Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi (38197 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ephi123(f): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Sometimes, I look at happenings in this country and feel deflated. I've stopped heaping all the blame on our leaders and have told myself the truth that the leaders cone from the stock of society.

We curse the police everyday on this forum and in the physical world but, which are those that go to apply for police work? Mostly people who have given up on life, people who feel they have nowhere else to go. I remember my mom pleading with me not to join the NPF, and I wanted to do so to make a difference. For where?

The maxim, "evil thrives when good people do nothing", is continually manifested in our daily life in this country. The so-called "good people" have left politics for unscrupulous ones, and we have the temerity room hope God does something for us. No. He won't. He already gave us whatever abilities we possess to steer our situation towards whatever direction we think is best.

I'll leave you with a quote by Plato, "those who think of themselves too highly join politics will be punished by being led by those who have no conscience".

Words on marble.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Opharhe: 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

I perfectly share and align with your school of thought on this, oniovo.

A merger should happen among states to enable them cope perfectly, particularly for states with lesser chances of independent survival. Your points are weighty without a doubt. I believe everything will fall in place in due time.

Oghene vwiyo kevwe, oniovo.
Isẹ! Oje diẹ ọtiọyen vwọ kẹwẹ.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by oyatz(m): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
You are obsessed with Lagos and you don't even understand how Lagos works.
1) The population contribution to taxation is in form of personal income tax.
2) The bulk of the taxes that boost the IGR of Lagos comes from companies and corporate taxes, not from spare parts, pirated CD and Lacasera Sellers.
Nigerian Breweries, Banks, Dangote, May &Bakers ,Oando etc are more important contributors than traders at Alaba or Ladipo markets.
3) With secessation , Lagos State will have to directly enjoy taxation on goods imported or exported via its ports/ land borders.
4) Almost the whole countries that will be formed will depend on Lagos ports before they can build deep seaports with commisurate roads/rail networks to evacuate or transpot goods to and from the ports.
5) The manufacturing companies in Ogun/Lagos States will be exporting their products to Onitsha, Uyo, Calabar, Taraba,Bauchi, Sokoto etc

ScotsReferendum:

ODVanguard

Do you collect tax from trees

Do trees engage in economic activities

Once people migrate from Lagos in their millions, what do you think will happen to the Revenue and what impact do you think it will have on future infrastructural development.

Ask Borno state what they are facing now

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by oyatz(m): 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
Bros, stop this delusion of persecution.
You aren't more hardworking or enterprising than the Fulani herdsmen who travel from Funtua in Katsina or Michika in Adamawa to Warri or Lagos on foot, grazing their cattles and moving them to markets for better rewards nor are you more enterprising than the cocoa plantation farmers in the rain forests of Ondo/Osun States or the gold miners of Zamfara State.

9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

For ur information I didn't say Igbos are doing Nigeria a favour. What I said is that Igbos believe in one Nigeria more than all those shouting one Nigeria but filled with hatred in their hearts. I have been to north and I know how they view me there but I ignore them and carry on with my life. What I see is just envy and bad belle towards hard working people

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by 9japride(m): 4:28am On Jun 30, 2017
oyatz:
Bros, stop this delusion of persecution.
You aren't more hardworking or enterprising than the Fulani herdsmen who travel from Funtua in Katsina or Michika in Adamawa to Warri or Lagos on foot, grazing their cattles and moving them to markets for better rewards nor are you more enterprising than the cocoa plantation farmers in the rain forests of Ondo/Osun States or the gold miners of Zamfara State.[color=#006600][/color]

I don't know want u are saying. Every tribe in Nigeria is hard working, but some tribe choose to stay and invest in the area he/she traveled to. But that can't be said for other tribes shouting one Nigeria who are not sincere to invest in another man's land. Then what is the essence of one Nigeria talk. Some tribes needs to stop their violent ways using jobless youths as foot soldiers during disagreement. I am just being real

