Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1322253 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by OPC90(m): 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Centino:

Dropping today.
God bless you for fulfilling your promise...
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Olawale118(m): 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
Good story Centino.

On Elijah, John and re-incarnation. I believe John came in the 'spirit and power' of Elijah (Luke 1:17) and not Elijah in the literal sense. Secondly, while there could be some issues of punctuations and other translational errors, is there any proof that the scripture has been altered deliberately to favor certain class or opinions?

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
Olawale118:
Good story Centino.

On Elijah, John and re-incarnation. I believe John came in the 'spirit and power' of Elijah (Luke 1:17) and not Elijah in the literal sense. Secondly, while there could be some issues of punctuations and other translational errors, is there any proof that the scripture has been altered deliberately to favor certain class or opinions?

Isn't it mischief that you say this and ignored Christ's unequivocal affirmation in Matthew 17:12 quoted in the same passage?

Proof of scripture being altered? It's not even hidden that they held the council of Constantinople in the middle ages and did just that. Who has not heard of the missing books if the Bible?

Anyway, not discussing this anymore outside the story. I'm only Centino your regular Joe grin Mr Cosmas in Katakata Street will answer future questions.

Keep reading wink

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by adebayo201: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
cheesy

We no go gree!!!
Centino:

Isn't it mischief that you say this and ignored Christ's unequivocal affirmation in Matthew 17:12 quoted in the same passage?

Proof of scripture being altered? It's not even hidden that they held the council of Constantinople in the middle ages and did just that. Who has not heard of the missing books if the Bible?

Anyway, not discussing this anymore outside the story. I'm only Centino your regular Joe grin Mr Cosmas in Katakata Street will answer future questions.

Keep reading wink

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Obioramichael(m): 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
Bro keep the oil flowing... Great update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ohibenemma(m): 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
Centino:

Danger kwa!

Mr. Cosmas believes in Christ!

He is one of those who know that there is more to what they are being told! Christ often told his disciplines that there was so much more he could tell them but He feared that they would not be able to handle it (John 16:12). He knew that if he told them everything, in their myopia they would call it New Age. So he left them with a promise that another would come. And also charged them to seek....

Mr Cosmas' words will only strike those who carry in them a spark of truth. Those who adhere to the admonition to seek!

Bro, he who has an ear let him hear (Matthew 11:15)

Hmmm, you are only confirming what I have said earlier. Seeking the truth is one thing, the source of that truth is another thing entirely.

Jesus, speaking in John 16, spoke about the Spirit of truth as the source for the heightened knowledge, not philosophy and logic. and not the esoteric arts, as is probably the case of Dan Brown. Verses 13, 14 and 15 went on to list some qualities of that Spirit. Mr Cosmas' views have failed to glorify Christ on many an occasion, for instance. John 14:16&17 speaks about this same Spirit, The Comforter . And this refers to none else than The Holy Spirit. We mustn't confuse this with Eastern inspired philosophies, at least not for those who say they are Christians. We have seen same trajectory when you discussed sex, premarital and extramarital.

I enjoy your work for its literary value. I admire your matured presentation and boldness in presenting your facts, but my views are in reply to those who are beginning to confuse Mr Cosmas' logical leanings for sound Christian doctrine.

10 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nice update boss.

Irikefe should be thanking his stats rather than vexing all over the place. Truly Jide needed the girl more.

Nice to see Sister Esther praying again and seeing the effects of the prayer. Eyonyam must not run riot in the compound like Mama Akunna did.

As for Chisco. A stubborn fly will always follow a corpse to the grave.

As for the reincarnation issue. It is prevalent in our culture and children are even given names to reflect this belief. I am one person who have benefited a lot from Mr Cosmas' teachings. I always go back to verify some of the things he says and they check out. I looked up the council of Constantinople and Dr Ian Stevenson and it was an eye opener for me. Keep up the good work Centino.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Olawale118(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ohibenemma:

Hmmm, you are only confirming what I have said earlier. Seeking the truth is one thing, the source of that truth is another thing entirely.

Jesus, speaking in John 16, spoke about the Spirit of truth as the source for the heightened knowledge, not philosophy and logic. and not the esoteric arts, as is probably the case of Dan Brown. Verses 13, 14 and 15 went on to list some qualities of that Spirit. Mr Cosmas' views have failed to glorify Christ on many an occasion, for instance. John 14:16&17 speaks about this same Spirit, The Comforter . And this refers to none else than The Holy Spirit. We mustn't confuse this with Eastern inspired philosophies, at least not for those who say they are Christians. We have seen same trajectory when you discussed sex, premarital and extramarital.

