Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (144879 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jaymejate: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
gcof:
Being a Christian means to aspire to be like Christ in all that we do. The essence of the church is to help believers build their faith in order to be like Christ. The Bible says we should not forsake the gathering of brethren and what that gathering solely does is to encourage one another, help build one another in Christian faith and most importantly help each other know the truth about Christ. My brother, any ministry that is based on money money and donation all the time are still far away from the purpose for which the church was created. You may argue that nobody forced anyone to give but remember the story of Ananias and sapphira, a lot of people give with grudges in their heart in the so called churches and offerings like that God rejects but nobody cares afterall, the pastors are just interested in the money and not the heart giving it

yeah, they are but they did not force anyone my brother. no matter how bad they are, they will never stop mentioning Jesus or saying something that will be useful to you even if it's in one sentence. remember, they are not Jesus, they are just mere human being like you that can be easily attracted to anything.

me o, no matter how bad a pastor or a church is, i don't mind. I just make sure i tap from them to build myself spiritually and physically. that's me!

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MichaelUweh(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
Guy beware of what u say...
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by wristbangle: 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

I regret not seeing this thread earlier.
i weep for u. Because if u had Christ in u, u will never write wat u ve written here. I mean u open ur heart to offload devil's inspiration. watch ur life something has gone wrong with u spiritually.

Yes CE is all about giving and I dont have problem with dat. I got annoyed with the church and tried to go to other churches but i ended up empty. Living faith, Salvation ministries, RCCG etc None of them fed me spiritually like CE. Yes some leaders there have questionnable characters but the gospel 75 percent of all churches preach came from Pastor Chris. I was shouting wen a deeperlife member told me Christianity is not a religion. Find out who first used the word RHEMA, LOGOS, DUNAMIS in his preachings in nigeria. Most churches now allow female wearing trouses, do u know wat hell Pst Chris passed through to clarify the fact that it was not a sin.

its not wrong to find fault in CE and leave, but it is wrong for u to open ur mouth and allow the devil use u

This is one of the things I observe about CE members. You like to twist things just to prove the church is the spearhead of modern day christianity. The Latin words you mentioned has been even before the birth of CE from Benson Idahosa ministry, etc.

Your last sentence just prove why I can never attend CE church, not by death or illness.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
happney65:
Already told a friend..When I get a Car i would go to CEC and winners just for one thing..To Bleep their female members..

Those churches and more of them all they do is nonesense..nudity..etc..I once had a neighbour that was attended winners..she and their church accountant where fuckinggggg each other to the extent that he even had to abort for her twice

Omo,I wan test them pusssiess for a while..Awon weere gbogbo

They haff finally murdered grammar.. He aborted for her grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
abumeinben:
There are two types of Christians:

1. Those who worship God. They're called Christians

2. Those who worship God through a mere man. They're called xtians.
U need a man called by God to help u in ur relationship with God.
Read genesis to revelation and tell me if there was ever a time that God didnt set a prophet in place to lead his people. Wat exactly was the role of the apostles in early Christianity. Why didnt God talk to the european eunuch directly? why did God refer cornelius to peter? Why did God wait for paul to come before raising Dorcas?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jiangchu: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
abumeinben:

Your Monika sounds Chinese.

So you need to know that Christ and His Father are 1.

they are not one. the former is ALWAYS DOING the will of the latter. he even pray to be rescued from mob action initated by judas.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
AgricSalt:

You are in chains. Very strong chains. You preach "the good news of the gospel of our Lord Jesus". Since you do not know that "good news" is same meaning with "gospel", how then will you know that it is the good news of God's kingdom and that the key word there is " God's kingdom".

My sister. God's kingdom is for those that really want to obey what the bible really teaches. Not for those that worship money and glamour.

