Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1317923 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
WISDOM

Achike stood by the door and watched Maya seated in the chair. He pinched himself to be sure he was not dreaming. There she was in his room, every inch the way he had dreamt it. Mama Tobi did not disappoint in the least bit. She even made her wear the beautiful gown she wore on the day of that sham marriage. He remembered her looking so beautiful that day that he was praying silently for the world to just end. Yes, that was his thoughts. How could that donkey of a man leave the compound with such a beautiful woman? And how fair was it that right under his nose such a being was being formed and he knew nothing about it? Well, what happened then as they say is history. Then that Calabar boy started polishing her every day right under his nose! Hei! Well, now his chance had come, and he was not going to let it slip.

She had her face in her palms now. He could understand that she was shy. Then a thought hit him, he should be a gentleman and not rush her. So he first went over and inspected her shopping. She bought everything on the list. The shopping thing was her mother’s idea.

“That is what you will do my son. Just write a list of the things you want and give me the money. She will bring them to your room.”

“Are you sure Ma?”

“Yes nau! What else do you have to offer, Achike? Is it those your short legs and pot belly? If it is handsomeness, you know the Calabar boy wins hands down. So bring plenty money, more than she will need and let her return plenty change to you.”

Achike looked at Maya again. She was still not looking up. Her face was still in her palms, but her figure…Chim ooooo! Even while seated! Achike licked his lips as a brilliant idea hit him. He would start by kissing her feet. Yes. This was the kind of soup you eat by first licking the sides of the plate. Choi! Achike bobo! He hailed himself within. Then he moved in gently.

Maya sat on the armchair and held her face in her palm. What was she doing here, She thought. Ndifreke’s soft pleading voice continued to assault her. Her man! Her love. Then she felt a wet tongue on her feet. She kicked out before even thinking.

“Jehovah eh!” Achike shrieked as the blow flung him and he hit his waist on the side of the centre table. “What was that sweetie?” he said and scampered to his feet and held his waist.

“I am not your sweetie!”

“But you are. That is why you are here.”

“I am here because of my mother”

“Your mother told me you said you will marry me, ehn my sweetie. Why are you now doing like this?”

“I have changed my mind!”

“Is it because of that church rat?”

Maya opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She wanted to defend him but how could she? Even though his words haunted her, it was only because she could see he still wanted her, and she knew she would always want him. But then the things he was saying were not the things she wanted to hear. He was talking about reasoning with him. For goodness sake, she knew already that he had no money! If she wanted money, she would be with this toad. But if he was still talking about reasoning with him when she was already pregnant, then what he had in mind was not what she wanted for herself.

“Tell me. Are you changing your mind for a man that denied you when you told him a simple joke? What do you think he would do to you if you were serious?”

Maya’s heart sank. Her mother had followed through with her plan.

“I will tell him you are not pregnant that you were only testing the Calabar boy to see if he really loved you and he failed the test. The pregnancy is not even ten minutes old. Sleep with Achike. After two months, tell him you are pregnant.”

“But mama!”

“But mama what?” That is the way you will come out of this. Put it on his head. He will gladly accept it.”

“I can’t do it, mama.”

“Then you are a big fool. Achike would accept anything you tell him! A woman like you only happens in his dreams and on television.”

“Mama!”

“Now listen to this piece of wisdom. Marry a man that loves you more than you love him. If you want to have peace of mind in your mature years, I say marry a man that worships you. You see that Calabar boy, let him have money and start driving a car, then you will know the meaning of heartache. He is gushing over you now that his pocket is empty. And it doesn’t help that when he looks at you he sees the rainbow forming in your eyes. You show him too much that you love him! A man needs to be kept in a state of permanent doubt and uncertainty. That way he will chase you every day till you enter your grave. That is what every woman needs. And you need that to come about naturally! It will if you marry the right man. The right man is not the one that will be beating you and you will be getting wet.”

Maya looked at Achike as he nursed his sore lips. He was even uglier as he grimaced and held his waist as well. She was here to make love to this creature so that she could put a pregnancy on him and have a future without heartache!

“Sweetie” he said again and tried to straighten his back. Doing so his shirt split in the front and his tummy shone through like Mr Ibu’s. What was she doing there? She was young, healthy, and perfectly capable of keeping herself from starving if it came to that.

She thought about her Ndifreke. She did not know what tomorrow or her mature years would hold and frankly, she did not care. For today, she wanted a man she would look at and get wet, and it would not matter even if he carried a whip.

Ndifreke ambled along the street feeling like he had just been dispossessed of his inheritance. His Maya was in Achike’s room! “No!” he said aloud.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and checked and saw Mr Cosmas.

“What troubles you, young friend?”

“Good evening Mr Cosmas”

“Good evening Ndifreke”

“You look like you lost your way”

“It will not be wrong to say that I did Mr Cosmas.”

Mr Cosmas nodded. He was going to his regular joint to relax so he invited Ndifreke. They both looked at each other when they saw that the only other person there when they arrived was The Undertaker. They were equally surprised when he beckoned them over to his table. He clearly had been there for a while, as they counted three empty green bottles and a fourth one was halfway gone.

“Please sit my friends” He enthused. Seeing their surprise at his indulgement, he said “Ho! Ho! Ho! To the bottle I go to heal my heart and drawn my woe. Rain may fall and wind may blow and many miles still to go but under the tree will I lie and let the clouds go sailing by – J.R.R Tolkien”

“Oh Mr Kingsley! and I didn’t think you drank anything other than water.”

