Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (25281 Views)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bilms(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2012
ok
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by DarqChild: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
I think the op is correct somewhat in his quotations. Dont get me wrong, I'm a christian myself so I believe strongly in Christ Jesus. First off a human name is mostly an adjective. Think about it....what's the meaning of Emmanuel? A proclamation. David? The same
. Names are for defining people's personality. Mohammed was a prophet who came bearing the words of Allah to his people the Arabs but Christ came to unify the whole humanity. Christianity wasn't and isn't for a secluded tribe unlike Judaism and Islamism like in the old. Christ came to bring in a new era....to let us all know that we are one. Christ is the son of God while Mohammed is a friend and servant of God just like Moses and every other prophet. I rest my case.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by truthman2012(m): 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
Muhammad was a warrior, not a prophet. He failed the test of his prophethood when questioned. He confessed he was an ordinary man.

By the way, Mr Moderator, what is this thread doing here since 2010. It ought to have been transferred to muslims section since.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by submitter: 2:07am On Jun 29, 2013
The question that most of us ask now had also arose before during the time of Muhammad s.a.w; preaching the words of God onto Arabia. Was Muhammad mentioned? This was the question by inhabitants of Arabia towards Jews that embraced Islam. And if we refer to the claim by past Jewish converts, they had quote verses from Isaiah 42.

And if we look at the passages in Isaiah. God address His chosen servants with their names, and so in the prophesied verse we see God mention clearly the prophet's name. Some examples of God mentioning His servant by name.
(My Servant Isaiah, My Servant Eliakim, David My Servant, Jacob My Servant, ;My Servant Israel, and so in Isaiah 42:1 , God specifically mention My Servant Ahmad)

~~~
The prophecy tells about Ahmad; 'Servant of God' whom will war to correct the wrongs and bringing judgement based on the law of God. He will liberate act of worshiping molten images and thus Arabia (wilderness desert, villages and cities) will glorify God since then. As can be seen today, inhabitants of Arabia are worshiping,praising God and singing words of God daily.

And we continue reading Isaiah 42:18 - 25; God remind the 'blind and deaf' about the wrath of God towards Children of Israel, who neglect the message brought by past Servant of God.

And not to repeat; the same mistake upon the coming of the new Servant of God,

~~~
In Isaiah 42:1, it is deemed not a coincidence upon seeing the writing of both אתמך (Atmc) אחמד (Ahmd). And the word before אתמך (Atmc), is עבדי (Abedi~My Servant). For indeed, it is indicating Ahmad; Abedallah (Ahmad; Servant of God).

Not to mention אתמך (Atmc) is a special term foretelling the coming of a righteous man and is used only ONCE throughout the entire Book. [could this be a copying error or an intended error?]

Children of Israel have been foretold upon the coming of Ahmad but sadly, only a few accepts.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by IsaMessiah: 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
`Unworthy though I am to untie his hosen, I have received grace and mercy from God to see him.'

Then answered the priest, with the governor and the king, saying: `Distress not thyself, O Jesus, holy one of God, because in our time shall not this sedition be any more, seeing that we will write to the sacred Roman senate in such wise that by imperial decree none shall any more call thee God or son of God.'

Then said Jesus: `With your words I am not consoled, because where ye hope for light darkness shall come; but my consolation is in the coming of the messenger, who shall destroy every false opinion of me, and his faith shall spread and shall take hold of the whole world, for so hath God promised to Abraham our father. And that which giveth me consolation is that his faith shall have no end, but shall be kept inviolate by God.'

The priest answered: `After the coming of the messenger of God shall other prophets come?'

Jesus answered: `There shall not come after him true prophets sent by God, but there shall come a great number of false prophets, whereat I sorrow. For Satan shall raise them up by the just judgement of God, and they shall hide themselves under the pretext of my gospel.'

Herod answered: `How is it a just judgement of God that such impious men should come?'

Jesus answered: `It is just that he who will not believe in the truth to his salvation should believe in a lie to his damnation. Wherefore I say unto you, that the world hath ever despise the true prophets and loved the false, as can be seen in the time of Michaiah and Jeremiah. For every like loveth his like.'

Then said the priest: `How shall the Messiah be called, and what sign shall reveal his coming?'

Jesus answered: `The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: "Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that whoso bless thee shall be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail." Mohammed is his blessed name.'

Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: `O God, send us thy messenger: O Mohammed, come quickly for the salvation of the world!'
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by kimakimava: 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh to the believers....

"WHO ALLAH GUIDES CANNOT BE MISGUIDED AND WHO ALLAH MISGUIDES NONE CAN GUIDE" KHALAS.....