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 4:31am On Jun 30, 2017
oyatz:
You are obsessed with Lagos and you don't even understand how Lagos works.
1) The population contribution to taxation is in form of personal income tax.
2) The bulk of the taxes that boost the IGR of Lagos comes from companies and corporate taxes, not from spare parts, pirated CD and Lacasera Sellers.
Nigerian Breweries, Banks, Dangote, May &Bakers ,Oando etc are more important contributors than traders at Alaba or Ladipo markets.
3) With secessation , Lagos State will have to directly enjoy taxation on goods imported or exported via its ports/ land borders.
4) Almost the whole countries that will be formed will depend on Lagos ports before they can build deep seaports with commisurate roads/rail networks to evacuate or transpot goods to and from the ports.
5) The manufacturing companies in Ogun/Lagos States will be exporting their products to Onitsha, Uyo, Calabar, Taraba,Bauchi, Sokoto etc

You see why guys like you wrote jamb several times before gaining admission

1) Those companies you mention makes money from selling to the population in Lagos and Nigeria. Once the country divides, the population of Lagos and Nigeria will drop. This will affect their tax revenue to Lagos and Nigeria.

2) The oil they export from the NigerDelta region, is it through Lagos or through ships docked in the Delta region.?

What makes your little uneducated mind thinks that if ships could evacuate oil from the Delta region, that the same medium won't be converted to a port for all kinds of goods

3) So you think we Biafrans will allow products from companies situated in Nigeria to bring in their goods into Biafra to sell.

You must have had a nightmare this morning while sleeping.

Time will tell you guys how separated we really want to be from you guys.

Just get ready to see a high border fence.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by oyatz(m): 7:54am On Jun 30, 2017
Contrary to what people like you think, tribal consideration dont influence much in deciding where to invest but largely determined by economic considerations like closeness to sources of raw materials, infrastructures like electricity and good means of distributions of goods (like seaports/airports, good roads/rail), population with purchasing power,security etc

9japride:

I don't know want u are saying. Every tribe in Nigeria is hard working, but some tribe choose to stay and invest in the area he/she traveled to. But that can't be said for other tribes shouting one Nigeria who are not sincere to invest in another man's land. Then what is the essence of one Nigeria talk. Some tribes needs to stop their violent ways using jobless youths as foot soldiers during disagreement. I am just being real

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by 9japride(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2017
oyatz:
Contrary to what people like you think, tribal consideration dont influence much in deciding where to invest but largely determined by economic considerations like closeness to sources of raw materials, infrastructures like electricity and good means of distributions of goods (like seaports/airports, good roads/rail), population with purchasing power,security etc

[color=#006600][/color]

You are right, all u stated above are true but what I am trying to let you know it's that u will still find a lot of petty Igbo traders in interior communities up north and they relate well with the community inhabitants as well as speaking their language and dressing like them. But how often will u see a Yoruba man or Hausa dressing like the Igbos. One Nigeria talk na for mouth only Eh no dey for action.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by oyatz(m): 2:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
OK, I seeeeeee.
There are millions of Nigerians living outside their States of origin /geopolitical zones but people generally prefer to go to places that give them better economic prospects.
On a lighter notes, we have also witnessed increased intertribal marriages (many of my friends are either products of or partners in such marriages)...then don't forget countless intertribal formication/adulteries that take place every day...can you swear to God that you have never bleeped girls from other tribes/ or have GFs from them?
Tribalism is for elites that stand to increase their share of the national cakes by playing this card, ordinary Nigerians on the streets like Okada riders, shop keepers, food vendors, artisans, students and other hustlers are just looking for what to eat and who can provide it and they are less concern about tribalism.

9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right, all u stated above are true but what I am trying to let you know it's that u will still find a lot of petty Igbo traders in interior communities up north and they relate well with the community inhabitants as well as speaking their language and dressing like them. But how often will u see a Yoruba man or Hausa dressing like the Igbos. One Nigeria talk na for mouth only Eh no dey for action.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by oyatz(m): 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
The problems with poorly educated pro-Biafrans is that they take the enthusiasm for a separate homestead to another realm as if Biafra will be a kind of magic wand that will change everything about the present situations overnight, solve all their problems and grant all their wishes including those premised on irrational feelings of hatred towards Yorubas and other non-Igbo Nigerians.