“In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria – Benjamin Franklin.”

The two newcomers laughed and settled in on the opposite side of the table to Mr Kingsley

“You can talk, friends,” Mr Kingsley said. “I know an Italian proverb. Let every fox take care of its own tail.”

“We know you know a lot of proverbs,” Mr Cosmas said.

“Don’t worry about Kingsley” Mr Cosmas said. “Take it that he is not here.”

Ndifreke nodded. Seeing and listening to Mr Kingsley already helped his mood somewhat. But he still said “I saw my girlfriend enter another man’s room. She knocked and he opened the door and she entered. Right in front of me. Like I wasn’t even there! Madam please, give me Star.” Ndifreke said.

Mr Cosmas knew Ndifreke did not drink. But it was not in his character to tell anyone what to or what not to do. But Mr Kingsley said “If you ever know a man who tries to drown his sorrows, kindly inform him his sorrows know how to swim― Pittacus Lore”

“But you are drinking too.”

“Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable― G.K. Chesterton.

The bar woman was already standing there with the beer. Mr Cosmas reached for it and Ndifreke asked for a coke.

“And she is pregnant by me. How much worse can it get?” Ndifreke said.

Mr Cosmas and Mr Kingsley looked at each other. Then Mr Kingsley said “Em Madam, please bring him the beer.”

TO BE CONTINUED.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
He really nid beer... ND Maya nids to kom to her senses fast.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Centino boys are vexing for you o. Take it as compliment tho. Means you're hitting the right notes and leaving us wanting more. Pls hear our plea. We are Oliver twist.
Another great update. Undertaker now talking. Hmmm
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by queenitee(f): 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
Ah
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by alabig(m): 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
"Em madam, please bring him the beer" - Mr Kingsley.

This just cracked me up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Machiavelli1(m): 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
What a funny piece.. I'm so loving the proverbs, and finally Mr Kingsley talks. Well done Centino.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sabbiboi: 11:18pm On Mar 11, 2018
I heard you got a new girl friend and it hurting meee .
Katakata street, a story indeed.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 8:44am On Mar 13, 2018
Good one centino, pls mention me in ur next update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by blessoyeboy(m): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2018
Cetino you're on point keep shining
Mention me in your next post
Bless you

Following
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by blessoyeboy(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2018
Previously a guest, but your explicit story made me login to comment

Keep hustling and bustling and don't keep me waiting
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by regsin1709(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2018
coolshebi this is number 225 katakata street
enjoying the story
i've been a ghost reader but just decided to be encouraging
yarn on biko
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
centino kudos to you
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by honourable356(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
....And Centino continue to soar high with reckless abandon...

I read with great amusement as you entertain the crowd on a weekly basis..

A dude who strategically input the recent happenings in his country both positive or negative quiet effortless deserve an applause... a standing ovation if I may add.

This could earn you a living no doubt regardless how slow it comes.

Am I suprised, No,not at all....
Impressed, sure!
Do you believe me?? I don't think so!
Send me your WhatsApp number.
You deserve one month subscription.

13 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by bigbauer(m): 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
Viewing this topic: StancyFrosh (m ), honourable356(m ), bigbauer( m) and 1 guest(s)
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Youngzubi(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2018
Ghost reader mode deactivated..bros i must compliment dis wonderful work of urs..i read alot in nairaland but neva comments..but here i am typing my comment dats to show u how grt dis ur work is,bro u gat a gr8 future in dis keep it up
Note:work on ur editing tho nobody perfect but u can work hard towards perfection....i dey always buy data just to read n check 4 ur update
y not act it as film..i swear u go over sell infact God sef go won watch

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kingsman55: 12:22am On Mar 15, 2018
Hi Centino
I'm new on Nl

Please can you welcome me with 3 updates this Week ?

Everybody dey deactivate ghost mood and I no plan to carry last

#Ghost-Mood-Deactivated grin grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by PaUkwuoma22(m): 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
Bross we dey wait oooooooooo. grin grin grin.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
Dem don lift my ban?

Someone's been enjoying deleting my posts and keeping me away.

Until I'm sure they'll let me have my say.

Wetin I do sef?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by PaUkwuoma22(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
Centino:
Dem don lift my ban?

Wetin I do sef?

No naw. On top this beautiful essay. Abeg mods, what's the ish biko ?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by HelenBee(f): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
Mods which levels nah?

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yehmy(m): 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
MhizSuccess are u active on twitter?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MhizSuccess(f): 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
yehmy:
MhizSuccess are u active on twitter?
No
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yehmy(m): 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
MhizSuccess:
No
what about whatsapp?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
Centino:
Dem don lift my ban?

Wetin I do sef?

I don't understand this and I don't like it either. This guy creates free content for this site angry

Oga mods. Do something pls. This is one to be encouraged if anything.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
Centino:
Dem don lift my ban?
Wetin I do sef?
which kind nonsense be dat .
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
Maya is finished.......
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by TellMeNothing: 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
Oboy Ndifreke must blow for this story o! I want him to blow, Marry maya and liberate everybody for da compound..

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Jephyard(m): 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
This the best Thing I have come across on Nairaland. I never knew we still have someone that can write like this in this country. So much talent with no platform for growth. Centino, keep the good work.

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MhizSuccess(f): 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
yehmy:
what about whatsapp?
Yes. why you asking?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yehmy(m): 6:02am On Mar 20, 2018
MhizSuccess:
Yes. why you asking?
want to add u up

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.