Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145333 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by hylyne(m): 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

Desist from sleeping with any of the church leaders, if you are involved in such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by lyricalz: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
i must confess, for me I have not been going to church for some time now. But deeper life is the best church I must say, because if u wanno worship God, then worship him, do not worship God with swag.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
lyricalz:
i must confess, for me I have not been going to church for some time now. But deeper life is the best church I must say, because if u wanno worship God, then worship him, do not worship God with swag.
You are right here

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by georgeike2(m): 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
look young man let me tell you something, you said they asked the church to pray for pst Chris message. I want to ask a question the message was it pastor Chris name that was mentioned or Jesus. anyway I can see that the time u took attending CE u never learn God's word b cos if u did even if you want to leave u will not sound like this. After all u r not the 1st person that have left the church. people that are there u are not in any way better of than them. I didn't judge u but just to let you know that there is no message of pastor Chris but God's message preach by pastor Chris. If u want Papa Adeboye message to purchase what will you say u want to buy the word of God abi.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by yahrant140(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
here we go again, you just confirm what the op just said is true! HAVING COMMUNION WITH PASTOR CHRIS.... SMH
yvelchstores:
Abeg come my brother, we are having communion service with Pastor Chris. Forget bad belle

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Raptor15:

Even the 80% of people you are trying to tell why you left CE on Nairaland are senseless I wonder the advice they will give you. I haven't been to my own church regularly this year, though I don't agree with some things they do in my Church doesn't mean I should start gossiping when I leave. Trust me saying all these in social media will not make you better or more spiritual.
idiota
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by udemzyudex(m): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:
if you read my quote, i said a "TRUE"

Oh, there are fake reverend father right?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by adanny01(m): 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

U dont sound like a Christian at all.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by humblemikel(f): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
"CHRIS EMBASSY"
I REMEMBER ONCE I WENT OUT WITH MY MAN TO BUY SOMETHING AND THE SO CALLED GIRLS (HOOKERS) FROM THAT EMBASSY STOP MY MAN AND INVITED HIM FOR A CHURCH PROGRAM SIDELINING ME, I JUST DEY LOOK WITH SURPRISE.... SHE EVEN DEMANDED FOR HIS PHONE NUMBER RIGHT BEFORE MY PRESENT. ALL I COULD ASK HER WAS, IN U EMBASSY, DON'T THEY NEED GIRLS SINCE SHE DIDN'T NOTICE ME. SHE JUST SMILE FOOLISHLY. RIGHT THERE, I GOT THE FLYER FROM MY MAN, TORE IT AND TROW IT ON HER FACE AND WE MOVE. MY MAN WAS LAUGHING THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mright05(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
PataAlhaja:

Can you all imagine this fool?
SMH

not just a fool....a big fool for tht matter
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ImaIma1(f): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
victorDanladi:

All these things are applicable to all modern day Pentecostal church.

Nope nope nope...i strongly disagree.

In my church, we give but no compulsion . We are made to understand the what the bible says about giving then it is left to you and God. They do not monitor our tithes.

We do not idolize the pastor. We respect him.We don't have to try to look like him. Our individuality shows and we work together like that.

Sin is not promoted even among pastors. The last pastor that was caught in a shameful act was cautioned and he left the church.

Our cell fellowship is more like a smaller family that allows the church know people's individual problems, when they are celebrating something, when they are in need,etc. Not to collect money.

Your church is meant to be there for you. As a financial dept member in my unit; I know how many times we have to help unit members with kids hospital bills, welfare needs,etc.

When i was ill, it seemed the whole church(as big as it is) knew because i got calls and messages constantly. I just had to get well.

