordinate publicity on the pages of the paper. Perhaps this was as it should be. The Igbo had never had a share in newspaper publicity before the advent of the Pilot. But equally so, no Yoruba man of the class of the Igbos publicised in the Pilot ever had a share of publicity in any paper either. In those days one had to be an outstanding politician, a big shot in society, or a well-connected person, for one's name to appear in the Nigerian Daily Times, Nigerian Daily Telegraph andLagos Daily News. Of course if you had a friend working in the news or composing section of a paper, no matter who you were, you might be slipped in. Names of people like myself appeared in the papers simply because we were agitators or free-lance journalists. All the same, it was generally agreed that the Igbos needed all the boosting they could get.But Dr Azikiwe went about it in a manner which disgusted those of us who were used to describing citizens of Nigeria as Nigerians or Africans, and regarding their achievements as reflecting credit on Nigeria, indeed Africa, as a whole. The following are typical of the titles of front page news items and of editorial articles in the Pilot.

1. ' Ibo Young Man to Sail to U.K.' is the heading of a frontpage story and picture on September 23, 1938. The young man is Mr Jaja Wachuku, now Speaker of Nigeria's House of Representatives.
2. '14th West African Student, 10th Nigerian, 8th Ibo in U.S.A.' Another front-page story on January 28, 1939. The 8th Ibo is Mr Nwafor Orizu, now Senator in Nigeria's Upper House.
3. 'Ibo Medical Student Passes Exam In First Class Honours.' Yet another front page story, on June 26, 1940, of the brilliant success of Dr S. O. Egwuatu.
4. Editorials:
i. ' A Model Union' ( August 8, 1938) in praise of the Ibibio State Union.
ii. 'One Year Ago' ( August 18, 1938) celebrating the first anniversary of the call to the Bar of the first Ibo lawyer, in the person of Mr Justice Louis Mbanefo, now Chief Justice of the Eastern Region High Court.
iii. 'The Ibo Are Coming' ( December 31, 1938) -- The very title is sufficiently indicative of the contents.

These are but a few examples of the publicity given to Igbos as a group. But as against these, the achievements of Yorubas and, in particular, the academic laurels of their scholars received, if at all, inconspicuous notice in the Pilot. When an Igbo did or was about to do something praiseworthy, he was invariably given a two-column headline and report in the Pilot, and was always described by his ethnic origin in the headlines. But when the Ph.D. degree of London University, indeed of any university for that matter, was conferred on the first Nigerian ever, the historic news was given a small singlecolumn space in the Pilot, and the headline read: 'Nigerian Economist Passes Ph.D. London.' The scholar concerned was Dr Fadipe, a Yoruba. As late as 1945, two Nigerian law students of Cambridge University, one Yoruba and one Igbo, passed the Law Tripos Examination. The Yoruba passed with second class honours (upper division), and the Igbo also passed with second class honours but in the lower division. The latter got front page publicity in the Pilot, but the former got a small space given to him on the back page a few days after the report of his Igbo colleague had appeared. As for outstanding Yoruba public men, they were all of them daubed as 'imperialist stooges' and ' Uncle Toms'.

Wow. shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by HzRF(m): 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
jargo89:
It you who is the fool. Asking who introduced tribalism. Is that even a sensible question? Its like asking who introduced racism. Brother you have nothing else to say.
No need to argue with u

Since u can't answer simple question

Black people with black brain indeed
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by HzRF(m): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
Diademk07:

LOL!

Why am I not surprised? Another eediot who stays in Yoruba land yet keeps antagonising us on our land. He couldn't even speak Yorubaa very well. Don't worry.. Let the North finalise their quit notice first, then we shall see!

Bunch of manipulative weasels!

What a shame!!!

Can't keep it up with you anymore

Ur brain has completely percolate

Am fully blooded yoruba man
Igbomina for Ur info
Oke Ila-Orangun in ifedayo

Bye but pls get a brain
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by ivolt: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Can you imagine this mindset..... SMH

The truth is, you can't separate the Yorubas from tribalism!

They are like a collidal solution! Their tribalism is now like a religion, so much so that, even in the Church where I worship, because a yoruba man is the founder, the yoruba people in that Church have turned into a "Yoruba" Church in no time ! So sad, but , that's the truth.

The birth place for all Nigeria's problems is indeed, Tribalism, and the brain that hatched it was Awo, out of obsession to rule!

The problem isn't Awolowo, it is the naive Azikwe who doesn't understand the dynamics of power.
That Azikwe can win elections in old western region proves the sophistication of westerners that
he failed to cement his power is Azikwe's fault, if he had been diplomatic in his antecendents, Awolowo
will have nothing to fear from his potential rule.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Dedetwo(m): 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
Diademk07:

Old dede duru, you will be deported! You must lead your fellow Igbos to their promised land! Can I hear someone say amen?

