Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? (1235 Views)

How Did Nnamdi Kanu Know / How Did Nnamdi Kanu Became This Powerful / How Did Nnamdi Kanu Enter Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
I have been thinking of this, given the massive popularity Nnamdi Kanu has gotten since he was released. Did he read about a similar plan by the Zikist Movement in the 1940s?

In the 1940s the Zikist Movement, a radical youth led organization decided that the gentlemanly way Nigerian nationalists were going about the independence agitation was to just not going to do.

So, they decided to become more radical. According to Nduka Eze, a foremost Zikist, the Zikists hoped that as a result of their agitation the colonial authorities would arrest Zik, a move they hoped would spark an uprising that would lead to Nigeria’s independence.

But following a crackdown on the movement, the British decided not to arrest Zik but rather to negotiate with him and other nationalists, and on October 1 1960, they gave Nigeria its independence without having to a war of independence with the Zikists and other nationalists.

So, my question is this: did Nnamdi Kanu read about the Zikist plan to use any arrest of Zik to start a popular uprising? Since his release, Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB movement have certainly gotten more popular.

So, what do you think, guys?

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2017/07/01/did-nnamdi-kanu-plan-his-own-arrest/#more-3159

1 Like

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Na him turn to shine let's support him.

1 Like

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by fistonati(m): 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Did this government also fall for the bait?

2 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by ESDKING: 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
He set trap for the vegetable and he fell into it. Glory be to God.
I must confess, I was seeing Kanu as Nobody even anything like Biafra was like a history I use to read on textbooks. Today, echoes of Biafra is everywhere which made a lot of us to develop passion for it because the vegetable made it possible by arresting Kanu which was a blessing in disguise.
All thanks to skeleton for a job well done.

8 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by GMBuhari: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
I see Brainlessness
Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Okoroawusa: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
u answer dat ur question...did he?
Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by joeyfire(m): 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
He definitely put himself on the line when he came back to Nigeria. His arrest and arraignment made him a superstar. I can bet he is looking forward to being arrested again so his fame can rise even more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
joeyfire:
He definitely put himself on the line when he came back to Nigeria. His arrest and arraignment made him a superstar. I can bet he is looking forward to being arrested again so his fame can rise even more
Hmm. Do you think Government will arrest Kanu again over his call for boycott of Anambra elections, seeing the results of the previous arrest?

1 Like

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by toolovely(m): 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
it was all planned. the name calling, the so called insulting other tribes was just to get the attention he needed and the Nigerian government fell for it.

I ask people, has he insulted any tribe since he came out from prison, No.

and the arrest has given him the opportunity of working on ground other than from radio Biafra.

will anyone say he didn't succeed? even if Biafra isn't achieved, but for the first time, the northerners are agreeing to restructuring which they initially opposed.

5 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
toolovely:
it was all planned. the name calling, the so called insulting other tribes was just to get the attention he needed and the Nigerian government fell for it.

I ask people, has he insulted any tribe since he came out from prison, No.

and the arrest has given him the opportunity of working on ground other than from radio Biafra.

will anyone say he didn't succeed? even if Biafra isn't achieved, but for the first time, the northerners are agreeing to restructuring which they initially opposed.
Wow. If that is true, then Kanu can be called a man who saw tomorrow. When he was first arrested IPOB youths were saying its all planned work and the Federal Government was falling into a trap. Their opponents laughed at them, even photoshopping a picture showing Nnamdi Kanu regretting his Biafra agitation in court. But now, it seems the IPOB youths were telling the truth that it was all planned work from the start.

What other planned work do these youths have in their determination to achieve Biafra? Are they setting another trap for the Federal Government?

2 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by mirabel001(f): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
all dis zikist self.....nnamdi kanu is a wise man
Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by limeta(f): 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Bubu 've no brains
All the same job well done.

