Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now (485 Views)

We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo / Ahmad Lawan: Nigeria's Security Architecture Has Failed, Needs Restructuring / "Buhari Is Wrong, Nigeria Needs Restructuring" - Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by Rikidony(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2017
Former Military Head of State, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, IBB has called for a restructuring of Nigeria.

General Babangida made this known in his Eid-el-fitri message to Nigerians. He also condemned the spate of hate speeches from different groups in the country.

He said although the country has survived a lot of crisis in the past, restructuring can no longer be wished away.

“Restructuring has become a national appeal as we speak, whose time has come. I will strongly advocate for devolution of powers to the extent that more responsibilities be given to the states while the federal government is vested with the responsibility to oversee our foreign policy, defense, and economy.

“Even the idea of having federal roads in towns and cities has become outdated and urgently needs revisiting. That means we need to tinker with our constitution to accommodate new thoughts that will strengthen our nationality,” he stated in a Channels tv report on Tuesday.

Babangida also advocated for the adoption of state policing, saying that the initial fears that state governors will misuse the officers and men of the state police have become moribund.

According to Channels tv, the former military ruler rounded up his message by appealing to Nigerians, especially the youth to keep alive the dreams of the nation’s founders, insisting that Nigeria has all it takes to lead the African continent by virtue of its population, diversities and sheer determination of its people.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/06/27/ibb-nigeria-needs-restructuring-now/
Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by Rikidony(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2017
I dream of a Nigeria were states like Benue will be producing massive agricultural products and selling it to Lagos.

were Enugu will be producing thousands of electricity Mega watt through coal and selling it to rivers in exchange for cheap oil or money,

were Kano will be exporting agricultural products to Akwa ibom in exchange for oil and expertise.

true federalism is the solution.

lalasticlala
Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2017
Only Yoruba people want to die in this set up...even HausaS are getting wiser than YorubaS
Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by Ratello: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2017
I can tell that Nnamdi Kanu is now making serious sense with his agitations.

2 Likes

Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by blaquemyc: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2017
if restructuring is the way forward then i guess it's high time the govt started working towards it.
Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by Rikidony(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2017
Ratello:
I can tell that Nnamdi Kanu is now making serious sense with his agitations.
Nnamdi KANU would have made lot of sense if he demanded for this, in fact every body would have been chanting Kanu's name all across the nation.

1 Like

Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by blaquemyc: 9:22am On Jun 28, 2017
Rikidony:

Nnamdi KANU would have made lot of sense if he demanded for this, in fact every body would have been chanting Kanu's name all across the nation.
true talk
Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by blaquemyc: 9:25am On Jun 28, 2017
Rikidony:

Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by Ratello: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2017
Rikidony:

My brother "Restructuring" is a common and popular term being chanted by the political conscious high and mighty for the past 1 and half years or so, hence if Kanu had been chanting that it would have just be like the regular noise around and no one would have taken him serious. However, with Biafra (the dreaded word) he launched himself into the hearts of his people both old and young and YES the whole WORLD now see him as an ICON. I hope u understand now.
Re: IBB: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now by sebali: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2017
IBB, why didn't you restruction Niaja as head of state

(1) (Reply)

What A Nairalander Prophesied About Buhari In 2015 (pics). / NASS Plans To Seek Special Exchange Rate For Pilgrims / Very Bad Week For BMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.