Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo (26416 Views)

"Take Over Leadership Now" – Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths / Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 / Why Igbos Should Advocate For Restructuring Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Omooba77: 6:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said Nigeria needs to address the matter of restructuring now.

He said failure to do this might lead to grave consequences.

Obasanjo spoke in Lagos on Saturday at the first memorial lecture of the founder of Oodua People’s Congress, Dr Fredrick Fasehun.

Obasanjo lamented the increasing rate of insecurity in the country, saying Boko Haram had continued to wax stronger over 12 years.

He said Nigeria could not afford to be plunged into another war at this time because such might not be easy to win.

He said, “When I was elected President the agitation was true federalism but now it is restructuring.

“If we don’t address it they may go from restructuring to self-determination and this will be a serious problem.

“If Boko Haram can get external support, any group that decided to go will get support from within and outside. So we must address the issue now.”

The language we are using to address ourselves across the region now is uncouth and it must not continue

“I will continue to fight for Nigeria’s unity until I die. But this fight is not to make my children and my race second class citizens.

“Ti owo o ba se san a ka leri ( If you can no longer swing your hand, then you put it on your head),” he said.

https://punchng.com/we-must-address-restructuring-now-obasanjo/amp/

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by donbachi(m): 6:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
past that...division all the way.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by tsephanyah(f): 6:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good one from OBJ. Also we should figure out what you did to Nigeria with PDP members for 16 years... I hope your daughter av forgive you for what you did to her mother, because of that bimbo. And ur shameless character of infidelity.

18 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by ghettokid1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
Kudos baba

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by awujale231: 7:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
Too late for all these
The evil called Nigeria is breaking

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by chatinent: 7:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
Obasanjo, could you restructure it? Shut up, you ugly man!

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by NextD18: 7:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
Well, Coronavirus is here to change many things in this country, including the restructuring.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by jlinkd78(m): 7:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
Confederation with a central government was d best option then and still now but If I say it d way it's in my mind then secession is d best now. Biafra comes to mind. If u read this OBJ lines with a matured reasoning brain u will understand that somehow he is fed up with one Nigeria and his usually Pan Naijaphilic tendency waning. Words like self determination for d first time is gaining ground and even OBJ doesn't want a one Nigeria wia his ppl will be second class citizen. My advise, OBJ u are old enough be courageous enough and say it without euphemism, Nigeria is over. History will be fair to you if u suggest and support self determination.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by helinues: 7:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Had been it was easy to do, OBJ could have done it in his 8 years as president.

Restructuring in Nigeria will take at least 15 years, that's only if the Nigeria states are ready to find a means of generating their own income instead of waiting for free oyel money..

Bayelsa state with population of 3 million have been receiving 13% cut on oil for how many years now? We are talking of billion of dollars.. Where are they? Any developments to show for it?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by leke12(m): 7:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
The real enemies of restructuring .

5 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by SouthNigerian: 7:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Thanks Baba.

Restructuring might be a good call, but breakup will be de best.

Let the South & the North go deir seperate ways. The future of our children is brighter with the South & North going deir seperate ways, while de future of our children remain bleak with shit unity.

Here is a question for you. Why did God commanded David to divide Isreal in de Holy Bible?

The Nigerian situation can be reckoned to a family of 3 brothers, same father(Africa) different mothers, living together as one. The bros names are Uche, Tola & Adamu. Uche like Fufu & Ofaku soup, Tola likes Amala & Egusi while Adamu likes Tuwo & gbegiri soup.

Now, de 3 bros contributes money to make food, but Adamu won't let Uche & Tola enjoy deir favorite food, he insists dey can't make any other food in de house except Tuwo & gbegiri knowing he'll consume majority cos his bros dislikes Tuwo & gbegiri. Okay fine, let us seperate our pots & make our food seperately, Adamu refused, saying dey must maintain a pot of unity...

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Racoon(m): 7:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Dissolve this skewed contraption lumped up by Lord Lugard.Nothing more.Nothing less.

21 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by MetaPhysical: 7:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
[[s]quote author=tsephanyah post=87061102]Good one from OBJ. Also we should figure out what you did to Nigeria with PDP members for 16 years... I hope your daughter av forgive you for what you did to her mother, because of that bimbo. And ur shameless character of infidelity.[/quote][/s]

We are lamenting national issues you are discussing pdp. Mmmtcccheeew...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
Omooba77:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said Nigeria needs to address the matter of restructuring now.

