Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145336 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by AlanSugar(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Optimist88:
In our days back in the university, most of my guys want to go to CE because you will be welcomed with a 'Holy kiss' from a sexy sister! You're new as a guy, you receive a wet kiss!

Ehn ehn! Omo, see strategy to raise cash in CE! Chai, the devil is a learner.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
chronique:
Christ embassy is not a church, but a disco/night club for people who want to be Christians but aren't ready to totally leave the sinful world. I don't see pastor Chris as a man of God. Someone who said masturbation wasn't a sin... All the pastors and cell leaders are neck deep in fornication and adultery. Years ago, I met a lady in a bus on my way to Benin for my sister's convocation. She and her friend had struggled among themselves for who would sit beside me. As the journey began, it didn't take long for her to start showing green light. She rested her head on my arms and very close to my chest. Anybody seeing us would have thought we were a couple. We got to ore and I took the initiative from there to chat her up and we exchanged numbers. By the time I left Benin, we spoke and she talked about coming over to see me in Lagos. During our subsequent discussion, I got to know she was a cell leader in school (uniben). We talked about different things and I came to understand that she didn't see anything wrong with fornication. She made me understand that even senior pastors in the church practiced it. The day she came visiting, she didn't spend 5 mins before jumping on my bed that she wants to sleep. The whole thing was like a movie to me. If not for the fact that my dad and I had somewhere to go to, it would have been straight to sex. Now, I'm not trying to sound like a saint but for the fact that she was supposed to be the one preaching against fornication as a cell leader, I expected much more from her. At least, let me be the one gingering her and saying "don't worry, God will forgive us; let's just have it this once"...lol. The whole thing kept me wondering how they can comfortably live in sin and still climb up the altar to preach the gospel without conscience.
Judas iscariot was an apostle, called and chosen by Jesus. So is it also right to judge Jesus or all other apostles using Judas as a yardstick. if the devil used Judas who was at the same table with Jesus, ate in the same bowl, then who is dat girl who told u fornication is not a sin that d devil cannot use.
For masturbation, Come up with ur argument, WHY IS MASTURBATION ON ITS OWN A SIN?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
wristbangle:

Google will give reference to the bolded.

At the italics, provide cogent example to back up the statement.

Yes CE is worded but saying they started the Latin words as a referral for other churches is pure nonsense
Ok CE is worded and yet u open ur mouth to say wat u said about it right?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Chubbiehills(f): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from
pls are your senses functioning?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
abumeinben:

The apostles had played their roles to bring the gospel to you. Now you need another apostles to help you pray to him?
who is talking pray, wat of understanding the scriptures? Yes at some points where my faith may not be enof to carry me, i need someone with a higher faith.
Also bros explain to me wat paul meant wen he said "is there any among u that is sick, let him go to the elders" why didnt he say let him pray directly
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by chronique(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

Judas iscariot was an apostle, called and chosen by Jesus. So is it also right to judge Jesus or all other apostles using Judas as a yardstick. if the devil used Judas who was at the same table with Jesus, ate in the same bowl, then who is dat girl who told u fornication is not a sin that d devil cannot use.
For masturbation, Come up with ur argument, WHY IS MASTURBATION ON ITS OWN A SIN?

The Bible tells us to flee from every appearance of sin, and from all forms of sexual immorality. The Bible talks about us already sinning by lusting after a person. For you to masturbate, you must have had the image of a lady in your mind, and imagined yourself having sex with her.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nancy2016: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from

Who are you to command your fellow human being to "return to the pit of hell"? He has made some salient points, instead of you to write a rebuttal, you resort to calling him"an agent of hell".
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Religion is form of government,i jejely stay in my house, that Christ embassy that i was invited to one time and they asked me to start speaking in tongues, was like Wtf!
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
chronique:

The Bible tells us to flee from every appearance of sin, and from all forms of sexual immorality. The Bible talks about us already sinning by lusting after a person. For you to masturbate, you must have had the image of a lady in your mind, and imagined yourself having sex with her.
If ur wife just delivered and u masturbated while thinking about her,how is it a sin? or can u lust after ur own wife?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Ishilove: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
JohnXcel:
Oh oh oh! Okay, I see...sounds great, but my mind is going to 'isi ewu' right now as in head of goat (you know, the 'Ishi'-'Isi' part of it). grin grin grin.