Jw sighted. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Efewestern: 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

another brainwashed mofo

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Gourdoinc(m): 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
Valmesk:
Does it mean that it is not safe to go to church again?Where would one worship God in truth and in spirit?
you can do that via your character and how you conduct yourself on earth. what else do you need the gathering for. to be a common hearer? all the time the same word, everyday it appears new simply because you don't practise it wholly. that's why the word is always new and interesting from different lying tongues. concentrate your efforts on living the word you have been hearing all this while, let the gentiles in your life observe you in secret and find you Christ like. that is how you have served God on earth in truth and in spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
wristbangle:

This is one of the things I observe about CE members. You like to twist things just to prove the church is the spearhead of modern day christianity. The Latin words you mentioned has been even before the birth of CE from Benson Idahosa ministry, etc.

Your last sentence just prove why I can never attend CE church, not by death or illness.
Can u give me a single reference where Bishop Idahosa used it?
Yes CE spearheaded the modern day Christianity. Almost all d churches i attended recently have their message taking its roots from d message of Pst Chris.
And yes if d devil used peter who was so close to Jesus.He can also use u to say rubbish about the annointing
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Gourdoinc(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Slai1:

It's unbiblical for a child of God to stay on his own without fellow shipping with others.
being true to Jesus and your Christian faith goes beyond biblical. the Bible is for you and not you for the Bible. the church and Jesus precedes the Bible. thus try to know your God beyond the beyond the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
MichaelUweh:
Guy beware of what u say...

Or they will die by fire? grin

Wharis dis..biko nu

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by pennywys(m): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.
op you are an amazing being, I value you among all christians I have come across
May God bless you.
Please PM on my contact below

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
Gourdoinc:
Mr oyakilome. not many are mentally challenged like you, who cant reason for themselves. maybe you and your generations have been cursed that's why you have the Mumu gene you displaying by going there and by typing the rubbish you typed to me. see this one deceiving himself about knowing God. I can tell you with all seriousness. both you and ur pastor have your names written in the book of hell and signed with your blood and that of other people who have been mislead by his type. now if you want me to go all gangsta on you and your idiocy. quote me again with nonsense. I dey wait you.
mark my moniker very well in case.
anyway i dnt display some of my colors on a christian thread thats why i will let it pass.
you are not a christian. i thought i was quoting a christian
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ogedanny: 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
What did you gain after posting? So sorry for you?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by abumeinben(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

U need a man called by God to help u in ur relationship with God.
Read genesis to revelation and tell me if there was ever a time that God didnt set a prophet in place to lead his people. Wat exactly was the role of the apostles in early Christianity. Why didnt God talk to the european eunuch directly? why did God refer cornelius to peter? Why did God wait for paul to come before raising Dorcas?

The apostles had played their roles to bring the gospel to you. Now you need another apostles to help you pray to him?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by chronique(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Christ embassy is not a church, but a disco/night club for people who want to be Christians but aren't ready to totally leave the sinful world. I don't see pastor Chris as a man of God. Someone who said masturbation wasn't a sin... All the pastors and cell leaders are neck deep in fornication and adultery. Years ago, I met a lady in a bus on my way to Benin for my sister's convocation. She and her friend had struggled among themselves for who would sit beside me. As the journey began, it didn't take long for her to start showing green light. She rested her head on my arms and very close to my chest. Anybody seeing us would have thought we were a couple. We got to ore and I took the initiative from there to chat her up and we exchanged numbers. By the time I left Benin, we spoke and she talked about coming over to see me in Lagos. During our subsequent discussion, I got to know she was a cell leader in school (uniben). We talked about different things and I came to understand that she didn't see anything wrong with fornication. She made me understand that even senior pastors in the church practiced it. The day she came visiting, she didn't spend 5 mins before jumping on my bed that she wants to sleep. The whole thing was like a movie to me. If not for the fact that my dad and I had somewhere to go to, it would have been straight to sex. Now, I'm not trying to sound like a saint but for the fact that she was supposed to be the one preaching against fornication as a cell leader, I expected much more from her. At least, let me be the one gingering her and saying "don't worry, God will forgive us; let's just have it this once"...lol. The whole thing kept me wondering how they can comfortably live in sin and still climb up the altar to preach the gospel without conscience.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ishilove:

Head of love
Oh oh oh! Okay, I see...sounds great, but my mind is going to 'isi ewu' right now as in head of goat (you know, the 'Ishi'-'Isi' part of it). grin grin grin.

