Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,113 members, 7,852,766 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose (23834 Views)

Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / Do You Truly Love GOD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by hopefulLandlord: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

I didn't ask for suggestions. I asked that you rephrase based on the parameters I gave.

I can't spoonfeed you

if you still can't see it from my posts to you so far...........
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
lepasharon:

You don't say? grin Teacher

By the way, in the context of my comment and your response the phrase "You don't say" is an expression of surprise so always ends with an exclamation (!) and not a question mark (?).

Stay classy.
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

Oh I do say! You see " trash" is easily identifiable via it's stench. Likewise a well seasoned wholesome meal is also identified via it's aroma.

Stench and aroma are both expressive yet distinct.

undecided
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I can't spoonfeed you

if you still can't see it from my posts to you so far...........

This was why I asked if you lived my life. You would only be able to rephrase it if you did.

Since you didn't then stop trying to correct me in order to make yourself happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

By the way, in the context of my comment and your response the phrase "You don't say" is an expression of surprise so always ends with an exclamation (!) and not a question mark (?).

Stay classy.

Why don't you be an English teacher
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by hopefulLandlord: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

This was why I asked if you lived my life. You would only be able to rephrase it if you did.

and I already showed I don't need to live your life to see that that sentence could've been presented in a better way, that you can't doesn't mean it can't, take a look at my posts and you'll see I've already shown you a way it could've been done

Since you didn't then stop trying to correct me in order to make yourself happy.
I did, stop denying I did to make yourself happy
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
lepasharon:

Why don't you be an English teacher

Why do you not express good English as someone allegedly born here?
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by frank317: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

These were my exact words, "Strange as it may sound but I am ever so glad my dad died WHEN he did regardless of how he did. If he did not then I would not have come here when I did and I would not have gone through all I did and ended up here based on decisions triggered by some of my experiences"

My statement was by no means celebratory but was simply an acknowledgement of TIMING. Kindly read comments with a pinch of understanding.

Your father's death was a sad event that happened in ur life. His death should never be appreciated because of the time you left for UK. If he was alive, life for you now could have been worst or better. Stop assuming you know all possible outcomes that would have occurred in ur life just because u now believe in a Jewish fairy tale.
It's absolutely disrespectful to your dad for you to be glad he died at the time he died so that you could go to UK.
Thinking so makes u no different from people who kill their parents to have a better life either by rituals or selling off their properties.
Let me ask you, given what u know now, would u kill your dad so that u can go to the uk if the past could repeat itself? If your answer is no then u should never be glad he died at the time he died.
But u might not know it, Ur statement above already implies your answer is an affirmative yes, either u or ur God could have killed Ur dad over again so that u can go to the uk.
Tufiakwa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

and I already showed I don't need to live your life to see that that sentence could've been presented in a better way, that you can't doesn't mean it can't, take a look at my posts and you'll see I've already shown you a way it could've been done

I did, stop denying I did to make yourself happy

You seem not to see my point. You can only correct me if you actually lived my life. If you didn't then why and how would you assume you hold corrections for me when I expressed myself in sync with my life's experiences.

You simply want to make yourself happy. So let your correction stay within you and make YOU happy alright?
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by hopefulLandlord: 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
frank317:

Your father's death was a sad event that happened in ur life. His death should never be appreciated because of the time you left for UK. If he was alive, life for you now could have been worst or better. Stop assuming you know all possible outcomes that would have occurred in ur life

Well........
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
frank317:

Your father's death was a sad event that happened in ur life. His death should never be appreciated because of the time you left for UK. If he was alive, life for you now could have been worst or better. Stop assuming you know all possible outcomes that would have occurred in ur life just because u now believe in a Jewish fairy tale.
It's absolutely disrespectful to your dad for you to be glad he died at the time he died so that you could go to UK.
Thinking so makes u no different from people who kill their parents to have a better life either by rituals or selling off their properties.
Let me ask you, given what u know now, would u kill your dad so that u can go to the uk if the past could repeat itself? If your answer is no then u should never be glad he died at the time he died.
But u might not know it, Ur statement above already implies your answer is an affirmative yes, either u or ur God could have killed Ur dad over again so that u can go to the uk.
Tufiakwa

Kindly read my banter with Mr hopefullandlord. I don't wish to expend a perfectly good time with a fresh response to you.

1 Like

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

Why can't you express good English as someone allegedly born here?

Cos again I'm not writing a cover letter. I'm only talking to anonymous folks on an online forum therefore my English expression doesn't count against me, Im not out here to impress. Why is that hard to fathom?

Besides do all English ppl speak good English?
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by hopefulLandlord: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

You seem not to see my point. You can only correct me if you actually lived my life. If you didn't then why and how would you assume you hold corrections for me when I expressed myself in sync with my life's experiences.
I and Frank317 already showed you we don't have to live your life to see the way you referenced your Father's death in that statement is not good unless you have knowledge on how your life would've turned out with him

damn! this is becoming nauseating
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
lepasharon:

Cos again I'm not writing a cover letter. I'm only talking to anonymous folks on an online forum therefore my English expression doesn't count against me, Im not out here to impress. Why is that hard to fathom?