It's a very simple, yet nice sounding name wink smiley
Indeed it is smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by abumeinben(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

who is talking pray, wat of understanding the scriptures? Yes at some points where my faith may not be enof to carry me, i need someone with a higher faith.
Also bros explain to me wat paul meant wen he said[b] "is there any among u that is sick, let him go to the elders" [/b]why didnt he say let him pray directly

When Paul was hit by a viper, he didn't pray! That's what you should be looking at, not the "babes" he was referring to. Besides, these men of "god" no longer play their roles as they ought.

Bro, your thoughts about these men is what would make your wife listen to your pastor more than you, if you don't learn to hear from God directly, unless your wife is a spiritual backbone.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Jolonjolo: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.

I believe in the authority of Results and not in authority of Ideas. This church you are criticizing has result which is obvious to the whole world. See you can't do spiritual things with flesh or gimmicks and not be caught one day.

Also by their fruits we shall know them. Christ embassy has produced best spirit filled and anointed worshipers, I don't think this is a coincidence. Perhaps there is a grace flowing in the house.

Acts 5:38-38
So in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone. Let them go! For if their purpose or endeavor is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop them.

If their work be of men it will surely fail but if it be of God, you can't stop them.

If you believe church is easy, then go and start one and use your gimmicks. Let's watch your ministry for 10, 20, 30 years down the line.

To me it really obvious the OP is not a member. You can't be a true christian and have a problem with giving. Please bear in mind I am not a CE member. The scriptures in the bible that support different types of giving. Giving to the poor, giving to Church, giving to a man of God, giving to our parents and lots of them but people always have problems with giving to a man of God yet it is one of the secrets to divine prosperity. Read Philippians 4: 10-19 You will understand that the prayer that everybody prays 'My God shall supply your needs according to his riches in glory'. Paul Prayed the prayer only for the people that gave to him.

You are there pontificating and postulating, where there are millions of people sponsoring the work of God across the universe with millions of dollars. Who are going to be the Joseph of Aramatia of this generation, the Dorcas, the priscilla and aquilla and lots of them.

If you have the right heart, pray that God should provide for you so that you can give to all the categories the bible advised us to give to, especially sponsoring the gospel of Jesus like Ezra & Nehemiah in the bible.

Reject Poverty
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Gourdoinc(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

Do u have any view of christianity that counters his own dat u want to come here and defend so i will drag u to the floor for ur ignorance. Yes i will keep giving. I have numerous testimonies so i wont stop .
and what about many like me who don't give nor attend most of those churches ruled by charlatans, what exactly explains the goodness of God in our lives. how Africans can talk about the white God with such closed endedness is appalling. Mr man you have been indoctrinated to believe that the goodness you see are based on the money you spend. if you have served deep in the occult and other religious pursuits you will understand that the concept of giving isn't a Christian one. it has roots in all religious pursuits. Jesus never came to this earth for your well being here. for you to have a good job, wealth, health or other wise. try and find out why he came and maybe from there you will realise why everything on earth to a Christian should be vanity. anything that goes outside the redemption of your soul after your earthly sojourn is vanity. I won't argue bible facts with someone who doesn't realise that the church predates that bible, Jesus predates the church. the everlasting knowledge of God is one which the Bible can only give you an introduction. for you to start a try life in Christ, then you will know and stop attempting churches run by charlatans. mind you I know for a fact he is a charlatan. no pun intended

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sarang:

Yea haha..nice to meet you smiley

It's my pleasure. How are you

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by chronique(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

If ur wife just delivered and u masturbated while thinking about her,how is it a sin? or can u lust after ur own wife?

What if I don't lust after my wife, but masturbate cos of a fine pretty sister in my church? Is that a sin?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by petra1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
kevoh:

Pastor joagbaje a.k.a Petra1 , come and clear your name and that of Christ embassy. Once again another allegation/accusation is knocking at the door of Christ Embassy.