I promise those nitwits who seem to confuse self determination with war a deserving second and third wars. They will fight war until war becomes nightmare to their bloody asses.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by StOla: 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Zik did not contest for election in SW. His party did. Parliamentary system of government as practised in the UK (which is what Nigeria was practising then) is different from presidential system of govt. U better read it up

Yes his party did, and he also had to contest for a seat and win before he can head the parliament.

So Zik as national leader of NCNC decided to contest for a seat in the fringes of the perimeter of Lagos city which qualified as SW and not Lagos. He won that seat and by default of party leadership would have become the Premier of Western Region where his seat was domiciled.
Yes the NCNC had majority seats, but AG was able to get the support of IPP (Ibadan Peoples Party) and other independents who for some weird reasons, NCNC had counted to be on their side.
That was how the AG alliance formed the majority government ahead of Azikiwe's NCNC.

To cut the long story short, Azikiwe jettisoned his seat in the SW and quickly made the most of some government crisis in the infant administration of Dr Eyo Ita of NCNC of the Eastern Region. The crisis was resolved in a way that Dr Azikiwe became the Premier since he was still the leader of the NCNC nationally and had managed to somehow lay claim to a seat for a constituency in that Eastern Region.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Diademk07: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
HzRF:

What a shame!!!

Can't keep it up with you anymore

Ur brain has completely percolate

Am fully blooded yoruba man
Igbomina for Ur info
Oke Ila-Orangun in ifedayo

Bye but pls get a brain

You can always claim whatever you like, it doesn't make you a yoruba man but an impostor!

Eediot as yourself never saw the article posted on here which talked about Zik not only favouring the Ibos in his editorial column but also differentiating them from other Nigerians by emphasising on their ethnic group as at in the 30's, 40's, decades before Nigeria's independence but ibo eediot as yourself who claimed to be a Yoruba is labelling Awolowo a tribalist for canvassing for Yoruba support in Ibadan which helped him to topple over Zik in the South West premier election.

Only your fellow ipob fools believe you're a Yoruba man. Tainted eediot!

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Diademk07: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
Dedetwo:

I promise those nitwits who seem to confuse self determination with war a deserving second and third wars. They will fight war until war becomes nightmare to their bloody asses.

Don't you think it's a prayer answered to come down and lead them? You will be deported and so shall it be!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by shukuokukobambi: 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
obamabinladen:

Shataaap. I will kill you with the truth.

chest beating as usual angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by hamzeiy: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
checkengine:

It thugs on my heart whenever other tribe mostly the remain 2 majority (Hausa & Yoruba) accuse the Ibo's alleging they take-up all the jobs and businesses in the eastern region and also come to theirs to harass them. It will be worth mentioning that within this country of ours, Ibo's are the most travelled. They are spread all over Nigerian and don't hesitate to build and establish a noticeable presence not out of a back-hand aim to dominate, but for their own comfort.

While the Ibo's are penetrating other regions, their counterparts from other regions sat tight within their own enclave. The few that found their way to the eastern region don't do much outside the confines of whatever it was that took them there. Enugu, Owerri, Umuahia, Portharcourt, Calabar etc, all these places are emerging cities, nobody will stop a Hausa or Yoruba man from buying up properties, taking up jobs or establishing big businesses there. The people of the east have never stopped or usurped the plan of a Hausa or Yoruba man from doing business or owning properties within their region.

In conclusion, their lack of presence in the east is their making and not because they were stopped.
guy stop deceiving your self. they were stoped. we where not alowed to bye a piece of land in your region just because we are muslims and trying to build a place of worship.how do you expect us to stay in a place youre not allowed to practice your faith.if you think the few fragments of mosques in the SE are enough then you should come up north to see the number of churches not in christain dominated areas but in the heart of the muslim population.. just recently a benue man was denied the oppurtunity to build a filling station just because he is a northerner despite been a christain. soo lets get our facts right

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by ivolt: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=positivetaught post=57859695][/quote]

I don't get it, what is wrong in forming a majority ?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by shukuokukobambi: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
Marcelo290:
I needn't read up anything cos I have it all at the tip of my fingers, look for ignorant people you can toss around, Herbert Macaulay was the leader of NYM, and Zik took over after his death, what politics did he play there? he ain't a saint neither, but the point of argument here is that he brought tribal politics into Nigeria, if you accept with that, then case closed, I'm not in the habit of running around in circles.

And when it was time for Zik to vacate the leadership position, whom did he throw up and against whom? Whom did Awo support against whom?

So Awo should have allowed an Ibo man to come become premier of Western Nigeria to prove he wasn't a tribalist? If asking the greedy Zik to go look for leadership in his own homeland is tribalism, i support Awo 101%!! Look for something else to cry about angry

Same folks who wouldn't allow an Awka bishop head a catholic diocese in Imo state in this 21st century of diversity until the Pope himself gave them marching orders are now talking of tribalism. Pls jump into the lagoon if you're truly pained angry

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/233562-pope-wades-into-ethnic-crisis-in-catholic-church-in-imo.html

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by orisa37: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
Paul Unongo is somehow senile now.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by ivolt: 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
APCHaram:

Azikiwe worked closely with Herbert Macauly in agitating for independence.