Besides do all English ppl speak good English?

So your excuse is to align with those who like you do not speak or type proper English? You even know you do not type English correctly which says a lot about when you do speak it.

Stop using another person's erroneous ways to justify yours. Accept correction and better yourself.

Crass isn't class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I and Frank317 already showed you we don't have to live your life to see the way you referenced your Father's death in that statement is not good unless you have knowledge on how your life would've turned out with him

damn! this is becoming nauseating

You did not live my life yet you feel you hold the right to know why I said what I said yeah?

Rephrase it for me and you still cannot. Suggestions are not what I asked for.

You are becoming cringeworthy.

1 Like

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by frank317: 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

Oh I do say! You see " trash" is easily identifiable via it's stench. Likewise a well seasoned wholesome meal is also identified via it's aroma.

Stench and aroma are both expressive yet distinct.

U are such an arrogant lady. U think because u are in the UK English is the only language that exists.

I am igbo, I only speak English which is not my mother tongue because of the need to communicate. I musnt be perfect.

It will be completely foolish of me to mock u because you try speaking Igbo and got some words wrong. Should I say u are uneducated becasue u can't speak Igbo?
Abeg park well. We know the game u are playing. When u are held to the wall with no where to go, u bring in the English thingy, a facking foreign language that is not ours, to distract us from the topic at hand.

Accept it. It's wrong for you to be glad your father died for any reason as long as the man didn't have any bad intention for u while he was alive.

1 Like

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by hopefulLandlord: 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

You did not live my life yet you feel you hold the right to know why I said what I said yeah?

Rephrase it for me and you still cannot. Suggestions are not what I asked for.

take your glasses and read my posts again, I already did what you're saying, if you still can't see it I can't help you

let me give you a hint

"My dad's death is a very sad thing but perhaps his dying made me a better person"

doesn't that sound better than throwing your dad under the bus like you did, someone your mother had ONLY good words for?
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
frank317:

U are such an arrogant lady. U think because u are in the UK English is the only language that exists.

I am igbo, I only speak English which is not my mother tongue because of the need to communicate. I musnt be perfect.

It will be completely foolish of me to mock u because you try speaking Igbo and got some words wrong. Should I say u are uneducated becasue u can't speak Igbo?
Abeg park well. We know the game u are playing. When u are held to the wall with no where to go, u bring in the English thingy, a facking foreign language that is not ours, to distract us from the topic at hand.

Accept it. It's wrong for you to be glad your father died for any reason as long as the man didn't have any bad intention for u while he was alive.

Who is "holding" me up against a wall? You? Mr hopefullandlord? Who?

If you wish to make yourself happy by assuming you are me so wish to have "regrets" on my behalf then have a blast.

Your comment has been seen, yet discarded. Thank you.
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

So your excuse is to align with those who like you do not speak or type proper English? You even know you do not type English correctly which says a lot about when you do speak it.

Stop using another person's erroneous ways to justify yours. Accept correction and better yourself.

Crass isn't class.

Obviously my typed English isn't good as I speak in text speak undecided
Does anyone speak in text language? undecided

You are very myopic
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

take your glasses and read my posts again, I already did what you're saying, if you still can't see it I can't help you

let me give you a hint

"My dad's death is a very sad thing but perhaps his dying made me a better person"

doesn't that sound better than throwing your dad under the bus like you did, someone your mother had ONLY good words for?

So you are the type who wants everything spelt out for you in coloured pictures.

You see I asked you if you lived my life and you know you obviously didn't. So how and when did you assume the "I know her" role and somehow feel I was not saddened at my father's death?

My comment which you seem to detest as if you were my father's illegitimate son was simply written in relation to my story and not my entire expression of my relationship with my father.

Now I think you need to put on your glasses and read.

1 Like

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
lepasharon:

Obviously my typed English isn't good as I speak in text speak undecided
Does anyone speak in text language? undecided

You are very myopic

So your typed English is admittedly not as good as your spoken English but your forget that your typed words are simply mental projections which are being put in writing.

In other words when you type you are first "speaking" to yourself in your head before outward expression.

So you see, I can say your English as texts and your spoken English aren't much different.

You are the one being Myopic Missy.
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
frank317:

This!

She is very myopic.Even English ppl who are custodians of the language don't speak it perfectttly. They talk in colloquial. Does that make them less english?

It's her usual crap
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by hopefulLandlord: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

So you are the type who wants everything spelt out for you in coloured pictures.