It's a very simple, yet nice sounding name wink smiley
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by harizonal123(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

How about the miracles by pastor Chris. Are they fake also? Is there no good thing about the church all your years of being there?
I was formally a member and I left when pastor Chris couldn't reconcile with his wife and nobody dares to mention that topic not even pastors.
There are few things I hated about CE
# Dress mode especially the females including pastors wives
# Quest for money and how they go about it. Imagine mounting gate block by beautiful girls because of pastors bd on a Sunday morning
# Awards to best partners as if they are collecting earthly rewards
# The way they reverend pastor Chris every time the mic is handed over to members during talk shows .
# They don't help each other if u are in financial difficulties instead they pray for u & tell u God is ur Supply
The idea of immortality in the church , I can't say about that cos I was never part of it during my period of stay and I disagree with u on their concept of sin.

In. conclusion, I must confess that I have never seen a church the teaches Christ and the person of the holy spirit more than CE up till date and it helped in changing my prayer life

4 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sarang:

Jw sighted. smiley

You are smiling. Are you one too wink

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by abumeinben(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
jiangchu:

they are not one. the former is ALWAYS DOING the will of the latter. he even pray to be rescued from mob action initated by judas.

You're right bro, you're right.
However, try to get the difference between Jesus and The Christ.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
AgricSalt:

You are smiling. Are you one too wink

Yea haha..nice to meet you smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Gourdoinc(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

mark my moniker very well in case.
anyway i dnt display some of my colors on a christian thread thats why i will let it pass.
you are not a christian. i thought i was quoting a christian
you know nothing boy. relax and empty your pockets to your pastor who has redefined Christianity to his flock of sheeps. note it that anytime you need that fight you hoping for. I will gladly oblige you pressed down shaken together and running over. meanwhile, go hug it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
Iconoclaste:
I stopped taking pastor Chris serious when he opened his mouth at a communion Q&A session to say masturbation isn't a sin. I was like WTF.
Its also an open secret that after every night of bliss, the ones that used to be held at the stadium back then, lots of used condoms would be found on the grounds. The youths would usually disappear to dark corners around 3am.

follow this thread closely, the ladies would vehemently defend CE & Pastor Chris and even leave the meat of the matter to attack the messenger and ask jamb questions
Sometime i was on a thread on masturbation calling on christians to come and tell me why "MASTURBATION ON ITS OWN" is a sin and no one could defend it. or are u ready to do that?
As for ur condom sorry, i feel sorry for u if u re not a live witness of wat u re saying. Some one asked me why christians suffer more dan unbelieverz, my answer was simple, its easy ti break the edge with ur mouth and surely d serpent who is ur sworn enemy will bite
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by skyhighweb(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.
what do u do for a living
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=Newboss post=58048041]This is deep[/quote really deeeep!!!..
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
Gourdoinc:
you know nothing boy. relax and empty your pockets to your pastor who has redefined Christianity to his flock of sheeps. note it that anytime you need that fight you hoping for. I will gladly oblige you pressed down shaken together and running over. meanwhile, go hug it.
Do u have any view of christianity that counters his own dat u want to come here and defend so i will drag u to the floor for ur ignorance. Yes i will keep giving. I have numerous testimonies so i wont stop .
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ahless(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

Without holiness and righteousness no eye can see the Lord
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by wristbangle: 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
zionmade:

Can u give me a single reference where Bishop Idahosa used it?
Yes CE spearheaded the modern day Christianity. Almost all d churches i attended recently have their message taking its roots from d message of Pst Chris.
And yes if d devil used peter who was so close to Jesus.He can also use u to say rubbish about the annointing

Google will give reference to the bolded.

At the italics, provide cogent example to back up the statement.

Yes CE is worded but saying they started the Latin words as a referral for other churches is pure nonsense
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Kennitrust(m): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
franzis:
Na that one vex me pass, he went back to the church
something extraordinary is involved
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by AlanSugar(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from

This comment is highly disgraceful, so unchristian-like. The op is so right about CE and its minions! Go get a life son and learn how to be a Christian.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.