Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi (38203 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 29, 2017
I call that laziness, some of these governors are there to eat the federal allocation not to use their brain to attract investors to their state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by raker300: 5:45am On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

Igbo Jews are betrayers

Like I said south east and north east will suffer the most
all the more reasons you should do away with them.

How can you keep parasites as friends?

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:46am On Jun 29, 2017
raker300:
yes, parasites these igbos are.

Pls I implore you to vote for their exist come the referendum..let us do away with these Igbo parasites.

We're counting on your vote to kick these igbo parasites out of Nigeria...thanks

The Guy you quote ..he's sound intellectually

Quote who you can handle

The guy is sound

I mean very very sound

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by shukuokukobambi: 5:47am On Jun 29, 2017
According to him, “When the issue of Biafra or restructuring is discussed, my heart jumps because Ebonyi State is not ripe for any. Ask yourself, what is it that we are producing? We totally depend on the federal government for allocation. Investors are not coming into the state and our IGR is nothing to write home about, because the idea of an investor is, supposing the allocation that comes from the centre stops, how do I get back my money”?

TRUE CONFESSION FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF SOUTH EAST GOVERNORS FORUM!! cheesy cheesy

Where are those dolts that were saying the 2016 IGR report which placed SE and NE as equals was forged? Chei, this Gov is very honest. He even confessed that their IGR is nothing to write home about and he's meant to be the model Gov in the erosion enclave? cheesy

Abeg when is the referendum. I must vote cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by 9japride(m): 5:50am On Jun 29, 2017
It's a pity that social media gives all kind of characters privilege to air their opinion on the internet. I have been away for a while now due to a long ban by happy keyboard clicker mods. It's unfortunate Sarrki loves anything that portrays the southeasterns in bad light. And he doesn't hide his hatred towards the Igbos. Of only he can direct his energy to his region I believe Nigeria will be great again. It's his like minds that enjoys his posts. Anyway I don't have pity for anyone these days especially we the south people and the true south south people, who are keep quiet in the face of oppression and since we don't read in between the lines of certain characters. These are the kind of people when they become leader if they eventually are voted which I doubt, will transfer their innermost bigotry and hatred towards a particular region with policies that are detrimental to their growth. I thank God it's in my time I am previlged to witness true bigotry in this present political administration. Sarrki leave southeastern matters and face your region. You want one Nigeria but you hate a particular region of that one Nigeria. Goodmorning all and hope you tell the mod to ban me so as to kill my voice. Smh

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by shukuokukobambi: 5:50am On Jun 29, 2017
raker300:
yes, parasites these igbos are.

Pls I implore you to vote for their exit come the referendum..let us do away with these Igbo parasites.

We're counting on your vote to kick these igbo parasites out of Nigeria...thanks

Nwokem, biko when is the referendum? I must vote cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by raker300: 5:51am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:

Uncle raker ,

As you can see, we have been having constructive argument devoid of blabbing above

Please make your points without yearning Opata
you're rambling this man.

Google it, china is producing 10000mw from coal..more than what nigeira has.

Nigerians are too damn shortsighted to live up to her potential.

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Blue3k(m): 5:51am On Jun 29, 2017
Who are the parasites and unity beggars? I'm going to love how certain people's tone will change. The mods to need bring this to front page it's going to be lit conversation.

Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

Even Enugu state too will lose out because there us nothing being produced in Enugu here... coal is already obsolete and no good market or industries large enough to meet up with the state needs .

truth is that more than 30 Nigerian states will suffer.

Umahi is only being truthful and real...states like Ekiti;Osun;kwara will even be worse BC at least Ebonyi has Agriculture which the aforementioned states lacked.

Dont insult...just bring up a superior argument if u have one

Why would you say coal has no value when millions sit in darkness. Second a South African company wants to invest in Enugu. The federal government's goal is to have coal as part of energy mix. I'm guessing as buffer to militants.

The suffering short term. What's the point of being a sovereign state that can't manage it's own finances. Why did they bother agitating to be a state.

