Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1318867 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by barbienazom(f): 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
Thank you very much Centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
honourable356:
....And Centino continue to soar high with reckless abandon...

I read with great amusement as you entertain the crowd on a weekly basis..

A dude who strategically input the recent happenings in his country both positive or negative quiet effortless deserve an applause... a standing ovation if I may add.

This could earn you a living no doubt regardless how slow it comes.

Am I suprised, No,not at all....
Impressed, sure!
Do you believe me?? I don't think so!
Send me your WhatsApp number.
You deserve one month subscription.

My honourable356. I see you my guy. You too much grin. Inbox me.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
barbienazom:
Thank you very much Centino

You're welcome wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Chibzee2: 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
Very Good Job centino I'm in awe.
Just wish you can get better recognition for all this.
Keep it up sir

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
Chibzee2:
Very Good Job centino I'm in awe.
Just wish you can get better recognition for all this.
Keep it up sir

Thanks Chibzee2. Happy for now that you and the many good folks of this forum recognize smiley

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by xtanlee(m): 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
centino.... nairalands finest.... centino 2019
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Afolorunshor(m): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
xtanlee:

I tell you.... I read all today!!! you just won a fresh nairalander!!!
update quick oo and don't forget to mention me too
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 11:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
Centino abeg help us update na.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by SparrowNet(m): 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2018
Kudos Centino u badder than dem. More manya to ur tombele.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MichaelBlake40: 12:30am On Mar 31, 2018
Centino i don show face o any thing for the boys?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Centino:
Massive shout out to everyone, especially the ghost readers that showed face. You're now too many to mention. I'm only still here because of you. Enjoy what should have come yesterday but disappeared. cry

You rock man
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by genius43(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
It seems he has been banned again after posting an update, someone should contact the mod of this section
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
genius43:
It seems he has been banned again after posting an update, someone should contact the mod of this section

Yes I was. Just expired. It sure takes the wind out of your sails when you've been up all Saturday night to post early Sunday and you get banned and post deleted. Or miss church Easter day to post and same thing happens.

Evidently my style doesn't suit the site. They're within their rights to throw out who they don't want so I won't complain. But I went through my last post with a fine tooth comb and can't be sure what was wrong with it.

Will try updating again in a few hours. If deleted again then it's arrivederci Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by genius43(m): 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Centino:

Yes I was. Just expired. It sure takes the wind out of your sails when you've been up all Saturday night to post early Sunday and you get banned and post deleted. Or miss church Easter day to post and same thing happens.

Evidently my style doesn't suit the site. They're within their rights to throw out who they don't want so I won't complain. But I went through my last post with a fine tooth comb and can't be sure what was wrong with it.

Will try updating again in a few hours. If deleted again then it's arrivederci Nairaland.

The mods should give some privileges to writers especially on their thread.

I honestly feel your pain.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
Centino:

Just let's know where to find you if you leave. Surely the story must go on?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
Centino no vex we council of elders re on it.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2018
xtanlee:

I see you my bro. Mentioned you in my update but dem delete am. No mentioning again and let's see if they'll be happy with that.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
tsharp:

Just let's know where to find you if you leave. Surely the story must go on?

If I advertise my next place of abode that one dem go arrest me join the banning.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
YINKS89:
Centino no vex we council of elders re on it.

Ok sir grin grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Mama Akunna waited for them to finish. She knew Ndifreke would first come into the corridor to check that the coast was clear before Maya would sneak out. So she ducked under the staircase and peeped as Ndifreke did his surveillance. As soon as he went back inside, Mama Akunna came out of hiding knowing Maya would be coming out next.

“Sisi Maya” She enthused.

Maya stopped in her tracks but immediately gathered her wits and marched on towards the staircase.

“Sisi Maya I dey greet” Mama Akunna said.

“Good afternoon Mama”

“Gudu Afternun o! I come dey think why you no wan answer me since.”

“Sorry Mama, I no see you.”

“I know. I know say you no see me” Mama Akunna said and grinned.

“Make you no shame my pikin, woman wey get de kind waist wey you get need dat kind tin wey dat Calabar boy carry every day,” She said ans chuckled.

Maya opened her mouth but swallowed instead.

“Wetin una dey do no be bad tin. Wen I be sisi like you na so I fine. Dis my yansh wey don dry finish been big, round like ya mama fufu basin.

Na so all de boys dey pursue me. Wen I set de tin like this,” she said bending her waist and lifting her pelvis, “Na so dem go nack sotey dem go forget their mama name!”

Maya hurried up the stairs but Mama Akunna followed close.

“Oya no vex. I no say you dey shame. Wetin I wan tell you be say I like you and dat your boy well well. I no want make bad tin do una. So as una dey enjoy una self like dis, if you feel anyhow for your body, make you come see me you hear? You no say I don born plenty pikin so I know how woman suppose do if dat kind tin happen.”