Obasanjo spoke in Lagos on Saturday at the first memorial lecture of the founder of Oodua People’s Congress, Dr Fredrick Fasehun.

Obasanjo lamented the increasing rate of insecurity in the country, saying Boko Haram had continued to wax stronger over 12 years.

He said Nigeria could not afford to be plunged into another war at this time because such might not be easy to win.

He said, “When I was elected President the agitation was true federalism but now it is restructuring.

“If we don’t address it they may go from restructuring to self-determination and this will be a serious problem.

“If Boko Haram can get external support, any group that decided to go will get support from within and outside. So we must address the issue now.”

The language we are using to address ourselves across the region now is uncouth and it must not continue

“I will continue to fight for Nigeria’s unity until I die. But this fight is not to make my children and my race second class citizens.

“Ti owo o ba se san a ka leri ( If you can no longer swing your hand, then you put it on your head),” he said.

Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB have now brainwashed Obasanjo.
Helinues and afamed will not like this.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii sarrki blackking98

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by wetmenow: 7:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
Some States are tired of breast feeding lazy states.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Afamed: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
immhotep:

Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB have now brainwashed Obasanjo.
Helinues and afamed will not like this.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii sarrki blackking98
Restructuring he didn't mention when he was President for 8 yrs. Obj can continue to deceive you with his usual antics

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by TheFreeOne: 7:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
If Boko Haram can get external support, any group that decided to go will get support from within and outside. So we must address the issue now.”

“Ti owo o ba se san a ka leri ( If you can no longer swing your hand, then you put it on your head),” he said

Thank you baba OBJ.

It's either restructuring or outright separation.

Those are the ONLY workable options cos anything short of that is just self deception and a waste of time.

It will be better we do it peacefully lest the country breaks up violently cos security is fast collapsing and as seen from recent events will get worse.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by mrvitalis(m): 7:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
Afamed:

Restructuring he didn't mention when he was President for 8 yrs. Obj can continue to deceive you with his usual antics
It takes a man to accept mistakes n make attempt to correct them

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Afamed: 7:33pm On Feb 29, 2020
mrvitalis:

Definitely not from the Calibre of person like Obj. He once told us this about Atiku Abubakar in his book:

What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self

The same Obj told us to vote for same Atiku in 2019. Like I said, Obj can continue to deceive people like una for his own personal benefits
If restructuring is coming from people who are sincere about Nigeria progress, it would have been a welcome development but people like Obj, there is more dubious intention to his call for restructuring.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by helinues: 7:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
mrvitalis:

What!!! are you now a preacher of one zoo Nigeria?

The Lord is wonderful grin

5 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Armaggedon: 7:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
“If Boko Haram can get external support, any group that decided to go will get support from within and outside.
Opinion is changing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Simplyleonard: 7:35pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Simplyleonard: 7:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:
Good one from OBJ. Also we should figure out what you did to Nigeria with PDP members for 16 years... I hope your daughter av forgive you for what you did to her mother, because of that bimbo. And ur shameless character of infidelity.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by mrvitalis(m): 7:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

What!!! are you now a preacher of one zoo Nigeria?

The Lord is wonderful grin
Restructuring has always been my first choice

5 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by ChoCho54(f): 8:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
tsephanyah:
Attack the message not the messenger. Your life is not a joy forever.

9 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Xisnin(m): 8:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good call from the ever-active OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by madmohamed(m): 8:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Omooba77:

this man just see denja from Nnamdi kanu.

5 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
chatinent:
Obasanjo, could you restructure it? Shut up, you ugly man!
did you even read the post at all ?

He said during his time, there were calls for true federalism unlike now that we are calling for restructuring.

9 Likes

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Uyi168: 8:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
We dey talk about Watford thrashing of Liverpool,this one dey talk about restructuring...

1 Like

Re: We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo by Built2last: 8:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Restructuring is a theme that won't go away soon

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latest States Debt Profile In Nigeria / Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race / High Profile Corruption Cases Nigerians Expect In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.