So until you have attended every church and seen the way things are run...then you can come here and state your statistics according to facts and not hearsay or preconceived notions.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by georgeike2(m): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.
you see in CE they never force anyone to give. If u give is for your own good. During ur time there has it been anytime u didn't give and the project wasn't executed. at least CE is one church where you notice that is not only the pastors are that ae rich members too. and hope you are aware that CE pastor are not paid and yet non are broke. reason becos of their giving life style. people follow what works for them.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
yahrant140:
here we go again, you just confirm what the op just said is true! HAVING COMMUNION WITH PASTOR CHRIS.... SMH
haters never cease to amaze
communion with pastor Chris,wats wrong with it?.
He is d one presiding over the service.
na wa oooo people can just be cantakerous for no single reason
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Fourwinds: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

My brother wat us said is absolutely true. But d part of spiritual hunger haba, how manage, even if ur pastor doesnt feed u, do u listen to pastor Chris message at all. I mean does pst Chris only preach only giving too? i have more dan 300 pst Chris messagez wit me now and only 4 centered on giving. the rest are raw spiritual food.

I have been a member there for over 12yrs, i dont actually like everything going on there, but i focus on the word of God from there that has seen me grow so much spiritually. Its not bad dat u left, if u find a church dat would satisfy u spiritually remain there.

meanwhile am still waiting for the MASTURBATION IS A SIN crew. have they all suddenly gone dumb?
oh...masturbation is not a sin rite.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by georgeike2(m): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
3. Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy
In CE, Pst Chris is the standard; he is the orthodoxy of the word of God. He is in fact treated like God. His words are law. He could cancel engagements, delay marriages and, in my mother’s language, can do and undo!
Everything revolves around him. He has limitless powers and not inhibited by anything.

And what do they say about absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues. People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him. I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true. To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong, but who could challenge the KING? The man had also warned members never to discuss pastors and that they should run away where such matters are being discussed. What you have is a situation where people are so afraid to even consider the allegations against him, so as not to be consumed by fire! SMH!!!

With such a context, the man can get away with anything, including polygamy. He can rewrite the bible, claiming that some portions or verses were not clearly written. He can do ANYTHING, and the staunch members and the pastors would defend him. I mean ANYTHING.

They deify him, call him the ‘Jesus in white suit,’ ‘the Jesus of our time’ and such heresies.
Two personal experiences really got me worried.

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?
B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

please learn to say things the way they are. since you were in CE, have ever heard that members should pray to the God of Pst Chris like other churches do.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Chylo(m): 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Christ Embassy does not preach sin rather they preach righteousness, thats the gospel of Jesus Christ. But they rebuke sin and guide d members on how to live a righteous life. Its similar to the fact that they dont preach hell but heaven but guides members on how to become a citizen of heaven and not a hell candidate so OP, u need to be saved.

Did Jesus preach about hell or not? Did Jesus preach about sin or not? Answer my questions and you would know if you are saying the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Ad0rable: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by georgeike2(m): 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

if someone that has not attended CE put up this write I will just blame ignorance as the motivation of his write up but since he is coming from an X member that's y I am educating you d best way I can. have you listen to Pst Chris message on the man, the message and the mandate and also Christ consciousness if u haven't pls do ursef a favour and listen to it. because u might just be saying this you didn't understand. not attending CE is a guarantee that you understand the message Bro. For others I will also enjoy u to listen to those messages after that u can go ahead to support the Op at least by then ignorance wouldn't b ur companion. sorry if I sounded harsh
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
AgricSalt:

It's my pleasure. How are you

I am fine. How was meeting today? Hope great. Mine was.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by wellmax(m): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
professorchuks:

Shey that church that they preach sin very well, they are pure abi? Pretenders, u guys should stop putting up charade to cover ursef, judgment day is almost here, that day I will see all ur secret sins koro koro!

Its just a pity that after judgement no second chance. Better read your Bible well and stop idolising men.
Pastor who water down the gospel of Christ. Bible says they make their followers twice the children of hell.

I used to work near CE headquarters in Oregun, whenever I see the members especially ladies, I cannot but have compassion on them. They are moving in droves to hell.
You know what I a saying except you want to lie to yourself.
But what's my business sef.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
jiangchu:

they are not one. the former is ALWAYS DOING the will of the latter. he even pray to be rescued from mob action initated by judas.

You are there..

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
ogedanny:
What did you gain after posting? So sorry for you?

