Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

DEATH THREATS & HATE Colo. Baker Harassed Over Gay Wedding Cake Refusal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / DEATH THREATS & HATE Colo. Baker Harassed Over Gay Wedding Cake Refusal (384 Views)

Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats / President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Manana, South African Minister Beats Up Lady For Calling Him Gay (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DEATH THREATS & HATE Colo. Baker Harassed Over Gay Wedding Cake Refusal by Nullen: 8:44am On Jun 30, 2017
The owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Colorado, Phillips ignited a national debate after he refused to create a wedding cake for a gay couple in 2012. Since then, Phillips says he has lost a chunk of his business revenue, received death threats and been subjected to vile online reviews.

But that’s not the worst of it, Phillips told Fox News in an exclusive interview. For him, the most trying piece of the whole controversy is the hateful comments directed — even unintentionally — at his wife and daughter.

“In all of this, the threats against me or disparaging comments, the worst part is that I have to answer the phone so they’re not threatening my wife or my daughter when they pick it up,” Phillips said. “They don’t wait to see who’s on the phone. You pick up the phone, they’re already talking.”

http://www.streetcurb.com/2017/06/30/death-threats-hate-colo-baker-harassed-over-gay-wedding-cake-refusal/

(1) (Reply)

Germany Approves Gay Marriage By Mps In Snap Vote (photos) / Message To Iraqi Brothers And Sisters / North Korea Fires Missile Over Japan In 'unprecedented Threat'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.