Dont bring states like Ekiti, Osun Kwara into the mix. The only state more dependant on federal government is Borno.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by LionDeLeo: 5:52am On Jun 29, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
[i]According to him, “When the issue of Biafra or restructuring is discussed, my heart jumps because Ebonyi State is not ripe for any. Ask yourself, what is it that we are producing? We totally depend on the federal government for allocation. Investors are not coming into the state and our IGR is nothing to write home about, because the idea of an investor is, supposing the allocation that comes from the centre stops, how do I get back my money”?

TRUE CONFESSION FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF SOUTH EAST GOVERNORS FORUM!! cheesy cheesy

Where are those dolts that were saying the 2016 IGR report which placed SE and NE as equals was forged? cheesy

In addition, the emboldened speaks volumes of who the actual parasites are. grin grin grin

This restructuring go make sense die, can't wait to see it materialise.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by freshest4live: 5:52am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:

Bro ,

Are you talking about restructuring ?

Everyman will carry his cross ooo

The way its been practiced in the united states
They can discover new ways to stand on their own, sign agreements with other wealthy regions or with Abuja for private foreign investors.
It doesn't have to be like that of U.S outrightly.
What l'm saying is that the terms and conditions can be debated. Biafra can sign agreement with south south to use their newly developed ports for instance, while they supply other things to the south south region.
Middle Belt can sign agreements with other regions as well, the regions can even encourage more foreign investors at this stage, it's like having about 5-8 new separate countries trying to start all over. There would be city registration in each state that accounts for all data, with no region having more than 6 states and at least 3.
This system is not perfect, and there may be difficulties or set backs, but it is better than what we have now.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by shukuokukobambi: 5:53am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol this clear blow towards secessionist. Remember he's the head of SE governors forum. We need to get them off the feeding bottle system.

Front Page: Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

They are nothing but parasites yet their unruly brainwhased children have the nerve to tag the north parasites. biafra must happen biko cheesy

They're coming to spin this surely but This Umahi get mind sha to talk true like this cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by shukuokukobambi: 5:55am On Jun 29, 2017
LionDeLeo:

In addition, the emboldened speaks volumes of who the actual parasites are. grin grin grin

This restructuring go make sense die, can't wait to see it materialise.

THE SE IS THE TRUE PARASITE AND THIS IS FROM THE MOUTH OF THEIR GOV FORUM CHAIRMAN!! cheesy

Empty barrels making noise all over social media. They would all have died of hunger in their region if not for Nigeria cheesy

Street urchins, touts and jobless illiterates are screaming secession while their elites are even scared of restructuring. I laugh in PARASITISM cheesy

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:58am On Jun 29, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

THE SE IS THE TRUE PARASITE AND THIS IS FROM THE MOUTH OF THEIR GOV FORUM CHAIRMAN!! cheesy

Empty barrels making noise all over social media. They would all have died of hunger in their region if not for Nigeria cheesy

Hmmmmm
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 6:02am On Jun 29, 2017
9japride:
It's a pity that social media gives all kind of characters privilege to air their opinion on the internet. I have been away for a while now due to a long ban by happy keyboard clicker mods. It's unfortunate Sarrki loves anything that portrays the southeasterns in bad light. And he doesn't hide his hatred towards the Igbos. Of only he can direct his energy to his region I believe Nigeria will be great again. It's his like minds that enjoys his posts. Anyway I don't have pity for anyone these days especially we the south people and the true south south people, who are keep quiet in the face of oppression and since we don't read in between the lines of certain characters. These are the kind of people when they become leader if they eventually are voted which I doubt, will transfer their innermost bigotry and hatred towards a particular region with policies that are detrimental to their growth. I thank God it's in my time I am previlged to witness true bigotry in this present political administration. Sarrki leave southeastern matters and face your region. You want one Nigeria but you hate a particular region of that one Nigeria. Goodmorning all and hope you tell the mod to ban me so as to kill my voice. Smh

Please note I don't hate South east and will never

My 3 best friends are south Easterner.

My wife is from south East.