He only aired his opinion. He has a right to.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by buffalowings: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
One thing I know be say

Fine girls yapa for that church

Tchukuktchuku things
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Malawian(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
The Catholic remains the best, even if you are giving 1,000 naira or 5 naira, both of you is still going to hide it.
The stuff that jolted me the very first day i visited C.E Ekpoma (during my 100l) for their super sunday was when the pastor said some other ministers are coming from Lagos next week "with special anointing from Pastor Chris"

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by anonym0us: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

ooooh this one don finish... diz a first class christ embassy zombie

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Afam4eva(m): 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
I'm a very open minded person because i can attend just about any church in a bid to broaden my horizon and learn new things. I have been to a lot of churches. From Deeper Life (where i was brought up) to CPM, MFM, RCCG, Catholic, Seventh day adventist and Christ Embassy. For Christ Embassy, due to the fact that most of my immediate family attend the church, i attended it quasi-often for a while. So, i know a lot about the workings in the church.

The thing about Christ Embassy is that if you come from a conservative church background, you will find the church very very weird. It's not like RCCG or any of those typical pentecostal churches. The first thing that my knock you off when you first attend is their mode of dressing. A lot of the girls wear what could be said to be revealing or club-ish while a lot of the guys jerry curl their hair looking splufic and some of them even adorn themselves with ear rings. I mean, it's not like the church tells guys to wear ear rings. They'r not just really concerned about how people choose to dress or look to church. They're very liberal like that and that is why the church has the highest percentage of youth population of any church in Nigeria. Youths like where they will be allowed to express themselves freely.

I also do not find anything wrong in the practices that i have stated because i see myself liberal and hate churches that force doctrines down people's throat. I attended Deeper life, so i know what i;m saying.

What i find disturbing however, is the monetary aspect. I was in a Christ Embassy service one day and Pastor Chris's preaching that day was solely on tithing and it was a very angry preaching. You could feel the emphasis on tithing, offering and sowing seeds. it's like that almost every order day. They ring it into your ears that you can move forward in life until you give offerings, pay tithes, sow seeds and give your first fruits. They even took it a step further by collecting gate fees for cross-over services with the excuse that they're doing it in order to limit the number of people coming based on the space available. How on earth can one rationalize the collecting of gate fees to attend a church. Is it a concert biko nu?

Having said all these things, i really don't see how they are different from other churches. The problem i have with Nigerian Christians is that they always see faults in other churches except theirs. if you see them analyzing the faults in other churches, you would take them for objective and intelligent peeps until you bring up the topic about their pastor buying a private jet or slapping a child because she's a with and see them go up in arms. You would see pentecostal churches calling Catholics idol worshipers who are worshiping mary, the motehr of Jesus but would be the ones calling the pastor's wife mummy.

Can we please stop deceiving ourselves and allow people to contiue to live in their delusions of grandeur because we are all guilty of the same thing we accuse other of. Whether Christ Embassy, redeem, Catholic, Cele, C & S, MFM etc. We are all hypocritical.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by beloveddan: 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
I see many babies here. They say : " I am a member of this and a member of that ..." and they join the OP to lampoon the body of Christ. Kudos! This is one reason many so-called christian suffer terribly. You cannot kick against pricks and not carry sore feet. 'They that are led by the Spirit are the sons of God.'

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Dinieoj(f): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Come to Deeper Christian life ministry,come and hear the undiluted word of God.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MiddleDimension: 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from
lol. you just buttressed what he said

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ahmedbanj(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
I heard there are many pretty ladies dat are single and ready 2 mingle @ Christ embassy?
#Rushs_in_2_off_my_jalamia
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MiddleDimension: 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
georgeike2:

you see in CE they never force anyone to give. If u give is for your own good. During ur time there has it been anytime u didn't give and the project wasn't executed. at least CE is one church where you notice that is not only the pastors are that ae rich members too. and hope you are aware that CE pastor are not paid and yet non are broke. reason becos of their giving life style. people follow what works for them.

of course you will not be pushed to give, but the way and manner the message is pushed to you, any gullible person, and many nigerians are, will fall for it! the story of the sheraton man should definitely tell you something!
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ArcFresky(m): 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not poste- EVERYTHING.

Op, I want to recommend deeper life
Apart from their dressing and some spirit koko member, i think you will enjoy it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.