2 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by fastjett: 1:33am On Jul 02, 2017
According to what Kanu himself said to one of the umuada women that came to visit him recently he said that they told him that they will arrest him and lock him up and throw away the key. So if this is what they told him and he still came down to Nigeria that mean he was baiting the Government to actually arrest him.He always said then that time will come when IPOB will not pay or beg anybody to talk or write about them, but they will be looking for IPOB/ Biafra news to carry. And that is exactly what is happening now. That man is very prepared for this struggle and his 100 miles ahead of anybody fighting him.
Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by ApexPredator: 1:38am On Jul 02, 2017
He laid out the bait like a seasoned predator and they fell for it. grin

1 Like

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Nwodosis(m): 2:09am On Jul 02, 2017
fastjett:
According to what Kanu himself said to one of the umuada women that came to visit him recently he said that they told him that they will arrest him and lock him up and throw away the key. So if this is what they told him and he still came down to Nigeria that mean he was baiting the Government to actually arrest him.He always said then that time will come when IPOB will not pay or beg anybody to talk or write about them, but they will be looking for IPOB/ Biafra news to carry. And that is exactly what is happening now. That man is very prepared for this struggle and his 100 miles ahead of anybody fighting him.
You are very correct, he said a day shall come and all that will be in the media is Biafra, every part of country will be discussing Biafra. He also said that will destroy this country without a bullet but with truth! It was my first day of listening to the radio Biafra that he was saying these, I told myself, "look at this idiot" then I wasn't his fan but now I'm more idiotic(in the eyes of non Biafrans) than him as his follower! He's divinely sent for our Freedom.

3 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 02, 2017
Of course because the only way he would have been arrested was if he made himself available.

3 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by myright: 2:16am On Jul 02, 2017
My own little way of campaigning for the boycott of the Anambra election.

7 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Blue3k(m): 2:27am On Jul 02, 2017
A conspiracy theory I actually like. I think Kanu strategy was intenational. He knew they would arrest him and made no attempt to hide. He probably checked into hotel under his real name.

It brought a lititle bit of attention to the known negative behavior of the Nigerian government. The quit notice thoughtlessly put out by Elderly Arewa youths forum got UN attention. This means now UN will take interest if they enforce order.

What I don't get is if Kanu is really breaking his bail conditions why not arrest him. This either means Nigeria is incompetent or he's not breaking rules.

Ps: do you find it funny the secessionist lost their mind thinking your their enemy for criticism of Kanu?

1 Like

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by modik(m): 2:27am On Jul 02, 2017
...Even those mods who took pleasure in banning/deleting any post containing the dreaded key word which starts with "B" have all gone numb!

All Hail Biafra!

God bless NK.

Lest we forget, remember Pastor Tunde Bakare revealed he saw a giant man on Igbo attire, chasing him in the dream before his collapse on the alter.

That vision has fulfilled in NK. Nigeria [the zoo] is on the run, chased by same figure.

https://www.nairaland.com/2370025/pastor-tunde-bakare-saw-igbo

2 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 02, 2017
Blue3k:
A conspiracy theory I actually like. I think Kanu strategy was intenational. He knew they would arrest him and made no attempt to hide. He probably checked into hotel under his real name.

It brought a lititle bit of attention to the known negative behavior of the Nigerian government. The quit notice thoughtlessly put out by Elderly Arewa youths forum got UN attention. This means now UN will take interest if they enforce order.

What I don't get is if Kanu is really breaking his bail conditions why not arrest him. This either means Nigeria is incompetent or he's not breaking rules.

Ps: do you find it funny the secessionist lost their mind thinking your their enemy for criticism of Kanu?
fastjett:
Hmm. Whether one agrees with Kanu or not, one cannot deny that the man is a master strategist. He has probably foreseen some of the steps being taking against him. Which means that anyone who wants to prevent him from achieving his aim has to not just be very good, but very very good. Remarkable.

2 Likes

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by DieBuhari: 7:55am On Jul 02, 2017
Even Nairaland that declared themselves to be anti Biafra now hug Biafran news for traffic.

1 Like

Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
DieBuhari:
Even Nairaland that declared themselves to be anti Biafra now hug Biafran news for traffic.
Nnamdi Kanu has charisma.
Re: Did Nnamdi Kanu Arrange For His Own Arrest? by attackgat: 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
igbodefender:
Hmm. Do you think Government will arrest Kanu again over his call for boycott of Anambra elections, seeing the results of the previous arrest?

Election boycott is legal, there is nothing to arrest over it.

(1) (Reply)

Epic Picture Of Osun Governor Waving To A Mammoth Crowd / Breaking News! IPOB Denied Ordering Anambra Election Boycott / EU President Comes After Nigerian Army After Seeing Video Of IPOB Killings(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.