TEXT FROM BOOK OF BARNABAS:

"Then said the priest: How shall the Messiah be called, and what sign shall reveal his coming?
Jesus answered: The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendor. God said: "Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will create a paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that whoso bless thee be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed when I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation and thy word shall be true, in so much that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail. Mohammed is his blessed name.”
Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: ”O God, send us thy messenger: O Mohammed come quickly for the salvation of the world”

"Then Jesus rejoiced, and said: So far as I see, O woman, thou
art faithful : know therefore that in the faith of the Messiah shall
be saved every one that is elect of God; therefore it is necessary
that thou know the coming of the Messiah.

Said the woman : O Lord 1 , perchance thou art the Messiah.

Jesus answered : I am indeed sent to the house of Israel as
a prophet of salvation ; but after me shall come the Messiah 2 , sent
of God to all the world; for whom God hath made the world.
And then through all the world will God be worshipped, and
mercy received..."

"Said Jesus: When God shall judge on the Day of Judgement then our words shall cut like a sword him that believeth
that I am more than man"

"Jesus said again 1 : I confess before heaven, and call to witness everything that dwelleth upon the earth, that I am a stranger to all that men have said of me, to wit, that I am more than man. For I am a man, born of a woman,
subject to the judgement of God"

"Therefore I pray thee tell us the truth, art thou
the Messiah of God whom we expect ?

Jesus answered : It is true that God hath so promised, but
indeed I am not he, for he is made before me, and shall come
after me

The priest answered : By thy words and signs at any rate we
believe thee to be a prophet and an holy one of God, wherefore
I pray thee in the name of all Judea and Israel that thou for love
of God shouldn't tell us in what wise the Messiah will come.

Jesus answered : As God liveth, in whose presence my soul
standeth, I am not the Messiah whom all the tribes of the earth
expect, even as God promised to our father Abraham, saying :
" In thy seed will I bless all the tribes of the earth." But when
God shall take me away from the world, Satan will raise again
this accursed sedition, by making the impious believe that I am
God and son of God, whence my words and my doctrine shall be
contaminated, insomuch that scarcely shall there remain thirty
faithful ones : whereupon God will have mercy upon the world,
and will send his messenger for whom he hath made all things ; 102 b
who shall come from with power, and shall destroy the
idols with the idolaters; who shall take away the dominion from
Satan which he hath over men. He shall bring with him the
message of salvation for them that shall believe in him. and
blessed is he who shall believe his words."
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by ZITRAN: 11:05am On Apr 23, 2015
No wonder they did everything to prebent publishing Gospel of Barnabas nd also majority of these piple are mistaking Epistle of Barnabas for Gospel of Barnabas
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Anas09: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
While men slept, the enemy rose up and planted tares among the wheats. And the Lord says 'they most grow side by side.' While the Catholic church held the christian world hostage, satan impersonated Angel Gabrial and appeard to one criminal in Arabia, today, we are meant to grow together side by side until judgement day. Islam will be here, no matter what u do, it will be here. They will remind us to hold our God stronger. He that endures to the end he shall be saved. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by hebrohim: 1:14am On Oct 14, 2015
weather muhammed was found in d bible or not,u cant deny the fact dat muhammed and jesus re both servant of allah.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by colp2015: 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
I was born and raised a muslim for twenty two years before the Lord graciously delivered me from the grip of false religion in the early nineties. Muslims are sincerely deceived by satan. The entire belief system is based on sensuality and violence, but branded as religion of peace. There is nothing peaceful about Islam. I know because I was a violent and sensual man before my salvation experience.

Unfortunately, there's no degree of argument that can convert a muslim to the Christian faith without signs and wonders. I could not have believed or surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus in light of my indoctrination and seeming contradictions in the Bible. In fact, my salvation and continuous walk as a believer in Christ Jesus is nothing short of a miracle - Grace divine!

The LORD Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life! Nobody comes to the Father but by the Lord Jesus Christ!

I decree that every unsaved person who reads this piece shall receive the seed of regeneration into his or her heart, in Jesus' name. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by colp2015: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
Regeneration of the sunken and comatose human spirit cannot be achieved by reading any book, Bible or any known and unknown Scripture. What we read is subject to the mind. The problem of the unregenerated human spirit is beyond the grasp of the intellect. This is the reason it's humanly impossible to arrive at salvation by READING, ANALYSIS or ARGUMENTS.

As a muslim, no Christian ever won an argument with me. Yet, when it was time for my salvation, God did it in such a way that my spirit was regenerated. A new awareness came upon me; my life took a 180 degree turn around. I could not explain it or how God did it. I just knew I was a hater of Jesus few minutes before the encounter; a sinner steeped in all manner of sins; but right after hearing the words flowing from an unassuming brother, something came alive in me.

My heart that was before then cold and recalcitrant was set ablaze with the love of God. The week following, I was filled with the Holy Spirit and started hearing the voice of God in my heart; knowing things well in advance. It has been a glorious experience ever since!

