Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" (33123 Views)

What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Courtney Adeleye, Nigerian Buys A Car For Her Daughter's Teacher / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by jakesbaba: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:
My daughter (Primary 2) came back from school and I asked what of her assignment, She said her teacher asked them to write on "Who is Evans?". That they will present tomorrow.

I called the teacher to understand why such an assignment, because I feel it is of no relevance to the positive growth of my child and this man had the guts to tell me that I don't have the right to question what he teaches in his class.

Mamalettes, how do I handle this matter? I am boiling seriously. Did I commit a crime by asking the teacher?

https://www.facebook.com/MamaletteNG/posts/1438247879596325

Please you need to visit that school. I won't accept such an assignment for my kids.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by RexEmmyGee: 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Story of Evans is just used to make Nigerians forget about our president while he faces his treatment without people asking about his whereabout
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Drabrah(m): 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Acidosis:
The teacher's response is bad.

That assignment however might serve as an avenue to enlighten the kids about the strategy of kidnapers and the best way to avoid them.

Godmother:
Like someone already pointed out it could be a topic in current affairs, so fits it. However, the teacher was rude to say that to you. You probably should head over to the school to have things straightened out.

Benita27:
What business does a primary2 child have with Evans?, are there not better things in current affairs the child should be taught other than "Who's Evans?".

Based on the teacher's response I could tell it's one of those schools teachers misbehave. So he/she thinks a child's parent has no right in deciding what or what not to teach his/her child?,LOL.

To those saying d teacher is wrong wt her response, I'll say hear d 2 sides of d story b4 judging.
Cos I fear Nigerians wen it comes to reported speech.
Similar thing happened to me jst couple of hrs ago where I asked som1 to "Pls excuse me" in order to see anoda person dat warrants privacy & nxt I'll hear is "he asked me to walk out"

Also, @Benita, a pry 2 pupil has a lot 2 learn at Evans. It's not jst as current affairs or at Evans as a person. It's a bit kidnapping, armed robbery & other vices. Morals can be taught, they can brainstorm on how they can prevent demsefs frm being kidnapped cos kids are soft targets.
Av u ever imagined d intelligence of kids nowadays? Dem no dull like us o! Any pikin we dull for this present generation no get joy @all

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Aburi001: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Godmother:
Like someone already pointed out it could be a topic in current affairs, so fits it. However, the teacher was rude to say that to you. You probably should head over to the school to have things straightened out.
This case be like:

Teacher: Write a letter to your uncle who lives in the UK, tell him how you're fearing in school, economy situation in Nigeria etc. (Write-up should not be more less than 5k words)

Student: Please sir, I don't have an uncle that lives in the UK. Our pastor says telling lies is a sin.

Now, who is right and who is wrong?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
From your post I am sensing you had an attitude towards the teacher for you believed the assignment was irrelevant. I think you used a tone that made him reply in an unpleasant manner.

Both you and the teacher are wrong ma. Mind you, I am only speaking based on what I am sensing given your post.

The assignment is very relavent. At the end of the day people were kidnapped (bad) and lives were lost (2bads) all because of greed (give it a name) and he ended up in jail (greed has that tendency). Very relevant ma. Someone said current affairs, I say + life orientation

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by banmee(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

Oga mi is there any sector in Nigeria that isnt backward
The only sector where Nigerians are ahead of others is in the are of throwing insults,swindling, looting, tribal hate, hatefulness, and greed

Lol. "The swindling sector" grin. I wonder who's the minister?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Olivebranches(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
It depends on your choice words and voice level when asking him the ques
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Olivebranches(m): 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
jagugu88li:
From your post I am sensing you had an attitude towards the teacher for you believed the assignment was irrelevant. I think you used a tone that made him reply in an unpleasant manner.

Both you and the teacher are wrong ma. Mind you, I am only speaking based on what I am sensing given your post.

The assignment is very relavent. At the end of the day people were kidnapped (bad) and lives were lost (2bads) all because of greed (give it a name) and he ended up in jail (greed has that tendency). Very relevant ma. Someone said current affairs, I say + life orientation

Best reply.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by pressplay411(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Homeboiy:
I know ur ranging because u don't know the answer

Evans is Nigerians richest kidnapper in history

he collected $1.2million as ransom

Youre a fowl aswear. Lool

Understanding is everything. Misunderstanding is why countries start a war over nothing.
Whats wrong with the assignment?

Yes, the teacher probably sounded rude on phone as he has a duty to clarify his position, but this might have been provoked by her tone of the conversation as well.
That said, she should simply employ Google for the solution and use the opportunity to educate her child about right and wrong, stealing, kidnapping, security, not talking to strangers, etc.
That I believe was the teacher's intention.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by manikspears: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:
My daughter (Primary 2) came back from school and I asked what of her assignment, She said her teacher asked them to write on "Who is Evans?". That they will present tomorrow.

I called the teacher to understand why such an assignment, because I feel it is of no relevance to the positive growth of my child and this man had the guts to tell me that I don't have the right to question what he teaches in his class.

Mamalettes, how do I handle this matter? I am boiling seriously. Did I commit a crime by asking the teacher?

Since you are boiling you can get a belt and flog the teacher for committing a crime that is punishable by death.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by malware: 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mr. Evans, Commander in Chief of Biafran Developers.

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Raymonbell(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
jagugu88li:

Thank you jare

Conversation btw OP and Teacher

OP: Hello Mr. Teacher

Teacher: Good evening OP, how are you today?

OP: How dare you ask my child to write about Evans

Teacher: Ohh! It's a topic we are discussing and your child will present her findings to her classmates

OP: Never give my child that kind of topic again in your life

Teacher: Excuse me!