There is no lele. Anybody can post any accusation against another . It's just attention getting things . If you want to leave a church . Leave jeje. If Judas were given opportunity to post . He would have good reason to betray Jesus from his perspective

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sexina851(f): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
MrMcJay:

Read the OP's post, read your post and go sit in one corner to think about your life.

U don't expect not to see people like her, always at d defensive. They don't question whatever their MOG says, it would take something stronger than prayers for her to be delivered

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by AlanSugar(m): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
happyheart:
Poster I am.shocked at you
I am not a member of Christ embassy but I am shocked at some of the things you shared
Firstly.. As a christian you have to give. No one in Christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give. Those who did/do are obviously trying to impress man and not God.
Secondly.. No where ever did pastor Anita accuse pastor Christ of adultery.Google is your friend! She listed abandonment, the fact that several checks on her before she could access master tapes of pastor messages and also the fact that lots of female pastors lived in white house(official residence) of pastor. Not once did she mention adultery.
Thirdly Pastor Chris is not an idol. People respect him and celebrate him. Those who idolizes him do so at their own detriment. Several msgs preached on CDs and in rhapsody talks about sin. The church doesn't condone sin. That you sinned as a leader doesn't mean you were encouraged to do so.
All you did was find fault! In a human institution, you must find faults. But the only snag is that you had to condemn and speak ill of the church. Man you are not born again!!!!!
Even if you go to Mfm or Catholic, you will still find fault.
At this point forget CE, forget PST Chris. Run your own race Oga. Repent!!! Return to God.salvation is personal
Its well with you

... "no one in christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give....."
2 questions :
1. Did you read the comment from a poster that an uncle was denied wedding in CE cause he was owing tithe monies to the tune of 1.2 million naira, and after waiting for over a year and in fervent prayers he had to leave to be wedded in another church and the members refused to attend. Can you open your mind and say that was not an encouragement to steal to please the church and its pastor??!
2. The story of the accountant who stole money from the coffers of Sheraton hotel to give to pastor Chris, why didn't pastor Chris return the money knowing fully well that christ himself as a commandment to mankind, said :thou shall not steal? I remember that incident as I saw on TV where Chris refused to return the money saying the money belongs to God. Again, open your mind and say that was not an encouragement for that theft and for other members to follow suit?
Pls be constructive for once!

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by gozzlin: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
vicfuntop:

Really sarcasm
Girl, you're beautiful. smiley
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by asamaigho(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.
are sure u are a mature Christian? cos ur response leaves less to be desired.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by gcof(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:

yeah, they are but they did not force anyone my brother. no matter how bad they are, they will never stop mentioning Jesus or saying something that will be useful to you even if it's in one sentence. remember, they are not Jesus, they are just mere human being like you that can be easily attracted to anything.

me o, no matter how bad a pastor or a church is, i don't mind. I just make sure i tap from them to build myself spiritually and physically. that's me!
Jesus Christ is the keyword, heaven is the button line, it should be stressed not in one sentence. A lot of people are not like you who know there right from their left, who knows which word to digest and which to be rejected. The purpose of the church is to guide us while we deligently wait for the second coming of Christ
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
abumeinben:

When Paul was hit by a viper, he didn't pray! That's what you should be looking at, not the "babes" he was referring to. Besides, these men of "god" no longer play their roles as they ought.

Bro, your thoughts about these men is what would make your wife listen to your pastor more than you, if you don't learn to hear from God directly, unless your wife is a spiritual backbone.

So is being a babe in Christ now a sin?
Yes i grasp the level u re talking about, wen i feel sick i lay my hands on d place and pray it would go, but not every christian has gotten to dat level. Some Christians still need the strenght of men of God who operate on higher annointing. There would be a challeng i will face and i will go to my pastor because God placed my under a tutor, that is why he created the office of a pastor for the perfection of the saints, or cant God perfect dem directly?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
I am not going to delve on this topic but I think Nairaland has got issues.
When it is related to Muslims topics, and you want to leave a comment, a message comes in a way like this
Do you agree that Allah is the only and true God?
Do you bla bla bla bla...
Do you this and this
If you click no, you can't comment on any thing of the sort, you click yes, and you drop your opinion about something, it's deleted. My brother, if a forum was designed for ua to give our viewpoints, be it positive or negative. Religion or whatsoever, and we are denied. why bother?
The country wants to be Islamized, and it starts with Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
if you read my quote, i said a "TRUE"
udemzyudex:

