Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP (15953 Views)

PDP Rejects N151 Fuel Price, Slams APC. APC Fires Back / Peter Esele: Oshiomhole's Utterances, Huge Embarrassment To Nigeria, APC / The Moment Obasanjo Was Spotted At The Airport As He Jets Out Of Nigeria- APC UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2017
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has slammed the former ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, over its ongoing calls for the restructuring of Nigeria.

The party wondered why PDP suddenly woke up to realize that Nigeria needed to be restrucutured but failed to do so while it was in power between 1999-2015.

Speaking with Nation, Hon. Hilliard Etta, the National Vice Chairman (Southsouth) of the party said, Nigerians needed to give the APC time as it would surely fulfill all electioneering campaign promises.

He said, “I don’t know if it is essentially about the APC. But some Nigerians are very quick to enter judgement when it comes to APC. The APC has been in power for two years and in these two years, you are aware of what has attended our presidency. It is disingenuous for people to now look at the APC and say those types of things that they say.

“If is unfortunately because, whenever these things are done, I think they are just amplifying or reciting the propaganda of the PDP. The PDP was in power for 16 years and never cared about restructuring. Today, PDP is all over the place talking about restructuring. I think Nigerians should be a little patient with us.

“It is unfortunate that the unsustainable sub structure of Nigeria has brought the current agitations in the manner it has come and at this time when the APC is in power. We we are not afraid of the responsibility and the challenges of the time.”

Biafra: We will deal decisively with any group trying to disrupt elections – Police fires back at IPOB

Asked his take on the cries of marginalization, which has lead to one form of ultimatum or the other, Etta said, “there is agitations from almost all parts of the country. The almajaris are agitating for a better life, the Yoruba man is agitating for better governance, the Igbo man is agitating, the Calabar man is agitating.

“There is no ethnic nationality in this country that isn’t agitating. Now we must interrogate who they agitating against and who should they agitate against? I laugh when I hear my Igbo brothers agitating against the Hausa/Fulani, are they to saying that it is the Hausa/Fulani that has marginalized them.

“When I see the Almajiris agitating, are they to saying that it is the Hausa/Fulani that has marginalized them? It is the same thing for the Yoruba, the same for the Igala people, the same thing for the Efik people, the same for the Ibibio people. The truth of the matter is that Nigeria is sharply divided into two; the leaders and others and the people that have marginalized all ethnic nationality are less than one percent of the population of Nigeria and they come from all ethnic nationalities.

“I have done a personal interrogation of those who have superintended over Nigeria and very sadly, I have come to realise only three Hausa/Fulani people have been in charge of Nigeria since independence. The first was Tafa Balewa, the second was Buhari and the third was Yar’dua.‎”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/18/power-16-years-failed-restructure-nigeria-apc-fires-back-pdp/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by nabiz(m): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2017
And so?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2017
nabiz:
And so?
Whether you like it or not it is the truth.
The PDP are trying to pretend like it never had the chance to do so.
But the APC should also know that NIGERIA are a patient people. We gave a chance for that distorted version of Federalism to thrive. It hasn't worked so we need to move on.
They need to man up to their responsibilities. They practically own the NASS.
Restructuring is the only way.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by simplyhonest(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2017
fairly correct... and that's why we voted PDP out... so, APC can do the needful... no time to cast blame on the past.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2017
But Apc promised to restructure the country if voted..
Fashola was among those attacking PDP then now they av been voted in.... They suddenly backed out.
Seems restructure is another kind of slogan used to gain vote

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by IllegalMoney: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2017
grin grin

APC is getting more scared of PDP since Supreme Court sacked their mole Ali Modu Sheriff

I thought APC said PDP is dead
I can vividly remember APC promised Nigerians restructuring during 2015 campaign and restructuring was also expressly stated in APC manifesto
APC is the worst ruling party ever in the history of Nigeria in less than 3 years, the party was formed based on lies, deceit,propaganda,fake promises, unrealistic promises, hatred,vendetta and blame game.
APC has already lost 2019 election, no matter of line or propaganda can save them

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2017
CC Lalasticlala CC MYND44
Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2017
mikeoh:
Fashola was among those attacking PDP then now they av been voted in.... They suddenly backed out.
That would be the next campaign slogan for anyone seeking electoral office come 2019.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2017
CC QUEENOFNEPAL
Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2017
So you wan take your own 16 years before you consider restructuring

Thunder fall on APC and their supporters

26 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Modsenemy(f): 10:48am On Jul 18, 2017
What's with the blame blame and blame at all times , yet no plausible remedy .

We know the 16 years had been a waste and that's why we voted you in to help us out , but the only change we see is blames all the time .

Infanct ,Is the speaker mad?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by chemicalDisease: 10:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Hyenas talking.
They said PDP is dead.
Are APC afraid of the dead?

8 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Prinztong(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2017
During the 16yrs of PDP in power,Nigeria was not divided as compared to just 2yrs of Apc.So the call for restructuring Nigeria is really as a result of lopesided appointment and Selective govt.of the Apc

24 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Jirate(m): 11:02am On Jul 18, 2017
mikeoh:

He is even Sleeping now......

