Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,105 members, 7,825,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. (19368 Views)

Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Why You Must Learn Digital Marketing / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by MzJin(f): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
ikeepitreal:
They won't learn productive skills, most Nigerian girls wont.
They only skill they want to learn is dick riding. They believe it's a skill set that draws in cash most effectively.
i like to call em sex entrepreneurs.

hmmmmm oga eeehhhhh just say na d only one u meet no be most Nigerian girls biko......e get some wey still be jjc for dat area.......besides if woman no sabi no man go wan kip am ,,,,,,,if dem sabi una still go complain......in fact naija men just tire me....

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by TheMainMan: 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
MzJin:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin as in e no give me strength to comment......some guys like to dey reason like popcorn
lol... dnt mind d guy

d guy matter don tire everybody...
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by MzJin(f): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheMainMan:
lol... dnt mind d guy

d guy matter don tire everybody...
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
GoldHorse:
I could give you a thousands kisses for this!!!! You are going places dear!!!

awwwwn thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Aragon: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
Probably the best post on NL this year. If a quarter of our Youths have this mentality then I see a better Nigeria. I met a girl in Naija last year, she has finished school but doing nothing all she needed was just 10k to learn how to make hair. Gave it to her, but she gave used it to treat her poor mum that had an accident.. Though I applaud and understood her but also told her it's a tough world out there and the money was for her to learn hair. Anyway because she was sincere, I gave her more money to learn how to sew since it's her passion. She will graduate before the year ends. I gave her a little more and she is buying and selling second hand clothes along with learning how to sew. Now she is happy working hard to establish herself instead of sitting at home looking for job with her certificate. School is good to get basic knowledge but many wont get employed cos there are no jobs. Money some use to impress Strangers can also be used to start a little something. Thank you so much for this post. Am so proud of you and hope others get inspired by your post

4 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Vick4rill(m): 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
Honestly this issue is already over flogged, every Nigerian undergraduate already knows the important of skill aquisition, even the institution themselves are already advocating for entreprenuer skill. That is why entrepreneur courses are made compulsory for all levels in the universities. what i dont like is the constant overhyping and re-writing of the same topics everytime. we should stop making skill aquisition look like a way to financial heaven. inasmuch as there are entreprenuers doing well we must also acknowledge that there are people who have failed woefully. one thing with this country is that we love running around the wall, about a century ago people were encourage to leave this skills and go get education. now that people are jam -packed in the educational sector skill aquisition is the hype now. instead of us to admit that we have fail as a nation!! we will end up overhyping skill aquisition jst like we over hype education in this country. bunch of unserious people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by poweredcom(m): 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
help me tell dem na to de do olosho now de reign for them as long as dem get android fone work Don finish we guys know dem if we see dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Mkbryants(m): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
Na people wey no get functioning brain she go tell. grin

@Bella, I could go into all the aforementioned without using my hands. All I'll need is capital and labour.

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
Aragon:
Probably the best post on NL this year. If a quarter of our Youths have this mentality then I see a better Nigeria. I met a girl in Naija last year, she has finished school but doing nothing all she needed was just 10k to learn how to make hair. Gave it to her, but she gave used it to treat her poor mum that had an accident.. Though I applaud and understood her but also told her it's a tough world out there and the money was for her to learn hair. Anyway because she was sincere, I gave her more money to learn how to sew since it's her passion. She will graduate before the year ends. I gave her a little more and she is buying and selling second hand clothes along with learning how to sew. Now she is happy working hard to establish herself instead of sitting at home looking for job with her certificate. School is good to get basic knowledge but many wont get employed cos there are no jobs. Money some use to impress Strangers can also be used to start a little something. Thank you so much for this post. Am so proud of you and hope others get inspired by your post

thank you so much for helping that lady

Someone also paid for my sewing machine to encourage me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Vick4rill:
Honestly this issue is already over flogged, every Nigerian undergraduate already knows the important of skill aquisition, even the institution themselves are already advocating for entreprenuer skill. That is why entrepreneur courses are made compulsory for all levels in the universities. what i dont like is the constant overhyping and re-writing of the same topics everytime. we should stop making skill aquisition look like a way to financial heaven. inasmuch as there are entreprenuers doing well we must also acknowledge that there are people who have failed woefully. one thing with this country is that we love running around the wall, about a century ago people were encourage to leave this skills and go get education. now that people are jam -packed in the educational sector skill aquisition is the hype now. instead of us to admit that we have fail as a nation!! we will end up overhyping skill aquisition jst like we over hype education in this country. bunch of unserious people.

I get your point

I'm just sharing my story and hoping it would touch someone

already getting a lot of emails, u might think everyone is aware about skills acquisition but sadly most are not or aren't properly encouraged
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Aragon: 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
Talk2Bella:

thank you so much for helping that lady

Someone also paid for my sewing machine to encourage me

Bless you dear! You are such an inspiration
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Aragon: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
Talk2Bella:

I get your point

I'm just sharing my story and hoping it would touch someone

already getting a lot of emails, u might think everyone is aware about skills acquisition but sadly most are not or aren't properly encouraged

How can this issue be overflogged when they average youth don't even get it. Actually your post should be Printee and shared amongst Nigerian Youths or better still, it should be taught in school. Please we nees more of this daily and I hope you will be posting more. Thank you
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
Aragon:

Bless you dear! You are such an inspiration
Bless you also
thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Chimourinho(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Op you are just a female version of me. Started learning to sew early this year after passing of NYSC 2015. Now i can sew comfortably but not perfect yet say 65%. Forget the shame now and enjoy the fame tomorrow. Keep it up dear..... your story just inspired me even more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Godmother(f): 6:26am On Jul 05, 2017
This is a great post. Every woman should trully learn a skill especially when you start having kids and can't cope with the demands of a 9-5
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2017
Chimourinho:
Op you are just a female version of me. Started learning to sew early this year after passing of NYSC 2015. Now i can sew comfortably but not perfect yet say 65%. Forget the shame now and enjoy the fame tomorrow. Keep it up dear..... your story just inspired me even more.

that's great

soar higher dear

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2017
Godmother:
This is a great post. Every woman should trully learn a skill especially when you start having kids and can't cope with the demands of a 9-5

exactly my point

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by oluwadeeboi(m): 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
If you are here and you want to learn a skill Think Acabado cakes, we teach you everything about baking at a very affordable price. Starting from beginners through intermediate to advanced cake making and decoration skills. Call 09075000101 for more info..

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by RealHaute: 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
makydebbie:
Yea you did. See your head like basket.

See your head like coconut. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Needs His Own Labour Party At National Assembly - Obi Aguocha / Italian Hospital Worker Accused Of Skipping Job For 15 YEARS STRAIGHT / I Got A Job Two Months After Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.