I enjoy your work for its literary value. I admire your matured presentation and boldness in presenting your facts, but my views are in reply to those who are beginning to confuse Mr Cosmas' logical leanings for sound Christian doctrine.

my view also. Mr Cosmas seems to have forgotten that the scripture can not be broken and also that they (the scriptures) are not philosophical works but spiritually discerned.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
Olawale118:
my view also. Mr Cosmas seems to have forgotten that the scripture can not be broken and also that they (the scriptures) are not philosophical works but spiritually discerned.

grin grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
Centino:

My bro. I know that that had nothing to do with having already won the title. You could see from their lineup that they wanted that victory to set a seal on their title but City were too good on the night. Man City underestimated the importance of Vincent Company to that team. Failing to replace him was their Achilles heals this season. They're a phenomenal football team.

That's the lie Liverpool fans are telling themselves, they said it's because they've won the league already but the starting line up was their first team, they just didn't do well..

I can see how you deliberately dodged my appeal to point me in a direction to know more about reincarnation..

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Wonderz1: 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
Baba Centimo thank you for this update it was very very very educative.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2020
Olawale118:

A human is made of body, soul and spirit. Body is the matter. Soul is your consciousness, emotions and intelligence. Spirit is dormant and only becomes active when connected to God or devil. When a man dies. The body decay and awaits transformation if dead in Christ, while the soul and spirit returns to hades. Elijah did not die a physical death so him coming back in another body is an exception. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27
Reincarnation only happens to nephilims and their offsprings because they are not humans but the generation of falling angels and human seeds. When their host (flesh) dies they linger and awaits their next victim. They are what we know as familiar spirits, evil spirit, demons, obganje etc. They can poses the flesh of a man and make that body a repetition of their (demon's) past life.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by fboonmy: 8:09am On Jul 04, 2020
Ann2012:
Egungun be careful na express you dey gooo, na Chisco dem dey talk to.
I love the way Jide and Irikefe settled the issue between them, Sister Esther is back with a banger grin God save you Eyonyam

Thanks for the update Boss
Motor go jam am las las

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2020
ToyBoyAaron:

A human is made of body, soul and spirit. Body is the matter. Soul is your consciousness, emotions and intelligence. Spirit is dormant and only becomes active when connected to God or devil. When a man dies. The body decay and awaits transformation if dead in Christ, while the soul and spirit returns to hades. Elijah did not die a physical death so him coming back in another body is an exception. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27
Reincarnation only happens to nephilims and their offsprings because they are not humans but the generation of falling angels and human seeds. When their host (flesh) dies they linger and awaits their next victim. They are what we know as familiar spirits, evil spirit, demons, obganje etc. They can poses the flesh of a man and make that body a repetition of their (demon's) past life.

if you say Elijah was an exception why is it that when Jesus asked his disciples "who do people say the son of man is" they replied saying John the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah or one of the prophets? this aligns with what centino or Mr cosmas is saying that the jews of that time knew about reincarnation and did not limit it to the coming Elijah. it could have been any other dead prophet meaning they believed dead people came back and could say it confidently to their master.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ohibenemma(m): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2020
tsharp:

if you say Elijah was an exception why is it that when Jesus asked his disciples "who do people say the son of man is" they replied saying John the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah or one of the prophets? this aligns with what centino or Mr cosmas is saying that the jews of that time knew about reincarnation and did not limit it to the coming Elijah. it could have been any other dead prophet meaning they believed dead people came back and could say it confidently to their master.

The idea of reincarnation has been played with from time immemorial, not just by the Jews, but by the Persians, Babylonians, Chinese and even in our beloved Africa. So it isn't surprising that the disciples were quick to restate that general opinion that Jesus was a reincarnation of one of those great prophets of old because of the works they saw him do.

My grandmother loved to smile a lot, she had a tooth gap and was a master at preparing the egusi soup; now my daughter exhibits same traits and the automatic assumption becomes that she is a reincarnation of my granny. That becomes widely accepted and reinforced especially by all who had an encounter with my grandmother. Then my sister delivers a baby with very similar traits and everyone is confused about who is the real reincarnation. Did she share herself between them? Sometimes, it is about birthmarks.

