Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,072 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. (22041 Views)

Atiku: Promising To Restructure Nigeria In 6 Months Is A 'big Lie' - Keyamo / "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders / You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by BetaThings: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2017
Parable007:
This women have points but hmmmm with all these does this mean Nigeria may never stand as a successful nation again cos the woman talk sense.....see Buhari for instance he is just taking the lives of more than 170m ppl backwards....El rufai came N said he want to do one foolish edit without taking note that it will affect Christians and it also affected Muslims yet he went ahead to promogate it thank God his quite now but we have bunch of wicked and evil men in govt who don't care about other ppls culture and religion. ...what naija need is God not religion.....that thing called religion and ethnicity has killer naija it will take God for us to be united again

Prove it
You are lying as allowed by your religion
No state governor can make an edict during democracy
They send bills to the assembly and same is passed into law and is called law, not edict
Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2017
mrugoooom78787:
Boost your financial Status TODAY!!!
See details below
the bet slip wey i know no dey long like this. My friend go and restrategize
Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by surgical: 9:01am On Jun 29, 2017
praxisnetworks:

She's very sound. Restructuring ko... Recreation ni... To your tents oh Israel.... Or true federalism like the US.
. That is what we are saying and they are threatening everybody with war, this is no longer 1967, nobody is stupid anymore, the Hausa/Fulani will be alone in the war if indeed they want to fight and I don't think they have six hands to fight the southwest, to fight the southeast ,to fight the south south and even the middle belt because non of this people will fight their war for them, everybody want to be free, although the elite who have benefited and still benefiting can continue their chant of indisolubility of Nigeria, they are in minority and doing so for selfish reasons especially the southerners, obj, osinbajo e.t.c

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by warriorPedigree: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2017
burkingx:
angry angry
Biafra matter will soon make you run mad.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by slowice(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2017
The problem with Nigerians is ignorance.. Imagine that we run a constitution that is deliberately designed to favor a particular section of the country while others even though they are well educated are doing "set don look". Yet somebody here will be screaming one Nigeria. The question is was Nigeria ever one. Nigerians re ignorant people who enjoy being lied to n prefer fake unity to a true nation of likes. Restructuring truly can't solve our problems it ll only make some people to feel better. Split this thing already..... Yes it ll be hard for some at first but deliberate n conscious effort + perseverance will drive every smaller unit[nation] to success.

9 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2017
ibkgab001:
I do not believe the part of the story which says Christian or church was never mentioned in the constitution

Then go on and read the constitution. It's online. Use 'Ctrl F' to search for those words. Stop spamming this thread

5 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2017
ibkgab001:
I do not believe the part of the story which says Christian or church was never mentioned in the constitution

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by BetaThings: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2017
SycophanticGoat:
Little wonder their murderers are ley loose after shedding innocent Christian blood up north.

Prove to me that Sharia has been used to kill any christian
You guys just like to propagate your religion with falsehood

SycophanticGoat:
In a sane clime, even if they want to practice Sharia, the federal laws should supersede the Sharia laws and any Christian killed or treated unjustly, should have justice served through the Federal court where there is no conflict of interest. What I'm I even saying? Heck, even the security outfit and the judiciary have been designed to favor only them.

Do Christians have to take permission from their bosses before going for church service?

Let me offer you a deal
Let us re-draft the Constitution and use the Saudi Arabian template and not mention Islam but mention Christianity and churches 500 times

SycophanticGoat:
If you are not Hausa, Fulani or Kanuri Muslim and still see nothing in the way the country is run, then you are not only an enermy of your people but also an enemy to your generations to come.

How was it run under Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by ozoemenaca: 9:05am On Jun 29, 2017
I m happy that you understand this concept of their restructure. Its Biafra we want

6 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by SirChime(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2017
Mulitculturalism is a fool's errand. A nation by its very definition is a collection of people united by common descent, history, culture, and language. The root word of "diversity" is divide.
She said it all .

10 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2017
wordcat:
Nnamdi Kanu should learn from this woman that you can actually make your stand known without insulting anybody.

"Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable."
Aboki only understands koboko

13 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 29, 2017
The North receives 60% of total allocations...This a blatant lie...