Man is a composite of spirit, soul and body. The human spirit is like fuel (evaporates at death); the soul is like a car engine (also departs and starts a journey at death), and the body. What we do by REASON takes place in our souls, in the mind; but the human spirit, which is the image of God in man is trapped and dormant deep within man. It's for this that human beings can never be satisfied with material acquisitions, academic achievements, etc. This condition creates a void in man that nothing external, abstract or concrete, seen or unseen, but ONLY GOD can fill up.

Bottom line: Man cannot arrive at the true knowledge of God by reading! There must be a definite encounter with the Spirit of life before man can know God.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No One comes to the Father but by Him.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by analice107: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
bilms:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.
Hahahahahahahaah. muhammed must be a woman
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by analice107: 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
AbuZola3:
'verily, it is of their falsehood that they say God has begotten ? And verily they are liars' Quran 37:151-152
Abu Zola3 which moniker have you been using all this while?

Just know this Allah is satan ans muhammed was his servant.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by ilynem(m): 5:12am On Jun 06, 2017
bilms:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.
You all need to stop listening to that mad man Zakir naik! Jesus! Do you all swallow every nonsense he throws at you? That guy isn't even normal upstairs. How can you take a Hebrew word and give it an Arabic meaning? Use the same logic, Allahu Akbar in Hebrew means Allah is a mouse! Jesus! You people should learn to read for yourself and stop listening to that mad man.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by ilynem(m): 5:21am On Jun 06, 2017

U just hit d nail on d head.I taught i was going to find MOHAMMAD in d bible,but no.These muslims sha.Only God will save their soul
Heard that rubbish from Zakir Naik once. I wonder why they even listen to that guy.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by ilynem(m): 5:33am On Jun 06, 2017
alimat2:

Answer not the fool his fooly,lest u become like him

I 4tocopy u signature

Let try and practice what we preach
I don't mean to sound offensive, but I always cringe when I see a woman defend Islam. I really can't put my head around it.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by ilynem(m): 5:35am On Jun 06, 2017
maclatunji:
I wonder how and why there was a battle between those Christians who believed in One God and those that believed in the concept of Trinity ever before Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was born. This means that the concept of trinity is a big anomaly because coming down from Abraham, Moses and even Jesus to Muhammad (PBUT) they all preached Oneness of God. In all honesty those who believe in the concept of the Trinity cannot deny that their doctrine is largely a political tool and cannot be Justified by the traditions of the Prophets starting from Adam. So if you truly claim to believe in God, you cannot believe in the trinity.

For example, here are the opinions of two of the earlier Christian Clerics Paul of Samasata and Lucian, two former Bishops of Antioch :

"Paul of Samasata was a Bishop of Antioch. He was
of the view that Christ was not God but a man and a prophet.
He differed only in degree from prophets who came before him
and that God could not have become man substantially.
Then we come across another Bishop of Antioch viz
Lucian. As a Bishop his reputation for sanctity was not
less than his fame as a scholar. He came down strongly against
the belief of Trinity. He deleted all mention of Trinity from
the Bible as he believed it to be a later interpolation not found
in the earlier Gospels. He was martyred in 312 A.D."

Source: http://www.islamicbulletin.com

Introduction to

THE
GOSPEL OF BARNABAS
EDITED AND TRANSLATED FROM
THE ITALIAN MS. IN THE IMPERIAL
LIBRARY AT VIENNA
BY
LONSDALE AND LAURA RAGG
WITH A FACSIMILE
OXFORD
AT THE CLARENDON PRESS

Trinity was not a new testament concept. You can find Trinity a lot in the old testament. But you are too blind to see it. And people all always have their opinions about a faith. It doesn't mean they are right!
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by ilynem(m): 5:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Sweetnecta:
@lepasharon^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what makes a 'prophet' a false prophet?

what fruit shall he be known by?

please give example of each so that we can know the false prophet and what fruit he brings and known by.

thanks.

if you wish, you can give us example of not 'false prophet and his fruit which he will be known by'.

i do know that jesus is alleged to have spoken those sentences while alive.

did he infer that he meant anyone outside the border of the 12 nations of israel? did he say there will not be any prophet sent to any people even to the whole world for the first time, since jesus was sent to the children of israel, only?

in the above, please use your bible to answer any and all question[s]. jesus knows himself best among mankind.