“Mama nothing go happen” Maya said.

“I know say nothing go happen. Shildren of nowadays una don sabi plenty tins. But in case ehn…you no say ya mama fit vex say you wan put load for hin head. But me, I no get work na! I go take care of you well well.”

Maya thought about it for a while and said “Ok I don hear” and hurried into their room.

Awero lay spent beside Talabi in the dingy chalet they met.

“It’s been six months my love,” Talabi said rubbing her bare buttocks.

“I know. It is because of that witch. Akunna would happily leave his bed for us. But with her around we must suffer.”

“Now it doesn’t seem like she is going anywhere.”

“No.”

“And what is your husband doing about it?”

“What can he do? Can anyone challenge her? Much less now that she has started that evil business.”

“Let’s do what I earlier suggested.”

“I am afraid.”

“Afraid of what?”

“She is a strange woman. What if she finds out?”

“She would have eaten it before she finds out. And by then it would be too late.”

“I don’t know if I can do it.”

“But why not? I have suffered all these years! Watch you lie in another man’s bed every night for eight years.”

“He is my husband”

“Then what are you doing here?”

“We should not be fighting. We have not been like this for so long.”

“I have accepted Akunna and he has accepted us. But I cannot stand his mother. Do it or we go away.”

“I cannot leave my children.”

“Take them along. They are mine after all.”

“The last one is not yours.”

“We have four. That is enough. He can share the last one with his mother.”

“I can’t do it.”

“Then I will do it myself.”

“How?”

“You said she eats only what she cooks and she gives no one right?”

“Right.”

“And she has a special soup pot which she keeps close to the drinking water bucket?”

“Yes.”

“And you are sure no one eats her food?”

“No one eats her food.”

“Good. When she is out doing her business and the children are asleep, find a way to take your husband away. I will come and do it.”

Awero felt a thug in her heart as he finished his statement. She looked into the determined eyes of her lover, the man of her youth. She knew it was a waste of time trying to dissuade him. He was propelled by a something greater than anything she knew. She could feel it in her heart that this was one thing she was going to regret. But again, this was one man she knew she could never say no to, even if it meant agreeing to take the life of an irritant old woman.

Castro adjusted his tie and clasped his bible and stepped out of their self contained. It was a glorious day hallelujah. He congratulated everyone he met and wished them a Happy Easter. He would say “Rejoice, be glad, shout hallelujah. The grave couldn’t hold him captive. Christ has conquered death. We’ve been freed!”

He got mumbles of acknowledgment and he continued to march round. Then he found Ndifreke talking to Mr Cosmas. He heard them saying “thanks Mr Cosmas. You were right. I had nothing to worry about afterall.”

“I told you”

“Just a little misunderstanding.”

“That is normal.”

“And we will keep the baby.”

“Good decision my friend. Every pregnancy is a chance for a new soul to come to the world to experience life. During procreation, there are plenty souls around waiting for an opportunity to come into the body that will come forth. It is a great disappointment and guilt to those waiting and to those who terminate a pregnancy. You have saved yourself from possibly a lifetime of torment.”

“Thank you Mr Cosmas.”

“Happy Easter brothers,” Castro said. And congratulations. He has conquered death and sin. You are now free.”

“Free from what young friend?” Mr Cosmas said.

“Free from sin. He has risen. And as he has left the grave, may all your sickness leave the grave. May all your suffering leave the grave, may all tribulations in your life leave the grave.”

Ndifreke punctuated his assertions with amens while Mr Cosmas stayed quiet.”

“You are not claiming it Mr Cosmas”

“Claim what?”

“All I am prophesying into your life.”

“You deceive yourself young friend.”

Castro and Ndifreke looked at each other.

“Are you trying to say that even with the resurrection you do not see the great mercy of the lord?”

“Ressurection of what? If I may ask?”

“Ressurection of Christ. He died and rose again and ascended to heaven bearing all our sins.”

“My friend, hear this. There is nothing like the resurrection of the flesh. The Almighty does not need any such razzmatazz to prove his mightiness. If he did that, he would be going against his own laws. The Almighty is perfect and will never do that. It is only on earth that the flesh is useful. Not in heaven where there are only spirits. Think about it, why did Christ not come as a full-grown man from the clouds to carry out his mission but instead needed to be born like everyone else?”

“I don’t know. I guess he had to perform miracles as a child first.”

“In heaven where he came from there is no cloak that is consistent with earth matter. He had to be subjected to the laws, born like every other person, grew up like every other person. He felt hunger, pain, anger and every emotion known to humans. Why then would his death be different?”

“Well, his birth certainly was.”