Who tell u say reverend father no dey straff too? Stay there, wetin person no know, na him dem dey call secret.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
chronique:

What if I don't lust after my wife, but masturbate cos of a fine pretty sister in my church? Is that a sin?
Yes it is a sin.
that is why he used the word "Masturbation on its own". wat makes it a sin is lusting after someone who is not ur wife. Is just like asking u is killing on its own a sin? the answer is NO. it depends on the reason for the killing. if u killed in self defence, its still killing but its not a sin
before u crucify me, ask urselves if being a soldier is a sin

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by asamaigho(m): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

hmmmm
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
Gourdoinc:
and what about many like me who don't give nor attend most of those churches ruled by charlatans, what exactly explains the goodness of God in our lives. how Africans can talk about the white God with such closed endedness is appalling. Mr man you have been indoctrinated to believe that the goodness you see are based on the money you spend. if you have served deep in the occult and other religious pursuits you will understand that the concept of giving isn't a Christian one. it has roots in all religious pursuits. Jesus never came to this earth for your well being here. for you to have a good job, wealth, health or other wise. try and find out why he came and maybe from there you will realise why everything on earth to a Christian should be vanity. anything that goes outside the redemption of your soul after your earthly sojourn is vanity. I won't argue bible facts with someone who doesn't realise that the church predates that bible, Jesus predates the church. the everlasting knowledge of God is one which the Bible can only give you an introduction. for you to start a try life in Christ, then you will know and stop attempting churches run by charlatans. mind you I know for a fact he is a charlatan. no pun intended
am here to slug it out with Christians alone. Since u re not a christian i think i will have no business explaining anything to u
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Trexnemesis(m): 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

Another captive spotted. Empty barrel.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
AlanSugar:

... "no one in christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give....."
2 questions :
1. Did you read the comment from a poster that an uncle was denied wedding in CE cause he was owing tithe monies to the tune of 1.2 million naira, and after waiting for over a year and in fervent prayers he had to leave to be wedded in another church and the members refused to attend. Can you open your mind and say that was not an encouragement to steal to please the church and its pastor??!
2. The story of the accountant who stole money from the coffers of Sheraton hotel to give to pastor Chris, why didn't pastor Chris return the money knowing fully well that christ himself as a commandment to mankind, said :thou shall not steal? I remember that incident as I saw on TV where Chris refused to return the money saying the money belongs to God. Again, open your mind and say that was not an encouragement for that theft and for other members to follow suit?
Pls be constructive for once!
1st paragraph, that is how the church ensures ur spiritual well being. just as a church wont join AS to AS for the fear of reproducing an SS, the church wont join a non tither because they believe his doesnt have financial security in Christ.
ur second paragraph, tell me wat will happen if evans before he was arrested came to church with a brown envelope of 100000 and gave it to support the work of God only for u to find out a week later that a kidnapper gave ur church money, Tell me who should be blamed, or maybe i shud stand before the offering box and ask people how they got the money they wanted to give before u accept it
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Kennitrust(m): 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
sophoccles:

I always knew Christ Embassy was a scam. Their pastors drink, smoke & embezzle money. How can such people be spiritual?
did u say smoke?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
THIS GUY is .... i'm sorry to say, is a fool.
you guys have totally forgotten that, the pastors are human being and not has perfect as Jesus u know.
they too always look for a way to get enlightened. so you too you are finding enlightenment that's why you're there.
teachings can never be perfect.
you are to take the ones that is useful to you and throw away the ones that are not.

the ministry of people is different. some is to teach holiness, some to teach on how to give, some is prosperity e.t.c.

and moreover, they didn't force you to give or did they point gun at you to give?
if they are not giving you what you want to hear, go to another place and stop making people feel like the church is diff.

MINISTRY OF EVERYONE IS DIFF.

you judging them, check Romans 2; 1-3
u are correct, it is called MANDATE AND vision. but to be frank some churches has already drifted from the Gods standard, God's can never compromise his standard, his standard will always stand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.