I don't like Igbos I won't hide that
Same way I don't like opc
Same also goes to boko boiz

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by AshiwajuFoward: 6:05am On Jun 29, 2017
Okokobioko cheesy grin What a lazy, parasitic and visionless leader who refuses to see potentials in his own state.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Blizzy9ja: 6:05am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:

Rather I will generate more tax

You will pay all your tax to me in the Omoluabi region

Income tax and even walking, talking tax if their is anything like that

grin
You can tell that to the Igbo man that has refused to invest in the east... We will make you pay for every drop of oil going to the north

I know you're already scared

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by nonsobaba: 6:16am On Jun 29, 2017
That is the lazy abakaliki people i have always been talking about. Just as lazy as their wawa neighbours. All they do is to drag their lazy bones to Anambra state and take to crime in the guise of Ipod and Massob, and when we gun them down, they cry anambra supremacy!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by 9japride(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:

[/color]

sarrki:

[color=#006600]

But most of your post says otherwise. Anyway if you say your wife is from the southeast, that's a good one. They say you work with BMC crew, if so please tell your oga at the top stop selective government and address injustice to the east. A society with injustice can never be peaceful. Igbos are peace loving people who left their homes traveling to other parts of the country to do business because they believe in one Nigeria. Yet they are being attacked due to envy by lazy fellas. As per the issue of Biafria, successive government have been running away from addressing the issues that led to the first civil war, which one day they will get tired and get serious. I don't really blame Ipob they are youth filled with so much energies maybe their pattern of voicing their thoughts may be too harsh but since the rest of Nigerians are fighting the the Igbos, a formidable force has to come on board and defend the Igbo tribe and other minorities for a better future. I leave you to your own opinion, I just wanted to clear some issues with you. All the best man

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ODVanguard: 6:27am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

Even Enugu state too will lose out because there us nothing being produced in Enugu here... coal is already obsolete and no good market or industries large enough to meet up with the state needs .

Umahi is only being truthful and real...states like Ekiti;Osun;kwara will even be worse BC at least Ebonyi has Agriculture which the aforementioned states lacked.

Quit excusing mediocrity and laziness please. And you have absolutely no right to speak for other states abeg. Osun has Cocoa (which is way more valuable than all the combined agricultural produce in Ebonyi) among others, untapped gold, mineral, human and other resources that can be better harnessed and used to develop the state under a better structured system and the state governor has come out in support of restructuring. Ditto Ekiti. Kwara's IGR was better than any SE state's last year and it will only get better this year. You can and should only speak for your state or region abeg. No more room for laziness. You should and must only eat from your sweat.

No food for lazy man.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Sanchez01: 6:32am On Jun 29, 2017
Opharhe:
Umahi i strongly disagree with you on this. Ebonyi state has a lot of potential for wealth creation. There's no state in Nigeria that cannot generate wealth. We're just being lazy mostly mentally.
Whether you like it or not, Nigeria must be restructured or disintegration will become inevitable.
Oniovo, I'd be Frank with you, most states might not survive restructuring, contrary to the opinion of many. Ebonyi, though a state that prides itself in agriculture, would find it difficult to survive under a restructured Nigeria. The same goes for Enugu as coal won't be enough.

I would no doubt prefer a restructured Nigeria but the truth is that most states are not really ready. Some Northern states might not be able to survive on their own as well.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ODVanguard: 6:32am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:
Who are the parasites and unity beggars? I'm going to love how certain people's tone will change. The mods to need bring this to front page it's going to be lit conversation.

Why would you say coal has no value when millions sit in darkness. Second a South African company wants to invest in Enugu. The federal government's goal is to have coal as part of energy mix. I'm guessing as buffer to militants.

The suffering short term. What's the point of being a sovereign state that can't manage it's own finances. Why did they bother agitating to be a state.

Dont bring states like Ekiti, Osun Kwara into the mix. The only state more dependant on federal government is Borno.

Don't mind that boy. His kind are part of the problem. They support mediocrity and laziness, and fail to see abundant potentials for revenue generation that when harnessed can make them more viable.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 6:33am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol this clear blow towards secessionist. Remember he's the head of SE governors forum. We need to get them off the feeding bottle system.

We listen to Kanu and not the polithiefians

If truly he said that, then he should be sold for a bag of rice.