I'm the type that sees bullsheeet and calls it out when I feel like it

You see I asked you if you lived my life and you know you obviously didn't. So how and when did you assume the "I know her" role and somehow feel I was not saddened at my father's death?
because you are "ever so glad" your "father died when he did no matter how he did", that has NO hint of sadness to it, nobody that isn't glad his/her father died should construct a sentence that way

My comment which you seem to detest as if you were my father's illegitimate son was simply written in relation to my story and not my entire expression of my relationship with my father.
doesn't make that statement any less than throwing your dad into the path of an oncoming train

Now I think you need to put on your glasses and read.

take your advice
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by spacetacular(f): 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
lepasharon:

This!

She is very myopic.Even English ppl who are custodians of the language don't speak it perfectttly. They talk in colloquial. Does that make them less english?

It's her usual crap

English people are different from "English as a language". Stop saying "English people". Say "THE ENGLISH"! Colloquialism is only used during "familiar conversations " or better put it's used among friends. Are you familiar with me? Are you my friend? Why being informal or colloquial with a stranger?

I tell you again, crass isn't class.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

So your typed English is admittedly not as good as your spoken English but your forget that your typed words are simply mental projections which are being put in writing.

In other words when you type you are first "speaking" to yourself in your head before outward expression.

So you see, I can say your English as texts and your spoken English aren't much different.

You are the one being Myopic Missy.

So when ppl speak they say 'Lol' 'foh' 'Smh'?

Do all English ppl you encounter talk perfecttt English? Does that make them less British?

You are just grasping at straws here and I refuse to go round in circles with you. Ur usual crap
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by Student125(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
felixomor:

Ok sir. I hear
I think She has already explained again.
I just saw the mentions above.
In as much as it was already obvious before that it was contrary to what the atheists were painting.

I wanted to let this go but emphasising that it is obvious before her explanation will make me say,
Even though her intention for using those words is for the TIMING but I have to say the choice of words are wrong IMO. I know my opinion might not count but trying to justify from now till tomorrow won't change that.

Why must u be Glad that good thing happened to you cuz someone died.

she could have used one of the below even though there are more ways to pass her message across,

1) Coming to UK when I did wouldn't have happen if not for the unfortunate death of my dad which triggered my decision to choose my career path that gives me opportunity to help others.

2) Unfortunately, I had to relocate to UK with my mum after the tragic demise of my father, though the circumstances surrounding his death coupled with my life experience triggered my decision to choose the career path I am trailing now.

Just accept nobody is perfect and move on.
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
spacetacular:

English people are different from "English as a language". Stop saying "English people". Colloquialism is only used during "familiar conversations " or better put it's used among friends. Are you familiar with me? Are you my friend? Why being informal or colloquial with a stranger?

I tell you again, crass isn't class.

because.you.dont. Matter
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by frank317: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
lepasharon:

This!

It's her usual crap

She has resigned to be a slave forever. She thinks she is in the almighty UK, therefore English is the only language that exists. She now has a perfect life. She not only worships a foreign God, she now thinks English is superior to her native language.
Now I understand why she is glad her poor dad died for her to go to the greatest land that ever existed.
I speak enough English for anyone to read and understand. Oyibo should even pay me for speaking their language, now it's time for them to learn mine or...

3 Likes

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by felixomor: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
lepasharon:

So when ppl speak they say 'Lol' 'foh' 'Smh'?

Do all English ppl you encounter talk perfecttt English? Does that make them less British?

You are just grasping at straws here and I refuse to go round in circles with you. Ur usual crap

Go sleep.
I wonder why this story has kept you glued..? ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by hopefulLandlord: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Student125:

I wanted to let this go but emphasising that it is obvious before her explanation will make me say,
Even though her intention for using those words is for the TIMING but I have to say the choice of words are wrong IMO. I know my opinion might not count but trying to justify from now till tomorrow won't change that.

she could have used one of the below even though there are more ways to pass her message across,

1) Coming to UK when I did wouldn't have happen if not for the unfortunate death of my dad which triggered my decision to choose my career path that gives me opportunity to help others.

2) Unfortunately, I had to relocate to UK with my mum after the tragic demise of my father, though the circumstances surrounding his death coupled with my life experience triggered my decision to choose the career path I am trailing now.

finally, a Christian with the balls to call her out on that sentence, the others are just singing her praises
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by lepasharon(f): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
frank317:

She has resigned to be a slave forever. She thinks she is in the almighty UK, therefore English is the only language that exists. She now has a perfect life. She not only worships a foreign God, she now thinks English is superior to her native language.
Now I understand why she is glad her poor dad died for her to go to the greatest land that ever existed.
I speak enough English for anyone to read and understand. Oyibo should even pay me for speaking their language, now it's time for them to learn mine or...

She is just grasping at straws, no argument again
Re: All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose by felixomor: 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Student125:

After admitting she had to explain,
Then you became English teacher.....

After you will say we want to win arguments ba?

Mscheww, anyway, majority of us who read the story were blessed.
And we got the message which is different from what the atheists want to believe.

You are free to join anyside.... cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Pastor Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Claims To Have Resurrected A Dead Woman / Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church / Praise The Lord... The Lords Chosen Is 20 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.