Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" (33125 Views)

What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Courtney Adeleye, Nigerian Buys A Car For Her Daughter's Teacher / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by bamdly(m): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
write na 1 popular guy like dat
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by aalangel(f): 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Slurity:
You just reason like a woman

A mother who has her children's future planned out. Not filled with nonsense. Evans is not the only problem, but the foolish teacher's response.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nedfed(m): 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why people calling Evans a notorious kidnapper?
Evans is a Notorious armed robber. His own robbery is even more than that of Anini, shina ranbo, mufu Olosha-oko and Dr Oyenusi.

Am much sure the next question from the teacher will be, who is Nnamdi Kanu?

Cos Evans and Nnamdi are like dis

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by AKWAPROPHET: 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
every event in our country is a topic in the school and in the church
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Casablanca22: 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
You should be happy that he ask of MR Evans de billionaire whom we all know his whereabout and not not Mr Bubu de living ghost whom we dont know his whereabout, now we dey hear say he don kpeme.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Moblord(m): 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good. that's current affairs
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by abels(m): 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Wat rubbish wat concern a primary two student wit evans made teacher, wat even concern evans story wit academics rubbish.. Pls report d skul ASAP

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by adellam16(f): 11:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
Caustics:
should she write on hushpuppi instead?
naaaa on bobrisky. Bu ha ha ha ha ha ha grin
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by adellam16(f): 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
forzarush:
I agree it could be on current affairs to see if the kids listen to news/know what's happening around them, however what your child/ward is taught is your business. The school and the home have to be at par and work hand in hand to build a total child,so paying a visit to the school is in order.
huh? wat consine current affairs with kidnapper?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by smart024(m): 12:46am On Jul 02, 2017
Who is Evans...?
Na d question way dey cause gbege be dis...?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by smart024(m): 12:49am On Jul 02, 2017
Mamalettelive:
My daughter (Primary 2) came back from school and I asked what of her assignment, She said her teacher asked them to write on "Who is Evans?". That they will present tomorrow.

I called the teacher to understand why such an assignment, because I feel it is of no relevance to the positive growth of my child and this man had the guts to tell me that I don't have the right to question what he teaches in his class.

Mamalettes, how do I handle this matter? I am boiling seriously. Did I commit a crime by asking the teacher?

https://www.facebook.com/MamaletteNG/posts/1438247879596325

From all indications, it depends on the way you approached the teacher that made him tell you off outrightly or you do have the right to know what he teaches your child and why so that you too will know the method which you will use to her in doing whatever assignments...

Who knows which EVANS the teacher was referring to...?
It could be EVANS PARACETAMOL, PUBLISHERS or KIDNAPPER...
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 02, 2017
Evans is kind of food,sweet like ....
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Marsnizz: 1:14am On Jul 02, 2017
you shouldn't be provoke because the child suppose to known what is happening currently. it's all about information update.As a father I want you to choose between watching cartoons and network news for your child?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by august2224(m): 1:14am On Jul 02, 2017
OP. pls take up the issue with the HM of dat sch. pupils do not study current affairs in primary 2. the way ur kid's teacher responded to ur inquiry shows u how disrespectful he is and d sort of attribute n lyf style he will impact into d little kids in his care. education is concerned wit good morals, a well-groomed character and lastly, learning. pls insist on seeing d sch curriculum of primary 2 and d connection linking Evans to ur child, lolz
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by VajanahDischaj(f): 1:45am On Jul 02, 2017
The teacher has a point. Making the culture of been inquisitive. What if he asks, 'who is the devil ?' the response from the teacher was {b}epic{b/} cheesy!! According to NL ppl. Lol
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by evansjeff(m): 4:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Stupid comments from most Nairalanders as usual, someone paints his own side of a story and we all start to bash the teacher, has anyone wondered if he probably talked rudely to the teacher to deserve such a response from the teacher?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by evansjeff(m): 4:21am On Jul 02, 2017
august2224:
OP. pls take up the issue with the HM of dat sch. pupils do not study current affairs in primary 2. the way ur kid's teacher responded to ur inquiry shows u how disrespectful he is and d sort of attribute n lyf style he will impact into d little kids in his care. education is concerned wit good morals, a well-groomed character and lastly, learning. pls insist on seeing d sch curriculum of primary 2 and d connection linking Evans to ur child, lolz
This is where you many lots on Nairaland annoy me, are you aware you've only heard the OPs side of the story, and he may have behaved rudely to the teacher to deserve such a response? And who told it's only what's in the scheme that teachers are to teach?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Unimaginable123: 4:51am On Jul 02, 2017
evansjeff:
Stupid comments from most Nairalanders as usual, someone paints his own side of a story and we all start to bash the teacher, has anyone wondered if he probably talked rudely to the teacher to deserve such a response from the teacher?
Why on earth will a teacher give a Pri 2 pupil an assignment "who is evans?" what absolute rubbish is that?
That teacher is so lucky that it's not me that he's talking to
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Unimaginable123: 4:52am On Jul 02, 2017
evansjeff:
This is where you many lots on Nairaland annoy me, are you aware you've only heard the OPs side of the story, and he may have behaved rudely to the teacher to deserve such a response? And who told it's only what's in the scheme that teachers are to teach?
leave the altercation between the op and teacher. In the first instance, what kind of nonsense assignment is that?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by selfmadeboss: 5:34am On Jul 02, 2017
to you saying its so they remember history, na una type yahoo yahoo plus bois suppose dey sacrifice

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by tunde705(m): 5:57am On Jul 02, 2017
Mamalettelive:
My daughter (Primary 2) came back from school and I asked what of her assignment, She said her teacher asked them to write on "Who is Evans?". That they will present tomorrow.