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 6:35am On Jun 29, 2017
9japride:
[/color]

[color=#006600]

But most of your post says otherwise. Anyway if you say your wife is from the southeast, that's a good one. They say you work with BMC crew, if so please tell your oga at the top stop selective government and address injustice to the east. A society with injustice can never be peaceful. Igbos are peace loving people who left their homes traveling to other parts of the country to do business because they believe in one Nigeria. Yet they are being attacked due to envy by lazy fellas. As per the issue of Biafria, successive government have been running away from addressing the issues that led to the first civil war, which one day they will get tired and get serious. I don't really blame Ipob they are youth filled with so much energies maybe their pattern of voicing their thoughts may be too harsh but since the rest of Nigerians are fighting the the Igbos, a formidable force has to come on board and defend the Igbo tribe and other minorities for a better future. I leave you to your own opinion, I just wanted to clear some issues with you. All the best man

All we asked is some level of maturity

From all stakeholders
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Paperwhite(m): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2017
Opharhe:
Umahi i strongly disagree with you on this. Ebonyi state has a lot of potential for wealth creation. There's no state in Nigeria that cannot generate wealth. We're just being lazy mostly mentally.
Whether you like it or not, Nigeria must be restructured or disintegration will become inevitable.
Gbam! My take also.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 6:36am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:

Rather I will generate more tax

You will pay all your tax to me in the Omoluabi region

Income tax and even walking, talking tax if their is anything like that

grin

Once Nigeria collapses, Lagos will also collapse as people migrate back to their various nations to build them.

So forget your dream of taxations.

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by nototribalist: 6:37am On Jun 29, 2017
Pure laziness from the governor. This is a state that can produce tonnes of rice every year.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Freemancipation: 6:40am On Jun 29, 2017
Umahi is exactly the type of leaders that the zoo produces. Leaders that lack the ability and know how to govern their state without federal allocation. Now I know why these governors are scared of Biafra. They will not have access to the systematic corruption that thrives in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 6:40am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

Close your ignorant mouth

Destructive distillation or pyrolysis of coal produces so many chemical products.

When you heat coal in the absence of air, so many chemical products are produced

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Freemancipation: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Once Nigeria collapses, Lagos will also collapse as people migrate back to their various nations to build them.

So forget your dream of taxations.
Exactly I have been telling them that but they keep pretending.

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 6:43am On Jun 29, 2017
olujastro:
Everyone is just talking Restructuring these days. No one is hitting the right notes. Too many public commentators who don't understand the Nigerian situation.
You have 36 governors, most of them are more interested in looting their treasury than in developing their states. You need evidence? The simple fact that a small but rich Bayelsa getting oil revenue can't pay its workers' salaries.
So according to the empty restructuring noisemakers, we "restructure the country" so that a Bayelsa can have all the oil money and increase its looting spree by 1000% while other less viable states (created to appease those who were seeking to become the new state power brokers at the time) will have nothing to even pay only its teachers for years to come, let alone build roads, schools and hospitals.
This is the restructuring I expect smart people to be talking about right now. Decentralisation of the resources as well as the responsibilities. FG takes home 52% of FAAC monies while states and LGAs get about 22% & 26% respectively. Adjust the sharing formula in favour of the states. This in turn will mean more responsibilities for them. Nothing like federal roads henceforth, all major projects in a state will be handled by the state government instead of waiting for Abuja to approve work on a road that is killing your people daily.
The bad side is, if you have a chief looter as your governor, $1tr a month will disappear into thin air the story remains the same.
The bottom line is, if your governor is doing nothing with little; he'll definitely do almost nothing with more money.
The public office holders are largely the problems, not the system.

Then it is left for the Bayelsans to rise up against their elites

Restructuring will definitely lead to a revolution against the polithiefians leading resource rich states like the ND states once they fail to deliver

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by shukuokukobambi: 6:44am On Jun 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Okokobioko cheesy grin What a lazy, parasitic and visionless leader who refuses to see potentials in his own state.

My brother, forget that thing. There's no potential in the SE apart apart what we already know cheesy

Its the truth, not Umahi's fault as he's even a model gov there cheesy

13 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Freemancipation: 6:44am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Close your ignorant mouth

Destructive distillation or pyrolysis of coal produces so many chemical products.

When you heat coal in the absence of air, so many chemical products are produced

Mental laziness and ignorance is the biggest problem in Nigeria. I can't believe what is coming out from some people's mouths.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault / Lady Sacked For Attending Peter Obi Rally Gets Job, Scholarship From OPM Pastor / 2019: Go And Settle With Your God, Not Me; Atiku Tells Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.