“It was not. That again would be God overthrowing his laws. The Lord is perfect. He made procreation like everything else and saw that it was good. There is no reason for him to bend the laws to suit the appetite of a world hungry for the spectacular. That he was born normally takes nothing away from his mightiness. And also that he left his earthly cloak behind does not in anyway diminish the power of the Almighty. The laws are the laws and they are perfect.”

“You are confusing me Mr Cosmas” Castro said.

“I do not mean to confuse you, young friend. You have been fed with distortions all your life so I can understand if this is a little too much for you. But in the words of Christ himself, I will say seek and ye shall find.”

“Bros na wa o!”

“But for your pronouncements today, I am sorry it does not work like that. Apart from the fact that there was no dramatic ascension to heaven as there was no need for that, nobody died for anybody’s sins. Jesus was murdered in cold blood. He accepted it because he needed to prove his conviction. If he had cowered and escaped death, no one would have believed his words. His death set a seal on the words he preached. And salvation will only come if you live the words. Think about it. Today you will go out and sin and say because Christ died on the cross, you will get away with it by mumbling a few words of repentance. Tomorrow you will do the same, every day you will premeditatedly carry out evil because you think someone paid the price. If you were God, how would you judge that?”

“His ways are not our ways.”

“That is why you suffer and perish and cry ‘why me’ despite rejecting everything negative as not your potion. The Almighty will not give you a rational mind if he did not intend for you to use it. There is nothing wrong with asking questions if something does not sound right. If you examine your beliefs very well, you will see that a lot does not make sense.”

“Abeg bros, this is too heavy for me. Bros Freke knows I am not taking this thing seriously. Because the one you are now saying is making me afraid. I thought I will jejely enjoy my life then when I am ready I will kneel down and ask for forgiveness and go to heaven, afterall the price has already been paid.”

“You deceive yourself, young friend. I have told you before; no father will kill one child so that some others will be saved. I do not believe in a bloodsucking deity that sits in the clouds. It is every man for himself. Christ has fulfilled his mission. You better find yours and fulfill it. Even the one that was killed said clearly that the wages of sin is death. Food for thought my people. Salvation lies only in living the word. In simply doing on to others as you would expect them to do to you and never knowingly causing another harm. Focus on the simple words of Christ and stop the cult of personality you have built around his coming. You killed him because you did not believe his words. And when he returns like he said he would, like a thief in the night mind you, I bet you that you will kill him again because you will again not recognize him because he will not be saying whthe things you want to hear.”

“And you said he came by natural procreation and not by Immaculate Conception?”

“There was no need for that. There is only one way to come to the world and that is by procreation. The Lord made it so. He has no need to change things to suit a fantastic narrative. Christ’s mission was to bring the word. When you killed him he was buried and his spirit went back to heaven where it belonged. Focus on the word, live it. His flesh is useless to you and to God because it was made of dust which exists only on this earth and onto dust, it returned.”

“Bros, I dey come,” Castro said to Ndifreke and hurried away.

TO BE CONTINUED.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
Centino:

If I advertise my next place of abode that one dem go arrest me join the banning.

grin grin grin

Thanks for the update Centino

Guess we have to enjoy it while it lasts.

But come o...were dose 2 not in that compound when they tried something against mama akunna the other time?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
centino thanks for the update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 7:15am On Apr 03, 2018
I didn’t enjoy the last update at all. Over half of the story is about a scene just like nollywood movies

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by SparrowNet(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
[quote author=Dhavido post=66386769]I didn’t enjoy the last update at all. Over half of the story is about a scene just like nollywood movies.

Like castro you are confused too.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Cadec007(m): 12:27am On Apr 04, 2018
SparrowNet:
like castro you are confused too
buaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WHOcarex: 5:45am On Apr 04, 2018
Talabi go end up killing his children.

Mama Akuna spidersense go alert her
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by general111(m): 6:48am On Apr 04, 2018
I am a regular in this section but i av never shown myself until now.cetino,u r good.,mention me pls when u update.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:05am On Apr 04, 2018
general111:
I am a regular in this section but i av never shown myself until now.cetino,u r good.,mention me pls when u update.

Thanks man! And thanks for showing. Not sure I can mention anymore but I do appreciate.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by honourable356(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
WHOcarex:
Talabi go end up killing his children.

Mama Akuna spidersense go alert her
Obviously...
Challenging the woman without the backing of a supernatural being is akin to embarking on a suicide mission.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by imthealpha: 6:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
honourable356:
Obviously...
Challenging the woman without the backing of a supernatural being is akin to embarking on a suicide mission.

][i][i]she cant attack those, strong in the spirit
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by phoenixchap: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
Centino, this update nor too give me the orgasm like other earlier updates.you will have to come back and do justice to it, @least mama Akunna isn't trying to be funny so far.

Some characters are getting lost along the way bro don't kill it.

KUDOS

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

Viewing this topic: abubakarbabang7(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.