According to figures shown, The so called Biafra Region have always received more, so why blame the North for ya misfortunes...

Abia N8.42bn

Adamawa N7.8bn

A-Ibom N34.88bn

Anambra, N8.7bn

Bauchi, N7.9bn

Bayelsa, N22.97bn

Benue, N8.16bn

Borno, N9.74bn

C-River, N4.28bn

Delta, N21.54bn

Ebonyi, N7.56bn

Edo, N6.5bn

Ekiti, N4.97bn

Enugu, N7.86bn

Gombe, N6.35bn

Imo, N7.92bn

Jigawa, N9.66bn

Kaduna, N10.56bn

Kano, N14.02bn

Katsina,N10.05bn

Kebbi, N8.37bn

Kogi, N8.28bn

Kwara, N6.9bn

Lagos, N19.03bn

Nasarawa, N7.41bn

Niger, N9 billion

Ogun, N4.98

Ondo,N10.22bn

Osun, N1.76bn

Oyo, N8.9bn

Plateau, N5.7bn

Rivers, N26.8bn

Sokoto, N9.07bn

Taraba, N6.9 billion

Yobe, N8.33bn

Zamfara, N5.91bn

No states receive allocations as high as the "so-called" Biafra Region

And sadly there is nothing to show for it.

Which brings me to my question; After Restructuring, will there be any difference?
Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by SycophanticGoat: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2017
BetaThings:

Prove to me that Sharia has been used to kill any christian
You guys just like to propagate your religion with falsehood

Do Christians have to take permission from their bosses before going for church service?

Let me offer you a deal
Let us re-draft the Constitution and use the Saudi Arabian template and not mention Islam but mention Christianity and churches 500 times

How was it run under Jonathan?

Sharia law has never been used to kill a Christian in Nigeria but it has been used to judge Muslims who kill Christians and these Muslims are subsequently let loose.

What happened to those demons that killed an Igbo woman in Kano simply because she asked one of them to quit wetting the front of her shop when there are several other places he can perform his abolition?

What happened to the murderes of a Yoruba RCCG woman preaching the gospel in Abuja of which with the express order of the imam, bloodthirsty Muslims murdered the woman?

No need for any change in constitution. I think the woman is right. Let the country be divided into bits, if possible based on tribe so that all tribes can manage their countries and use state sponsored police and military to protect their citizens unlike what we have in Nigeria that the useless military is aiding terrorist herdsmen to massacre others.

16 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by Spidermon: 9:15am On Jun 29, 2017
If the ibos didnt raise this much hell in their quest for biafra, they wont have gotten this far.

The lyrics of Reminisce in "3rd world thug" comes to mind...

"...ni naija won fun e nkan toba deserve on merit, afigba to ba kawon mole pelu ibon "

Translation: In Nigeria you never get what you deserve on merit until you threaten with violence.

Nigeria needs a big reset !!

9 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by vicozy: 9:28am On Jun 29, 2017
ibkgab001:

I hate to interfere in this discussion, but you have given no reason to do that. My bro in our Constitution church/christianity was not mentioned. The only way you can feel that you are Christian/muslim/pegan is on chapter iv , fundamental Right no 38 subsection (1)of it that stated, Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. In many parts of the constitution, Islam, mosque and sharia is mention. For instance if you go to chapter vii (Part 1 and 11) of it, you will see it clearing written. Regards bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by kikake: 9:29am On Jun 29, 2017
cascarino:

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/its-too-late-to-restructure-nigeria-ankko-briggs/

Briggs clearly understands the ugly political machinations of rest of Nigeria against the oil-producing areas.

The Obong Victor Attahs are selfish and insincere.
They have been yawning for political restructuring all their political lives, but deep inside them, they knew that unless crude oil dries up in the oil-producing areas, Arewa and the Muslim section of Yoruba shall never agree to such political restructuring that can make both lose political and economic advantages they currently have.

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by abdul201512: 9:34am On Jun 29, 2017
ANAMBRA SECEDE FROM BIAFRA.

We agree that self determination is the right of every person or group in Nigeria....

That being said... We hereby declare that Anambra state has distanced self from Biafra struggle.

