Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" (33090 Views)

What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Courtney Adeleye, Nigerian Buys A Car For Her Daughter's Teacher / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by thoollz: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don't think a pry 2 pupil has any business with evans, even if u want to teach d kids on current affairs, there r hundred of things to teach them. This is where Nigerian education has been downgraded to. A result of employing someone that studied fishery or philosophy to teach students (no offence to those that studied the listed courses). If i start mentioning what i see in my kid sister's book, we won't leave here.

Secondly that was unprofessional and this leads me to my earlier point concerning employing just any tom, dick and harry to take small kids. U don't talk to customers because they pay ur salary indirectly.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Maslow80: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
It is current affairs question.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Ilefoaye(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
Evans is the Nigerians richest kidnapper. He collected Millions of Dollar as ransom.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Abfinest007(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
I hope Evans be parti of Nigeria history
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
That teacher is a coward..
He forgot the most important assignment, which is.. where is Buhari

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by holluphemydavid(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
E don be for Evans ooooo
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by mmsen: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
Being able to digest news and put it into their own words is an important skill, it's called reading comprehension.

You people are too fond of crying about everything.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by whizzyleejr(m): 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
What type of assignment is that, will it be part of her common entrance exam
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by banmee(m): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Godmother:
Like someone already pointed out it could be a topic in current affairs, so fits it. However, the teacher was rude to say that to you. You probably should head over to the school to have things straightened out.

The Nigeria educational system is just asss backwards. It is one of the reasons the country is the way it is since they are not being taught anything to begin with. It's people are still stuck in the 50's mentally. Smh.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Adelekeee: 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
What we are not asking the parent is the tone he/she used to ask the question... respect is reciprocal....something must have gone wrong in d approach d parent used... but if otherwise... then d teacher should be corrected....

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by udemzyudex(m): 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
You look at this way, I guess the teacher is trying to teach them about crime and the harm it does to the society using one of the trending man in town as an example since a lot of people must have read or heard about him.

However, the teacher was rude and I'll advice you see the head master/mistress
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Jetland(m): 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Rayplanetz:

https://nigeria50.biz/?i=valentinereuben00@gmail.com
I have watched your animation and I really like. I have given u a tomb up. Can u teach me animation?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Kennitrust(m): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Homeboiy:
I know ur ranging because u don't know the answer

Evans is Nigerians richest kidnapper in history

he collected $1.2million as ransom
very correct, clap for urself
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by alizma: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Benita27:
What business does a primary2 child have with Evans?, are there not better things in current affairs the child should be taught other than "Who's Evans?".

Based on the teacher's response I could tell it's one of those schools teachers misbehave. So he/she thinks a child's parent has no right in deciding what or what not to teach his/her child?,LOL.
there are 3most current topics in Nigeria now.
1) The quit notice by the northern youths
2) The Billionaire, kidnappers kingpin called Evans and
3) Agitation for Biafra republic.
I think the teacher skip no.1 for no.2 because no.1 may create hatred and fear of loosing some friends in your child's mind depending on your tribe.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Myself2(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Homeboiy:
I know ur ranging because u don't know the answer

Evans is Nigerians richest kidnapper in history

he collected $1.2million as ransom

Ranging shocked shocked shocked shocked
Illiterates and semi illiterates everywhere on nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Coolgent(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why not ask them Who is Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo & Zik instead of evans the dread criminal

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by LordOfNaira: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:
My daughter (Primary 2) came back from school and I asked what of her assignment, She said her teacher asked them to write on "Who is Evans?". That they will present tomorrow.

I called the teacher to understand why such an assignment, because I feel it is of no relevance to the positive growth of my child and this man had the guts to tell me that I don't have the right to question what he teaches in his class.