OP: You heard me, are you a qualified teacher self?

Teacher: You have no right to question my competency Sir

OP: I paid you to teach my kid, so I do

Teacher: Good day Mr. OP

Teacher bang the phone

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by martooski(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
forzarush:
I agree it could be on current affairs to see if the kids listen to news/know what's happening around them, however what your child/ward is taught is your business. The school and the home have to be at par and work hand in hand to build a total child,so paying a visit to the school is in order.

if it was an assignment then the teacher wanted you to teach your kid the way you wanted them taught.

I can't see the reasons for your argument. sometimes we have to learn about this bad people in order not to be a victim.

years ago we were against sex education now it's back in our schools.. pls just teach your kid exactly what he needs to know about the man EVANS.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by iukpe: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
Godmother:

Please note "straightened out nicely"

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by mykel25(m): 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:

You must have asked the question in a rude manner hence d rude reply... And yes you have the right to question what he teaches your child in school because he is certain he's teaching is in d confinement of syllabus.... Plus your child is only a minority in the class..... If I'm d one I would have said "Oga if you know how n what to teach your child y not keep him/her in your house n teach him.... Next time you ll learn not to talk to a teacher like he's a BROKEASS some have high standard n it's even a privilege to have dem in the school
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Wallade(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Well, maybe you should discuss it with the management of the school since the teacher would rather not have such discussion with you.

I really don't understand the relevance of such topic - Evans - at such tender age and in such class. However, it is necessary to know what the teacher has on his mind before you crucify him. If you are not comfortable with him or the school, you can change the school your child attends.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by edeXede: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
sad

What kind of Daddy are you?

It is better your child learn about the act of kidnapping now when he is young with a fresh brain so he can become a master by the time he turns adult..

Dont you want your child to build you a mansion amd buy you a jeep like Evans did his own?

And dont be afraid, if the police arrest your child, deny that child at first, after three weeks, sue the police for 300billion..
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by paulpery: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
The father is ignorance. You see people look down on teachers so much. If it your pastor that gave that assignment you would run four forty to do research. It because the father is not current, he does know what is fishing at present. The teacher might use the topic to advice the zchildren base on their different findings from home. That Evans is a kidnapper. Then the children might ask who is a kidnapper.? Then he might tell them, who Evans is and give advice. The father is a proud person too. Why not goggle the topic and even use to teach your children. Kidnapping is not in the school curriculum per say. But the teacher know how to adapt the topic for the sake of the children. I know of school that select news item from newspapers and discuss them with children at the assembly ground. Topic ranging from terrorism, rape, crime, current affairs, religion etc. So giving that assignment to parents to assist is no big deal, as long as the topic is not immoral. It for your child benefit and for you too. It the father that annoyed the teacher. he should go and plead with him. He is just ignorance. Africans don't respect teachers too
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by boxypane(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
I am a teacher too... this case is better judged as a case of inexperience or ill manner on the part of the teacher.
the assignment in question should not in anyways be related to C.A, it doesnt have any positive on the child (basic2) for that matter..
why not instead teach them about safety.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by lanzar: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
like the OP said "Assignment" which means you should assist your child in understanding the whole scenerio and make him/her understand why crime isnt good,

but about you saying the teacher was rude...
you called the teacher after the closing period to question him about the assignment he gave your child and you think that is fine!

if you ever taught in a school before, you will get to know that some parents are more rude...
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by patola080(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
SaulRazor:
That teacher is very stupid, is Evans part of his approved curriculum? Please go to the school and report that idiot
And u all blive dis lie ? Op is telling lies just to gt comments he should have back it with d picture

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
Olivebranches:

Best reply.
Baba

Raymonbell:

Thank you jare

Conversation btw OP and Teacher

OP: Hello Mr. Teacher

Teacher: Good evening OP, how are you today?
Make Evans no catch you grin

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Collins10(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
25thJOE:
In Nigeria crime pays. Evans the kidnapper has become a celebrity and even has more fans than most Nigerian entertainers. Who knows he might be a nominee for Silverbirds Man of the Year
Lol. Silverbird no get mind na. Them no go fit give am that award. If it is Times Magazine, they will just hand it over to him shapperly.... You know how many times Hitler and Osama and Stalin don win Man of the Year? Lol.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by talisman35(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
You don't have to be angry, the teacher migth want to teach the pupils how to recognized kkidnappers in the society, we need to let how children understand this ,parents also need to teach their kids ,our children will not be kidnap
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by aalangel(f): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:

Simple. Change the school. What a stupid and disrespectful response from the teacher!!
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Joysmith2: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
slawomir:
why are we insulting only the teacher?
the Nigerian police is very stupid for finally turning this guy into a celebrity
the teacher who gave such assignment to a kid is stupid.
the father of the kid who subjected this to a public discussion and opinions is stupid.
who brought this to front page is stupid
those who comment on this topic are stupid
inafct we all are stupid ..
Confusion itself is confused at d rate ur brain is confused,,, confusion everywhere. ..

what a festival of stupidity

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by riczy(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Wen will some ppl stop bringing personal issues to d media,mtchew
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Slurity(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
if you think that question is irrelevant then you should agree that telling kids that crime, stealing, robbery, or kidnapping is bad is equally irrelevant. Your problem is that your reasoning of how to teach children is shallow. That is teacher is 100% on course. stop boiling
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Slurity(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
aalangel:

Simple. Change the school. What a stupid and disrespectful response from the teacher!!
You just reason like a woman
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by condomuser: 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
Breaking News!!! Evans has been released !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50 Inmates Of Sapele Federal Prison Graduate With Computer Eng. Degrees (pics) / Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi In Pictures! An Eyesore / Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.