Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode (590 Views)

Governor Amosun Says His Remaining Two Months Is A Long Distance / Battle For Lagos: Ambode Turns To God As APC Elders Seal His Fate / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by AmuDimpka: 7:20am On Jun 27, 2017
The Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, has said his administration will focus on the state’s power, environment and transportation sectors in the next two years.

According to him, the sectors were crucial to driving social infrastructure in the state.

Ambode, who stated this while addressing reporters on Monday, said: “In the last two years, what we have done is just to create a foundation of a vision that drives Lagos to the next 50 years.

“There is nothing we can do in the next two years that is ever going to be enough. There are three things I want people to watch out for in the next 12 to 18 months, the issue of power, environment and the sanitation as well as transportation.

“I believe those three sectors are the key sectors that can drive every other social infrastructure that we will be dealing with in Lagos.”

He emphasised the importance of a clean and safe environment not just for residents alone, but also for investors willing to do business in the state.

“Lagos must get cleaner and safer, and improve in the way people commute from one place to another.

“One thing with Lagos is the more success you record, the more people want to come into the city,” the governor said.

https://etimes.com.ng/will-lagos-next-two-years-ambode/

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by eezeribe(m): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2017
Working Governor.

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by Dannyset(m): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2017
He is trying. One of the best performing Governors in Nigeria of today. But the levy on the people is way too much. It's really hitting the masses hard in this recession.
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by Lanretoye(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2017
this man is a genius...well done sir!!!

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by AlienRobot: 7:30am On Jun 27, 2017
I thought Fashola was better but Ambode has proven himself well enough to be reckoned with

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 27, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by ayourbamie: 7:32am On Jun 27, 2017
Ambode represents the true change we voted for, unlike some bubu

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by Jazzlite: 7:38am On Jun 27, 2017
When will​you complete the rail projects?
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by flexxyworld(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2017
performing governor.. we though fashola was lagos messiah but you showed up and have done excellently. .. eko o ni baje ooo
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 27, 2017
Best governor ever.

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by PVision2020(m): 7:53am On Jun 27, 2017
“One thing with Lagos is the more success you
record, the more people want to come into the
city,” the governor said.

Them developers always leaving their Paradise in droves to become animals in Zoo-Lagos
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by hisgrace090: 7:54am On Jun 27, 2017
The gov after my own hearth.
Ambo we are behind you.
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by Basic123: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2017
You did nothing!

Fashola is still better.
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by dollarcoolcat(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2017
Ambode is jes carryin out the rest of fashola's game plan... sayin "u thought fashola was good untill ambode showed up to be beta" is a laughable statement. Why not wait till ambo's 2nd spell b4 concludin!

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by Grundig: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2017
At this point, I think Lagos should begin to consider something like "residence permit".

Should Lagos continue the way it is going, it is only a matter of time before its infrastructure become over stretched with influx of people from other states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by wristbangle: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2017
A visionary governor.

Lagos has been blessed with good leadership since the ardent of democracy from 1999.

Grundig:
At this point, I think Lagos should begin to consider something like "residence permit".
The positive aspect of this point is that it will create more revenue base and increased employment rate for the state.

The derogatory side of it is that people will frown at this hence can lead to deportation of some people contributing positively to the state.
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by AmuDimpka: 9:36am On Jun 27, 2017
Grundig:

Should Lagos continue the way it is going, it is only a matter of time before its infrastructure become over stretched with influx of people from other states.

When you consider resident permit, what will you talk about these agbero that came from Osun state and Oyo state...Can they process the forms
Re: What I Will Do For Lagos This Remaining Two Years - Ambode by AmuDimpka: 9:36am On Jun 27, 2017
dollarcoolcat:
Ambode is jes carryin out the rest of fashola's game plan... sayin "u thought fashola was good untill ambode showed up to be beta" is a laughable statement. Why not wait till ambo's 2nd spell b4 concludin!

Gbam

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Livingstone Confession / Uduaghan To Utomi: You’re Only Fit For Councillorship Position, Not Governor / I Am A Product Of Insults ..... Asiwaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.