Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. (2297 Views)

Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters / Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nig4Greatness: 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Following the temporary reprieve granted to President Trump fiercely litigated executive order on travel ban restricting certain foreign nationals and refugees from entering the United State for the period of 90 days and 120 days by the supreme court of justice of the United State,here's what to expect..

Travel Ban takes effect June 29th @8pm E.T

WHO CANT ENTER THE U.S?.

The test for foreign nationals under the Supreme Court's ruling is whether one has a "credible claim of bona fide relationship" with either an entity (like a school or a job) or a person living in the US (such as a spouse).
A hotel reservation, for example, will not constitute a "bona fide relationship" under the executive order, but an academic lecturer invited to speak in the US will be exempt.
If you can't sufficiently establish such a close relationship, you are banned for 90 days if you are from Libya, Syria, Iran, Somalia, Yemen and Sudan, and 120 days if you are a refugee from any country.

The new guidelines, sent to US embassies and consulates on Wednesday, say that applicants must prove a relationship with a parent, spouse, child, adult son or daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law or sibling in the US in order to enter the country, according to a cable obtained by CNN.
The cable further describes that other family members -- including fiancees, grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, and any other "extended" family members will not be considered "close family" under the executive order.
The State Department criteria also applies to all refugees currently awaiting approval for admission to the US.
However, these guidelines have not yet been posted by the State Department or the Department of Homeland Security and could be subject to change.
Advocacy groups such as Amnesty International plan to send researchers to US airports, such as Dulles International Airport and John F. Kennedy Airport on Thursday, to monitor developments and observe implementation of the ban in case any disputes arise.

WHO IS EXEMPT FROM THE BAN ?.

The following categories of travelers will excluded from the travel ban, according to the cable:
US citizens
Legal permanent residents (aka green card holders)
Current visa holders
Any visa applicant who was in the US as of June 26
Dual nationals
Anyone granted asylum
Any refugee already admitted to the US
Foreign nationals with "bona fide" family, educational or business tie to the US
Importantly, visas that have already been approved will not be revoked.
The executive order also permits the issuance of a visa to anyone who would otherwise be excluded on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of DHS and the State Department.
Homeland Security spokesperson David Lapan confirmed to CNN that the President's revised executive order "would not affect persons who arrive at our ports of entry with legitimate travel documents."
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Yeligray(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
That way boko haram no go enter

3 Likes

Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nutase: 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
Trump keeps trumping the world.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by chiefbuchiV12(m): 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
I kukuma no like the USA before, wetin I dey find go there when Canada still dey

1 Like

Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by chinybelle(f): 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Why is Nig not on this list tongue
The brain drain is just over the bar
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by ERONX(m): 5:46am On Jun 30, 2017
Way to go Trump.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
yawn
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nig4Greatness:

please unfollow me.

u don follow NL girls finish. na only u waka come?

pease unfollow me, thanks.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nig4Greatness: 12:23am On Jul 02, 2017
WiredLeggings:

please unfollow me.

u don follow NL girls finish. na only u waka come?

pease unfollow me, thanks.
are you 4 real?...who you think I be ??.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Nig4Greatness:
are you 4 real?...who you think I be ??.
i know who you are. i know everything about you. and I know you like following females up and down as if they're going into extinction.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nig4Greatness: 3:31am On Jul 02, 2017
WiredLeggings:
i know who you are. i know everything about you. and I know you like following females up and down as if they're going into extinction.
....hmmmm a troll.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nig4Greatness:
....hmmmm a troll.
hmmm, a Festus.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by Nig4Greatness: 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
WiredLeggings:

hmmm, a Festus.
Festus...are you 4 real??..reply your pm pls.
Re: Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know.. by rchilee: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
Nig4Greatness please I saw your pm, leave your e-mail for me

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Think America Is The Greatest Country / Canada Study Visa Palava / Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.