Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" (33126 Views)

What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Courtney Adeleye, Nigerian Buys A Car For Her Daughter's Teacher / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by shevon: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2017
I can't believe he said it is none of your business. I mean, the school has to be free of charge for him to tell you such nonsense. Even if it were free, I'd remove the child immediately for such insolent rubbish. The nerve of him!!! angry
Why didn't you ask him if he was taught or asked to write about Lawrence Anini or the other thieves that plagued this country during his own time all in the name of current affairs. Kai! What do we have as some teachers now-a-days sef?

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Ichietome: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2017
slawomir:
why are we insulting only the teacher?
the Nigerian police is very stupid for finally turning this guy into a celebrity
the teacher who gave such assignment to a kid is stupid.
the father of the kid who subjected this to a public discussion and opinions is stupid.
who brought this to front page is stupid
those who comment on this topic are stupid
inafct we all are stupid

what a festival of stupidity
You are....
Wait for it....
Crazy.
No doubt about that
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Makapounse(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2017
You are very wrong for intrude and challenging her teacher, if you know better why can't you let her stay at home and teach her everything. We are know story books (pupils use in the classes) contain story of good and bad people and at end of each story, teachers will derive lesson from the story, i believe that teacher will also want the pupils to learn something at the end of Evans Story
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2017
Hahaha nigerians with their creative mindset.. Lets be hoping for a Movie on WHO IS EVANS?
We no dey carry last
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by sweetrace(f): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2017
Mrgreat:
thts too bad. not funny at all.
most times we may think we re trying to correct a thing but rather encouraging it. when those kids finish hearing the good side of d man, u will start things like. aunty i want to be a kidnapper, i want to be like evans. these kids doesn't reason lik us at all.

There is no good side to the man. He is a kidnapper, a murderer, and a violent arrogant man. For kids, right is right and wrong. They won't try to sugarcoat the evils of Evans. You obviously don't understand kids.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Unimaginable123: 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
evansjeff:
are you aware that most students of these days know more about Nollywood, cartoons than happenings around them? same for most ladies today, some can't even tell you the name of their state Governor, or their constituencies because of this approach of "it's only what's in the scheme that should be taught”. Please children should get the knowledge of happenings around them, from there you can build interest in their environment into them.
when u get children, starting teaching about Osama bin laden, shekau, escobar, anini and Evans from kindergarten
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by evansjeff(m): 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Unimaginable123:
when u get children, starting teaching about Osama bin laden, shekau, escobar, anini and Evans from kindergarten
of course I will teach them and the negatives of their evil doings and where it led them to at the appropriate age so they can avoid any acts capable of bringing them to that level, don't teach yours and you may not be as lucky as Evans' father, you may be destroyed by their acts either by themselves or by the authorities. Same way we avoid sex education and yet the children we think we are hiding things from actually know more than us.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by hot1sauce(m): 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
This Is hilarious
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by mechanics(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
it's current affairs, but at that level the question will be difficult for them.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Mikelchinonso(m): 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
That's Nigeria for u!
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Godmother(f): 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Taku555:
if the teacher was rude what then would you call the woman/man? Why would she called the teacher and question him when the assignment has no negative effects on the child? Were you there when she was questioning the teacher? What transpired between them that emanated to such response? Think about these. teachers are trained to be role models, they hardly outer such impolite words except you first invited them. They hardly response harshly to parents. It is how you approach them from the start. There is nothing wrong about the assignment, except you scrap Current affairs. That child would live to tell the story of Evans when she/he grows and know the effects of kidnapping. Most of you were born in the 90's but didn't know about the great Aninih and go. The lesson from Evans is apparent. There is no crime without justification in the end. Seek the topic the teacher taught your ward Madam or oga.

Were you also there to know she didn't respond harshly? Also, your post is filled with assumptions; one being that teachers are trained to be role models. I guess you've never heard of teachers sleeping with female students or the ones teaching that it is right to beat up a woman if she 'runs'. her mouth.

Every parent wants the best for their kids. These kids are very impressionable and can be negatively influenced. I see no bigie in the parent calling the inquire and I maintain the teacher stepped out of line by being rude.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Unimaginable123: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
evansjeff:
of course I will teach them and the negatives of their evil doings and where it led them to at the appropriate age so they can avoid any acts capable of bringing them to that level, don't teach yours and you may not be as lucky as Evans' father, you may be destroyed by their acts either by themselves or by the authorities. Same way we avoid sex education and yet the children we think we are hiding things from actually know more than us.
ur children will end worse than Osama bin laden. Trust me
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by evansjeff(m): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Unimaginable123:
ur children will end worse than Osama bin laden. Trust me
young man, don't just talk, talk with facts, go to the police stations and interview some criminals, know more about their backgrounds...come back and tell me your result.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Unimaginable123: 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
mechanics:
it's current affairs, but at that level the question will be difficult for them.
which current affairs. Primary 2 pupil still learning handwriting. Not SS 2.or year 2 in higher institution

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Unimaginable123: 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
evansjeff:
young man, don't just talk, talk with facts, go to the police stations and interview some criminals, know more about their backgrounds...come back and tell me your result.
you that have been to police stations over and over again, tell me your childhood background.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by mechanics(m): 4:41am On Jul 03, 2017
Unimaginable123:
which current affairs. Primary 2 pupil still learning handwriting. Not SS 2.or year 2 in higher institution
Hahahaha, na true sha, u made a point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi In Pictures! An Eyesore / Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.