Mamalettes, how do I handle this matter? I am boiling seriously. Did I commit a crime by asking the teacher?

https://www.facebook.com/MamaletteNG/posts/1438247879596325

Before we all accuse the teacher of responding rudely to inquiries, we must also put into consideration the parent's manner of asking the question. For those who have taught in schools, you would agree with me that some parents can be very mannerless. Respect is reciprocal.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Gabz4grace: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
may GOD hv mercy on us[color=#000099][/color] smiley
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Jottel(m): 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Actually, I even hear of similar cases where school students are given weekend assignments about this same EVANS....
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by malcom2x(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
I'm short of words, honestly i just wiped the lengthy text i took my time to time to type ON A SECOND THOUGHT that he might have his good reasons for such.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by BlackyOne: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
so now Evans is now a topic in current affairs abi, soon they will be asking who is anini...
4 primary school
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:
My daughter (Primary 2) came back from school and I asked what of her assignment, She said her teacher asked them to write on "Who is Evans?". That they will present tomorrow.

I called the teacher to understand why such an assignment, because I feel it is of no relevance to the positive growth of my child and this man had the guts to tell me that I don't have the right to question what he teaches in his class.

Mamalettes, how do I handle this matter? I am boiling seriously. Did I commit a crime by asking the teacher?

but I think its of good idea for u to allow the teacher to educate his/her student about who Evans actually is... Thru this, the pupil would be taught not to take to crime
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Mcreloaded(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
You are lucky the teacher did not add Oyelusi and Anini to the topic your eye for clear.
All the same the teach was rude to have answered you like that just avoid him for now, and if he tries it next time , I release you to cure his craze

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Benteroine(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:

They should write on the DRAKE THAT NEVER CAME CLOSER grin
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by H2Ossss(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mamalettelive:

1 question... How did you ask the teacher... I believe you got such a response because your mode of asking the teacher might have been rude

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Jaqenhghar: 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
banmee:

The Nigeria educational system is just asss backwards. It is one of the reasons the country is the way it is since they are not being taught anything to begin with. It's people are still stuck in the 50's mentally. Smh.
Oga mi is there any sector in Nigeria that isnt backward
The only sector where Nigerians are ahead of others is in the are of throwing insults,swindling, looting, tribal hate, hatefulness, and greed
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Wittysmith(m): 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
why should we expect high standards from the average Nigerian teacher?

Most of the teachers in our private schools are secondary school dropouts. And in schools where parents pay exorbitant tuition fees, the best teachers are often pass, third class and 2.2 graduates. Those who teach in public schools are products of glorified secondary schools called colleges of education.

Our entire country is sick and needs the attention of competent physicians.
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by jbnm: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
dis is no joke at all.wat kind of assignment is that?thats wat d fool having been gisting in his class.had had it been say na secondary skool d matter no go serious but dis ar primary school kids for Christ sake.if na ma kid no be small wahala e go be.I dey go that skool ask d guy question way dey ma mind.n if he dere tell me not to teach him his job.na to settle matter for that place anyhow
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nofuckgiven: 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Is current affairs a subject in Primary 2 curriculum? Its social studies I know of. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by jbnm: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Benita27:
What business does a primary2 child have with Evans?, are there not better things in current affairs the child should be taught other than "Who's Evans?".

Based on the teacher's response I could tell it's one of those schools teachers misbehave. So he/she thinks a child's parent has no right in deciding what or what not to teach his/her child?,LOL.

thank u ma sista
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by gistelesb(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
I completely agree that d teacher's response was rude & immature. However, it is not wrong for him to have asked the kids to write on Evans. Definitely, he wants to bring out a moral lesson that crime doesn't pay. I've taught Civic Education in a school B4 & depending on the topic, u are required to ask the students to listen to news & write on a current issue or matters arising. It's meant to encourage kids to be aware of what happens in their environment, not just to watch Zeeworld & Nollywood movies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crazy Things You Did In High School? / 50 Inmates Of Sapele Federal Prison Graduate With Computer Eng. Degrees (pics) / My Reading Culture - Rufai Basirat, UI Pharmacy Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.