1) Multinational and indigenous companies in Ogun/Lagos States like Lafarge, Guineas, Nestlé, Cadbury, Dangote, May& Baker, Afprint, Apex mill, Pharmadeko, Roche, PZ etc produce goods that meets the needs of all Nigerians, including those who are the South east, so creation of Biafra and/or hatred for Yolobas/Afonja/Ndi Ofe-mmanu will not abrogate those needs overnight.
Biafrans will still need those products until they are able to build their industrial base.
These companies are different from traders at Alaba or Ladipo markets whose customers need to be within their vicinities.
The companies will still be producing products for people in Onitsha, Nnewi, Okigwe, Mbaise,Oko Nnsuka,Afikpo,Ikot-Abasi,Oron,Owo,Akoko,Iseyin,Dutse,Vom,Biu, Sapele, Potiskum,Gboko Jebba ,Jega,Wushishi or Argungun etc.. Just as Pharmaceutical companies in India produce drugs for people in Nigeria.
2) Seaports are in different categories with different capacities, it will take to transform those ports to meets all the needs of the new Country which doesn't even include Biafra...There is no seaport in Biafra!

3) Imagine 5-7million Igbo's scattered across Nigeria returning to the south east en mass.
Which food plantations has IPOB cultivated to feed them? Which work are they going to do? Electricity generation and distribution nko?
Where is the health care facilities? Which fuel(petrol,Kerosene, diesel, aviation fuel) has Nnamdi KANU stockpiled and for how long will it last?
Who are your dependable allies along the Atlantic coast to grant you access to the outside World?
When the Zoo cut off federal allocation, fuel supply, electricity supply and food supply, how long will it take people to start causing Nnamdi KANU?

4)You guys are high on emotion but deficit in Logic, you need at least 5years of active planning and preparation with unprecedented development in the south east in anticipation for a new Country before you can have a Biafra that will work, otherwise Biafra will be another zone of humanitarian crisis...think very well bro.
Long live Biafra
Long live Nigeria

ScotsReferendum:

You see why guys like you wrote jamb several times before gaining admission

1) Those companies you mention makes money from selling to the population in Lagos and Nigeria. Once the country divides, the population of Lagos and Nigeria will drop. This will affect their tax revenue to Lagos and Nigeria.

2) The oil they export from the NigerDelta region, is it through Lagos or through ships docked in the Delta region.?

What makes your little uneducated mind thinks that if ships could evacuate oil from the Delta region, that the same medium won't be converted to a port for all kinds of goods

3) So you think we Biafrans will allow products from companies situated in Nigeria to bring in their goods into Biafra to sell.

You must have had a nightmare this morning while sleeping.

Time will tell you guys how separated we really want to be from you guys.

Just get ready to see a high border fence.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by 9japride(m): 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
oyatz:
OK, I seeeeeee.
There are millions of Nigerians living outside their States of origin /geopolitical zones but people generally prefer to go to places that give them better economic prospects.
On a lighter notes, we have also witnessed increased intertribal marriages (many of my friends are either products of or partners in such marriages)...then don't forget countless intertribal formication/adulteries that take place every day...can you swear to God that you have never bleeped girls from other tribes/ or have GFs from them?
Tribalism is for elites that stand to increase their share of the national cakes by playing this card, ordinary Nigerians on the streets like Okada riders, shop keepers, food vendors, artisans, students and other hustlers are just looking for what to eat and who can provide it and they are less concern about tribalism.

[color=#006600][/color]

U are a bad guy! When it comes to relationships no tribal boundaries. I too hv had some kind stuffs with girls from other tribes. It's unfortunate that the elite use tribalism and religion to hold the youths in bondage and constant fighting, while they enjoy our collective wealth. In market there is nothing like tribalism, there is something picture Dangote was breaking fast with the elite, I just sweep for our youths. I pray we all get well soon from hatred and unnecessary tribalism. U are on point

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency / Two Killed As Thugs Burn INEC Buses In Akwa Ibom - Photos / APC Logo And Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.