All Biafra activists and agitators are warned to leave Anambra and return to their various states of origin. We are too big to be dragged along by any person or group of persons.

Anambra state indigenes and lawful residents will register and participate FULLY in the forthcoming governorship elections of November 2017 in the state.

THIS IS OUR STAND.

ANNOUNCER ~ ANAMBRA PROGRESSIVE ASSEMBLY:
Copied.

Ojukwu started this cause,he is even in death an illustrious son of Anambra state and a prominent Nigerian. He was given a state burial with the President of Nigeria in attendance. His casket was draped with Nigerian flag. Ojukwu left this earth a Nigerian. He left an instruction to Uwazuruike and insisted that any form of injustice could be resisted and opposed, freedom for his people could be fought for, but not separation from Nigeria. This was Ojukwu's wish and instruction. Anambra son,started this cause and left it.
Did Nnamdi Kanu take permission from Anambra people before he commenced what he can not achieve? Or is he trying to tell the Anambra people that what their son, the great Ikemba couldn't achieve he can?
And the only way to prove that he is an OSU and Efulefu, who couldn't achieve anything in London, is to compete with the great Ikemba and defile his wish and instruction, by asking his good people of Anambra state to go into a collision cause with the Federal Government of Nigeria, by ordering them not to chose who will govern them in a free and fair election.
Anambra people please differentiate the voice of God from the voice of the devil.
You are wise people don't listen to a scammer.

Kanu is making a fool of himself, very soon his paymasters will distance themselves from him. He and his illiterate minions will be dancing alone in the market square naked.

Let truth be told. But with due respect to the right thinking and illustrious sons and daughters of Abia State. Let me ask this questions:-When did an Abia man become wiser than the Anambra man to warrant a confusionist like Nnamdi Kanu to order Anambra people not to vote while his Abia governor is still on seat? Why would the good, wise and hard working Anambra sons and daughters listen to a guy man who kept his wife and kids in London come here to suggest what is capable of destroying the lives of young Anambra youths. Anambra people should not allow anybody to toy with their future and destiny.

Being Igbo does not mean you are an IPOB member, neither does being an IPOB leader makes you the leader of the Igbos!

I WILL ASSUME THERE ARE NO MEN IN IGBO LAND, IF WE ALLOW ONE SMALL BOY TO DRAG ALL OF US TO WAR AGAIN IN NIGERIA THROUGH HATE SPEECH.

Mumu is when you follow a leader who will lead you nowhere, and you are still screaming "ochebey"
Brother, it's time to see you think!
Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by ScotsReferendum: 9:34am On Jun 29, 2017
tizHoodBoyY:

According to figures shown, The so called Biafra Region have always received more, so why blame the North for ya misfortunes...

Abia N8.42bn

Adamawa N7.8bn

A-Ibom N34.88bn

Anambra, N8.7bn

Bauchi, N7.9bn

Bayelsa, N22.97bn

Benue, N8.16bn

Borno, N9.74bn

C-River, N4.28bn

Delta, N21.54bn

Ebonyi, N7.56bn

Edo, N6.5bn

Ekiti, N4.97bn

Enugu, N7.86bn

Gombe, N6.35bn

Imo, N7.92bn

Jigawa, N9.66bn

Kaduna, N10.56bn

Kano, N14.02bn

Katsina,N10.05bn

Kebbi, N8.37bn

Kogi, N8.28bn

Kwara, N6.9bn

Lagos, N19.03bn

Nasarawa, N7.41bn

Niger, N9 billion

Ogun, N4.98

Ondo,N10.22bn

Osun, N1.76bn

Oyo, N8.9bn

Plateau, N5.7bn

Rivers, N26.8bn

Sokoto, N9.07bn

Taraba, N6.9 billion

Yobe, N8.33bn

Zamfara, N5.91bn

Which brings me to my question; After Restructuring, will there be any difference?

Check the Local government allocation to understand how the North loots the South

6 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 29, 2017
NA WAH O.... SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS OUR LAW MAKERS DOING OOO...YET UNA SAY DEM DEY REPRESENT US.......