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2017
Ehiscotch:
CC QUEENOFNEPA
PDP never had it in their manifesto to restructure rather it was an APC thing but the masses are today yearning for it so PDP keying into it is a good development

5 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2017
Prinztong:
During the 16yrs of PDP in power,Nigeria was not divided as compared to just 2yrs of Apc.So the call for restructuring Nigeria is really as a result of lopesided appointment and Selective govt.of the Apc
Restructuring is not about division.
Division and agitation is only increasing the pressure.
Restructuring is about delivering the dividends of democracy and good governance.

7 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by hucienda: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2017
Classic example of the 'not-my-turn' syndrome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
PDP never had it in their manifesto to restructure rather it was an APC thing but the masses are today yearning for it so PDP keying into it is a good development
LOL. You never disappoint. Very nice.

1 Like

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2017
APC is the most useless political party on earth. somebody should please hand them the 2014 GEJ confab report.

These people are very mad and useless:<>:

9 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by jpphilips(m): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Ehiscotch:

But the APC should also know that NIGERIA are a patient people. We gave a chance for that distorted version of Federalism to thrive. It hasn't worked so we need to move on.

What is distorted in our Federalism?

1 Like

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by jpphilips(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Restructuring is not about division.
Division and agitation is only increasing the pressure.
Restructuring is about delivering the dividends of democracy and good governance.

Obviously most of you are not smart enough to know that restructuring is the concoction of politicians to have more share from the federation account. Since the fall in crude price.
Most of you are helping the politicians to advance their pockets while you continue in your misery, use your fvcking head!!

6 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by signz: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2017
This is funny cheesy

These people came to power with the Change mantra, why are they insisting on doing things like PDP did (rather worse than PDP). APC = SCAM.

We must restructure if we're to remain on each nation, economics and technology will force us to restructure. The more we delay, the more secessionist gain more support from the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Ehiscotch(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
jpphilips:

Obviously most of you are not smart enough to know that restructuring is the concoction of politicians to have more share from the federation account. Since the fall in crude price.
Most of you are helping the politicians to advance their pockets while you continue in your misery, use your fvcking head!!
I never supported restructuring in the first place for similar reasons but I realised that our current system is not any better. Politicians would always want to cut corners and further dip their hands into the national purse - that's a given.
Like I always say, bad leadership is the bane of our democracy. Restructuring won't halt bad leadership but it would help in so many ways.

1 Like

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by sotall(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
More than 70% of people in APC today are former PDP members. Most of the big names in APC today were former PDP members e.g Amaechi (8 years as governor of river state) , Atiku Abubakar ( 8 years as VP ), and many others.

So when APC says PDP failed, I wonder whether it is the letters in the name or the symbol of the party they are referring to.

Before the creation of APC , many APC members were shouting restructuring, but today they have suddenly become dumb.

As far as I am concerned, APC is PDP, both are scams.

8 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by veraponpo(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Don't mind those PDP elements.

They had 2 Confab resolutions, one under Obasanjo in 2005 and another under Jonathan. The two Confab reports were never used. Now they are preaching many other things.

I laugh when some states like our Eastern States, Osun, Ekiti, etc shouting restructuring. If only they know what it means.

Only about 10 states can cope under such policies. The likes of Lagos, Ogun, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa ibom, etc will cope but about 26 states will have to be closed or suffer for more than 3 years before they shout hallelujah!.

While I support restructuring, it should be carefully planned. Are we talking about fiscal restructuring that will reduce what the center receives and increase what the federating units (States) get?
If yes, it means Federal Government staff will be given back to their states, federal roads, etc will be gven back to states, etc

Is it Devolution of power? which will give major powers like State policing to sub-national governments, etc. We must know what we want from now.

I think our people should outgrow PDP lies.

8 Likes

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by bbbabes(f): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
All I want to see is progress

1 Like

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by muller101(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
They were re looting nigeria and they did it well. So keep quiet and restructure this country
Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
Why is APC bothered nah... Why take Tramadol for someone else's headache
Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by lukotony(m): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
Official. NYSC stream 2 July 26
Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by NwaAmaikpe: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked

PDP is confused.
Trying to use the clamour for restructuring to hoodwink Nigerians.

What did they do in all their years in power?

No 2nd Niger Bridge
No EastWest road,
No credible elections,
No electricity.

They failed
They should allow APC to fail too

When the people have had enough...a revolution will take place and these lying politicians will be butchered.

They can't fool everyone forever.

No political party holds our redemption
Only a revolution will correct this mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by dejavubobo1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
the blame game continues

the niccur above me is that all u have to Say ?
Re: You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP by ozoemenaca: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Everybody is talking about restructuring because of APC bad leadership and worst policies

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rise Up To The Occasion, Don't Fall For Wike's Trick - Secondus Tells PDP / Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion / Buhari @ 76: Igbo Group Drums Support For Buhari`s Re-election- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.