but God Almighty knows jesus better and if He tell a past or later prophet about jesus, then we have to accept what is provided by that prophet if we believe in God.
A prophet does three things basically.
1. Deliver God's message to the people. Muhammad fails this test as he manages to contradict everything in the Bible. Note that Muhammad never said the Bible was corrupt. In fact he confirms the authenticity of the Bible by saying you all should go to the people of the book. It is today's Muslims, seeing how much the Koran contradicts that same Bible that run around claiming the Bible to be corrupted. This simply means that Muhammad knew very little about the Bible himself, I mean hr actually thought Mary was part of the trinity.
2. A prophet makes prophesy. I bring it to you that Muhammad is the only prophet in the History of prophets without a single prophesy. I challenge you to mention one prophesy from Muhammad that is in full effect today? How can a prophet of God not have a single prophesy?
3. A prophet performs Miracles. All the prophets of the Bible had at least one miracle. The only one I keep hearing is that Muhammad rode to Jerusalem in a flying donkey. OK. But truth is, the only witness to this miracle was Muhammad himself! Jesus had witnesses. Moses had witnesses. So did Elijah and all the prophets.
So I wonder what makes this man a prophet??

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by ilynem(m): 5:51am On Jun 06, 2017
kimakimava:
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh to the believers....

"WHO ALLAH GUIDES CANNOT BE MISGUIDED AND WHO ALLAH MISGUIDES NONE CAN GUIDE" KHALAS.....

TEXT FROM BOOK OF BARNABAS:

"Then said the priest: How shall the Messiah be called, and what sign shall reveal his coming?
Jesus answered: The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendor. God said: "Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will create a paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that whoso bless thee be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed when I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation and thy word shall be true, in so much that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail. Mohammed is his blessed name.”
Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: ”O God, send us thy messenger: O Mohammed come quickly for the salvation of the world”

"Then Jesus rejoiced, and said: So far as I see, O woman, thou
art faithful : know therefore that in the faith of the Messiah shall
be saved every one that is elect of God; therefore it is necessary
that thou know the coming of the Messiah.

Said the woman : O Lord 1 , perchance thou art the Messiah.

Jesus answered : I am indeed sent to the house of Israel as
a prophet of salvation ; but after me shall come the Messiah 2 , sent
of God to all the world; for whom God hath made the world.
And then through all the world will God be worshipped, and
mercy received..."

"Said Jesus: When God shall judge on the Day of Judgement then our words shall cut like a sword him that believeth
that I am more than man"

"Jesus said again 1 : I confess before heaven, and call to witness everything that dwelleth upon the earth, that I am a stranger to all that men have said of me, to wit, that I am more than man. For I am a man, born of a woman,
subject to the judgement of God"

"Therefore I pray thee tell us the truth, art thou
the Messiah of God whom we expect ?

Jesus answered : It is true that God hath so promised, but
indeed I am not he, for he is made before me, and shall come
after me

The priest answered : By thy words and signs at any rate we
believe thee to be a prophet and an holy one of God, wherefore
I pray thee in the name of all Judea and Israel that thou for love
of God shouldn't tell us in what wise the Messiah will come.

Jesus answered : As God liveth, in whose presence my soul
standeth, I am not the Messiah whom all the tribes of the earth
expect, even as God promised to our father Abraham, saying :
" In thy seed will I bless all the tribes of the earth." But when
God shall take me away from the world, Satan will raise again
this accursed sedition, by making the impious believe that I am
God and son of God, whence my words and my doctrine shall be
contaminated, insomuch that scarcely shall there remain thirty
faithful ones : whereupon God will have mercy upon the world,
and will send his messenger for whom he hath made all things ; 102 b
who shall come from with power, and shall destroy the
idols with the idolaters; who shall take away the dominion from
Satan which he hath over men. He shall bring with him the
message of salvation for them that shall believe in him. and
blessed is he who shall believe his words."

Gospel of bananas is a fake. How many times will they tell you
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bennyann: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2017
lepasharon:
@ poster r u a christian? the gospel of barnabas is demonic!! if it aint in the bible it aint true!! barnabas was a notorious thief in the bible wat gud can come out of him disregard it it is evil!! shocked[

Oh my God! Lepasharon was once a Christian? shocked

Na nairaland spoil this girl. Kudos to se.un and his crew.

When are you coming back to the fold sis?
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by origam1112: 1:24am On Sep 20, 2021
Muhammad and Muhammadim r same , arabic and hebrew r so similar both r semetic languages so same rules ,
Muhammad have similar meaning in arabic to heberw no diffrent , mahmuud and Muhammad and ahmed r both
based on the verb hamda means partly giving thanks , Muhammad etc means the one who got thanks for everything
so it also means partly = lovely in terms of thanking , the word or the verb in arabic contain more meanings and much deeper than english. so even names in arabic contain meaning not only in hebrew. #semetic languages.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South African Pastor Feeds Church Members Engine Oil (photos) / 12-Year-Old Lesbian At Bishop Daniel Obinim's Church For Deliverance (Video, Pic / Should I Be Worried Seeing Dead People In My Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.