The National Congress of Nigeria and Cameroun, NCNC was the only national party and was led by Macauly until his untimely death.

After Macauly's death, Awo began scheming by using Yoruba Obas to convince Yoruba party men of the NCNC to defect to his regional tribal party, AG.

Let us be host, Awo not only introduced tribalism but cross carpeting and weakened the southern alliance forever

That man was a devil

Provide evidence of the cross carpeting, it is unfortunate that
ill-informed dunces like you are making blanket statements full of lies.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by chuksanambra: 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2017
Once again, the Igbos have been outplayed, outclassed and kicked out of a thread they created to make animal noises.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Kingkamba(m): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
May you live long for saying the truth sir. For the first time in the history of Nigeria, someone from the northern part of Nigeria has said the bitter truth.
Awolowo introduced tribalism in to Nigeria government.

His e-rats will soon come online to disagree with this old man that witnessed what Awo did.

I have said it earlier that Yorubas are the real problem of Nigeria.
He just told you that he is from middle belt and not north. get it right skunk.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by jargo89(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Marcelo290:
A nice evening to you too Sire, am really sorry if I sounded insulting, never meant to.
Not a problem chief. We are meant to disagree to agree. Apologies from here too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by agaba77: 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
When people cant compete, they claim it is because they are hospitable,. smh
bakynes:
Tribal politics or not it doesn't make sense for an easterners to come to the west to be first Minister. The truth is that for an easterners like Zik even trying to be leader of the western region shows the hospitable nature of the Yorubas.

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=OgaBuhari post=57857753][/quote]

Evans,

No one is in greater need of sense than you

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
Arondizuogu:

For you to call me Evans shows your level of illiteracy. Nationalism is a feeling of pride for your country. We can have both. Be a Regional Government and still have nationalism. Just like the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Thanks. Igbos don't want to dominate you guys as someone wrote, we just feel at home any where we are.

Evans,

You're confused.

You call others Afonja but started foaming in the mouth when you're called your correct name which is Evans.

You claim to want regionalism yet condemned the person you said advocated it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by shukuokukobambi: 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2017
Daddyis:
you mean the almighty northern oligarchy pacify the coward yorubas because of the death of a single yoruba man and didn't bother to pacify the chest beating king Kong Igbos after wasting 3million of your fathers and mothers mmmmh, you guys are fools and nonentity.

as in eh, the guy just said it loud and clear that his ancestors had no single worth or value. 3 million of them died and no compensation? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
checkengine:

It thugs on my heart whenever other tribe mostly the remain 2 majority (Hausa & Yoruba) accuse the Ibo's alleging they take-up all the jobs and businesses in the eastern region and also come to theirs to harass them. It will be worth mentioning that within this country of ours, Ibo's are the most travelled. They are spread all over Nigerian and don't hesitate to build and establish a noticeable presence not out of a back-hand aim to dominate, but for their own comfort.

While the Ibo's are penetrating other regions, their counterparts from other regions sat tight within their own enclave. The few that found their way to the eastern region don't do much outside the confines of whatever it was that took them there. Enugu, Owerri, Umuahia, Portharcourt, Calabar etc, all these places are emerging cities, nobody will stop a Hausa or Yoruba man from buying up properties, taking up jobs or establishing big businesses there. The people of the east have never stopped or usurped the plan of a Hausa or Yoruba man from doing business or owning properties within their region.

In conclusion, their lack of presence in the east is their making and not because they were stopped.

Not true.

Evans people have a way of not allocating Cs of O to non indigenes. In some market areas, the shops of non indigenes are burgled.

Fear Evans people. They can even kidnap anyone's destiny.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
Babinski:
Unongo is not being entirely honest. Awolowo and Azikiwe were both members of the Nigerian Youth Movement (NYM), the first genuinely nationalist organization in Nigeria. However, in 1941 Azikiwe backed Samuel Akinsanya to be NYM candidate for a vacant seat in the Legislative Council, but the executive selected Ernest Ikoli instead. Azikiwe resigned from the NYM accusing the majority Yoruba leadership of discrimination against the Ijebu-Yoruba members, Ibos and some Ijebu members with him, thus splitting the NYM along ethnic lines.
The same Azikiwe, would in May 1964 after being selected as the first President of Nigeria, give a public lecture on the benefits of tribalism in forging national unity  at the Princess Alexandra Auditorium of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
What I can see from all these is that Zik himself considered ethnicity and tribalism as political tools and only hated it whenever he was at the receiving end. And I guess Awolowo also knew that.

Thank you for resetting their Evans brains.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by shukuokukobambi: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
agaba77:
When people cant compete, they claim it is because they are hospitable,. smh

when people lose out in their own wicked schemes and get paid in their own coin, they claim they're marginalized. continue to shake that head!! angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by OgaBuhari: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=Razorblades post=57860557][/quote] you need sense. I pity your condition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria / Nigeria Got Foreign Help Rescuing Katsina Schoolboys – Lai Mohammed / Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.