We have seen this pattern even with the Obas of Benin Kingdom, where a new king, at coronation, assumes an official name which could be the name of a past great king, then parralels are drawn between him and that past king and everyone assumes he is a reincarnation.

Did Jesus mean that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah? It was never stated. So why are reincarnation apologists insisting that that was what he meant? But he implied that John had come in the forceful mode of Elijah, if we take a cursory look at his ministerial mode.

Did Elijah ever undergo a prison term? Did John ever call down fire from heaven? Was Elijah's head ever served on a platter? Could he even be arrested

What the New Age seeks to achieve is to present (heretic info: Christian speaking), and distort Scriptural positions, while hiding under the garb of select pickings from the Bible. Sister Esther
is a good example of this. She can engage in wanton sexual immorality, yet simultaneously exude great spiritual power.
Is that what the Bible teaches? Is that the general experience we have seen around?

I maintain that 225, Katakata Street has been a greatly entertaining piece of literature for years now, but should it become a life manual like some are turning it into

7 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by petredeshyan(m): 9:40am On Jul 04, 2020
John isn't Elijah, Reincarnation not supported in the Scripture.

Centino, I greatly respect your writing skills and your unpopular opinion, but this talk of John the baptist being Elijah isn't it.
John 1: 21-25
20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

In the above passage, John himself said he wasn't Elijah. While John was still alive , Elijah Spirit appeared to Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. ( Mark 9 vs 4)
John isn't Elijah, he only came in the spirit and power of Elijah. ( Luke 1:17)

Is Elijah coming again? Yes (Mal 4 vs 5) but when?

According to Rev 11vs 3-8.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Many( including myself) believe this passage is referring to ELIJAH and ENOCH, some believe it's Elijah and Moses ( vs 6). But one thing is certain, Elijah is there. Elijah and the "other one" will come back during the great tribulation, where they'll be overpowered by the beast and eventually taste death.
Every man shall taste death.

On the issue of reincarnation, 'it's being appointed for men to die " once"....".
Also according to Ecclesiastics 8 vs 8.
8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

Reincarnation is not biblical.
My opinion .

[i]John isn't Elijah, Reincarnation not supported in the Scripture.

Centino, I greatly respect your writing skills and your unpopular opinion, but this talk of John the baptist being Elijah isn't it.
21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

In the above passage, John himself said he wasn't Elijah. While John was still alive , Elijah Spirit appeared to Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. ( Mark 9 vs 4)

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Many( including myself) believe this passage is referring to ELIJAH and ENOCH, some believe it's Elijah and Moses ( vs 6). But one thing is certain, Elijah is there. Elijah and the "other one" will come back during the great tribulation, where they'll be overpowered by the beast and eventually taste death.

On the issue of reincarnation, 'it's being appointed for men to die " once"....".
8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

My opinion .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by maggilove(f): 9:41am On Jul 04, 2020
You people should not burst my brain please, haha, we have many intelligent people on this thread.

I had to rush to read the update because of the comments I read, in my own opinion you choose to believe whether reincarnation is real or not according to your level of belief.

The spiritual level of some people don't Carry this explanation while some have the ability to differentiate between the right and the wrong.

This update has opened my eye about my own opinion of reincarnation, thanks centino.

5 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by maggilove(f): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2020
petredeshyan:
John isn't Elijah, Reincarnation not supported in the Scripture.

My opinion .

[i]John isn't Elijah, Reincarnation not supported in the Scripture.

My opinion .

I get your point, if you read well centino didn't say or insist reincarnation is biblical, he said some parts were removed bit the only one he was able to point out to close to it is an example of Elijah and John the Baptist and he explained in his own opinion too.

Let's not have issues about this, everybody has a right to choose whatever he wants to believe.

One love.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by paqman: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2020
Reincarnation as the most comment on katakata street
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by petredeshyan(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2020
maggilove:
I get your point, if you read well centino didn't say or insist reincarnation is biblical, he said some parts were removed bit the only one he was able to point out to close to it is an example of Elijah and John the Baptist and he explained in his own opinion too.

Let's not have issues about this, everybody has a right to choose whatever he wants to believe.

One love.

