Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel (21030 Views)

Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million / Kano Okays N4bn For Construction Of Dangi Roundabout Underpass, Flyover (pics) / Court Fines El-rufai N10,000 In Libel Suit Against Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Moreoffaith(m): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
rubbish.
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Oche211(m): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
dolphinife:
A court sitting in Ilorin slammed that much on Sahara reporters

Ilorin for that matter.....and saraki is from Ilorin??

Is saraki that broke??
that's a very important question.
Remember he hired several SANs. Maybe he's broke.
However, sahara reporters aint paying a dime.
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Oche211(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Mynd44:
Smh.
Can you sue BBC to a Nigerian court? undecided undecided
u dey mind then? Jokers everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Gofwane(m): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
dolphinife:
A court sitting in Ilorin slammed that much on Sahara reporters

Ilorin for that matter.....and saraki is from Ilorin

grin buahahaha…

The issue com be like say na children dey play grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Ishilove: 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
Ilorin High Court? undecided

Nigeria IS a theatre of the absurd

3 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by cosby02(m): 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
God bless the judiciary the last hope of the common man
What's common about the man (Saraki) and what's the hope

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by GameGod(m): 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good. Stupid Sahara reporters angry

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by seunmsg(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nonsense judgment! It will be appealed and overturned. I never expected anything less from a compromised Ilorin court.

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Acidosis(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
Why the repeated emphasis on Ilorin?

Do people think life and Nigeria revolves only around Lagos and Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by mayoor15(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
haha... do I say the judge is not alright or saraki himself, who knows ilorin high court...Who is d judge? who he epp ? He should change it from 4bn to 40bn

3 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by lawbabs: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Did you just say common man?

You are wrong! Judiciary, the last hope of the wicked politicians!

2 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by joyAA(f): 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
Dem son buy market

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by slimfit1(m): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
Oche211:

don't worry, saraki isn't getting a penny.

The judge is getting 20% of the money with Saraki we know Nigerian judges. Saraki has Nigerian judges in his poach.
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by EdCure: 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Acidosis:
No, we don't.
But such a ridiculous judgement and the fact that the court granted all the prayer of the Saraki is enough to raise eyebrows and question the integrity of the court.

What's worse, Saraki is the defacto landlord of Ilorin/Kwara where the courts operate as nothing more than his tribunals.

5 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Odeyinigbin(m): 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Haaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Morerin oyinbo
Mumu judge
Broke Senate president
Zoo country
Well,we re watching oo
How can a useless,broke and corrupt judge pronounced such?
I pity d future of dis great country
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Mcreloaded(m): 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
Just wondering please how can this judgement be enforced I am wondering if the law will close down Sahara office online , I really need an answer from learned men of the bar to enlighten me and who will own the money 4billion naira and will the money be taxed also please enlighten me before what happened in 1976 repeats itself here in naira land
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Mynd44: 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
Acidosis:

The question is if you can sue BBC to a Nigerian court. When you answer that, you will see the comedy involved in this

2 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Odeyinigbin(m): 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
lawbabs:

Did you just say common man?

You are wrong! Judiciary, the last hope of the wicked politicians!

Oh boy,I hail o
U get sense pass some pple jare
Judi wat?
Abeg, bar man give me another bottle of cold Heineken
Make I go house go fire mama chi-chi
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by stuffs4me(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
omoadeleye:
Chai. Gbesere oo

I tell you. Omoyele Sowore the brown envelope blogger is in trouble.

This should teach Sowore and other brown envelope bloggers that you just can't be fabricating news without proof. You must be able to provide solid proof of whatever you publish otherwise you would be sued for libel.

Dino never even start him own case o!

Meanwhile, in other news : sowore be like

2 Likes

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by whizzyleejr(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
#4bn!!! Do they want to ruin them??
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

To slap you just dey hungry me. Defender of corruption

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by surgical: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2017
ishiamu:

Ok barrister ngeneukwenu a.k.a ubani
is it Monday ubani of Apc
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
N4b??! How ridiculously outrageous can it get? That's CRIMINAL and unacceptable.
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by Buylekkinownow(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
keep it up with nonsense pranks

I beg check my signature
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by rasco2000me: 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
IT ONLY IN ILORIN JUDGEMENT LIKE THAT CAN BE OBTAIN THEY ARE SLAVE TO SARAKIS FAMILY THEY WANT TO SILENCE. SAHARA REPORTERS PLS SAHARA. SHOULD FILE A CASE AGAIST SARAKIS IN UK OR US THAT IS WERE U CAN GET THROU JUDGMENT.IF ALL ILORIN ARE BEHAND A LOOTER U SHOILD BE READY TO FACE JAHANAMON NO MTER THE QURAN AND GATHERIN U HV U CAN NOT ALL DICIVE ALMIGHT ALLAH
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by bennytrips27(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=CROWNWEALTH019 post=57960319]God bless the judiciary the last hope of the common man.is saraki a common man?mtchewww
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by mokt(m): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
I hate Nigerian Poloticians, Amadioha kill them all.
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by timoteus(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2017
I'm not taking sides here but still on libel
All of you that claim ilorin is slave to saraki, abeg how?
Be mindful of the things you post especially if you can't prove it.

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by ybalogs(m): 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
CUSTOMARY COURT?
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by donqx: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
gbese
Re: Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel by stuffs4me(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
timoteus:
I'm not taking sides here but still on libel
All of you that claim ilorin is slave to saraki, abeg how?
Be mindful of the things you post especially if you can't prove it.

You just nailed it.
I'm with you on this. Like you, I'm also not taking sides, bloggers like Omoyele Sowore should know that they are not above the law. They must be able to provide solid proof of whatever you publish otherwise you would be sued for libel.

Some people don't seem to realise that Saraki's rights as a free citizens has not been waved in anyway.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Receives Ugwuanyi For Southern Nigerian Governors' Meeting / Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals / Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.