EVERYTHING IN NIJA IS BUSINESS, EVEN PASTORS ARE AFTER THEIR POCKET...SENATORS TOOO...THATS WHY MILLIONS ARE AFTER NNAMDI KANU..... HIS TYPE IS RARE

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by BiafraIShere(m): 9:37am On Jun 29, 2017
Where are the "we Niger Deltans"? Lol, truth is like pregnancy, you can't hide it for long! Some sections of the zoo especially the parasites that will rather die than live their host must be gnashing their dirty teeth now. I keep telling them that a time will come when the parasites will beg for restructuring only for it to be thrown back at them, but I never knew the time was already at hand! You can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool everyone perpetually. The Indimis, Derives, Danjumas & that hair dresser who is now the richest black woman must be shitting in the pants now. They even said that the zoo is not negotiable, a failed entity that has become an embarrassment to all and sundry yet the looters said it was not negotiable! The just shall live by faith.

7 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by stanisbaratheon: 9:39am On Jun 29, 2017
tizHoodBoyY:

Abia N8.42bn

Adamawa N7.8bn

A-Ibom N34.88bn

Anambra, N8.7bn

Bauchi, N7.9bn

Bayelsa, N22.97bn

Benue, N8.16bn

Borno, N9.74bn

C-River, N4.28bn

Delta, N21.54bn

Ebonyi, N7.56bn

Edo, N6.5bn

Ekiti, N4.97bn

Enugu, N7.86bn

Gombe, N6.35bn

Imo, N7.92bn

Jigawa, N9.66bn

Kaduna, N10.56bn

Kano, N14.02bn

Katsina,N10.05bn

Kebbi, N8.37bn

Kogi, N8.28bn

Kwara, N6.9bn

Lagos, N19.03bn

Nasarawa, N7.41bn

Niger, N9 billion

Ogun, N4.98

Ondo,N10.22bn

Osun, N1.76bn

Oyo, N8.9bn

Plateau, N5.7bn

Rivers, N26.8bn

Sokoto, N9.07bn

Taraba, N6.9 billion

Yobe, N8.33bn

Zamfara, N5.91bn

The figure she's taking about is the total local government allocation, and I believe there are more local government in the north.

5 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2017
BetaThings:

Why should Christian be mentioned when it is default and the the mention of mosques and Islam are the exception

Let me offer you a deal

So you think the constitution is based on a Christian template ? No. It is a peverted imitation of a secular document.
Was it not foisted on us by a Muslim Head of State?
Does Saudi Arabia have a viable template anyone in his right senses would copy ?

Gosh! You guys up there are in the mediaeval ages!

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by Abfinest007(m): 9:42am On Jun 29, 2017
since they don want restructuring let us control our resources they said then let us break up
Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by augustine: 9:45am On Jun 29, 2017
ibkgab001:
Have you investigated and found the statement to be false? If not get a copy of the constitution and establish facts and or fallacies. Your beliefs may be wrong.
Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by kenny987(f): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2017
Pick up a copy of the Constitution and go over it with a fine-tooth comb rather than refuse to believe just because you can. That's lazy!
ibkgab001:

4 Likes

Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by Xano(m): 9:47am On Jun 29, 2017
Thank you Madam.

We are making progress. Quality leaders being bold on greedy mismanagement of this country has increased.

States should control their resources since North is greedy and deliberately withholding progress of other regions.

More revelations to come.

Truth would always prevail.
Re: It Is Too Late To Restructure Nigeria: Ankko Briggs. by kikake: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2017
Freemancipation:
It's too late now. Those trying to use the restructuring game plan to squash Biafra are wasting their time.

Ha ha ha.

Go tell that to Akwa Ibom's Obong Victor Atta who believes he is brilliant as he has all his political life asked for his own type of restructuring that can suit only his state. Even at that, no body would listen to him.

Atta Victor's state gets stupendously rich from 13% derivation through offshore oil. Little or no environmental degradation in his state from oil exploitation.
Therefore he persistently asks for the type of restructuring that can further benefit only his state.

He must have believed that rest of the SS and SE who bear the brunt of environmental degradation from oil exploitation are foolish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okada Ban: Lagos Set To Crush Another 2,228 Motorcycles / ‘30,000’ APC Members From Atiku's Senatorial District Join PDP / Photos From Wike's Swearing In Ceremony For second term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.