I called the teacher to understand why such an assignment, because I feel it is of no relevance to the positive growth of my child and this man had the guts to tell me that I don't have the right to question what he teaches in his class.

Mamalettes, how do I handle this matter? I am boiling seriously. Did I commit a crime by asking the teacher?

The teacher's response is rude and unprofessional. Go to the school on Monday and talk to the head or proprietor of the school.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by asagbaesiri: 6:23am On Jul 02, 2017
if u don't know d answer, just say, " Evans is a name of a boy" lol
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by laadtech: 6:48am On Jul 02, 2017
Can I have your contact number for some business talk?

Teewhy2:
First of all, you have the right to question what your children's teacher teach them, you are paying your child's school fees and from there the teachers are been paid. You can report him to the school authority.
I don't know why we celebrate mediocrity in this part of the world. Someone is accuse of a high criminal case and that is used as school assignment, so are they encouraging the children to learn about how he accrued wealth in a criminal way, assuming it is in north Korea where this man would have been taken off the surface of the earth immediately no body will be using him as example. Let us stop making this man popular.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 02, 2017
Mamalettelive:

He is poisoning their minds. Probably a cultists himself undecided

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 02, 2017
I don't know why most Nairalanders thinks with their anus? A primary school teacher asks a child to write about a criminal and you call it current affairs.
May God save this nation from the chaos, anarchy and doom that has befallen us. Always think before replying to posts here.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Unimaginable123: 7:53am On Jul 02, 2017
youngprofdguru:
I don't know why most Nairalanders thinks with their anus? A primary school teacher asks a child to write about a criminal and you call it current affairs.
May God save this nation from the chaos, anarchy and doom that has befallen us. Always think before replying to posts here.
I wonder o. A primary 2 pupil should write about a suspected kidnapper and armed robber that have wrecked the families of so many people
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Taku555(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2017
Godmother:
Like someone already pointed out it could be a topic in current affairs, so fits it. However, the teacher was rude to say that to you. You probably should head over to the school to have things straightened out.
if the teacher was rude what then would you call the woman/man? Why would she called the teacher and question him when the assignment has no negative effects on the child? Were you there when she was questioning the teacher? What transpired between them that emanated to such response? Think about these. teachers are trained to be role models, they hardly outer such impolite words except you first invited them. They hardly response harshly to parents. It is how you approach them from the start. There is nothing wrong about the assignment, except you scrap Current affairs. That child would live to tell the story of Evans when she/he grows and know the effects of kidnapping. Most of you were born in the 90's but didn't know about the great Aninih and go. The lesson from Evans is apparent. There is no crime without justification in the end. Seek the topic the teacher taught your ward Madam or oga.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 02, 2017
Ishilove:
What business does a grade 2 child have with Evans? The teacher was very rude and personally I won't tolerate such rubbish

Very rude response from the Teacher but no one knows how the lady asked going by the way lots of Nigerians are arrogant.

There is always another side of a story.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by samazeezat(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2017
As a parent you don't have to preempt the teacher , think it should have been better if you wait for the outcome of the lesson., some topics are just means to an end ,It could make a good topic while teaching MORAL and CIVIC Education. The wrong aspect is the name he added , he shouldn't have done that because that might affect the children psych about whoever bear such name..
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by evansjeff(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Unimaginable123:
leave the altercation between the op and teacher. In the first instance, what kind of nonsense assignment is that?
are you aware that most students of these days know more about Nollywood, cartoons than happenings around them? same for most ladies today, some can't even tell you the name of their state Governor, or their constituencies because of this approach of "it's only what's in the scheme that should be taught”. Please children should get the knowledge of happenings around them, from there you can build interest in their environment into them.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by joshrare(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2017
it may be an opportunity to further drive the evil that some people do just to get money and the consequences if such act.....they will definitely talk on moral lessions nah......

my thought though
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by evansjeff(m): 10:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Why on earth will a teacher give a Pri 2 pupil an assignment "who is evans?" what absolute rubbish is that?
That teacher is so lucky that it's not me that he's talking to
are you aware that most students of these days know more about Nollywood, cartoons than happenings around them? same for most ladies today, some can't even tell you the name of their state Governor, or their constituencies because of this approach of "it's only what's in the scheme that should be taught”. Please children should get the knowledge of happenings around them, from there you can build interest in their environment into them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi In Pictures! An Eyesore / Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) / How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.