OK ma
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2020
Ohibenemma:

The idea of reincarnation has been played with from time immemorial, not just by the Jews, but by the Persians, Babylonians, Chinese and even in our beloved Africa. So it isn't surprising that the disciples were quick to restate that general opinion that Jesus was a reincarnation of one of those great prophets of old because of the works they saw him do.

My grandmother loved to smile a lot, she had a tooth gap and was a master at preparing the egusi soup; now my daughter exhibits same traits and the automatic assumption becomes that she is a reincarnation of my granny. That becomes widely accepted and reinforced especially by all who had an encounter with my grandmother. Then my sister delivers a baby with very similar traits and everyone is confused about who is the real reincarnation. Did she share herself between them? Sometimes, it is about birthmarks.

We have seen this pattern even with the Obas of Benin Kingdom, where a new king, at coronation, assumes an official name which could be the name of a past great king, then parralels are drawn between him and that past king and everyone assumes he is a reincarnation.

Did Jesus mean that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah? It was never stated. So why are reincarnation apologists insisting that that was what he meant? But he implied that John had come in the forceful mode of Elijah, if we take a cursory look at his ministerial mode.

Did Elijah ever undergo a prison term? Did John ever call down fire from heaven? Was Elijah's head ever served on a platter? Could he even be arrested

What the New Age seeks to achieve is to present (heretic info: Christian speaking), and distort Scriptural positions, while hiding under the garb of select pickings from the Bible. Sister Esther
is a good example of this. She can engage in wanton sexual immorality, yet simultaneously exude great spiritual power.
Is that what the Bible teaches? Is that the general experience we have seen around?

I maintain that 225, Katakata Street has been a greatly entertaining piece of literature for years now, but should it become a life manual like some are turning it into

I have decidedly kept an open mind about these things all through my adulthood, especially with the fact that a lot of things Christianity don't make logical sense to me.

Coming in contact with this story and some of the things Mr Cosmas says has given me more peace and comfort than anything else I knew before now. I don't know about others but I always make an effort to investigate further whenever Mr Cosmas says something. Did you read about Dr Ian Stevenson and his investigations?

Check this out https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/ian-stevensone28099s-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-e28098skepticse28099-really-just-cynics/

I'm intrigued about the Sri Lankan girl and I am looking at this thing from other cultures as well.

I am not afraid to consider other thoughts because I have myself seen the contradictions in the Bible.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2020
maggilove:

gbam!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ToyBoyAaron(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2020
tsharp:

The book of 1st Samuel 28 made it clear that demons can impersonate dead people. Yes it is still happening even today because we have heard and even seen dead people living in another place. This are not humans but demons.
It has been argued that the witch in 1st Samuel actually called up a spirit from the afterlife, but that spirit was not Samuel. It was a demon impersonating Samuel. This demon, impersonating Samuel, told Saul only part of the truth. The Bible teaches that demons are able to utter half-truths. That was the case of the apostle, they don't yet understand that those were demons and not the real people living. You might want to bring the case of those who died and resurrected, well they were sleeping and not dead. They were in that state to glorify the name of the Almighty God.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by timota(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Thanks centino for a wonderful story I have been following the story from the beginning and its quite interesting.To our fellow readers I will advice that we see the story as a fiction and treat it as one,do not equate centino with cosmas cos the are different entities though centino as the narrator cosmas is just one of the several character and I know that with the new caretaker more characters are coming to 225 katakata street .Centino I'm missing Alfa's son the best criminal in 225 katakata street can't someone just meet an old neighborhood along the road.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday folks!

I just dropped this.

https://katakatastreet.com/blog-list-with-right-sidebar/

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by petredeshyan(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
Centino:
Happy Sunday folks!
I just dropped this.
Enjoy!
Thanks for the update boss
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Olusharp(m): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Centino:
Happy Sunday folks!

I just dropped this.

Enjoy!

page can't be found ..
Edited
this is the correct link,.. seems centino was in a hurry

https://katakatastreet.com/2020/07/05/compound-pandemic-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by genius43(m): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Olusharp:
page can't be found ..
Edited
this is the correct link,.. seems centino was in a hurry

https://katakatastreet.com/2020/07/05/compound-pandemic-2/

It is not wrong, you are expected to click the right link and in a way directing those that missed previous episodes to catch-up.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by okpanachil: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ohibenemma:

May God bless you and yours for this wonderful writeup.May HE bless you again and again and again.,...,.Amen
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MisterMan123456: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chisco is a real mango tree!

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.