Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,318 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context (675 Views)

Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context / Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship / "Nasir El-Rufai Is My Brother" - Kadaria Ahmed Says In An Old Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Rokaa(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Some mischief makers are busy trying to drag El-Rufai's name to their pit where they fed just to misguide and set up gullible Nigerians against the people's Governor just to score cheap political point!

They took the snapshot of El-Rufai's interview with Imam Imam that carries the headline - EL-RUFAI - IT'S TIME TO RESTRUCTURE NATION and Comparing it with the Channels TV's #SunriseDaily EL-RUFAI: MANY OF THE POLITICIANS CALLING FOR RESTRUCTURING ARE OPPORTUNISTS.

But because they have interior motives, they refused to tell you the contents of both the two interviews! Anyway what do you expect from HATERS and LOOSERS?

Kindly read excerpt from both interviews objectively and be the judge!

10th August 2010

For Nigeria to move to the next level, the issue of true federalism must be addressed, according to former FCT Minister, Malam Nasir El-Rufai. He shares his thoughts with Imam Imam.
Apprehension about the composition and workability of the Nigerian nation-state will subside if the country tilts towards true federalism, according to former FCT Minister, Malam Nasir El-Rufai.

He said:

"The present situation of things where all the component units get monthly allocations from the Federal Government only makes the states lazy and unproductive, adding that lack of foresight, financial discipline and lackadaisical approach to governance has played huge roles in limiting the country's march to greatness" - El-Rufai #Thisday 10th August, 2010

“For many people, when you talk about restructuring, it is political opportunism. Most of what you see in the media, most of the people that talk about restructuring or give long lectures about restructuring are unable to give you any concrete ideas about what it really means.

This administration under President Buhari has done more about Federalism than the previous administration.

Kaduna has been working with the Minister of solid mineral to explore our gold and local resources. The Federal Allocation has made some states irresponsible.

My plan for Kaduna is to have 80% of our budget from IGR just like Lagos"
- El-Rufai #SunriseDaily 29th June 2017

Addendum:

El-Rufai have never change ground on the issue of #Restructuring and true federalism. The whole issue is rounded on perspective: looking at an issue from different point of view. The two excerpts above prove that El-Rufai is a focused and honest Leader!

http://www.arewaonline.com/31/elrufai-is-pro-restructuringfederalism-his

lalasticlala mynd44 seun
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Igbos, take note.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
"My plan for Kaduna is to have 80% of our budget from IGR just like Lagos"
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by quiverfull(m): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
El Rufai is one of the most misunderstood men I'm Nigerian politics.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Rokaa(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
quiverfull:
El Rufai is one of the most misunderstood men I'm Nigerian politics.

Deliberately misunderstood.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Ehiscotch(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
CC Lalasticlala. This must make FP.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Ehiscotch(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
From the headlines he said "THOSE calling for restructuring". There should be emphasis on the subject "Those" . I have not read the full details but based on the headlines it would be most unfortunate if we are to be ignorant.. I know we all love to hate anything APC but let's not be becloud our judgements .
That was my comment on that thread and I got bashed for it. CC MYND44.
You mods pushed that previous thread to FP with due diligence.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Ehiscotch(m): 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
CC sarrki
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Rokaa(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:

My plan for Kaduna is to have 80% of our budget from IGR just like Lagos

And he's on track, he increased Kaduna's Igr from 11.54 billion to 17.05 billion.

That's 5.51 billion addition. Do you know there are 16 states whose 2016 igr is below 6 billion?
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Rokaa:

And he's on track, he increased Kaduna's Igr from 11.54 billion to 17.05 billion.

That's 5.51 billion addition. Do you know there are 16 states whose 2016 igr is below 6 billion?
that's for the first quarter of 217. the highest the state has ever generated.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Rokaa(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:
that's for the first quarter of 217. the highest the state has ever generated.

His predecessor didn't try at all, in 2012 the igr is 11.53 and in 2015 11.54.

But in just 1 year elrufai added 5.51 billion. This is focus and determination.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Blue3k(m): 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Yup El Rufi is in support of states taking care of themselves. Now who are the parasites again? Go state by stare to figure out who kicking against it. The restructuring issue is cloudy because there hardly a clear definition to be offered. Some people mean getting rid of allocation system, othere mean going towards regions, others can mean a mix of both.
Re: El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context by Rokaa(m): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Blue3k:
Yup El Rufi is in support of states taking care of themselves. Now who are the parasites again? Go state by stare to figure out who kicking against it. The restructuring issue is cloudy because there hardly a clear definition to be offered. Some people mean getting rid of allocation system, othere mean going towards regions, others can mean a mix of both.

Getting rid of allocation to them is killing two birds with one stone, they think it will starve the FG(Awusa oppressors) , and parasitic north.

(1) (Reply)

Thread Closed / Osinbajo Leaves UK After Meeting With Buhari (video) / Suspension: I’m Going Nowhere, Embattled NHIS Boss, Usman Dares Health Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.